Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:44:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This project is over.  (Read 2149 times)
TheCoinCouncil

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 07:02:35 PM

Well said Lauda. We will create unwittingly a monolithic monopoly over the collectors and there is nothing they can do about it. I respect this forum and users a great deal and do not want any part of copyright infringement, copying designs or unregistered legal identities. The OP talks about gold it was probably fake gold. With no registered company how would you know? A lesson to be learned indeed and probably a very harsh one for the OP. I hope he has some time to reflect that you can not mess around with the users of this community and we are not stupid. The winners write the history and he was a loser. Bad luck.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 10:56:54 PM

Was it ever revealed who was reviewing the coins before public release?

Unoriginality is not the way to go.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bitenvy

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 04:53:15 AM

Go Bulls!   Grin 
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1072

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 07:46:22 AM

Dang, that was really fast to close the project. 

I was hoping this would turn into something but I see the concerns about the designs now that the issues were raised.

TheCryptoMint (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 03:31:16 PM

You baited me back with this and I attached the original artwork 'flipped' just to show its nothing like it. As for the whole concept sure I got inspired from bitcoinarchitecture but this is a coin which has been made for people as a more interesting way to invest in bitcoin. His was a work of art. So how I stole anything is completely beyond me. I even offered to give the person involved a free coin so he can see how art can turn into a coin and to say thank you for the inspiration.

Anyhow we have decided to clear up the 'bulls' head issue. This has been wiped off everything and replaced by something incredible. Actually this is even better. What we have replaced it with is also copyrighted and we have permission to use it for a fee.

Thank you tremendously for all the haters anyway I do appreciate it. There will be a few people ignored during sales and I am sure you know who you are. There are certain ways to speak to people whether in life or online which are considered disrespectful and all those who fell into that category will unfortunately will be ignored.

smoothie I feel like giving you a free coin for baiting me back to this. We were simply going to carry on with the new design which is going to be even more grand but because of you this coin is back on the menu. Time wise both coins will be released 1st or 2nd week in November. Only a few will be sold on this forum as we have buyers willing to buy already and also want to attempt to target different markets in order to bring more appreciation to bitcoin.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I wont answer any more questions until coin sales have started.
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 03:51:07 PM

Thank you tremendously for all the haters anyway I do appreciate it. There will be a few people ignored during sales and I am sure you know who you are. There are certain ways to speak to people whether in life or online which are considered disrespectful and all those who fell into that category will unfortunately will be ignored.

Gotta say CryptoMint... You are an ass.

That's all. Good luck with your sales.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1968

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 03:53:20 PM

So I guess I won't be getting a coin then?  nice way to show community support.

LOL... Yeah this is a great way to sell coins, indeed.  Good luck with that, cryptomint!  Roll Eyes

Edit - Plus what zepher says

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 04:19:26 PM

Many people on this forum were trying to help you, to avoid legal issues. 

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 05:02:55 PM

You baited me back with this and I attached the original artwork 'flipped' just to show its nothing like it. As for the whole concept sure I got inspired from bitcoinarchitecture but this is a coin which has been made for people as a more interesting way to invest in bitcoin. His was a work of art. So how I stole anything is completely beyond me. I even offered to give the person involved a free coin so he can see how art can turn into a coin and to say thank you for the inspiration.

Anyhow we have decided to clear up the 'bulls' head issue. This has been wiped off everything and replaced by something incredible. Actually this is even better. What we have replaced it with is also copyrighted and we have permission to use it for a fee.

smoothie I feel like giving you a free coin for baiting me back to this. We were simply going to carry on with the new design which is going to be even more grand but because of you this coin is back on the menu. Time wise both coins will be released 1st or 2nd week in November. Only a few will be sold on this forum as we have buyers willing to buy already and also want to attempt to target different markets in order to bring more appreciation to bitcoin.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I wont answer any more questions until coin sales have started.

To be clear I was talking about the usage of the Chicago Bulls logo which from what I gather is a direct copy of the original art. Am I mistaken on this presumption?

Also I don't believe giving constructive criticism is "hating". Then again I can only speak for myself and what I have said thus far.

Speaking from my own experience in making coins, I've always tried to keep to originality. All my art is custom art (with the exception of the simplistic LTC logo I used on my LTC coins which was open to community usage).

I know you said the artwork is not like BitcoinArchitecture's but is it a copy of the STIFEL image you posted?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

TommyBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Interested in the Power of Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 08:11:12 PM

Wasn't it minerjones who pointed out the Chicago Bulls reference?  You gotta give him a free coin as well, right?

I know you don't want to read more criticism, but you may want to change your art even more, because, as smoothie pointed out, it looks too much like the Stifel statue. 

You don't want Stifel coming after you, especially after you've sold and delivered the product.  Sorry to say, but I would start the drawing from scratch, just to be on the safe side.  The concept of a bull and a bear fighting is a good one...just don't make the design such a duplicate of an earlier piece of artwork that people are challenging you on a public forum.

The feedback saved you a LOT of money.  Imagine if you found yourself in a lawsuit with the Bulls or STIFEL if you had not heeded the advice from posters on the thread you started.  You are lucky to have a community where you can get honest feedback...one without bias.

I look forward to seeing your end product and I wish you success.  You have gotten farther than I have in minting a coin  Cheesy

*********BUY OR SELL YOUR BITCOIN TO A TRUSTED TRADER********
***I want to buy and sell you bitcoins***(eight )-(eight)-4 85-TOMMY
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1192

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 06:33:59 AM

Gotta say CryptoMint... You are an ass.

That's all. Good luck with your sales.

This. You aren't fit to run a business and why anyone would trust you with their money is beyond me - this is another Coinographic in the making.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bitcoinarchitecture

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 08:46:28 AM

I have to agree with opinions on the forum.

Everyone here is trying to prevent you from big law suits, you should be happy with such honesty.

Bull vs Bear is not a new concept, but the design must be original.

I sculpt all my artpieces from scratch.

As said the design it is a copy of the Stifel statue.

Cut your losses, learn from this experience, start from scratch and create a new coin, the actual mint of the coin looks great.

One more advise, don't call your potential customers haters for being honest, it's bad for business.

Good luck, if you need some design help let me know!  Smiley

defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 09:11:50 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2016, 09:28:15 AM by defcon23

there's something i dont really understand , concerning chicago bulls logo ...  after few quick researchs,  it seem a bit obscur , about the copyright & or creative commons licence registration on this artwork..    the strange part is:  "aparently" there's no official registration from chicago bulls, and google seems perturbated too on this point....

any explainations ?

edit: this seem confirmed too..  http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/hledej.php?x=0&y=0&hleda=chicago+bull
TheCryptoMint (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 01:02:21 PM

I have to agree with opinions on the forum.

Everyone here is trying to prevent you from big law suits, you should be happy with such honesty.

Bull vs Bear is not a new concept, but the design must be original.

I sculpt all my artpieces from scratch.

As said the design it is a copy of the Stifel statue.

Cut your losses, learn from this experience, start from scratch and create a new coin, the actual mint of the coin looks great.

One more advise, don't call your potential customers haters for being honest, it's bad for business.

Good luck, if you need some design help let me know!  Smiley

Hi there just because the bull and the bear are in similar positions it inst actually trying to reproduce the sculpture in the slightest so it is not in breach of any coyright laws this I am absolutely sure of.

Haters I termed the people who have since removed comments and I tried to speak with privately so as to not make public my leaked designs. One however did take action which I appreciate.

But now I have an influx of abuse which is interesting to say the least. I am very sure none of you would say this to me in person so I shouldn't really take it as Defamation should I? Its just people angry at me for some reason.

To be clear I was talking about the usage of the Chicago Bulls logo which from what I gather is a direct copy of the original art. Am I mistaken on this presumption?

Also I don't believe giving constructive criticism is "hating". Then again I can only speak for myself and what I have said thus far.

Speaking from my own experience in making coins, I've always tried to keep to originality. All my art is custom art (with the exception of the simplistic LTC logo I used on my LTC coins which was open to community usage).

I know you said the artwork is not like BitcoinArchitecture's but is it a copy of the STIFEL image you posted?

Your first coin the litecoin I have seen and is a great design and concept with out a doubt. But if you compare side to side then some elements of the design were similar to other coins on the market at the time. I really don't see how it could be considered more original to what I have produced (apart from the mishap with the Chicago Bulls - this was completely an oversight and fail on my side personally - however not just myself gave it the all clear). The coin is fully original and within any law of copyright infringement. I am in no way trying to replicate the sculpture in the slightest and that is obvious. A sculpture is a sculpture and this is and embossed coin from a sketch that has animals in a similar position. You cant claim copyright infringement unless I was trying replicate it. Look at the paintings for sale which have the Eiffel tower here http://fineartamerica.com/art/paintings/eiffel+tower for an example. I have been involved in artwork my whole life I do know these things.

there's something i dont really understand , concerning chicago bulls logo ...  after few quick researchs,  it seem a bit obscur , about the copyright & or creative commons licence registration on this artwork..    the strange part is:  "aparently" there's no official registration from chicago bulls, and google seems perturbated too on this point....

any explainations ?

edit: this seem confirmed too..  http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/hledej.php?x=0&y=0&hleda=chicago+bull

Thank you for this it is indeed interesting and I will have to investigate further to see how they worked their way around using part of the logo which we did.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: