Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:48:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191687 times)
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 01:37:39 PM

Stuff is happening on our Slack!

Here I have picked some parts of the discussion we had today

audo
we created this picture to explain the whole thing, as people are confused about SuperNET, Komodo, and Iguana:

- SuperNET is the organization behind the technology
- SuperNET platform is the low level platform we are developing
- SuperNET framework refers to the development layer which is built on top of the  platform
- Iguana is the main application we are working on, and it will initially contain  -  - multiwallet and EasyDEX.
- Komodo is the infrastructure coin the SuperNET platform uses
- SuperNET technology refers to everything our organization is developing

Iguana and Komodo can be both thought to be a Platform and a Framework. To simplify the terminology we are going to call the platform part 'SuperNET Platform' and the programming part 'SuperNET Framework'

grewalsatinder
In layman’s terms consider Iguana a programmable layer on top of a infrastructure coin, Komodo.

In technical terms, consider Iguana and Komodo both Platform and a Framework.

Compare it with .NET framework

It’ll have like 80%-90% of crypto currency related code which developers can user and make further 10%-20% of their own innovative code base to make new sort of application

You can also compare Iguana + Komodo TWO kernels of and Operating System, if speaking in more nerd terms

It’s like the BASE of the OS, on top of which you can make any kind of Applications.

InstantDEX is proxyless token trading, where Ardor and NXT like systems are Proxy tokens trading.

jl777
Ardor uses intermediate tokens and everything uses ardor as the master chain

with komodo everything is its own chain and is not subject to arbitrary changes in the master chain. there is no bottleneck chain that all other chains must rely on

also pax is the first fully decentralized fiat equivalents, without any need for a trusted party

audo
read this post and the links, there are tons of info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.msg17489021#msg17489021

the blog post by jl777 showcases how this has definitely not been a simple fork https://komodoplatform.com/development-history-from-a-testnet-to-mainnet/

jl777 (listing things built on top of Zcash fork)
dPoW, fully decentralized fiat equivalents with pax, command line spawnable assetchains, DEX, lite node support for 44 currencies, zero footprint 5% APR, round robin mining, probably more. If this doesnt seem like anything, then please let me know what you consider something

audo

We have created 32 Zcash forks that are pegged to local currencies. I think there's no other coin that would both be stable and anonymous.

To get the "Zcash" EUR coin you will have to get KMD first, and the KMD is locked inside PAX. If PAX becomes a success KMD will have more demand and less supply. I think that should make the KMD price go higher

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 02:14:35 PM

Join our Slack and be on top of everything - here's a snapshot of today's discussion.

super55

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 02:36:52 PM

Stuff is happening on our Slack!

Here I have picked some parts of the discussion we had today

audo
we created this picture to explain the whole thing, as people are confused about SuperNET, Komodo, and Iguana:

- SuperNET is the organization behind the technology
- SuperNET platform is the low level platform we are developing
- SuperNET framework refers to the development layer which is built on top of the  platform
- Iguana is the main application we are working on, and it will initially contain  -  - multiwallet and EasyDEX.
- Komodo is the infrastructure coin the SuperNET platform uses
- SuperNET technology refers to everything our organization is developing

Iguana and Komodo can be both thought to be a Platform and a Framework. To simplify the terminology we are going to call the platform part 'SuperNET Platform' and the programming part 'SuperNET Framework'

grewalsatinder
In layman’s terms consider Iguana a programmable layer on top of a infrastructure coin, Komodo.

In technical terms, consider Iguana and Komodo both Platform and a Framework.

Compare it with .NET framework

It’ll have like 80%-90% of crypto currency related code which developers can user and make further 10%-20% of their own innovative code base to make new sort of application

You can also compare Iguana + Komodo TWO kernels of and Operating System, if speaking in more nerd terms

It’s like the BASE of the OS, on top of which you can make any kind of Applications.

InstantDEX is proxyless token trading, where Ardor and NXT like systems are Proxy tokens trading.

jl777
Ardor uses intermediate tokens and everything uses ardor as the master chain

with komodo everything is its own chain and is not subject to arbitrary changes in the master chain. there is no bottleneck chain that all other chains must rely on

also pax is the first fully decentralized fiat equivalents, without any need for a trusted party

audo
read this post and the links, there are tons of info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.msg17489021#msg17489021

the blog post by jl777 showcases how this has definitely not been a simple fork https://komodoplatform.com/development-history-from-a-testnet-to-mainnet/

jl777 (listing things built on top of Zcash fork)
dPoW, fully decentralized fiat equivalents with pax, command line spawnable assetchains, DEX, lite node support for 44 currencies, zero footprint 5% APR, round robin mining, probably more. If this doesnt seem like anything, then please let me know what you consider something

audo

We have created 32 Zcash forks that are pegged to local currencies. I think there's no other coin that would both be stable and anonymous.

To get the "Zcash" EUR coin you will have to get KMD first, and the KMD is locked inside PAX. If PAX becomes a success KMD will have more demand and less supply. I think that should make the KMD price go higher

I'm really excited with all the great Apps we are building on top of our Platform, this is great  Cool
Hope we can do more and more Non-Stop promotions outside this forum, like publishing Press Release on all Top Crypto News Sites and doing promotion at Crypto/Blockchain Conference....this will attract more new users to our Platform  Smiley

We just need more exposure, because many people outside this forum still don't know our great Apps yet (Iguana-multiwallet, InstantDE & PAX)

By the way, good jobs to all our Devs Team...you guys are doing a very great jobs  Smiley

milonite

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 03:07:45 PM

Request that KMD be added to Poloniex here:   https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

done
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 04:47:02 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2017, 05:02:39 PM by yassin54

Tutorial: How to vote for a Notary Node candidate.

Karasugoi

Activity: 113
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 08:18:19 PM

With voting set to start in less than 19 hours,  I want to encourage all future holders of KMD to vote.

There are a lot of choices in the North America region and I would appreciate if you would consider my candidacy.

Here is why I believe I can best support our network:

I would be a great Komodo notary because of my dedication to supporting the health of our network, and due to the fact I am running an active single komodo notary node in testnet.

I am very impressed with the power of komodo as it stands right now and want to help it reach its full potential.  So I am determined to play a continuous active role in it, and be there to keep the notary network running smoothly 24/7.

I am currently serving all of the notary nodes as a seed node.  This helps by providing a reference node for the komodo blockchain.  I will take this responsibility seriously and feel honored to be trusted to play this role.  I am also tasked with monitoring the health of all of our notary nodes.  I check out the mining stats for all of our nodes and report back with any nodes that are down or not operating as expected.  I hope to be able to continue to serve in this capacity and enjoy ensuring the health of our network.

I also hold BTCD and you can bet I will make sure it succeeds in its transition to KMD.   You can trust me to do my best moving us forward.  I also pledge to hold the mined komodo for the first year, at least for all 2017.  If we are growing all the way into 2018, I will pledge to continue to hold, for the strength of our network and to keep my notary business.

I also stress that I am only running one single node and I believe this is better for the health of our network.  This brings diversity and allows for more operators.  I also ask for a low subsidy (35%)  to allow for more operators. Unfortunately there wasn’t enough BTC brought in during the ICO to fully support all nodes.  In fact, notaries demanding greater than 50% subsidy are demonstrating they don’t believe in having a full complement of 64 notaries.  Let’s give Komodo the best network with 64 nodes.  We need operators around the clock and I (live in North America) will be awake while a majority of our operators (Europe based) are resting.

I have been participating in the testnet since early October and have been keeping my node up to date and reporting errors.    I have also mined other cryptos like monero and have helped out with Hyper crypto when it first came out.  If you hang out in the slack channel you will probably see me around, feel free to ask me more and please vote for me.

| S U P E R N E T 's BarterDEX | DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE |
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 10:41:05 PM

I am trying to send "superBTCD" from https://wallet.mynxt.info I used the BTCD SWAP address and I got an error message.

Incorrect "recipient"

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,
iHaveNoClue

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 10:49:50 PM

Is there a consolidated listed of all the candidates with their proposals?
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 10:52:36 PM

I am trying to send "superBTCD" from https://wallet.mynxt.info I used the BTCD SWAP address and I got an error message.

Incorrect "recipient"

Thanks,

That should work. Can you get a screenshot or something?

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 10:53:19 PM

https://www.komodoelection.com/candidates/

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 10:58:23 PM

As we near voting i guess i need to through out a pitch to everyone. I dont have anything fancy to put up so all

I am looking to be elected in all 4 regions. I have been part of SuperNET since the start. I have also been in BTCD a long time and was probably the second or third person on the KMD testnet.

I run my own hardware in SH and have been running and assisting others to run their nodes.

So vote for Pondsea https://www.komodoelection.com/candidates/pondsea/

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 11:24:03 PM

If voting was done after exchange listing, it could have brought more diversed voters in coin holders.
Anyway I think signature participants will not chance to vote as distribution is after 31st
stenkross

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 11:25:19 PM

The election is right around the corner and it's time to let you know why you should vote for me in the EU region:

• I'm reliable - My testnet node has been up and running for more than 3 months already and history shows that I usually update my node immediately when there's an update available and never missed a ratification.
  • I'm cheap - My low subsidy will allow for maximum number of nodes (16) in the EU region! Voting for me means larger number of nodes can get elected, which is great for the overall health of the network!
  • I've been doing this before - I have many years of previous linux hosting experience for other cryptos and related projects.
  • I don't over do it - I only run one node in one region, which is good for decentralization (if you care about such things).
  • I'm committed - SuperNet share hodler and hangaround for two years.
  • I'm tough - I live in northern part of Sweden, fighting polarbears is a part of my daily routine, should be worth something...

I go by the handle NxtSwe

Links:
My public profile: https://www.komodoelection.com/candidates/nxtswe/
How to vote guide: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.msg17500072#msg17500072

Feel free to ask me questions, publicly or through PM if you want to know more!

Thank you for your time!
iHaveNoClue

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 01:30:10 AM

https://www.komodoelection.com/candidates/

Thank you
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2017, 02:28:42 AM

Incorrect "recipient"

Thanks,

You could download SuperNET Lite wallet (version 3.0) and use it. http://www.supernet.org/download.php

If voting was done after exchange listing, it could have brought more diversed voters in coin holders.
Anyway I think signature participants will not chance to vote as distribution is after 31st

We want to get stable notary nodes up & running before we distribute the KMD coins, thus we have elections and after that the KMD distribution.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
xrobesx

Activity: 335

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 02:44:23 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2017, 01:23:47 AM by xrobesx

Hey everyone, I am xrobesx, and I'm running to be a Notary Node in North America.

I would make a good Notary Node because:

I've been operating a TestNet node for months now. I have mined over 3500 KMD, and my node has been participating in bitcoin notarization transactions.

Somewhere around 600 notarizations. You can verify this yourself: http://blockr.io/address/info/1C8c66yipm2vwxJAZCKpi3BJKdV4EaCNGL

I have experience with linux servers and hosting different coins. More than just setting it up, I can properly manage, update, and monitor the nodes activity.

I also have been a SuperNET/BTCD follower and investor for many years now. I have an interest in seeing the entire SuperNET and Komodo ecosystem thrive.

For this reason, I have set my subsidy at 50%, to allow the Komodo project to keep more BTC for marketing and development.

Additionally I'm only running one node because I'd rather see more decentralization, than people operating multiple nodes.

Please vote for xrobesx!

https://www.komodoelection.com/candidates/xrobesx/

NASdaq

Activity: 301

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 04:24:19 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2017, 04:54:36 AM by NASdaq

I'm having trouble setting up 2FA on the ICO site. Using chrome on windows 10 and google authenticator on my android tablet. I scan the barcode, the app registers KomodoPlatformICO, but every time I enter the code I get 'wrong token' ... any ideas?

edit: is the 2FA setup on my komodo ICO account, or my email?

edit: getting same with Firefox, 'wrong token'
PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 05:03:44 AM

I'm having trouble setting up 2FA on the ICO site. Using chrome on windows 10 and google authenticator on my android tablet. I scan the barcode, the app registers KomodoPlatformICO, but every time I enter the code I get 'wrong token' ... any ideas?

Make sure the time on your phone is correct.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

NASdaq

Activity: 301

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 05:27:07 AM

Make sure the time on your phone is correct.

I synced time, but still getting 'wrong token' ... maybe it doesn't work on my samsung tablet,
jwiz168

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 06:48:49 AM

So we are having election of Notory node hosts. Candidates should now present their advantages over the others for him/her to be chosen. I see quite a few who presented themselves.
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: