Bitcoin Forum
September 10, 2024, 09:21:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-08-21] cointelegrah.com] Amazon-Owned Twitch Re-adds Bitcoin Payments  (Read 334 times)
eye4bd (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 10:55:16 PM

Amazon-Owned Twitch Re-adds Bitcoin Payments Using Coinbase

Twitch, an Amazon-owned live streaming video platform which integrated Bitcoin back in August 2014, has began to offer Bitcoin as a payment option again using the Coinbase payment processing gateway since August 21, 2016............

https://cointelegraph.com/news/amazon-owned-twitch-re-adds-bitcoin-payments-using-coinbase
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 11:31:51 PM

I know that some people on the board have negative feelings towards Coinbase, but I think that this is a good thing.  
Another platform with a large, established base of young tech-savy users adopting BTC as a payment system
is exactly what we need to move forward with cryptocurrencies.

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 02:57:09 AM

I know that some people on the board have negative feelings towards Coinbase, but I think that this is a good thing.  
Another platform with a large, established base of young tech-savy users adopting BTC as a payment system
is exactly what we need to move forward with cryptocurrencies.
In this case Coinbase is just payment provider, nothing more. There is no usual KYC/AML and every transaction tracking like they do when you have wallet/trading account on Coinbase.com.
And that is actually a great news - I am an avid twitch.tv viewer and when they took down the ability for subscribing with BTC I was really upset.

Now I am waiting for HumbleBundle to do the same.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: