Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:55:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 [851] 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191689 times)
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 04:39:24 AM

dPoW is a hybrid version of proof of stake where KMD investors get to decide who runs NN

No.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 07:09:01 AM

dPoW is a hybrid version of proof of stake where KMD investors get to decide who runs NN

No.

KMD investors decide who runs 64 notaries, so saying dPoW is a HYBRID VERSION of PoS is valid IMO

1 VOTE = 1 KMD
kjadB

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 07:15:37 AM

Unfortunately, a lot of smaller investors won't bother voting at all,

What was the turn out last year?
kjadB

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 07:17:49 AM

No.

semantics
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 12:01:44 PM

No.

KMD investors decide who runs 64 notaries, so saying dPoW is a HYBRID VERSION of PoS is valid IMO

1 VOTE = 1 KMD

No, you aren't directly generating blocks. Nothing about your existing UTXOs influences block generation. Of the NN's you elect, they are still mining POW as well. It's a poor statement and only serves to cause confusion about KMD from people doing their DD.
Big Naturals

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 12:14:10 PM

No.

1 VOTE = 1 KMD

No, you aren't directly generating blocks. Nothing about your existing UTXOs influences block generation. Of the NN's you elect, they are still mining POW as well. It's a poor statement and only serves to cause confusion about KMD from people doing their DD.

Ok, give a definition of dPoW without mentioning how the notaries are selected then, is that how you propose to rid people of confusion?

You must be a troll, anyone doing DD who doesn't appreciate 64 NN are elected based on 1KMD = 1 VOTE would call komodo a scam shitcoin,

"proof of jl777's buddies in discord"
ptytrader

Activity: 466
Merit: 253

Imagine a world without banks.......

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2019, 03:55:04 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2019, 04:06:03 AM by ptytrader

ChainZilla Notary Manifesto 2019
CLICK BELOW

|

▄
              █
             ▐█
            ▄██
 █▌          ▐█
 ██       █████
 ▐██▌      ████
  █████    ████
▐██████▌   ████
  ██████▌ █████
  █████████████
   ████████████
  ▐████████████
   ▐███████████
   ▐███████████
    ███████████
      █████████
       ████████
         ██████
           ▀███
             ▀▀

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀

in

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

BTC

█▌
█▌          ▐█
█████       ██
████      ▐██▌
████    █████
████   ▐██████▌
█████ ▐██████
█████████████
████████████
████████████▌
███████████▌
███████████▌
███████████
█████████
████████
██████
███▀
▀▀
coinling

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 09:46:46 PM

Where can i find any news on the Supernet UNITY token/fund ? It used to have an extra site but now it just forwards me to komodoplatform.

Better question for yourself is where have you been? If you still have the NXT asset and not the Komodo asset then you might want to join the discord and hope that you aren't too late to make the switch over. They swapped assets over almost 2 years ago. If you mean news for the SuperNET Komodo asset then please go to the Discord anyway for more information. I believe it is setup as a sort of dividend system where if the wallet reaches a certain threshold then divs are paid out to holders. It is based off of the fees from the DEX if I am not mistaken.

thanks , i meant the supernet komodo asset. did the switch already. but still the site went offline and hard to find any information. Back then you could at least see the assets which the supernet fund holds.
The Dex fees would be new for example.

Would be great to see a roadmap and vision of Supernet.

Graham Ade

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 10:57:55 PM

No.

1 VOTE = 1 KMD

Ok, give a definition of dPoW without mentioning how the notaries are selected then, is that how you propose to rid people of confusion?

You must be a troll, anyone doing DD who doesn't appreciate 64 NN are elected based on 1KMD = 1 VOTE would call komodo a scam shitcoin,

the marketing of dPoW should be selling the idea of recycling bitcoin PoW to secure kmd and associated crypto chains without burning more electricity ... all hinges on the 64 notaries, right, How they get appointed & rewarded

marketing guys at kmd HQ need to refine the msg , any confusion about NN is very damaging
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 11:09:36 PM

No.

1 VOTE = 1 KMD

I think you need to better educate yourself what POS actually is. No one is arguing the election of notaries. Finally, I suggest you actually reread what I posted instead of diving off the deep end.
Big Naturals

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 11:55:52 PM

No.

1 VOTE = 1 KMD

I think you need to better educate yourself what POS actually is. No one is arguing the election of notaries. Finally, I suggest you actually reread what I posted instead of diving off the deep end.

Stop trolling ...

"dPoW is a hybrid version of proof of stake where KMD investors get to decide who runs NN"

Why do you want to confuse people? I know what dPoW is, and how PoS works, don't be so literal, otherwise you are just trolling

NN selection is STAKE BASED

edit: if I said dPoW is a version of PoS you would be correct, but I didn't say that. You are trolling to suggest otherwise
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 01:19:40 AM

I don't see many new candidates so far, bear market NN rewards aren't that great now. You should just run your own node trump, not much competition so candidates don't need you Smiley

Next year I will try and find a permanent tech partner and we will run two NN every year thereafter and split the rewards 50:50.

It means another year of HODL to preserve my ~2.7% of future VOTE, but from 2020 onwards I should be able to live off the ~1500 kmd per month and maintain my two NN's, even after the BIG players arrive.

In future years I think the discussion around this process will change and the community will speak more of NN 'selection' rather than 'elections'.

When the monthly reward is ~1500 USD candidates will mostly be individuals and small groups of 2-3 guys trying to bootstrap startup projects, and in that context, the process of voting feels similar to a regular political election.

When the NN monthly reward is consistently over 25k USD per month, however, the candidates will be profit-making businesses, and there will likely be quite a few large existing crypto players trying to secure one or more NN, and they won't be investing huge sums in the ecosystem if they have to rely on being 'popular' to attract VOTE from random community members in an 'election' where the community frowns upon revenue sharing to secure one of the limited NN spots.

We should never forget, NN aren't making any real decisions, in this early phase the NN rewards can attract new talent into the ecosystem, and so the process is sort of a popularity contest based on candidates skills and contributions to the community so far, but when the NN rewards are bootstrapping large crypto businesses this process will feel more like how monopoly licenses are allocated to large enterprises in industries where TPTB deliberately restrict who can participate.

Don't misunderstand me - I like the NN selection system jl777 and co. have designed, but we should never forget that the NN rewards come from a restriction on who can become a NN, and the easy mining rewards are by design anti-competitive compared to regular miners, and that's a good design IMO. BUT, this isn't like electing politicians where vote buying is obviously corrupt, this is more like selecting which large telco gets the right to roll out 5G networks, or which mining company can extract minerals from public land. The community wants reliable operators who do a good job, and the businesses want certainty so they can invest capital, time & skill.

Uncertainty is costly, and any business relying on their NN revenue streams to fund operational costs and growth in the ecosystem will not risk relying on an election every year where they have to campaign for votes, that is too uncertain, 'last year we could budget for NN rewards, but oh no, we lost the last election so for the next 12 months our revenue stream is gone' - this is a recipe for disaster, and not how successful businesses operate.

In the future when KMD MK is much larger than it is today NN candidates will look for ways to guarantee their spots over multiple years, and that will include things like competition with other NN candidates using incentives like revenue sharing, other token offerings, and discounts on various services and products offered by the NN business itself, as well as private deals with large holders.

I also hope in the future we see genuine community run nodes for small KMD holders to pool their VOTE.

This is not an outcome we should fear IMO, on the contrary, NN revenue streams will allow komodo based companies to prosper and grow without resorting to the traditional revenue sources of so many existing internet business (selling customer data and advertising), and charging exorbitant fees.

We should prepare for NN candidates to be businesses though, and expect that they will  try to secure NN 'licenses' in the future in ways that involve offering incentives to voters, and eventually I think the majority of the community will not be freaked out by revenue sharing, especially if we have genuine community pools.

In the end the community of komodo is best represented by the owners of KMD!

Good luck to ALL the 2019 NN candidates!

that's a very interesting comparison, thanks for sharing that

When kmd moons so will NN profits and every man and his doge will be running in elections Smiley

No way are NN operators going to keep 100% of profits with competition and only 64 notary

10bil marketcap would be 50USD kmd, that's 75k per NN every month with same costs as today .... wtf

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 01:25:28 AM

No.

1 VOTE = 1 KMD

Stop trolling ...

"dPoW is a hybrid version of proof of stake where KMD investors get to decide who runs NN"

Why do you want to confuse people? I know what dPoW is, and how PoS works, don't be so literal, otherwise you are just trolling

NN selection is STAKE BASED

edit: if I said dPoW is a version of PoS you would be correct, but I didn't say that. You are trolling to suggest otherwise

lol, except that it has nothing to do with proof of stake. Stake-based =/= Proof of Stake. Your stake, represented by the coins you get 1:1 vote with (or your direct KMD for that matter), do not generate blocks themselves, nor do the NN's via POS.

As for your edit "if I said dPoW is a version of PoS you would be correct, but I didn't say that". Ummm? "dPoW is a hybrid version of proof of stake" So you inserted hybrid and that is suppose to change the core statement? Really?

And trolling? If correcting a nonsensical statement that is only going to serve as a statement of confusion makes me a troll, so be it. I'm probably one of the larger holders here.
Big Naturals

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 01:36:34 AM

lol, except that it has nothing to do with proof of stake. Stake-based =/= Proof of Stake. Your stake, represented by the coins you get 1:1 vote with (or your direct KMD for that matter), do not generate blocks themselves, nor do the NN's via POS.

As for your edit "if I said dPoW is a version of PoS you would be correct, but I didn't say that". Ummm? "dPoW is a hybrid version of proof of stake" So you inserted hybrid and that is suppose to change the core statement? Really?

And trolling? If correcting a nonsensical statement that is only going to serve as a statement of confusion makes me a troll, so be it. I'm probably one of the larger holders here.

Why don't you give a definition and explain dPoW then?

Just replying 'No' was worthless
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 01:47:27 AM

My definition would not include POS, that's for sure. Tongue
Big Naturals

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 02:02:35 AM

Gutless, you can't define dPoW adequately can you, not without mentioning 'stake'.

Stay a million miles away from any marketing, komodo needs adoption and that comes from simple explanations people can understand. You can't do that, can you?
Tokyo Whale

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 02:06:20 AM

Gutless, you can't define dPoW adequately can you, not without mentioning 'stake'.

Stay a million miles away from any marketing, komodo needs adoption and that comes from simple explanations people can understand. You can't do that, can you?

Don't feed VBK trolls!
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 02:12:36 AM

In the end the community of komodo is best represented by the owners of KMD!

+1

@Big Naturals, your phrasing could have been better but your basic point is correct, KMD hodlers vote for NN's who complete dPoW functions so bitcoin level security without any further wasted electricity costs.

Try not to get get baited
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 02:33:13 AM

Don't feed VBK trolls!

I don't own that closed source nonsense.
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 02:37:32 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2019, 02:51:53 AM by oblox

I find it sad that because I corrected you in reference to using a consensus algo as your base case for what dpow is, you feel the need to label me as a "troll" or heaven-forbid, a VBK fanboy. lol

Want a super crude and cheesy dpow definition without using the word stake (which is wrong): "Securing your project through Bitcoin's hashrate, because wasting resources is silliness" or "dPow, back your project up to Bitcoin's ledger--simple, secure, affordable"

Done. Next.

EDIT: I'm not a marketeer personally, so these short little quibs about what dpow is is simply to prove to you it can be done without wrongly using a consensus algo. Having a technical debate with someone that doesn't understand that basic fact isn't worth my time. Sorry.
Pages: « 1 ... 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 [851] 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: