Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:25:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Return of Satoshi  (Read 2424 times)
krishna1

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 05:11:47 PM

It will be the best day if satoshi retuns but that is not possible and if he really does then also i do not think he will say that he is satoshi he will be anonymous and developera are growing day by day we will make it

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lombard

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

★Nitrogensports.eu★

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 05:26:06 PM

the satoshi will never return because it would make the price go down as people would think he will sell his bitcoins

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:01:40 PM

The current problems result through a missing consensus. Times have changed since Satoshi left the project. There are so many lobby groups in the meanwhile which have their self-interests. For that reason, there would not be a big impact if he would really return. It would be enough when he just releases his opinion to the current discussions.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:11:16 PM

With Bitcoin facing pending problems of scaling and malleability, developers are facing issues as whether to soft or hard fork Bitcoin. Are Bitcoins issues solveable by the current developers and community or must we pray for the founding father to return and help us as the only hope?
It's doubtful that he's going to come back in some great show of strength or whatever, and chances are we're just going to have to figure it out on our own. I don't know why you'd assume that he'd come and fix everything for us when we have the tools to sort it out ourselves. The only issue we have right now is getting people to not be retarded and figuring out some solution.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:15:04 PM

I think satoshi is out there he is just watching to us what is happening here in our forum he can not use the main account because i think he forgot because its a long time ago.. I think they are still developing bitcoin thats why bitcoin still alive as of now .
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:20:15 PM

You need to honestly think of the type of person that created Bitcoin, and why they did it.  
They wanted an anonymous, decentralized monetary system.
They know enough about computers and cryptography to do serious programming. (So they have a way to make money already.)

This is not the type of person who did this to become famous, or get rich.
(Well maybe they realized they could make some money but definitely not to become famous.)

Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:26:21 PM

You need to honestly think of the type of person that created Bitcoin, and why they did it. 
They wanted an anonymous, decentralized monetary system.
They know enough about computers and cryptography to do serious programming. (So they have a way to make money already.)

This is not the type of person who did this to become famous, or get rich.
They did this because it needed to be done.

plus a lot changed since he is gone. i do not know i he could help that much. it would just add another opinion. his opinion would surely have some weight, bur i do not know if he would be able to make the best choices. many would most likely try to influence him or use him for other reasons. i think it would bring more problems that help.   

mobilestrike

Activity: 907
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:30:58 PM

He will be more expert in any issue regarding bitcoin and crypto world, we really want hm to come back and support bitcoin, with that it will be more famous all over the world and will be more advanced in technology.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:34:10 PM

Bitcoin is better without satoshi around.  if he was still working on bitcoin it would become all about him.  and to be honest with all the great things satoshi came up with it wasnt perfect early bitcoin was full of bugs and i think there is some really superior people working in bitcoin today.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:42:34 PM

I thought that satoshi is here but this is just a thread developers are still active as of now and i think that issue will be resolve..
This following year before block halving again..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
drwtsn32

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 05:23:39 AM

Bitcoin has been very fine ever since he's gone.
I don't think we need Satoshi to solve these problems.
I believe there are already some contributors who understands the bitcoin very well even beyond what Satoshi has reached.
All these years we depended on them, so let's just go on with that.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 06:48:30 AM

With Bitcoin facing pending problems of scaling and malleability, developers are facing issues as whether to soft or hard fork Bitcoin. Are Bitcoins issues solveable by the current developers and community or must we pray for the founding father to return and help us as the only hope?

He left a good thing to us. Let us just figure it out rather than looking for him again to just fix this things that maybe he did know would happen also.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 06:48:41 AM

and what do you think satoshi should do? I think you are mistaking satoshi with god or a godlike figure Smiley

yes satoshi was the one who created bitcoin and is brilliant enough to come up with this complicated code and technology called blockchain but if we give satoshi's opinion more value than the rest of developers and also other people using bitcoin then we are centralizing bitcoin with our own hands.

Only Bitcoin
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 07:34:34 AM

and what do you think satoshi should do? I think you are mistaking satoshi with god or a godlike figure Smiley

yes satoshi was the one who created bitcoin and is brilliant enough to come up with this complicated code and technology called blockchain but if we give satoshi's opinion more value than the rest of developers and also other people using bitcoin then we are centralizing bitcoin with our own hands

As I already said, the return of Satoshi could only make existing disagreements stronger. On the other hand, the Bitcoin blockchain itself is the ultimate example of centralization. There is only one authentic instance of it existing at any given moment, and it seems quite natural and well justified...

So it might not hurt to have a central figure who would serve as an impartial arbiter in disputes or arguments within the community

davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 07:39:03 AM

There`s no need for Satoshi to return.

All the issues around bitcoin can be solved by the community and the developers.

We aren`t that desperate to pray for Satoshi to return.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 09:20:07 AM

I don't think it matters even if Satoshi returns to the forum or not. What is done is done. His identity is lost and no one actually knows who he/she is in real life. I guess it was just a part of the anonymity that bitcoin provides its users with. I believe the bitcoin environment can develop even without the founder's help and it should not be very difficult for others to follow.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 09:33:57 AM

I don't think it matters even if Satoshi returns to the forum or not. What is done is done

I'd rather say what's lost is lost. If someone loses his influence, there is no way back in most cases. But that's not what Satoshi himself seems to be looking for (provided he is still alive and doesn't rot in one of the secret prisons operated by the CIA). Remember where one of the Bitcoin lead developers went right about time Satoshi disappeared?

As cardinal Richelieu aptly noted, treason is only a matter of dates

Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 01:24:43 PM

Satoshi is creator of idea behind bitcoin actually idea of blockchain network. And we don't need him to come back to solve the current problems like scability and block size as there are enough devs behind who can do this easily, but as bitcoin is controlled by community so it require majority of community decision to do anything.

If there is confusion and ego on the board,it is high time the creator present himself to sort these kind of issues, People do get selfish with the role they got considering they are the early adopters,that does not even mean you dont need the creator to indulge in the further developments.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 09:12:21 AM

There are too many risks for him to ever reveal himself. He created this currency and vanished, leaving the project (probably) unfinished. There are altcoins that are getting updated and Bitcoin never did - it's like this since the release of it. But it was well thought so it could rise in time. It's used by criminals and the FBI, NSA and CIA are trying to control it but it doesn't always work. Revealing yourself as being the creator of a currency that's said to be used for criminal activity isn't a good idea, trust me.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2017, 09:38:11 AM

There are too many risks for him to ever reveal himself. He created this currency and vanished, leaving the project (probably) unfinished. There are altcoins that are getting updated and Bitcoin never did - it's like this since the release of it. But it was well thought so it could rise in time. It's used by criminals and the FBI, NSA and CIA are trying to control it but it doesn't always work. Revealing yourself as being the creator of a currency that's said to be used for criminal activity isn't a good idea, trust me.

So drug designers, gun inventors, game developers and their kind should always be hiding too?

I guess the mentioned types have wreaked more damage overall than Satoshi could ever do. After all, Bitcoin doesn't kill anyone nor does it turn them into drug or game addicts (there might be Bitcoin addicts, of course, as with almost anything). Though I know the message, with Bitcoin he threatened the very foundation of government itself, he delivered probably a devastating blow to one of its pillars, i.e. state money known as fiat. But Bitcoin still doesn't do any harm itself, so the authorities will have hard time explaining if they go after him or try to criminalize him

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: