Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:56:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMC] Monero Classic - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 13935 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Dave Wilkinson (OP)

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:54:48 AM

So, Are you planning to Fork the blockchain and give all XMR owners free XMC in relation to their XMR holdings just like they did with ETC?

no, all coins will be distributed through the crowdfund, no snapshot of the monero chain will be taken.

There's no sense in making the rich, richer.

We have received positive results from quite a number of the top DNM vendors across AlphaBay and Dream marketplace, who give full support to this project and will be joining the new marketplace which only accepts Monero Classic.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:10:59 AM

Ok, you got me interested!  What percentage of coins will be in the hands of devs?

Dave Wilkinson (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:21:07 AM

Ok, you got me interested!  What percentage of coins will be in the hands of devs?

0%

There will be no premine and a ledger of distributed bitcoin sales will be posted publicly on the main site and also a link in the ANN.

Crowdfund is for ongoing maintenance and active development.
mashcom

Activity: 189

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:42:13 AM

0.45 btc buy it now, just send me a pm Wink.
greenuser

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:50:05 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2016, 09:48:11 AM by greenuser

So, Are you planning to Fork the blockchain and give all XMR owners free XMC in relation to their XMR holdings just like they did with ETC?
We have received positive results from quite a number of the top DNM vendors across AlphaBay and Dream marketplace, who give full support to this project and will be joining the new marketplace which only accepts Monero Classic.

Any firm offers?
These people are spoilt for choice when it comes to a new crypto over BTC and will need their palms greasing.  They are not going to risk their system without insurance.

Also, I am yet to understand how currency speculation will pan out with AlphaBay and Dream market users.

These people need a coin to be stable in price.  We all know how new coins can swing +/-30% in price from day to day thanks to pumps and dumps.

If i had a gram-a-day smack habit, (which i don't), I'm not sure i would be too happy (or well) with the currency fluctuations that are involved in the early days of making a coin successful.  Moreover: It takes time to gain trust.

Also, AlphaBay and Dream Market vendors have to put-up coin to the platform/market and to the owners to be able to sell their product.  What happens if the coin has some bad times and loses value.  Big incentive for vendors to welsh on deals with their customers if they are only to lose a plummeting retainer and know they will soon be back under a different username once stability kicks back in.

I haven't got my head around the Mathematical/Social ecological validity of it all yet.  However, I am watching both XMR & XMC very very closely.

I just have a nagging feeling that one of these XMR or XMC coins is a government honey trap.  However, I may have a play with this for a while.  
I like an "outsider"  Wink  This maybe the one that is not the FEDs

In Addition : I do my "DD" well and always keep an ear to the ground, i like to read stuff, Market vendors are one thing.  Are the people that run the current Markets on side?  They don't like people having too much influence in their market, ask @pathfinder about that one.

M.minor

Activity: 534

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:37:25 AM

Any firm offers?
These people are spoilt for choice when it comes to a new crypto over BTC and will need their palms greasing.  They are not going to risk their system without insurance.

Also, I am yet to understand how currency speculation will pan out with AlphaBay and Dream market users.

These people need a coin to be stable in price.  We all know how new coins can swing +/-30% in price from day to day thanks to pumps and dumps.

If i had a gram-a-day smack habit, (which i don't), I'm not sure i would be too happy (or well) with the currency fluctuations that are involved in the early days of making a coin successful.  Moreover: It takes time to gain trust.

Also, AlphaBay and Dream Market vendors have to put-up coin to the platform/market and to the owners to be able to sell their product.  What happens if the coin has some bad times and loses value.  Big incentive for vendors to welsh on deals with their customers if they are only to lose a plummeting retainer and know they will soon be back under a different username once stability kicks back in.

I haven't got my head around the Mathematical/Social ecological validity of it all yet.  However, I am watching both XMR & XMC very very closely.

I just have a nagging feeling that one of these XMR or XMC coins is a government honey trap.  However, I may have a play with this for a while.  

In Addition : I do my "DD" well and always keep an ear to the ground, i like to read stuff, Market vendors are one thing.  Are the people that run the current Markets on side?  They don't like people having too much influence in their market, ask @pathfinder about that one.

Hi DEV, when the appearance of my charges Orders # 66
Dave Wilkinson (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 11:48:16 AM

Any firm offers?

Hi DEV, when the appearance of my charges Orders # 66

Hi there, please PM me with your details.

Crowdfund going excellent so far, with 28% complete in under 24hours.
greenuser

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 11:59:40 AM

When can we start mining XMC?

Dave Wilkinson (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 12:07:09 PM

When can we start mining XMC?

On wallet release  Cool There will be an announcement.
M.minor

Activity: 534

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 12:47:37 PM

good luck, more news) I think it will be interesting
baggle

Activity: 240

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 12:56:13 PM

share us some code dev  Cheesy

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 01:33:18 PM

share us some code dev  Cheesy

LOL just clone Monero git and you have the code. without his premine.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Dave Wilkinson (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 01:49:32 PM

There is no premine.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 01:57:12 PM

There is no premine.

I guess you don't know what a premine is. W00t what a DEV!

a total of 12,769,305 XMC will  be available in a 7 day crowdsale, you may participate with the link below. Approx ~100btc will be raised. Wallets will be available upon crowdsale completion. A total of 12,769,305 XMC will be available during this period.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Dave Wilkinson (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:01:06 PM

There is no premine.

a total of 12,769,305 XMC will  be available in a 7 day crowdsale, you may participate with the link below. Approx ~100btc will be raised. Wallets will be available upon crowdsale completion. A total of 12,769,305 XMC will be available during this period.

Let me correct that, there is no premine for the developer, there will however be a set premined amount for distribution.

12,769,305 XMC

only ~9,000,000 of which is left in the crowdsale.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:12:27 PM

There is no premine.

Let me correct that, there is no premine for the developer, there will however be a set premined amount for distribution.

12,769,305 XMC

only ~9,000,000 of which is left in the crowdsale.

Please state your professional credentials that make you capable of providing support for this code base.

shadabahmed

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:02:52 PM

if there is a bounty for translation
 i will do hindi (INDIAN) translation
just pm me or quote me

Am I spamming? Report me!
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:06:44 PM

There is nothing "classic" about XMC....it isn't even the original monero.

Probably just an attempt to ride on the coat tails of XMR recent price rise.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

geotom

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:29:11 PM

So what did the original Monero do for a classic to be needed? Also etc had exchange support from the start, does this?

When someone still sporting a RISE signiture is asking these questions, you know your ICO scam is a bit too obvious...
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 11:34:57 PM

This is futile attempt to hold the train... keep dreaming of cheap moneros!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: