Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:31:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I get bitcoins directly--I have access to cash/bank account/credit card  (Read 820 times)
AeroJohn (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:15:24 AM

For instance, there is a site called bitfloor where I deposit cash at a bank and they fund my account but that does absolute shit because I don't want in-website cash. I wanted a bitcoin. Plus, I'm not 100% how long it will take for the process for the money to reach my account so I can try to bid for a bitcoin in the market. So what is the easiest way and relatively cheapest way to get a bitcoin without too much hassle.
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:16:52 AM

https://localbitcoins.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AeroJohn (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:19:40 AM

noooooooooooo, localbitcoins. I do not want to go around having to drive to waste my gas to get a dam already overpriced bitcoin. My local place have them for 6 dollars above market. Or maybe I am missing a viable assets to this situation. Please care to explain.
ChickaDee

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:24:21 AM

sent you a pm :-)
silverfuture
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:28:05 AM

Many people use email transfers through on-line banking to avoid travelling unless someone is really close. Put up an ad to buy them and you can bid what you like for them. Use escrow.

AeroJohn (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:55:13 AM

escrow charges you 25 dollars for any payment less than 5000 dollars lol
silverfuture
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:20:25 AM

Fee is 1% for the advertiser on succesful trades. If the buyer cancels the deal, no fees.  https://localbitcoins.com/escrow_process_guide

battmann

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

I am a student of programming and design.

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:34:27 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2013, 03:26:13 PM by battmann

For instance, there is a site called bitfloor where I deposit cash at a bank and they fund my account but that does absolute shit because I don't want in-website cash. I wanted a bitcoin. Plus, I'm not 100% how long it will take for the process for the money to reach my account so I can try to bid for a bitcoin in the market. So what is the easiest way and relatively cheapest way to get a bitcoin without too much hassle.

Uhhhh..... CryptoCurrent.com duh

Check em its worth it 10x over
DataPlumber

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 06:44:03 AM

Jeebus.

Someone needs to satisfy this market.

Because it's hungry.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4657

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:06:04 AM

noooooooooooo, localbitcoins
- snip -
My local place have them for 6 dollars above market.

Perhaps you should create an ad on localbitcoins.com offering to buy them for a fairer price (perhaps offer to pay 2% more than current price) and see if anyone nearby takes you up on your offer.
battmann

Activity: 182

I am a student of programming and design.

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 03:31:27 PM

Jeebus.

Because it's hungry.

see

I'm serious, his forum thread is impeccable, check it out:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=152906

DataPlumber

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 03:40:24 PM

Jeebus.

Because it's hungry.

see

I'm serious, his forum thread is impeccable, check it out:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=152906

Ah, competition is good.  Bitfloor only does US Bank, and the nearest branch is 500+mi away.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: