Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:17:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] CoinLenders  (Read 226434 times)
BigBitz

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:38:50 PM

Hmm. Not sure I like how this is going. I might remove my coins.

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:26:43 PM

Why remove coins?

Wish you did cash loans on the website, Paypal with a monthly repayment subscription setup for people who have done a few loans. I'd never be dumb enough to borrow a coin for cash. Could get really lucky, or screwed hard Sad

Maybe I'll lock in. I don't mind high rate of return Smiley

Edit:
I went to buy 1 coin at 30 days, and it tells me min. 100?
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:14:21 PM

Purchased 3 90 day coins Smiley
btharper

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:24:42 PM

Just tried to sign up for one of the lower limit CDs, on submitting any request it's denied saying that I need a minimum 100 BTC balance for any of the CDs, including the 1 BTC minimum 25.5% CD.

Much less important I also noticed that each CD request triggered 4 total requests to the server, particularly on an error where no balance information changes, isn't that a bit high?
wolverine.ks

Activity: 375

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:06:52 PM

why is the 90 day CD rate less than the regular deposit rate?

why would anyone want to buy one of those when they could just keep them in the account? or buy 3 30 day CD's?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:08:25 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2013, 11:11:06 PM by TradeFortress

why is the 90 day CD rate less than the regular deposit rate?

why would anyone want to buy one of those when they could just keep them in the account? or buy 3 30 day CD's?
Because after your first 30 day CD matures, you may not find the same interest rates offered.

Just tried to sign up for one of the lower limit CDs, on submitting any request it's denied saying that I need a minimum 100 BTC balance for any of the CDs, including the 1 BTC minimum 25.5% CD.

Much less important I also noticed that each CD request triggered 4 total requests to the server, particularly on an error where no balance information changes, isn't that a bit high?
1. Oops, I've changed it to have different durations so it won't think of the 100 btc min CD. A full fix will be coming shortly.
2. One submits the request, one gets the balance, one gets the transaction history, one refreshes the CD list. I could condense them, but it's pretty modular right now and doesn't matter.

Why remove coins?

Wish you did cash loans on the website, Paypal with a monthly repayment subscription setup for people who have done a few loans. I'd never be dumb enough to borrow a coin for cash. Could get really lucky, or screwed hard Sad

Maybe I'll lock in. I don't mind high rate of return Smiley

Edit:
I went to buy 1 coin at 30 days, and it tells me min. 100?
Fixed, and PM'd Smiley

Feel free to? Free market..
Caesium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:53:56 AM

TradeFortress, I know you've said in this thread that you have no desire to make your identity known.

Would it interest you at all to provide your identity to John K, to his satisfaction, for our depositors peace of mind? You may well find that with this your deposits would grow substantially? I'm certainly a little bit nervy of putting in any more than I already have. There really is literally nothing to stop you running off with it right now.

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
twitami1

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:31:12 PM

John K is the Escrow guy right? (New around here)  If so, I like that idea as well. I put in a little, just to see how it works.

takagari
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:17:55 PM

TradeFortress, I know you've said in this thread that you have no desire to make your identity known.

Would it interest you at all to provide your identity to John K, to his satisfaction, for our depositors peace of mind? You may well find that with this your deposits would grow substantially? I'm certainly a little bit nervy of putting in any more than I already have. There really is literally nothing to stop you running off with it right now.

And lets be honest, please do tell what knowing his name will honestly do?
He skips country with a million bucks. what's his name going to do?
Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:27:57 PM

It creates a new hurdle though.
I think it would be great, if TF would confirm the identy to John K and it would certainly help his business.
BigBitz

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:17:41 PM

Feel free to? Free market..
[/quote]
I did Smiley

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:10:44 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 09:46:11 AM by TradeFortress

It creates a new hurdle though.
I think it would be great, if TF would confirm the identy to John K and it would certainly help his business.
You do realize the identities of the largest bitcoin scams were know, right? It would make sense for me to disclose and brag about it in order to build up confidence that is pretty much just thin air.

If you're worried, review the history of my investment fund, my lending history here, threads like this, or talk to me on IRC when I'm online (same nick), or message admin on coinchat.
Caesium

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:28:57 AM

You do realize the identities of the largest bitcoin scams were know, right? It would make sense for me to disclose it in order to build up confidence that is pretty much just thin air.

So why not do it? If you think it won't stop you running off with our money then you've nothing to lose really? Wink
I'm not even asking for you to disclose it publicly, just to one trusted escrow agent.

If you're worried, review the history of my investment fund, my lending history here, threads like this, or talk to me on IRC when I'm online (same nick), or message admin on coinchat.

I don't really see how any of this will achieve much. Past performance is all well and good, but it can always be leading up to a long con. The bigger the money, the longer people are willing to do the setup.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:49:05 AM

So why not do it? If you think it won't stop you running off with our money then you've nothing to lose really? Wink
I'm not even asking for you to disclose it publicly, just to one trusted escrow agent.
Why not do it? I already have being doing it (name and/or address, verified by a trusted agent called PayPal) to everyone I traded with on paypal. Including one person that I just gave a PPUSD loan to.

I don't go around and make it a selling point because tbh it's worth nothing, but if you want, here.

You would know that these are real if you have conducted a PayPal transaction with me, which many on this forum had.

PP verified:

PP AML/CTF verified:

Bank account (Australia has 100 point checks for bank accounts):

danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:35:46 AM

I'm not sure I get this. I realise you're editing as I'm refreshing but a 7 day CD for 10% APR - why wouldn't I just leave the money out of a CD and get 25% on it? Also a 1% bonus for a lock-away isn't all that appealing I think (thats just my opinion though)
Because the min amount is 0.01. It's for people who have less than 1 bitcoin they want to deposit. I've removed the option because I don't think many people would be interested in it.

Currently, there's a 90 day 20% APR option, and that is if you're happy with 20% APR as the interest rate. The account interest rate could be changed to 18% APR or 8% APR without warning, but with a CD you lock it in. Tip: ask your local bank about their offerings.
20% APR CD.  I love it.  My bank gives me 0.95% APR.  Smiley

What's the minimum amount for that one?

Caesium

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:44:57 AM

You're right, that is worth nothing. That's not really what I had in mind.

John K has pretty good procedures for verifying someone's identity. This is the sort of thing I was getting at: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195052.msg2046295#msg2046295 (first half of text below the quote, obviously the Q&A escrow bits are irrelevant).

But anyway, I'll stop beating this horse and derailing the thread now, I think I've got the answers I was seeking.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:01:26 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 11:46:38 AM by TradeFortress

You're right, that is worth nothing. That's not really what I had in mind.

John K has pretty good procedures for verifying someone's identity. This is the sort of thing I was getting at: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195052.msg2046295#msg2046295 (first half of text below the quote, obviously the Q&A escrow bits are irrelevant).

But anyway, I'll stop beating this horse and derailing the thread now, I think I've got the answers I was seeking.
That's worth nothing in the sense of 'it doesn't matter', not that it can be easily faked (because PayPal tells you if a user is verified or not, and I've submitted the documents needed to pass AML on not just PayPal but other sites too).

Enough of a run on sentence, anyway,

20% APR CD.  I love it.  My bank gives me 0.95% APR.  Smiley

What's the minimum amount for that one?

1 BTC. I actually get 3.75% from my bank, which sounds nice until you take tax into account (then it's lower than CPI).

Also, check out the new CD display where you can refresh to see satoshis rolling in! It's taken from mpex when they paid out interest on balances Smiley
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:20:14 PM

Why not do it? I already have being doing it (name and/or address, verified by a trusted agent called PayPal) to everyone I traded with on paypal. Including one person that I just gave a PPUSD loan to.

I don't go around and make it a selling point because tbh it's worth nothing, but if you want, here.

You would know that these are real if you have conducted a PayPal transaction with me, which many on this forum had.

PP verified:

PP AML/CTF verified:

Bank account (Australia has 100 point checks for bank accounts):

That would be me who just got the loan from TF, In USD over paypal, I can assure you he is Verified and I do know his real name.
If he screws off with everyone's coins (including mine) I'll be sure to release that info Smiley
wolverine.ks

Activity: 375

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:55:50 PM

is there a coinlenders android app in the works?
anyone else want to watch their coinlenders account from their mobile?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:57:20 PM

Just had a question about a negative interest payment. That's intended, and happens when you deposit and takes out a CD. CDs work on a day by day basis, and if you deposit say 1 hour before the server time hits a new day, purchases a CD with all or most of your balance, you will get a negative interest payment - but you would get more from the CD.

Again, this only applies to the first day of your deposit where it is prorated.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: