Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:13:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BFGMiner set up **WILL PAY FOR HELP***  (Read 524 times)
BitWhizz16 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 01:25:16 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2016, 12:50:10 PM by BitWhizz16

So iv been trying to set p these 2 LKETC Dragon scrypt miners for about a week now with no luck, i have given up on the built in LKController thing it came with as it just never seems to work, iv got bfgminer up and going on thr computer, logging into the pool fine, but its just not registering my devices Sad after reading hundreds of peoples posts and fixes iv downloaded zadig and done the drievrs, iv tried cg miner 3.1.1 (which is what is built in) and higher ones, iv tried copying peoples code and creating a .bat file in the folder of the drive changing the url user password and com port and im still having no luck Sad

This is the screen i get below, the strange tjhing is i have 2 USB devices plugged in, LiteCoinPool.org recognises i have one, but with zero speed, and BFGMiner doesnt recognise at all Sad
http://imgur.com/a/dV0EN

this is what it says after doin search all and auto, i really dont know what to do as im a n00b and dont understand this, im trying to learn and mine some LTC as a hobby, so any help is appreciated and very much needed!
Sincerely
very stuck noob guy

>*>*>*>*>*>*>WILL PAY £10.00 OF BTC TO WHOEVER HELPS ME GET THESE GOING<*<*<*<*<*<*<*<*<
If you have experience setting these up or even just with crypto mining in general and think you can help me please send me a message, may need to skype or something so i can show you pics while you walk me through it, but yes will pay the person who succeeds Smiley
BitWhizz16 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 05:01:03 PM

Ah really 😪 I'm happy to pay someone, I'm sure it's probably just my settings, or program/driver versions or something  simple, but as it's all jibberish to me I can find out what's wrong Sad
 As said above, I will pay £10 of BitCoin to whoever helps me
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 05:33:41 PM

As far as I know (and it's not much) BFGMiner is SHA256 miner (Bitcoin and similar coins) and not scrypt coins like Litecoin. you should use a litecoin mining program.
BitWhizz16 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 07:00:51 PM

As far as I know (and it's not much) BFGMiner is SHA256 miner (Bitcoin and similar coins) and not scrypt coins like Litecoin. you should use a litecoin mining program.

This may explain why it doesn't recognise my devices 😪 What program do you recommend please? I have CGMiner 3.1.1 but it's modified and called LKCONTROLLER, it came built into the miners, but iv never got anything working from it, can you point to a good location to download a program that will work? Thanks!!
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 07:36:02 PM

cgminer is probably the best program for this, download cgminer 3.7.2 and try to use it with your ASICs.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 04:10:21 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2016, 04:32:50 AM by toptek

no BFGminer is better, to use, because it uses both sha256 and script coins and no bfg is also better because CGminer after 3.9 or something no longer supported any kind of script coins , BFG still supports both and actually keeps any issues updated .only way bfg won't work if it has no support for that miner if it does it will work better then the out dated cgminer 3.7 unless that fork is kept updated someplace Smiley.

Sorry i can't help set up dragon miners, never had one . don't know what settings bfg uses etc .

or try this

https://github.com/wareck/cgminer-lketc

which miner is it the USB version or the 60 MH in box  version that looks like  a A2 inside ?. but it's not . or this

http://titanminer.com/?product=dragon-miner-litecoin-asic-60mhs-scypt-lketc-2

and dragon aka BW claims they put out the first ever ASIC script and Probable only had CGminer support at first .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Mr_Jim_101

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 12:18:21 PM

I had a similar error, i was running a Moonlander2 off a powered USB connected to a Rasbpi (B) LOL! , it just wouldn't see them, i eventually realised it was cos the USB hub was a USB3, which Rasppi cant manage. Easy fix= I connected the hub to a USB 2 lead (non powered) so the hardware throttled the USB3. Works like a dream constant hashing of 4.5-4.6Mh/s.
stolarzz

Activity: 111

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 12:27:52 PM

I had a similar error, i was running a Moonlander2 off a powered USB connected to a Rasbpi (B) LOL! , it just wouldn't see them, i eventually realised it was cos the USB hub was a USB3, which Rasppi cant manage. Easy fix= I connected the hub to a USB 2 lead (non powered) so the hardware throttled the USB3. Works like a dream constant hashing of 4.5-4.6Mh/s.

You forgot to post your BTC adress, should get 10BTC reward Cheesy
kineda

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 01:01:56 PM

BFG requires the Silabs driver https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers

Cgminer requires the Zadig driver.

i had a hell of time trying to get this Block Erupter someone gave me to work. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: