Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:27:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] CoinLenders  (Read 226434 times)
vlees

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 01:30:04 PM

Just read your site thoroughly and NOWHERE does it say application fees are non refundable. You will be reported to proper authorities.

But on another thread you say:

This was not a legal contract. And also Bitcoin is not recognized by the US government as currency. So I have no legal obligation to you. Goodbye

I don't have to give Austin anything. Bitcoin is not recognized as a currency in the United States. And we have no binding contract. I am done with Austin. Fuck you.

So you say the rules that apply to others don't apply to you? Well, how mentally challenged can a single person be?...

BEEP BEP
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:10:28 PM

Just read your site thoroughly and NOWHERE does it say application fees are non refundable. You will be reported to proper authorities.

It's an application fee - that means it's a fee you pay for applying.
It isn't an acceptance fee - which you'd only pay if your application was accepted.
wolverine.ks

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 08:04:40 PM

So newb question to break up all the drama a bit....

what is all this verification to prevent MITM stuff?

ive seen it, but what do I do with it?

thanks
siliclone

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 08:16:18 PM

thanks
It's there for your peace of mind. It's an optional step that you can use to verify the authenticity of the deposit address prior to sending funds. My guess as to the reasoning is that if a MITM attack was taking place, the attacker would not posses certain information found in the message and therefore the generated signature from the injected address would not match.
shawshankinmate37927

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 12:18:26 AM

thanks
It's there for your peace of mind. It's an optional step that you can use to verify the authenticity of the deposit address prior to sending funds. My guess as to the reasoning is that if a MITM attack was taking place, the attacker would not posses certain information found in the message and therefore the generated signature from the injected address would not match.

The attacker would not possess the private key associated with that deposit address.  Only someone with the private key that corresponds to that deposit address would be able to generate that signature with that message.

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 01:51:38 AM

Can someone help?  I can't for the life of me get the new MITM address verification message to verify using multibit or brainwallet.org.   Huh I had no problems before when it was associated with the address on these forums.  Now I can't send funds because maybe I AM being MITM attacked?  Most likely I'm doing something wrong, but I have tried every combo under the sun to get it to verify and it just won't. Huh

I tried emailing TF, but no reply.

It's part of Inputs.io's message signing format. I'll allow everyone to access inputs.io/clearsign - one sec.

Thanks
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 01:56:34 AM

Copy and paste the signed message here:

https://inputs.io/clearsign

It should say: "Message verified to be from 15Cq6CSmEiGuqYEPmv877iA5dz4h83U4wk"
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 02:06:22 AM

Copy and paste the signed message here:

https://inputs.io/clearsign

Here's what came back:

Something still isn't working for me.

Heheh

I'll PM you a beta key Smiley
BigBitz

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:50:27 AM

inputs.io something else you are working on TF?

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 12:07:59 PM

inputs.io something else you are working on TF?
Yes Smiley
vlees

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 12:36:08 PM

Can someone help?  I can't for the life of me get the new MITM address verification message to verify using multibit or brainwallet.org.   Huh I had no problems before when it was associated with the address on these forums.  Now I can't send funds because maybe I AM being MITM attacked?  Most likely I'm doing something wrong, but I have tried every combo under the sun to get it to verify and it just won't. Huh

You can verify the message in a normal Bitcoin client.

In Bitcoin-QT you can go to the first menu -> verify message.
The paste the entire message (including "signed with inputs.io.....")
As signer address take the first line from the signature block.
As signature, take the second line. Click verify. Should work.

BEEP BEP
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 12:38:05 PM

You can verify the message in a normal Bitcoin client.

In Bitcoin-QT you can go to the first menu -> verify message.
The paste the entire message (including "signed with inputs.io.....")
As signer address take the first line from the signature block.
As signature, take the second line. Click verify. Should work.
That works too, but it's much easier with Inputs Smiley
BigBitz

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 09:22:52 PM

Just a small one.

Code:
2 factor auth has being enabled for your account.

typo Smiley it should be either "has been" or "is being" if there is some sort of back end work required.

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
siliclone

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:48:12 AM

thanks

The attacker would not possess the private key associated with that deposit address.  Only someone with the private key that corresponds to that deposit address would be able to generate that signature with that message.

I'm assuming that an attacker that injects a deposit address would also possess the private key for that address. Therefore, the only discernible asset not possessed would be something found in the message itself. Unless MITM in this scenario has nothing to do with injecting a fraudulent address.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:55:08 AM

The message is signed with another address.
shawshankinmate37927

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:30:55 AM

thanks

I'm assuming that an attacker that injects a deposit address would also possess the private key for that address.

If an attacker injects a fake deposit address, then yes, it only makes sense to that he possesses the private key to that fake address.  However, when you attempt to verify a message that was signed with the private key of the real deposit address, the signature will not match up with the fake deposit address, causing validation to fail.

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford
siliclone

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 05:48:13 PM

thanks

I'm assuming that an attacker that injects a deposit address would also possess the private key for that address.

If an attacker injects a fake deposit address, then yes, it only makes sense to that he possesses the private key to that fake address.  However, when you attempt to verify a message that was signed with the private key of the real deposit address, the signature will not match up with the fake deposit address, causing validation to fail.

I think that was my point. Although I'll admit a certain ignorance when it comes to the soundness of this approach as it appears on the surface. One would think that if an attacker has the ability to inject a deposit address, then he would also have the ability to at the same time inject his own message and signature, which would then be verifiable when checked against the fake address.
The one way I can see around this is if the message contained some information that the attacker does not know, and is unable to intercept, and therefore unable to forge. This approach however, would require the user to know the content and format of the message to ensure it has all the elements and hasn't been tampered with...

I haven't had lunch. I can't think when I'm hungry.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:00:58 PM

The message must be signed from the same address.

If it is not that address, then something went wrong.
sleger

Activity: 167

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:43:54 PM

Hi TF,
What is the procedure to remove the 2fa authentification should the device be lost / stolen / wiped out ?
Thank you
joeyjmr8484

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:47:01 PM

My loan is still pending. Can you approve it?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: