Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:59:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would it be legal to create new crypto?  (Read 23010 times)
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:44:48 PM

Yes it legal, until trading of concurrency is considered legal in India.
Yes it is legal to create new crypto and launch a project but if you are having all legalized rights for it. But creating and launching is not difficult keeping it on work is difficult and assuring people that it has promising plans. Better than launching a crypto and working years for it development, just get in to bitcoin and make your money
manoj kumar k

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:16:44 AM

hi I am from India here bitcoin is not illegal here nor it is regulated.Reserve Bank,the central bank,says it is still watching bitcoin revolution www.indiabitcoin.com/reserve-bank-of-india-governor-raghuram-rajan-speaks-about-bitcoin/ .
My question is if I create a crypto curruncy will I be doing something illegal? Can I be put behind bars for creating a parallel currency,if it gets widely accepted?
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:20:56 PM

Yes it is legal to create new crypto and launch a project but if you are having all legalized rights for it. But creating and launching is not difficult keeping it on work is difficult and assuring people that it has promising plans. Better than launching a crypto and working years for it development, just get in to bitcoin and make your money
I am more amenable to stick in bitcoin and earn money. Rather than having to create a new crypto, with all the work to do and the money to spend on it.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:05:29 PM

I guess no, you will not be arrested and as what as you said bitcoin is not illegal in your country so how will you jail and who will do it for you. There are so many cryptocurrencies now and I guess there's not even one got in jailed because of creating some new cryptocurrency

I think it's not always a negative, I mean, it definitely is illegal if you would make your own cryptocurrency in a country where it's not legal to do so; however, if you would make them in country that accepts it, then its not illegal per se. Come to consider that ICOs are being introduced everyday, and they basically introduce a new altcoinc which is a form of cryptocurrency as well. They use it as a means to pay transactions in their companies or programs; they also use it as rewards and payments to people who join in their projects. In that sense, it is not illegal to make your own crypto, given that it is allowed.

Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:42:43 PM

If it relates to our local laws, as for me, I do not think creating new cryptocurrencies would be illegal since there are no laws making such act illegal or criminal. Otherwise stated, there being no laws forbidding such, creating new cryptos is not illegal for all intents and purposes. Nonetheless, my suggestion is for you to double check with your laws through your respective government officials if we have the same rule of thumb pertaining to such. Because you know, we have different interpretations brought about by our varying customs and traditions.

Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:32:44 AM

Unless there is law in your country banning any creation of cryptocurrency, you will be arrested if you are caught doing it. Many countries are still against the use of bitcoin or any virtual currencies and they will not allow it to be use as legal tender especially if it is a decentralized currency. The coin developers in this countries should instead go into another country where crypto making is not prohibited.
christmark183

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:13:02 AM

i think you must ask to crypto web maybe there admin answer you.
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:22:38 AM

yes absolutely legal. There is no such guidelines that stop you from creating or investing in a ICO in India. Many Indian crypto enthusiast are working in some way or other to create their own ICO to raise crowd-funding for the concept they have in their mind.
Indicoin – India’s first ICO was launched on 1st October, 2017.

As far as what I have heard India is going to go strict on ICO part. Also the committee report which is being waited seems to ban the cypto currency in India. This might be a big blow which may come in some time. I think govt will never encourage any one to take public money for their coin unless it is being controlled by them.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 769

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:39:34 PM

i think you must ask to crypto web maybe there admin answer you.
Whose admin would answer such thing? Doesn't make any sense since this is a forum if he do ask here then simply members or community would really give their own opinions that might be applicable on such decision you would made.

yes absolutely legal. There is no such guidelines that stop you from creating or investing in a ICO in India. Many Indian crypto enthusiast are working in some way or other to create their own ICO to raise crowd-funding for the concept they have in their mind.
Indicoin – India’s first ICO was launched on 1st October, 2017.

As far as what I have heard India is going to go strict on ICO part. Also the committee report which is being waited seems to ban the cypto currency in India. This might be a big blow which may come in some time. I think govt will never encourage any one to take public money for their coin unless it is being controlled by them.

Its not surprising that most government wont really take it easily for them to loose up too much on their decisions on adopting or accepting crypto. They would really think off and convince theirselves on making such step.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
jimlyon

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:17:32 PM

Hi,
I think it is not illegal to start earning your own currency, and how any one know what you do in your pc, so If you are from India it's not a big issue, that's why I think your government is not focused in that field so they will not bother you in that matter.
nessesthelle

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:56:05 PM

Everything is legal until it becomes illegal officially Grin
Hyung

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:44:59 AM

yes i think so!
We have the right to create our own.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:03:52 AM

I am more amenable to stick in bitcoin and earn money. Rather than having to create a new crypto, with all the work to do and the money to spend on it.
If you have a lot of money you have chance to create new crypto currency but make sure that you have capacity to sustain your crypto that plan to open. Otherwise, I believe that all people who having capacity and knowledge regarding crypto currency are possible to open or create new crypto. Since I have no capacity I guess I need to stick to bitcoin and other crypto currency.
yabull5

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:47:19 AM

Well in most cases I think it depends on the national legal framework. Earlier I've been researched on the US legal framework towards whether a cryptocurrency/token is considered as a securities or not-(Re: The Howey Test). Within the test, if a token passes the test and considered as securities it must comply the current regulation of securities from SEC.

Although there were many loopholes if you created the token in the unregulated state.. similar to tax evasion/tax haven I guess..
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:07:07 AM

Well in most cases I think it depends on the national legal framework. Earlier I've been researched on the US legal framework towards whether a cryptocurrency/token is considered as a securities or not-(Re: The Howey Test). Within the test, if a token passes the test and considered as securities it must comply the current regulation of securities from SEC.

Although there were many loopholes if you created the token in the unregulated state.. similar to tax evasion/tax haven I guess..

If you created ICO since the out come of ICO will results to tax evasion because it is anonymous decentralized and no boundaries it seems that it will go againts government policies, will it only varies in the country where you belong in our country the central bank are trying to support development of crypto currencies they are even trying to protect users againts creminal activities like terrorist financing and others.

sumonrud

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:41:28 AM

I think legal to create new crypto. Actually, if you have government permission then it is easy to create. everybody know that bitcoin is not legal every county so you totally have the right to make any cryptocurrency. There are many altcoins present on the market. another thing If altcoins are legal in your country then it is your right to create.

BlasterS

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:47:38 PM

Of course it will become legal once there is a new electronic or virtual coin created and operates in crypocurrenies.
The new crypto should comply first in requirements required by the government in order to have a certification and a valid license to operate, so all transactions they have are safe and legal.
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:05:50 PM

Yes it will legal if someone create new crypto. But depend of the policy of that country. For some country have legalized altcoins, I think it will easy.
But need time to government to legalized crypto, the government afraid in crypto people can using for money laundry, for criminal transactions and many things. So government need control crypto.
Doltorom

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:01:51 PM

Yes it will legal if someone create new crypto. But depend of the policy of that country. For some country have legalized altcoins, I think it will easy.
But need time to government to legalized crypto, the government afraid in crypto people can using for money laundry, for criminal transactions and many things. So government need control crypto.

It is true that a country needs time to implement the ripe rules because the Government in my country is worried that this virtual currency will be misused for a crime. "This is to prevent money laundering, terrorism financing, and safeguarding the sovereignty of our country's currency as legal tender
The BlockRx Project

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:59:03 PM

yes 100% its legal you must go for this Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: