Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:11:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: please what the the top 10 best place to mine Bitcoin/altcoin ?  (Read 2146 times)
niceman4you (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 05:55:53 PM

For a newbie intending to go into mining,please suggest the  top 10 best place to mine Bitcoin/altcoin  for high profitability,security etc. Please suggestion should be based on experience.

Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 09:11:24 PM

Are you talking physical places, or pools, or what?
Your question is very ambiguous.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
mwizard

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 09:13:23 PM

Anywhere electricity is under about 5 cents per kWh.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 10:04:48 PM

I think sweden or canada has low electricity per kwh i think almost $0.09 cents or $0.08.
But for some other miners out there they are using solar right now so that the mining is more profitable than paying your electricity bill..
If you are here in my country just like here in my place right we have free electricity but always brownout its not stable power but its free.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Recoon

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 03:14:40 PM

not in turkey certainly. world most expensive electricity here...
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 09:58:24 PM

Well, as mentioned in several OTHER threads, for the USA the best electric rates are in Central Washington due to large amounts of hydropower available and fairly low "local" populations, allowing the county-based PUDs that own several of the Columbia river dams to subsidise local rates at somewhat below their actual cost of production 'cause they sells the large quantities of excess off to outside areas for quite a bit more.

But be warned, that subsidy might not continue forever.

https://www.chelanpud.org/about-us/media-room/news/2016/07/19/pud-board-approves-new-rate-for-high-density-load-customers

Plus side - this has no effect on a typical "small" farm - the "shop" space I'm in right now doesn't have enough electric service AVAILABLE to achieve that 250 KWH/year usage factor, though I could get to about 140 if I maxed out the existing service.

Do note that Chelan county has a lot more population than the other 2 area counties with lots of local hydropower, which is undoubtedly a factor in WHY they were the first county to take "official" notice of this issue.
 The large majority of major Cryptocoin mining operations in the USA appear to be based out of Chelan county, or nearby Douglass and Grant counties.

Canada electric costs VARY with the location, from what I've seen out of a lot of comments. Some areas with cheap hydropower, others rather high.

Solar power is very expensive due to (1) COST of the actual solar panals (2) need to either grid-tie or have LARGE battery banks to compensate for the sun not providing ANY power at night and very little on highly cloudy days. The OPERATING costs tend to be low, but the amount you have to invest up front make it VERY costly, though that cost has dropped quite a bit over the last few decades.

SAME type of issue with wind power - the wind does NOT blow consistantly and regularly on a year-round basis, so you have to make some sort of arrangement to handle when it's NOT blowing - it's just not as CONSISTANT about when you are getting no power out of a wind generator.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 10:43:18 PM

The original poster's question was far too vague and you're all responding thinking he was talking about what physical location which I doubt - it was more a "how do I make money using services" question I believe. Please stop responding unless he comes back to clarify what the question was otherwise I'll just lock the thread.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: