Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:32:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: i have the money for mining and i live in Venezuela  (Read 2061 times)
LittleChange (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 09:36:31 AM

Hi Community im starting reading about mining so
i have a few doubts before start

1: ¿How Much can i earn?
2: ¿i can live with these profits?
3:  i have in mind to buy s9 but i dont know if my internet speed connection will affect the mining work.

im learning how to setup s9 but im need learn more
but i dont want to waste my time

i know that the profits is depending of the pool and the blocks right? so exactly how much i can earn per month?

My family and i we live in a terrible economic situation
so i need the solution and i think this is it

So much scammers in my country i want to be legall
and just survive, if you people help me will be so great i know the karma going to pay well, sorry for my bad english .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fusion0389

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 04:03:01 PM

Hi Community im starting reading about mining so
i have a few doubts before start

1: ¿How Much can i earn?
2: ¿i can live with these profits?
3:  i have in mind to buy s9 but i dont know if my internet speed connection will affect the mining work.

im learning how to setup s9 but im need learn more
but i dont want to waste my time

i know that the profits is depending of the pool and the blocks right? so exactly how much i can earn per month?

So much scammers in my country i want to be legall
and just survive, if you people help me will be so great i know the karma going to pay well, sorry for my bad english .

Honestly it depends on your cost of electricity. If its free or extremely low cost go for it! Although a long term solution would be to move to another country with a better economic situation, mining, if done properly can provide a nice chunk of income on the side.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 09:34:19 PM

If you are in a terrible economic situation, then do NOT start mining bitcoin. It is NOT a guaranteed way to make money. There is a good chance you will more likely lose money especially as a newcomer to mining.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
LittleChange (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 03:20:12 AM

Hi thanks for response, yes my electricity its free, i need to get out to another country and work but with this terrible situation is impossible
so i learn fast and i like reading im new but i think i can, just tell me about the numbers how much i can do mining per month with a S9
great salute guys and thanks for the response.
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:30:40 AM

Antminer S9 = 14TH/s = $2400

with the current difficulty it is estimated you could earn around .5btc per month from it. it will take you around 9 months to get your investment back from it so be sure before you buy. think about the maintenance of the s9
LittleChange (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 07:20:29 AM

Antminer S9 = 14TH/s = $2400

with the current difficulty it is estimated you could earn around .5btc per month from it. it will take you around 9 months to get your investment back from it so be sure before you buy. think about the maintenance of the s9

5btc per Month? or you mean 0.5 btc?
fusion0389

Activity: 324

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 05:04:57 PM

At current difficulty, according to coinwarz.com you're looking at about .45btc per month. Keep in mind, this value generally will go down a little every month due to increases in difficulty. Right now, you're looking at about 3.0 BTC for a BITMAIN Antminer S9 Batch 12 PLUS a power supply and shipping costs.  It will take a little while to break even on your initial investment. Even with free power, you're looking at approximately 6-7 months to break even. HOWEVER, that could change it the value of the bitcoin goes up or goes down. You also need access to reliable 240V power and somewhat cool air, these machines pull 1300-1400 watts consistently 24/7 and run VERY HOT. You need to make sure your electrical system is capable of handling that current draw. I can definitely empathize with your current situation... There's a bit of turmoil over there... Feel free to ask more questions
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 07:47:18 PM

so i learn fast and i like reading im new but i think i can, just tell me about the numbers how much i can do mining per month with a S9

Today  PPS TH/s Earnings   is 0.00115679 BTC for 1 TH/s
S9 11,8TH/s
11,8 x 0.00115679 =0,01365 BTC per day (today)

30x 0.01365 = 0.4095 BTC per mont  (In fact, probably a little bit less.)

At todays BTC price it is 210 euro or less.

11.85Ths Antminer S9 + PSU =2.695 BTC ( 1562. USD ) + shipping to Venezuela + TAX !!!
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 08:12:28 PM

If you have free electricity then forget S9's, you just want as many g/hs for your capital cost as possible, efficiency is irrelevant.

At current difficulty/price you will earn $0.03 per hour per t/hs.
Think cheap, used and reliable.
Good luck.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 09:37:00 PM

Here's the thing: Mining does not, and will not guarantee profit. That being said, we need to know your electricity cost; cooling will be an issue, especially if you live in Venezuela, but if your electrical cost is lower than 0.10$/kwh, you're ready to go. S9's are the only bitcoin-based miners that will make anything for the average bitcoin miner, but if you have free electricty, find how much you can use, maximum, and buy as many cheap miners as possible. I recommend S3's in that situation, as they're cheap and reliable, and most of all provide cheap hashrate. If you're looking for non-bitcoin based mining options, consider Scrypt or Ethereum. I won't discuss those, but your best bet in Scrypt is going to be Innosilicon A4 and in Ethereum, the RX 470. Good luck in your journey.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 07:56:08 PM

If you have free electricity then forget S9's, you just want as many g/hs for your capital cost as possible, efficiency is irrelevant.

At current difficulty/price you will earn $0.03 per hour per t/hs.
Think cheap, used and reliable.
Good luck.

One thing to important about electricity is it being reliable.   Some of Venezuela is not known for the most reliable electricity among other thing's.  And you have free to a point do you have a house or apartment?  I think you will find you don't have a ton of electricity for free.  One of the longest and best threads about mining in OP's country is here.  I think it's a tough road to go down with expectations like you have.

Hi thanks for response, yes my electricity its free, i need to get out to another country and work but with this terrible situation is impossible
great salute guys and thanks for the response.

If your goal is to make a little bit of cash yes buying old gear you likely can do it there.   But you have to have the extra capital where if it does not work you still will be able to live fine.  But it's hard to factor things like official exchange rate/black market exchange rate/political factors (there were reports of 2 arrested for mining that not much info ever came out from).  But again making a little extra cash very possible but if your goal is to make enough to move countries I think you are going to be disappointed.
Das

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 02:29:55 PM

Why does OP want to buy S9 when Bitmain just released the new R4? It has a higher hashing power and consumes less electricity - you will make more profit that way.
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 04:07:24 PM

Why does OP want to buy S9 when Bitmain just released the new R4? It has a higher hashing power and consumes less electricity - you will make more profit that way.

Read the thread.  Roll Eyes
He doesn't pay for electricity (and where do you get the idea that R4s hashes more than S9s?).

I reckon $100/Ths cost max inc. power supply is a workable target price for miners i.e. S7's, direct from China?
If you have free electric, ROI 150 days..

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 08:51:58 AM

Do not write more B.S.

ANTMINER R4

Hash Rate 8.6TH/s (Variation of ±5% is expected)
    Power Consumption 845W +9% at the wall (with Bitmain’s APW5 PSU, 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)
    Power Efficiency 0.1 J/GH +9% at the wall (with Bitmain’s APW5 PSU, 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)
    Noise level 52dB (at an ambient temperature of 35°C)
    Chip quantity per unit 126 x BM1387
    Rated Voltage 11.60 ~13.00V
    Product size 515mm (L) x 100mm (W) x 222mm (H)
    Package size 610mm (L) x 215mm (W) x 340mm (H)
    Operating Temperature 0°C to 40°C
    Network Connection Ethernet
    Default Frequency 600MHz

ANTMINER S9-B13, 12.93 TH/s
S9 Specifications:

1. Hash Rate: 12.93TH/s ±5%
2. Power Consumption: 1275W + 7% (at the wall, with APW3 ,93% efficiency, 25C ambient temp)
3. Power Efficiency: 0.098 J/GH + 7%(at the wall, with APW3 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)
4. Rated Voltage: 11.60 ~13.00V
5. Chip quantity per unit: 189x BM1387
6. Dimensions: 350mm(L)*135mm(W)*158mm(H)
7. Cooling: 2x 12038 fan
8. Operating Temperature: 0 °C to 40 °C
9. Network Connection: Ethernet
10. Default Frequency: 600M
Sontoloyo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 10:21:13 AM

The most important factor for Bitcoin mining is electric cost. If the cost not more USD 0,1/KW you get profit, if more than 0,1 KW you have loss. Please considering the electric cost first.
leowonderful
Legendary

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 10:35:29 PM

The most important factor for Bitcoin mining is electric cost. If the cost not more USD 0,1/KW you get profit, if more than 0,1 KW you have loss. Please considering the electric cost first.
Most people have electrical costs of around or below 0.1$/kwh anyways, assuming that you live in the U.S or another country and don't live in too urban areas. Electricity is probably the most important factor here; Bitmain says it's a home miner, but you should always do your own research. Maybe Bitmain now bins their ASICS and S9's get higher-grade chips, and R4s lower grade chips? May be an explanation to the slightly lower efficiency; either way, they're nearly the same.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 05:22:25 PM

I would consider buying some cheaper mining gear, like a s7, and running that for a while. 
If you are able to keep that running with no issues and make a little money, then spend more and get some newer gear. 
If the mining does not work out, you have not wasted all your money.

veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 06:02:08 PM

if you have free electricity s9 is a very good choice
you are looking at the ROI of 7-8 month with the current difficulty level
from what I know,Venezuela is very poor on a brink of financial collapse due to the oil price hitting the new low every month
and OPEC unable to make up their mind as to cut the oil production or not
not sure if buying mining equipment is a good idea in your situation
especially if you spend all of your savings on it,risks are huge 

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
leowonderful
Legendary

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 06:22:42 PM

if you have free electricity s9 is a very good choice
you are looking at the ROI of 7-8 month with the current difficulty level
from what I know,Venezuela is very poor on a brink of financial collapse due to the oil price hitting the new low every month
and OPEC unable to make up their mind as to cut the oil production or not
not sure if buying mining equipment is a good idea in your situation
especially if you spend all of your savings on it,risks are huge  
The potential profit is also huge; it's a coinflip in this occasion, but the S7-LN could also work just fine, as well as the regular S7.
Anyways, i'll go ahead and say that this thread is probably dead already due to the OP not responding in a very long time. With nearly free electricity, which I expect will probably happen due to OP living in Venezuela, it's possible to get very quick ROI on pretty much any miner not any older than the A6 or S7. That said, as of now, mining with bitcoin really isn't the best option for many people even with good electricity.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: