Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:48:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Has Dashpay given up on privacy?
No, Dashpay privacy is currently and will remain the best available - 6 (26.1%)
They like to pretend Dashpay privacy is "good enough" while focusing on other priorities - 6 (26.1%)
Dashpay privacy is worse than Bitcoin w/CoinJoin/JoinMarket, with no improvements in sight - 11 (47.8%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Dashpay given up on privacy?  (Read 1280 times)
TechorMarketing (OP)

Activity: 174
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 09:56:26 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2016, 10:07:59 PM by TechorMarketing

First Masternode blinding was seemingly abandoned

Next Evan makes it clear that adding protocol level privacy is not a focus of Dashpay "Evolution"

Now Dashpay leaders are trying to convince Masternode owners (easy since Evan and Otoh own enough coins to pass any Masternode vote proposal they wish) to pay for a KYC program to help DOXX Dashpay atm users.

Has Dashpay given up on privacy?
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 01:27:54 AM

just for everyone's information the OP is a mass Moner0 lover and is getting paid to write this shit. waste of time FUD
TechorMarketing (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 02:37:37 AM

Next Evan makes it clear that adding protocol level privacy is not a focus of Dashpay "Evolution"

Now Dashpay leaders are trying to convince Masternode owners (easy since Evan and Otoh own enough coins to pass any Masternode vote proposal they wish) to pay for a KYC program to help DOXX Dashpay atm users.

just for everyone's information the OP is a mass Moner0 lover and is getting paid to write this shit. waste of time FUD

Nobody has ever paid me to make a post here.

Which part of my quote above (with sources) was FUD?

Do you deny the claim that masternode blinding was never implemented?

Do deny Evans comments about not needing protocol level privacy in the YouTube video with Amanda?

Do you deny the Masternode budget proposal for a compliance (KYC/AML) program for Dashpay atm users?
Stouse49

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 06:25:33 AM

If they remove their DarkSend/PrivateSend, then yes.  Otherwise, they have a lot of pipe dreams, perhaps biting off more than they can chew.

Regarding Masternode Blinding, it does appear that it wasn't implimented.  I haven't heard about it in a long while.
https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/4nbqi9/is_masternode_blinding_yet_incorporated_into_the/

Dash Evolution development has barely begun and it runs two tiers above the "protocol" -- the protocol in view here is the Bitcoin Wire Protocol, the P2P aspect that sends messages such as "getdata", "block" and others for communication between nodes to keep all the nodes synced up as far as the blockchain is concerned.  Evolution will run in its own decentralized layer, or so it is claimed. So privacy on the protocol level, even DarkSend/PrivateSend doesn't necessarily mean anything for Evolution.

It will be interesting to see what comes out of all this.  My main interest is their code and it is fun to figure out how it all works internally.

BTC:
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 07:09:32 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2016, 07:38:24 AM by arielbit

dash evolution? LOL

that is over hyped.. dash evolution is boasting aliases like it will change the world.. pumping their coin like it will be the next big thing.

while the bytecoin roadmap shows this aliases as work in progress ... this cryptonote coin is second only to monero due to its 80% premine.

and yes, i bet they will beat dash in cutting edge technology even though dash have this.

funstuff:

bytecoin has a 100% clone coin that dash tried to kill for its name...if bytecoin get its aliases running, that coin will have its aliases running too, imagine the "LULZ" that will rain down on dash bullies here

and another thing a darkmarket had just added monero to their currency along with bitcoin.. that says a lot.

ring signatures has beaten snakeoil coinjoin (darksend) in anonymity.
funnyman21

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 04:59:12 PM

Source to justify the 3rd voting option:

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@dnaleor/warning-dash-privacy-is-worse-than-bitcoin
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 05:50:59 PM

Has Monero given up on creating useless anti-Dash threads in the Altcoin Discussion section, while they should be focussing on their own cryptocurrency development ?

Appearently not  Grin

Thats okay though, we are used to it by now.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 06:08:39 PM

Has Monero given up on creating useless anti-Dash threads in the Altcoin Discussion section, while they should be focussing on their own cryptocurrency development ?

Appearently not  Grin

Poor Qwizzno

https://np.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/4z0wm3/alphabay_market_launched_first_phase_of_monero/

https://np.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/4yv1dc/oasis_we_now_accept_monero_xmr/

rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 06:36:52 PM

Appearently not  Grin

It would be nice to have a rebuttal of the accusations if those are false.
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 06:43:39 PM

That will be like waiting for Godot... all you ever get is: "you're a monero-shill, you're spreading FUD"...

don't expect argumentation from blind fanboys...

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 07:06:52 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2016, 07:27:26 PM by qwizzie

Appearently not  Grin

what accusations ?

Is Dash giving up on protocol level privacy ? No, its even improved and perfected in update 12.1 with multi-session mixing, drastically improving the mixing time.
Is Dash giving up PrivacySend in favor of something like ZKSnark or other technologies ? No, as that leads away from using the blockchain explorer the way we can use it now where we can publicly view transactions
but direct links between sender and receiver are obfiscated when PrivacySend is used.

Its all perfectly explained in the YouTube video that OP himself provided ....  this whole thread is just a pathetic way of trying to spread FUD and i feel sorry for those falling for it.
Just watch the YouTube video once more and you see what i mean...

Anonymity is and will always be a core element of Dash, but we will stick with PrivacySend .. untill we come across something we can use and that supplement and strenghten our own anonymity.
ZKSnarks is not that solution for us.

And with regards to ATM compliance, anyone who feels like they dont need compliance when dealing with FIAT Gateways (like ATM's) are really living in a fantasy world.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 07:31:56 PM

it's over for dash, keep your mixers nobody needs it. private send your coins to yourselves haha

another major dark market just added XMR

XMR is released into the wild now...the war is over we have a winner now.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 07:37:35 PM

i see the quality of the posts are deminishing, which means my interest in this troll thread is deminishing as well.
Maybe OP's next troll thread will hold my attention a bit longer, but i wont hold my breath on it..

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 07:46:49 PM

i see the quality of the posts are deminishing, which means my interest in this troll thread is deminishing as well.
Maybe OP's next troll thread will hold my attention a bit longer, but i wont hold my breath on it..

i feel your pain buddy..you fought for your coin really well, and i admire that.

you could sell just one of your masternodes and get some XMR.

just within 2 days, 2 dark markets added XMR.....people using it as currency as "MONEY" .. this is shit is gonna explode. it is still very early.

you guys are crypto enthusiast like almost everyone here...almost always online, you/we all are early adopters, don't let hate and jealousy cloud your judgement.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 07:57:32 PM

i feel your pain buddy..you fought for your coin really well, and i admire that.

just within 2 days, 2 dark markets added XMR.....people using it as currency as "MONEY" .. this is shit is gonna explode. it is still very early.

you guys are crypto enthusiast like almost everyone here...almost always online, you/we all are early adopters, don't let hate and jealousy cloud your judgement.

pump and dump scheme

slow and steady rise through development and hard work scheme

I think i will stick to my slow and steady through development and hard work coin,  thank you very much.

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 08:08:50 PM

pump and dump scheme

slow and steady rise through development and hard work scheme

I think i will stick to my slow and steady through development and hard work coin,  thank you very much.

there is always a pump and dump... the next pump and dump might happen in 20$ - 50$ range

i'll reiterate 2 markets just added XMR, it will be used/utilized ... of course it will rise ...and when was it added? 2 days! how early is that? how early is now?

i'm not saying you abandon dash, just make money...if you are really a die hard dash close-minded person then you can buy back more masternodes after you make money.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 08:43:24 PM

I doubt was ever plan to have any privacy.  That was used as a marketing move since privacy was a hype in 2014.  But closely to private DASH got that it is privately controlled thru masternodes from Evan and co.
Dash is a soda coin.
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 08:55:12 PM

LOL I find it fascinating that while Dash changed its name from Darkcoin over a year ago in order to disassociate itself from the criminal underworld, Monero fans are now getting excited at the prospect of forming just such an association  Cheesy
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 09:01:29 PM

LOL I find it fascinating that while Dash changed its name from Darkcoin over a year ago in order to disassociate itself from the criminal underworld, Monero fans are now getting excited at the prospect of forming just such an association  Cheesy

who knows? dash might rebrand to darkcoin again lol

people love money, it is human nature...i've seen someone post in polo trollbox 100 kilos of cocaine pumping XMR lol
TechorMarketing (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 02:35:22 AM

It appears as if the primary focus of Dashpay is not "governance" not privacy. Unfortunately decentralized governance does not work when the instaminers control enough masternodes to pass any vote they want.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: