Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:37:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The anonymous double speak  (Read 1158 times)
Sir Alpha_goy (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 01:36:58 AM

Can someone please explain to me how two "anonymous" coins almost exclusively controlled at one exchange are actually anonymous?

Can they explain to me and others how this law abiding exchange tracks traders trading history?

Can they explain to me the Bitcoin withdrawal limit protocol followed at this exchange?

Can they tell me how (unless you are faking your identification) this doesn't track exactly who you are?

Thanks.

Shocked 
BigSirko

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 01:41:32 AM

Can someone please explain to me how two "anonymous" coins almost exclusively controlled at one exchange are actually anonymous?

+1

Never mind Poloniex is in the United States.  There seems to be credible evidence the anonymity coins were designed from the bottom up for DNM and other criminal activity, more so than dollar bills and Bitcoin.  What happens if the US authorities lean on Poloniex?  Then the anonymity coins lose 90%+ of their volume.  Worse case scenario, the authorities could go after Poloniex (see Charlie Shrem style) for enabling dark net markets and criminal activity.

I hope Poloniex is reading this post.  They don't know the legal quagmire landmine they've stepped into.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 04:16:48 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2016, 06:54:24 AM by Spoetnik

Agreed i have been saying this for a while and the best answer i have gotten is..
Smooth said well, you don't HAVE to use one of the exchanges to get the coins.
This of course still do NOT invalidate the gaping hole in security with the ANON coin(s) concept.

They were broken by design from day one.. as i have said for a year to deaf ears.

Or maybe not ?
Maybe that is why the big 2 are really not too popular aside from "traders' (profiteers)
If they did offer e REAL "working" solution i would have guessed they would have
ended up far more popular a year or two ago.. but they have not.

Don't expect much from the community here for a discussion.
There is nothing here but idiots and paid shills and lurkers who can't be bothered contributing to crypto.
They think hiding in silence is "being a part" of the scene.
It's not.
You need to engage in the discussion(s) and help form what this is and where it's going etc.
Sitting in the corner quietly for years means your opinions do not count.

Anytime i have brought up a great topic with an interesting subject.
It almost always gets 0 replies.

Although my old topic [FACT] Anon coins will never work ! was popular  Cheesy

Don't forget people the user base is usually pretty young here..
And the only place that needs any type of verification is the exchanges ROFL
You can come here with virtually no coding experience then make a coin etc etc..
THEN run around here shooting your mouth off as an "Elite Crypto Pundit"

For example i am no one and have no *related* real life experience..
But i am here now so i KNOW THINGS !!!111ONE
..makes me think of all kinds of users here.

Don't forget you are all entrusting your money and safety / security etc on random blow-hard's on the web.
What credentials does "Butters" have for example ?
Need another ?
Ever heard of a guy named Mullick ?
He was the "Wallet guy" at Cryptsy.. Nuff said  Cheesy

...mid-2013 he told me he had no previous experience what so ever even looking* at c/c++ code
a year later he lied and said that he NEVER did say that and i KNOW he did !
He was denying it then ..because he was NOW the guy who's job it was to manage the wallets at Cryptsy and review code etc.. yup... the same guy who SHOULD have caught the "Lucky 7 coin" hack bullshit !

Yup the same guy who HAD PREVIOUSLY updated compiled code etc to Github on HIS own coin and on others such as TIX / AKA: Tickets
Which i was tipped off was him "tracked" 100% iron clad uploading TIX binaries to Github
as he ran around the scene playing dumb about it.

LOL

You all have no clue how deceitful YOUNG and inept this moronic bullshit is beneath the surface !

You just assume there is some "genius" wearing a three-piece suit with a life time of relevant experience behind the helm, when all it is .....is another pimple faced cocky little shit making scam coins for Bucks $$$
Wanna fund "Butters" acne cream ?  Cheesy

Go hard profiteers.. let me know how that works out for ya.
And YOU WILL Wink
All i have to do is wait..
I waited on GOX and then said, I TOLD YOU SO !
I waited on Cryptsy and then said, I TOLD YOU SO !

The chearleading GULLIBLE dipshits in crypto are your "Leaders"
Follow them like lemmings off the cliff for all i care.

Or check out the link i just gave you all..
What you will see is the perspective on "ANON coins" from someone who is a cracker.
Who knows REAL hackers.. and how hackers work.
I was patching PHP SQL injection vulnerabilities before Mullick even HAD a computer
..get it ?

But hey... listen to whom ever you all want.

FUD first & ask questions later™
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 04:54:49 AM

I agree. I mean we strive for anonimity and decentralization yet people love centralized exchanges.

Personally, I have never given my real name to any exchange and always treat them as a risk because that's what they are; a single point of failure.

This is why I mostly use Bittrex but they are also coming around and will start requiring user verifications (https://bittrex.com/News) at which point I'll stop using them, or only use them with amounts I don't mind risking.

Not your keys, not your coins!
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 05:12:41 AM

+1

Never mind Poloniex is in the United States.  There seems to be credible evidence the anonymity coins were designed from the bottom up for DNM and other criminal activity, more so than dollar bills and Bitcoin.  What happens if the US authorities lean on Poloniex?  Then the anonymity coins lose 90%+ of their volume.  Worse case scenario, the authorities could go after Poloniex (see Charlie Shrem style) for enabling dark net markets and criminal activity.

I hope Poloniex is reading this post.  They don't know the legal quagmire landmine they've stepped into.

Yes or maybe Poloniex should create and develop a Tor hidden exchange and slowly transfer all XMR trading there. They can also make all the trading pairs' base currency to XMR instead of bitcoin.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 06:04:59 AM

Can they explain to me and others how this law abiding exchange tracks traders trading history?

Can they explain to me the Bitcoin withdrawal limit protocol followed at this exchange?

Can they tell me how (unless you are faking your identification) this doesn't track exactly who you are?

Thanks.

Shocked 

Because centralized exchanges are an aberration if you look for anonymity.   That's like using Tor to post on your facebook account.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 06:14:45 AM

If you buy from Poloniex and send immediately to Alphabay, you are doing it wrong.

After buying from Poloniex the next step should be sending it to a wallet you created on a trusted computer (or better yet, offline).

My guess is people who care about privacy are using xmr.to or shapeshift for their initial buy and then using a wallet they secured themselves.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 07:02:18 AM

I agree. I mean we strive for anonimity and decentralization yet people love centralized exchanges.

Personally, I have never given my real name to any exchange and always treat them as a risk because that's what they are; a single point of failure.

This is why I mostly use Bittrex but they are also coming around and will start requiring user verifications (https://bittrex.com/News) at which point I'll stop using them, or only use them with amounts I don't mind risking.

I agree and it's a principles thing.
I appreciate what they did early on but..
We needed to move forward and years later all we have is a long list of failures.

The desire to move away from that centralized system (or centralized coins = ALL ICO's)
..just isn't there.

WHY ? PROFIT.

The majority are in control and the majority come here and say "fuck crypto shit"
..i just want to make money.

So.. they WILL derail the scene and fuck it up !

People don't want ANON / Decentralization etc.. they just "say" they do.
Big difference LOL
Like APP's/DAPP's/Smart-Contracts ..they say we "NEED" them but no one actually does.

FUD first & ask questions later™
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 10:46:07 AM

Thanks.

Shocked  

you have to mix them. and the mixing feature is included in there coins. buy, withdraw and then use them.

an other problem is buying them with btc....
DarkLurker

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 02:44:31 PM

Thanks.

Shocked  

you have to mix them. and the mixing feature is included in there coins. buy, withdraw and then use them.

an other problem is buying them with btc....

I'm not sure how it helps by mixing your coins with terrorists or whoever.

Coins like Shadow and Monero seem to be far superior by using cryptographic proofs to secure their transactions.
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 04:09:12 PM

Thanks.

Shocked  

and why would these affect the coin anonimity? if you are sending directly is your mistake... not poloniex.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: