Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:18:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum GPU Mining Optimisations for Pools  (Read 6564 times)
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 07:59:12 PM

about that 121 watt for a 1070 mining eth+sia, how much is the hashrate for both? i don't remember such a low wattage for dual mining

Not overclocked, Windows 7 and not Linux

25.55mhs for each card, total 51.1 mhs

426mhs for each card, total 852mhs

It may be the MSI model, because people are reporting higher ETH mhs with different manufacturer's card, but they may have bigger power draws.

For example, I use to have some 750TIs mining Lyra2re2:

Palit 750TI Storm Dual X used 75watts.

EVGA 750TI FTW used 55watts.

Pretty much the same hashrate on Lyra2re2 algo when I had them!

The EVGA model used 26% less electricity.

So, pick your 1070's out carefully - there can be a big difference in electricity usage between models and between different manufacturers.

no one knows a report to understand better which GPU for dual mining with your miner???
something like this:
MANUFACTURER:MODEL:GB:SINGLE MODE:DUAL MODE:MH/s:WATT

i want to buy 4 GPU... but i do not know what.
no benchmark about gtx 10603GB in dual mining?

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thevictimofuktyranny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 08:37:52 PM

about that 121 watt for a 1070 mining eth+sia, how much is the hashrate for both? i don't remember such a low wattage for dual mining

Not overclocked, Windows 7 and not Linux

25.55mhs for each card, total 51.1 mhs

426mhs for each card, total 852mhs

It may be the MSI model, because people are reporting higher ETH mhs with different manufacturer's card, but they may have bigger power draws.

For example, I use to have some 750TIs mining Lyra2re2:

Palit 750TI Storm Dual X used 75watts.

EVGA 750TI FTW used 55watts.

Pretty much the same hashrate on Lyra2re2 algo when I had them!

The EVGA model used 26% less electricity.

So, pick your 1070's out carefully - there can be a big difference in electricity usage between models and between different manufacturers.

no one knows a report to understand better which GPU for dual mining with your miner???
something like this:
MANUFACTURER:MODEL:GB:SINGLE MODE:DUAL MODE:MH/s:WATT

i want to buy 4 GPU... but i do not know what.
no benchmark about gtx 10603GB in dual mining?

I can't give you any advice on the 1060's - I don't have any and not many people have posted stats on them. It is a very new release.

PM Claymore, to check that he is supporting the 1060's.

I've found GPUs with longer warranties tend to have lower electricity consumption, in order to prolong GPU lifespan.

Remember mining difficulty tends to go up around blockbuster ALTs like ETH - so it can be too time consuming to be worthwhile.

Many times, buying the ALT can be more lucrative then GPU mining it. I have often skipped GPU purchases and bought the Alt with cash.
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 05:07:12 PM

Extra Watts Dual mining is 27%.

R9 290 uses 45watts.

This costs (in UK) £0.10 more each day.
The extra SC (SIA) is worth £0.27 more each

Therefore, not really much reason not to Dual mine, plus there is an extra 2.5 Eth at pool each day.

Is that for one 290 card that you get £0.27 more each card? So the extract earning is £0.17 per card.

That might not worth the dual mining.
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 06:08:40 PM

Extra Watts Dual mining is 27%.

R9 290 uses 45watts.

This costs (in UK) £0.10 more each day.
The extra SC (SIA) is worth £0.27 more each

Therefore, not really much reason not to Dual mine, plus there is an extra 2.5 Eth at pool each day.

Is that for one 290 card that you get £0.27 more each card? So the extract earning is £0.17 per card.

That might not worth the dual mining.

It is marginal, there is no doubt about that. But, a large number of people will mine and keep the SC in new active wallets.

They have a really good wallet and SC looks very promising for the future!

SC difficulty has gone up by 18% - since I originally posted, so daily SC is now worth £0.21 per R9 290.

It is marginally, but of interest as an extra crypto-currency investment to accumulate.

Alehandros

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 06:48:33 PM

I enjoyed this thread, thanks for sharing. Its thought provoking as I'm losing around 10-9% efficiency and always assumed it was down to the pool
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 07:01:31 PM

I enjoyed this thread, thanks for sharing. Its thought provoking as I'm losing around 10-9% efficiency and always assumed it was down to the pool

Yelp, you can get very close to ETH calculator, after deductions for pool fees and Claymore fees

ps_jb

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 08:18:15 PM

But, a large number of people will mine and keep the SC in new active wallets.

Do you mean just keep them here https://sia.tech/apps?

What is the difference from keeping them at Polo?
Alehandros

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 08:34:12 PM

Yelp, you can get very close to ETH calculator, after deductions for pool fees and Claymore fees

guess I'm gimped as I have Intel boards with AMD GPUs :/
NiceHashSupport

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 07:05:35 AM

OP, would you mind doing some tests on NiceHash pool? Thanks!

NiceHash.com - Largest Crypto-Mining Marketplace
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 10:18:48 AM

OP, would you mind doing some tests on NiceHash pool? Thanks!

I did a short 40 minute test when Claymore did the original Nicehash Dagger support over a month ago - everything looked OK, no rejects!

The Nicehash Decred stratum has around 1.9% reject rate, which again is acceptable.

Obviously, a lot of people who do not want to own GPU's (heat and noise reasons) can purchase hashpower at Nicehash at up to 9% discount - varies with the bidding process.

However, you need a really good mining pool, with fast servers and fast Alt coin network to make those tight margins work out.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: