Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:57:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to have a serious discussion about BFL  (Read 4037 times)
battmann (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

I am a student of programming and design.

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 08:57:13 PM

I bought some of their ASIC's a few months ago, and now it seems like it might be one big scam.

I want the facts, I want the skeptics points of view, the supporters points of view, fuck even the morons points of view. Everything.

Should we be trying to get refunds on our purchases? What are you thoughts?

Oh, and to boot, I made this shirt and bought it; so if you like it you can buy it too ^.^

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 09:01:41 PM

I told they are scam many months ago. Few persons believed.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 09:07:50 PM

And there's an advertisement for BFL right there Grin  Funny.

I didn't invest, and I don't plan on it, not with all the negativity floating around.  Sorry to those who did--they're having to put up with delays and insults.

mccoyspace

Activity: 237
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 10:22:18 PM

They did deliver a FPGA machine, after a short delay. I have a single unit that has been chugging along without trouble. I've paid for the upgrade, so we'll see if that arrives. I didn't have the money for an Avalon. It's interesting that they were able to pull a worki g design together relatively quickly. The fact that there is such a big size and power difference between the Avalon and the BFL unit suggests that BFL's was an ambitious design. That obviously is proving to be a challenge.
I'm still hopeful.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4447

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 10:38:01 PM

They did deliver a FPGA machine, after a short delay. I have a single unit that has been chugging along without trouble. I've paid for the upgrade, so we'll see if that arrives. I didn't have the money for an Avalon. It's interesting that they were able to pull a worki g design together relatively quickly. The fact that there is such a big size and power difference between the Avalon and the BFL unit suggests that BFL's was an ambitious design. That obviously is proving to be a challenge.
I'm still hopeful.

the FPGA is not really hard work to achieve.

look at Ztex.de.. its all there for anyone to do. and has been available since before BFL even became a corporation paying their $50 to buy the brand name...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40047.0 (august 29th 2011)

so its not like BFL ever done much research, just development costs mostly.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 10:51:43 PM

I've been trying to get a refund off them for months - do I actually have to sign up to their POS forum to get those dickpistols to pay attention to me?
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 10:59:40 PM

i requested a refund for my one unit on Sunday via Paypal and got it confirmed on Monday.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 11:07:42 PM

Read my signature.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Tamerz

Activity: 148
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 11:18:41 PM

I have a FPGA single so the ASIC was "only" about $700 down which I put on a credit card. For me, waiting is really the best option. I can't get an ASIC for anywhere near $700 and if BFL folds, I can always do a charge back, especially since I have never done one before.

For me, it is wait and hope for the best.
Logik

Activity: 315
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 11:37:33 PM

But.. but.. you didn't hear the latest gospel. There's, um, something coming up!

(10hrs ago)BFL_Nasser (Shoutbox) -  We have something special coming up.  Stay tuned...

(19 hrs ago) Things are going well, I should have a pretty big update tomorrow. I got some stuff now, but I will release it all at once when I have everything together and all the answers people seek.

From https://twitter.com/BFL_News

Maybe they have found the order form for the assembly benches for the testing rig tester, at which point they can bump the testing rig tester tester wafers, so it 4-6 weeks they may have a testing rig for the ICs they haven't tested yet.. [/sarc]

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 11:54:35 PM

My 7 BFL FPGA singles. Have paid for themselves...  took a while for them to show up and they didn't have to wait for the chips to be invented...

I understand the delays, regret not buying just one Avalon but accept my decisions & continue to be on the edge of my seat for my fun payday that I'm still confident will happen...

If you ordered before October, feel free to get a refund.  If you ordered after that, I don't care what you do for now (will be ordering more with freshly mined coins).

At this point, I won't sell a pre-order for less than $10k, but feel free to PM me if you're interested.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 12:23:12 AM

I want the facts, I want the skeptics points of view, the supporters points of view, fuck even the morons points of view. Everything.

Oh, and to boot, I made this shirt and bought it; so if you like it you can buy it too ^.^
LOL clever. Start a thread begging people to start a flame war about BFL, the deadest horse on BCT, and advertise your new shirt, just like THIS THREAD, and THIS ONE.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 12:36:20 AM

The bfl haters have been here since the beginning and wont stop, even if bfl delivers tomorrow, theyll be yelling "You Lied, You Lied, the stats arent what you promised!"  Now if you honestly believe that they give a shit if people lose money to a scam, thats your business.  I ordered expecting them to be late, i ordered early and Im patiently waiting.  If i lose my money, thats my risk and nobody fucken business.  Im not going to start countless useless threads demonizing a company.  Who do i trust more?  These guys yelling scam or bfl.  Bfl all the way!  If these guys who are yelling scam, start signing their posts with their actual name, then maybe they would have credibility.
Frankie Delaney

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 12:44:15 AM

LOL clever. Start a thread begging people to start a flame war about BFL, the deadest horse on BCT, and advertise your new shirt, just like THIS THREAD, and THIS ONE.

He's a "student of design" and yet he stole his clipart from the first page of google image search.

https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&gs_rn=7&gs_ri=psy-ab&tok=W0pPfG8wG9e_cHyR06fu-Q&cp=9&gs_id=3n&xhr=t&q=praying+hands&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.44442042,d.cGE&biw=1752&bih=1395&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&authuser=0&ei=z-NUUfXuIKmajAL8xoHACQ#q=praying%20hands&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&authuser=0&tbm=isch&tbs=simg%3ACAQSEgnXdGPXaCkNWiHquyGEa-Rq9Q&ei=H-RUUYCFDef0iQLurICIAg&ved=0CAYQhxw&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.44442042,d.cGE&fp=9527ce37689b313c&biw=1752&bih=1395

What a piece of shit. BOIL HIM IN OIL!
battmann (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 01:00:04 AM

He's a "student of design" and yet he stole his clipart from the first page of google image search.

https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&gs_rn=7&gs_ri=psy-ab&tok=W0pPfG8wG9e_cHyR06fu-Q&cp=9&gs_id=3n&xhr=t&q=praying+hands&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.44442042,d.cGE&biw=1752&bih=1395&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&authuser=0&ei=z-NUUfXuIKmajAL8xoHACQ#q=praying%20hands&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&authuser=0&tbm=isch&tbs=simg%3ACAQSEgnXdGPXaCkNWiHquyGEa-Rq9Q&ei=H-RUUYCFDef0iQLurICIAg&ved=0CAYQhxw&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.44442042,d.cGE&fp=9527ce37689b313c&biw=1752&bih=1395

LOL the clipart was readily available on that T-Shirt site, and I only get $2 commission on each one. I just thought that they were kinda clever and enjoyable and decided to open a "store" and share.

Bash me all you want but I run the daily TwitterGames on getfreebitcoin.com and give away about $1-$2 a day to the newbies. I am such a piece of shit! (I actually am in real life, but I believe in BTC which is why I try to spread the love. It's just about the only thing that truly believe are worth anything in at this point in life. Well that and the MST3K/Rifftrax guys.

Oh, and before you bring up my site; so far I have made $13 on ad clicks (pays for hosting someday, I hope. I want to get off that shitty 'instant' page bs that godaddy offers where you can't even edit the html), and the coinurl bitcoin made goes directly into the TwitterGames/raffles/the peerbet bot 'batman' (btw the trigger phrase is "GadzooksBatman!" and it gives away free satoshi to the peerbetpeeps.

But, yeah, I suck I know. Tongue
battmann (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 01:02:07 AM

ProTip - go here: http://goo.gl/ it will make you look like less of an ass when you post a URL the size of muh dick nukka!
bbulker

Activity: 124

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 01:08:04 AM

1. Buy as many BFL as you can.
2. Say it's a scam all over the forum.
3. Make people scared to buy, more hashing power for yourself.
4. Huh
5. Profit.

Sorry for outing your methods. (You know who you are.)
battmann (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 01:15:51 AM

4. Huh
5. Profit.

I've been discovered  Shocked
bbulker

Activity: 124

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 01:40:43 AM

4. Huh
5. Profit.

I've been discovered  Shocked

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 02:36:04 AM

OP, if I had any money with BFL, I would request a refund IMMEDIATELY and buy BITCOINS.

BFL is full of shit.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: