Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:19:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin help poor countries?  (Read 73772 times)
coinfast

Activity: 508
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 03:35:06 PM

Why not, Over the governments in poor countries would provide learning about what it bitcoin, I believe it can bank the unbanked. small traders in poor countries can easily accept bitcoin if it becomes more mainstream and easier to use for most people.
OrangeII

Activity: 2086
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 04:15:16 PM

Why not, Over the governments in poor countries would provide learning about what it bitcoin, I believe it can bank the unbanked. small traders in poor countries can easily accept bitcoin if it becomes more mainstream and easier to use for most people.
I believe by using bitcoin, we could easily make a bad situation better, even we can improve a poor country by changing the pattern of community life. Well, I feel it can be done. by introducing bitcoin to the people, they can develop bitcoin based on their hobbies, ranging from business, trade, investment and much more, so when people have improved, perhaps so the country can change direction over bath

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 04:47:24 PM

I don't think it can help poor countries. Bitcoin requires an electronic device using electricity then you need the internet to make use of it. If the country does not have this, then there would be no point using Bitcoins.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 05:11:37 PM

I really want to know how it will help because right from where I am standing I don't see any relevance it will make because the basic foundation on which Bitcoin rest is in no know standing as help to poor country. Is it a country that is battling with Internally Generated Revenue that we want to introduce Bitcoin to that will still make more money out of government control or the aspect of security that they are battling with in which they can even ascribe Bitcoin to be helping in financing this? I really want to know.
berserkinterbuy

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 05:49:05 PM

I really want to know how it will help because right from where I am standing I don't see any relevance it will make because the basic foundation on which Bitcoin rest is in no know standing as help to poor country. Is it a country that is battling with Internally Generated Revenue that we want to introduce Bitcoin to that will still make more money out of government control or the aspect of security that they are battling with in which they can even ascribe Bitcoin to be helping in financing this? I really want to know.
If the state and make the step to bitcoin, only to have this benefit and profit from users. And who lived in the country as a beggar, and will live still.
PlanetOfBets

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 05:52:30 PM

Until now, people from mostly the poorer and developing countries were not part of the global community when it comes to places like e-bay or amazon, because almighty Paypal won't let them, but bitcoin have leveled the play ground and anyone with some coins can stop by to shop.

Until eBay or Amazon actually accept payment in Bitcoin, people are still limited.

Right now your only option would be to get a BTC credit card from a company like Bitpay or Xapo
https://cointelegraph.com/news/6-cards-battle-for-bitcoin-supremacy-bitcoin-debit-card-comparison-test
and use that to shop on Amazon.
Which means you are still incurring additional fees and being forced to use a third-party service.

Thats IF you can even find a way to convert local fiat currency to Bitcoin.
We need easier ways to convert fiat and more ways to actually spend BTC if the market is going to grow and make online shopping more accessible to people who can't use a service like paypal.

Bitcoin's usage area is increasing day by day. I donated to a site about animal rights last week.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 05:54:21 PM

I don't think it can help poor countries. Bitcoin requires an electronic device using electricity then you need the internet to make use of it. If the country does not have this, then there would be no point using Bitcoins.
in present time i think there will be not a single country where electricity will not be present, in present time earning livelihood is difficult, but use of electronic appliance is easy, so i think in present time every one must have access to internet and computer, therefore bitcoin can really help poor countries.
rajasumi3

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 05:57:57 PM

no it cant to solve the problems of the poor people ..bitcoins are earned through hard work not by mere  entertainment ..well if u really wanna help poor country .then setup a big bitcoin mining industry and in which it should run on renewable energy then only u can run it on profit and help little bit of the poor people ..kuddos Smiley
Herbet Fry

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

●Social Crypto Trading●

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2016, 06:13:43 PM

I dont think so but maybe it can of the country has one place for the workers to get cash for their bitcoin.  Like a communal payment station. If they can afford a cellphone otherwise use a paper wallet .

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 06:45:20 PM

well if u really wanna help poor country .then setup a big bitcoin mining industry and in which it should run on renewable energy then only u can run it on profit and help little bit of the poor people ..kuddos Smiley

Ok, let's assume I am looking for a cheap electricity location where I can set up my mining farm. I hire 2 or 3 people to monitor the day to day operations for a low amount, and then I am ready to go. Can you tell me how this will help a poor country? It may help some individuals to earn a few bucks, but that's really it. Investors interested in setting up a mining farm do it for their own financial gain. They don't care about what's happening in poor countries.
d-trixx

Activity: 185

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 06:47:03 PM

I dont think so but maybe it can of the country has one place for the workers to get cash for their bitcoin.  Like a communal payment station. If they can afford a cellphone otherwise use a paper wallet .
My country will not say that the poor. But people are without income. I do not know how the situation can save bitcoin, but still I am convinced that despite the absence of an official statement of the central bank on the recognition of bitcoin currency, banks still accept bitcoin and carry out monetary transactions.
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 07:06:07 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency. So the poor or average people does not have the possibility to know for the digital era so well, because it requires computer knowledge and internet connection things. These things are minor when you consider that a large percentage of many people in these countries are at risk of poverty and their first concern is the day by day survival.
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1330
Merit: 288

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 07:22:18 PM

I think Bitcoin can help the poor if they are aware enough of it. Bitcoins were made to break the chains of centeralized banking system in the world(building decenteralized banking system and trustless organizations where you become your own bank), If enough people were to use Bitcoin as their money, it could help them to escape the burdens of national banking system where Corruption and Manipulation exist. "Poor people won't use Bitcoin because it's better money, they will use it because it is money".
Knowing that you can work for it or earn it through faucets on the Internet, put it directly into your wallet and then spend it as money is the real motivation for the poor. Other than that I don't think it will help the country as a whole unless the government changes itself and its decisions(and by government I really mean banks because I think Banks control the Government not the opposite).

P.S.:As I'm from a developing country, I can say that corruption in Banks is limitless and using Bitcoin relieved me from a lot of burdens. Here are some Examples about this corruption:
 1-Bankers treat you like shit as if you were to borrow from their personal money!
 2-You can wait up to 8 hours in an endless line just to withdraw a small amount of money(that's IF the banker accepted your  request in the first place, you can wait all that time to end up empty handed).
 3-Someone could just break the line and get his withdraw because he knows influential person within the bank.
 4-Besides normal taxes on withdraws they take an amount of money ''for the love of your country''(an example: If you hold 19,750$, they will take the 750$ as an expression of love!)
 5- The limits on money withdrawal that you cannot pass.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1330
Merit: 288

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 07:58:27 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency. So the poor or average people does not have the possibility to know for the digital era so well, because it requires computer knowledge and internet connection things. These things are minor when you consider that a large percentage of many people in these countries are at risk of poverty and their first concern is the day by day survival.
I know of poor people who don't have enough money to afford buying internet connection but they work around it with "Cybers" or getting an internet access from WiFi network and paying around 3$/month. But the starving poor people, i don't think they even have money to afford eating!. Computer Knowledge is not an issue as the youth always acquire it during the time spent on the internet and they always have the co-operation to teach others(older people who got zero knowledge).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
asuryan180

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 08:54:49 PM

BTC can help poor countries because it can offer some sort of stability while bansk can crash the economy,BTC is somekind of fresh air in that sense and can offer something which doesn't have any competition.What BTC also can offer is the ability to help the economy recover and provide a unique way to escape the banking system and all that comes with it really,so it definitely can help

one-day0

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 09:57:51 PM

BTC can help poor countries because it can offer some sort of stability while bansk can crash the economy,BTC is somekind of fresh air in that sense and can offer something which doesn't have any competition.What BTC also can offer is the ability to help the economy recover and provide a unique way to escape the banking system and all that comes with it really,so it definitely can help
It is possible to save the people if you destroy the banking system and what they do with the people. But not the state. It is the state rests on the banks, and fully supports them. So there is a stick with two ends. What strikes is not clear.
prabowo96 (OP)

Activity: 238

it's showtime

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 08:02:53 AM

It is possible to save the people if you destroy the banking system and what they do with the people. But not the state. It is the state rests on the banks, and fully supports them. So there is a stick with two ends. What strikes is not clear.

I don't know if bitcoin can go fully against banks, we can see a thread in this section talking about "bitcoin banks" and we can see a lot of people saying that is a good way... So bitcoin is useless at this point, people need education before, an good work with good wage...

Bitcoin alone can't do much...

drwtsn32

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 08:17:42 AM

Yeah so whenever we want to help poor countries, we must give them not in the form of money but in something that is already consumable or usable.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 11:13:46 AM

Yeah so whenever we want to help poor countries, we must give them not in the form of money but in something that is already consumable or usable.
or how about knowledge, so they can learn and produce these thing for themselves. how about we do not compete so hard that they can have a fight chance. we just need to stop exploiting them.   

Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 02:49:39 PM

I don't know if bitcoin can go fully against banks, we can see a thread in this section talking about "bitcoin banks" and we can see a lot of people saying that is a good way... So bitcoin is useless at this point, people need education before, an good work with good wage...

Bitcoin alone can't do much...
Those people does wanna their bitcoins to generate interest, the same way fiat banks does provide, thats the general interest at such project. Bitcoin can help some people getting an extra source of income, with that those people which leaves into those poor countries can change their life, improving, even knowing that bitcoin wont make them rich, but can make a huge diference.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: