Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:32:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Account farming. Allowed?  (Read 51800 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 03:59:50 AM

It could be easy to offer some BTC to someone such as guys on this topic to go through and clean house.

A show of force may curb the out of control behavior.

Mass account creation and mass garbage posting is not good.
So maybe a new rule is needed?
Additional accounts are permitted if users are being reasonable about it.
Why does a guy need to create 20 at once?
Is there a legit reason for THAT many to be made?

This issue permeates the whole site..
Seen off topic? WOW what a joke!
It is nothing but lobbing softball questions for account farmers to pad their stats with.

If theymos wants this place flooded by world wide scammy douche bags bloating the database to extreme levels then so be it.

As a user here though the price will be mods frustrated and taking it out on all of us and more rules being added.. Why do you think they banned giveaway topics.

If one section is bloating the database it will have to recouped at some point.

There is a flood and if no one wants to plug the hole in the damn then oh well I guess.
Let us drown in a sea of shit.
Although good users will just leave.. Leaving mass farmers here to circle jerk it up.

People do leave this forum because of how it's run and the idiots running rampant.  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2017, 07:45:45 AM

It could be easy to offer some BTC to someone such as guys on this topic to go through and clean house.
I concur.

Mass account creation and mass garbage posting is not good.
Thousands of people got scammed as a direct result of that.

So maybe a new rule is needed?
Additional accounts are permitted if users are being reasonable about it.
Yes.

Why does a guy need to create 20 at once?
Is there a legit reason for THAT many to be made?
I can reasonably argue the need for a maximum of 2 more alt accounts. A number higher than that, I can't explain with anything other than sig. spamming, bounty abuse and whatnot.

If theymos wants this place flooded by world wide scammy douche bags bloating the database to extreme levels then so be it.
This seems to be the case for now. The forum suffered a huge loss with the departure of BadBear. Whilst the addition of Cyrus helped a lot with account recoveries, he can't even remotely make up for the Bear.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 04:05:04 PM

This seems to be the case for now. The forum suffered a huge loss with the departure of BadBear. Whilst the addition of Cyrus helped a lot with account recoveries, he can't even remotely make up for the Bear.

That is the way this forum has been headed for quite sometime. It causes myself and others to lose interest here but it's his forum and his rules.  Lips sealed

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2209

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:17:21 AM

A very simple way to stop the bot registrations would be to introduce the text capture + question and answer when registering and up to a definable number of posts (ie 1, 10, 100 posts)

I've set up a couple of forums (links in my signature) as well I am an administrator on the sexcoinforum.com - all of which use simple machine's forum engine as their base.  If Theymos wants to continue to allow the very false perception that there are over one million people using BitCoins, then we need to make the media aware on our own when that lie is repeated in the media.

*IF* on the other hand Theymos just doesn't know what to do, then he/she should just start a thread admitting s/he can't cope and ask for suggestions from all members, not just the forum administrator's who are propping up this lie.

• 90 day freeze on all new registrations - seriously, there aren't tens of thousands wanting to sign up.
  • Blanket all passwords to be reset via email... then
  • Maximum 24 hour login
  • text capture + question answer for all newbies as well as registration
  • Don't just nuke spam accounts - actually delete them
  • Banned means banned use the IP ban function - that's what it's there for.
  • Must be full member to access forum sections such as the currency converter / loans / signature campaigns etc sections
  • re-introduce the scammer tag
  • There are those of us who are capable of identifying scammers and ban evaders from DT1 downwards and are not afraid to identify them for what they are - scammers - put us to use.
  • A half dozen people on DT one is a little glee club, not an indication of who is really trustworthy here.
  • Ban the sale of UID's, or, Theymos, come clean on what percentage you are getting to turn a blind eye.

Archived for future reference: http://archive.is/MOcQi#selection-1917.0-1999.102

Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:45:25 AM

• A half dozen people on DT one is a little glee club, not an indication of who is really trustworthy here.
LOL.  A very piercing analysis, my friend.  Well stated, all of it; you have great suggestions, but my impression is that Theymos isn't going to modify this forum in any way, shape, or form from the way it is.  I assume that's because he's making too much money from the traffic that the signature campaigns bring in.  This has all been said before ad infinitum.  Getting rid of sig campaigns, as unpopular as that would be, would prune the garbage from this forum like nothing else can.  It would be like a brand new forum.  You think all these garbage topics would get created?  I think not.  Sure, it's a nice way for people to earn some bitcoin, but it's turned this forum into the commode at a Kiss concert.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 03:59:03 AM

Pearls he did though.. There used to be a nooby jail..
I know I was stuck in there for a bit when I registered here.

I concur mostly.
The place is over run and SIG campaigns are a key problem.
Why not just ban them?
Idiots don't need to make pennies with them.. They can get a job at McDonald's.

And freezing account registration is a great idea.

For me it sucks looking in some sections.
How can I use the off topic section when it is abused like that?
The section is rendered unusable.
Does that section even add to your activity here?

I suspect most users claiming their account to was stolen are lying.
I don't think account sales should be allowed.
It is an avenue of scam now.

These scammers and spammers know how to game the system here hard..
And instead of making the NOOB jail time limit longer it was Removed.
I still can't believe they ditched it.

But yeah if theymos needs help to get the ship running right then ask.
A lot of people would be willing to help how ever he wants it.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 16270

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 06:20:30 AM

90 day freeze on all new registrations - seriously, there aren't tens of thousands wanting to sign up.
When I joined this forum, it was to be able to post. I had been reading before. If I would have had to wait 90 days after signup, I wouldn't be here now.

Banned means banned use the IP ban function - that's what it's there for.
Units of Evil are used based on IPs. If a spambot uses many IPs from his ISP, that would mean other users from the same ISP can get a banned IP too. Tor and VPN wouldn't be possible anymore.

re-introduce the scammer tag
I prefer a ban-tag over a scam-tag.

Ban the sale of UID's
It's impossible to enforce that.

I'd like to see changes to the forum too, but not in such a way that it stops legit users from joining.
I would for instance love to see shitposters banned, but it's time-consuming to find them, and a gray area for those who are on the border of being shitposters.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 11:31:18 AM

That is the way this forum has been headed for quite sometime. It causes myself and others to lose interest here but it's his forum and his rules.  Lips sealed
There was a community council or something, which could vote for his removal AFAIK. I have no idea if this exists anymore.

It depends on the individual case IMO. Does DT status make you trustworthy by default? As we've seen in the past, the answer is clearly no.

When I joined this forum, it was to be able to post. I had been reading before. If I would have had to wait 90 days after signup, I wouldn't be here now.
That you can't really know.

re-introduce the scammer tag
I prefer a ban-tag over a scam-tag.
Why not both?

Ban the sale of UID's
It's impossible to enforce that.
That bullshit excuse misses the point. He never claimed that banning sales would stop all sales. Ideally sales would be permanently bannable all involving parties (buyer, seller and escrow if available). This would destroy most of this shady *endeavor*.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:54:51 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2017, 12:17:29 PM by Spoetnik

You have any idea how many flippant snotty NOOBS told me they have been here for many years but never registered?

So bullshit.

Murder is impossible to enforce so should we simply drop the law?
That logics is a cliche here.
That is what people say about scam coins.

I seen that retort defending every aspect of bad behavior here lots.
Pick anything..
Then some idiot says we'll.. It can't be stopped.

Bullshit.

If enough people are seen getting a hard punch in the fucking head..  I can assure you most will think twice.
VS...
Doing literally nothing at all.

Do you even smart?
People who defend bad behavior are bad people.

I can't believe the level of shit that has risen up here on this forum.
Have you all been to another forum before?
I've been in many and run some of my own and moderated in some big ones too and NOTHING like this has ever happened.
This is a retarded shit show from hell.

I was a Mod at cs.rin.ru

I was banned for scratching my ass at Neowin.net more than once.
Here?
WOW.

Let me point out how half the sleazy little pricks here say this is their job.
They say this forum is their business
Many say they have no other income.

Theymos has a sticky warning user's about PayPal charge backs but..
Says nothing about the widely known fact it is a violation of the TOS.
And that when caught PP will seize your account and take your money..
And... Launch one hell of a nasty hellish investigation (mine was about 2.5 mo's long)
.... Leaving all the user trading in the market section ripped off.
These guys told me they know.. And they have been caught but simply create a new forum account and a new PP account them continue on... Even if the previous account ripped off users after funds were seized.
The market section has a large dedicated user base involved in fraud.
We have known since 2012.
When it happened to me in late 2013...
I Google searched my PP email and I ended up seeing a guy with the same exact email POSTED HERE from PP in 2012.

This is now nothing but a scam industry..
Not a forum.

To be honest it's such a shit hole of greedy penny pinching shady scumbags I could care less if I was banned.

The place is effectively usable in many sections and at best iratating.

I did not sign up here to start a shady shit small business by account farming etc.
I joined because this was a forum on crypto currencies.

So you tell me who is the forum for now a days?

Fix it.. Or suffer the consequences.
It's bad enough as it is.
How much worse do you want it to get?
How many older legit users leavenuntil you care?
As long as they are replaced by shady Altcoin sleaze balls throwing money around then who cares?
Take your pick.. Scammy NOOBS or crypto currency SUPPORTERS.

This is not my job.
I did not sign up to start a business out of my forum account here.
So who is theymos backing up.. Us or THEM?

Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:15:50 PM

Guys it's fine. Everything will be fixed on the new forum in 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018. Smiley Keep calm and HODL on.

Ideally sales would be permanently bannable all involving parties (buyer, seller and escrow if available). This would destroy most of this shady *endeavor*.

IMO, buyer and seller get perma-banned, IP banned and as Spoetnik put it so delicately:

a hard punch in the fucking head..

The escrow should get 1 warning (30 day ban?) to never touch this shady crap ever again, then if they circumvent that they also get the same treatment.

So bullshit.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 12:27:35 PM

You have any idea how many flippant snotty NOOBS told me they have been here for many years but never registered?
Indeed.

Murder is impossible to enforce so should we simply drop the law?
That's the current policy on account sales, among other things.

IMO, buyer and seller get perma-banned, IP banned and as Spoetnik put it so delicately:

a hard punch in the fucking head..
Along with all their accounts; I concur.

The escrow should get 1 warning (30 day ban?) to never touch this shady crap ever again, then if they circumvent that they also get the same treatment.
Why? They are perfectly aware of what they're doing and should be aware of the forum rules. I know a few individuals that are willing to escrow that crap.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:55:55 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2017, 08:35:53 PM by Spoetnik

When I started here there was no such thing as an ICO.. Or a. SIG campaign.
I also was stuck in the nooby jail section.

Things have changed drastically

And the lack of a show of force makes it look like theymos approves of it all.

There is a variety of problems ongoing that seem to grow larger..
And all I know is I vote "punch in the fucking head" ahahahah
Oh yeah I forgot.. And account banning etc too LOL

It's a forum for fuck sakes not a business.
Or is it?
If theymos let's everyone else monetize this place then it's fair to speculate he is getting a slice of the pie above the donation money
Which I was told in 2013 was over a million dollars back when BTC was sub $50.

In other words it seems like he likes it this way.
I'd be curious what his thoughts are on some of these common complaints..

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:52:03 AM

Somebody must be getting close to a major expose - Theymos has restricted the number of topics that can be searched to just five at a time.

Doubtful it could be anything other than they have something to hide.

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:10:53 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2023, 12:18:02 AM by Timelord2067

[quote author=Timelord2067 link=topic=1597201.msg20038809#msg20038809 date=1499647923]
Somebody must be getting close to a major expose - Theymos has restricted the number of topics that can be searched to just five at a time.

[/quote]

Seeing as it's been ten to twelve hours and no-one's come up with any other explanation, how about one for the tin-foil hat brigade:

Theymos has done a "deal" with the FBI (or similar Govt agency) to "allow" them to take control of BCT so that the FBI can investigate all the scammers - by giving them an unfettered playground to fester in, then when the FBI has the information they need to start prosecutions, the whole gaping wound will be shut down.

Then again, there's these:

https://talkimg.com/images/2023/05/17/blob6a3c05b8d237ce18.jpeg

https://talkimg.com/images/2023/05/17/blob6cbb177a21a6f324.jpeg

https://talkimg.com/images/2023/05/17/blob5e89155c473d76b0.jpeg which speak volumes for how distorted from reality this forum has become.

As always, archived for future reference: http://archive.is/tdB0N#selection-5593.0-5629.42

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 12:10:30 AM

...and overnight the Trust system has been further eroded with the removal of a person's trust scores inside the actual trust wall - further clouding who can be trusted and who's entries hold weight or not.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 01:25:55 AM

Trust profiles were not loading for users with a long list..
Lots of noobs in crypto last few months and all services are getting overloaded because of it.

I also recall staff or theymos himself maybe saying to use Google instead.. long ago.
Because it is faster and gives better results. (or some shit like that)
I think there was mention too it can be a server load burden.

So as much as i am all for a theymos conspiracy theory i think he is just trying to lower the server load.
Don't believe me ?
See my topic called did theymos hack Cryptsy ?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1664935.0
The POLL results were surprisingly close too  Shocked

sinner

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:12:29 AM

so i've turned off signatures and ignore people more frequently now.. ya, account farming is a problem.

i wish bitcointalk had a subforum or subsection of boards that required either a payment or a stake.  though i doubt that will ever happen.  Sad
hilariousandco
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 2582

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:26:44 AM

so i've turned off signatures and ignore people more frequently now.. ya, account farming is a problem.

i wish bitcointalk had a subforum or subsection of boards that required either a payment or a stake.  though i doubt that will ever happen.  Sad

I have suggested something like this before. Either as a perk included in more donator ranks, or a board where signatures and possibly posts do not count towards post count and activity. Sig spammers and account farmers would likely then leave it alone unless they actually had something worthwhile and constructive to say.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
karmakeddon

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:13:06 PM

Been reading this thread and I do agree on having a section where it either is pay to access or a section that sig spammers do not get paid to post in. If and when that happens, users and i mean real users would find meaningful conversation in there.

But then again, I'm just a lowly scrub and my opinion does not matter most of the time.

THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED & PLAYER-OWNED CASINO
.EARNBET..EARN BITCOIN: DIVIDENDS
FOR-LIFETIME & MUCH MORE.
. BET WITH: BTCETHEOSLTCBCHWAXXRPBNB
.JOIN US: GITLABTWITTERTELEGRAM
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1424

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:25:06 AM

@rizzlarolla. Do you want to start looking for farmed accounts again? They are starting to invade the signature campaigns and they sometimes get accepted by some managers who might be unaware.

Please check this account and the rest that are connected to it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=120945

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: