Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:48:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cairnsmore1 - New Short Lead Time Preorder  (Read 11604 times)
yohan (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 09:30:01 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 08:33:03 AM by yohan

Preorder is now closed. Currently (11th June) we have some stock available for immediate sale.

With a background that we sold more or less every CM1 in stock we are looking at building a reasonable amount more of these with a short lead time - 2-6 weeks delivery. We already have stock of long lead time items like heatsinks which allow us up to build 375 boards. The only thing we are short of for these numbers are the actual FPGAs. We do have some FPGAs already in stock and some more on order already but would have to acquire more for larger quantities of orders. We are talking to our suppliers to see what we can acquire of these to suit these timelines and that may be the limit of what we can build.

So if you are interested in getting CM1 boards within the next 6 weeks you need to sign to our preorder. Customers that we are already talking with will get a place at the head of the queue if they tell us want to do this under the financial terms below.

As the market is very changeable we are going to do this differently to the last pre-order. The first major difference is that we will ask for a deposit of 1/3 of the single unit price (before tax) - GBP £200 / USD $320 / 240€. This will be non-refundable unless we fail to meet your promised delivery and is to cover costs we will have in starting you order. The promise date will be given before you give us the deposit and we will start to sort these out next week after the public holidays we have here today and Monday.

We will accept Bitcoins for part or all of a purchase. The actual sale will be actually in one of our supported currencies GBP, USD or Euros and in any refund situation the refund will be in one of these currencies at the nominal value shown on your invoice. The acceptance of Bitcoins is a service that we will offer our customers on this understanding that the actual sale is in those supported currencies. We will immediately covert Bitcoins received into a flat currency of our choice and this is because all of our costs are in one of supported flat currencies.

The Bitcoin rate offered will be at our sole discretion and will be only for the day that a coin transfer takes place. So if you get a number one day you can't use that on another day. You must ask again on the day you give us coins. Our coin rate will be based low to average price at MTgox but we will add approximately 15% to cover short term shift risk and conversion costs.

We won't offer credit or debit card payments due to problems with very small numbers of customers doing chargebacks having received goods. Sorry but we don't weant the admin and losses of chargebacks.

We will offer PayPal but only to customers with fully eligible seller cover. So if you have not done all the security things they want do them now if you want to use this payment mechanism. We will also surcharge PayPal payments by 4% which is our PayPal cost to process money. This is not a profit centre for us merely covering actuial costs and to put bank transfers on a level playing field financially.

For our Euro customers our bank account works with 80-90% of SEPA transfers. There are obviously some banks looking looking for an excuse not to offer SEPA.

Pricing will be as the table on http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/cairnsmore/cairnsmore1.html. Euro pricing is 1.2X GBP. EU countries there will be VAT at 20% on top of these prices unless you are a VAT registered company and we can verify your registration.

Ok so if you want to go ahead on a pre-order send us an email on preorder2 AT enterpoint.co.uk. Response should come next week once we know more on FPGA delivery.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 10:38:15 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2013, 12:17:08 PM by silverston

hello.
Interested in 20 boards.
I'm from Estonia. How much will the final price and delivery for me.
when I can really obtain them, if paid within one week.
I need an accurate answer + - a week.
To order I need full prepayment or part?
Thanks in advance.

█████     ████████████████████
█████     ████████████████████
█████                    █████
█████     ██████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████   ██████████████   ████
████   ████      ████   ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
papamoi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 12:04:27 PM

what is the estimate speed of hashing of one cairnsmore1?

what s happened to cairnsmore2?

miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 04:43:13 PM

I was excited about this until I saw that pricing hasn't changed..  Sad

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
yohan (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:16:37 PM

hello.
Interested in 20 boards.
I'm from Estonia. How much will the final price and delivery for me.
when I can really obtain them, if paid within one week.
I need an accurate answer + - a week.
To order I need full prepayment or part?
Thanks in advance.

Can you direct this to preorder email account so that the team see it. We will need a full address to calculate carriage.

We are asking for a deposit on this batch of GBP £200 / USD 320€ / 240€ per unit ordered.
yohan (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:18:54 PM

I was excited about this until I saw that pricing hasn't changed..  Sad

Cost base has not changed for this and if anything it is more expensive for us to make as we are looking at a batch that is a tiny fraction of the size of the first built.
yohan (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:21:53 PM

what is the estimate speed of hashing of one cairnsmore1?

what s happened to cairnsmore2?

Grade-a which what we are talking about is 760-880 MH/s. There may also be grade-b boards after we have built the batch and we would expect 10% of boards to come out as grade-b based on previous experience. We will adjust the build numbers to account for that so that we get enough grade-a.

For Cairnsmore2 see other thread but generally we are using that as a testbed. It may or not appear as a product and we have not decided that yet. Given the huge build schedules we already have for other products in April and May it is unlikely to be available before July even if we do decide to launch it as a product.
tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:33:07 PM

sent you pm .
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 08:32:02 PM

Grade-a which what we are talking about is 760-880 MH/s. There may also be grade-b boards after we have built the batch and we would expect 10% of boards to come out as grade-b based on previous experience. We will adjust the build numbers to account for that so that we get enough grade-a.

That 10% number is really funny.  It reminds me of when I told you that 10% of my boards were sub-par and you insisted that nobody else was having problems and I must be doing something wrong.

Anyway, rising bitcoin prices heal all wounds.  I love you John.  You are a shining light of professionalism in contrast to certain other hardware vendors in the Bitcoin world.
Entropy-uc

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 08:53:42 PM

By the way I have an auction for half a dozen of those 'b' grade boards.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=159052.0
Winning bids are in the 3 BTC range today.

And I will sell domestically up to a dozen boards for 7 BTC plus shipping and escrow.
yohan (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:39:18 AM

Can I remind everone that if you want pre-orders email on preorder2 AT enterpoint.co.uk. We are getting emails on other addresses and also PMs are likely to get missed if we are not careful here.
yohan (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 07:40:31 AM

Just to say to everyone asking that we won't have any answers on delivery until at least tomorrow and maybe later in the week if we are unlucky. Like many places it is a public holiday today. Many people also take the entire week as holiday so getting answers may be slower as a result of that.
dbasql

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Ethics and Science need to shake hands

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 05:12:41 PM

Could you briefly explain what is needed to use these? Do the "kits" come complete as a Quad kit? Do pillars and power jumpers need to be ordered as well? I am not familiar with the way these interface once they are up and running. Is it just a USB cable to any capable computer that can mine?
I assume from the photos the only other thing that would be needed is a power supply?
Thanks
papamoi

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 05:25:15 PM

Just to say to everyone asking that we won't have any answers on delivery until at least tomorrow and maybe later in the week if we are unlucky. Like many places it is a public holiday today. Many people also take the entire week as holiday so getting answers may be slower as a result of that.

yohan,

a suggestion:

why not try to focuse on cairnsmore2 as the cairnsmore1 are little be outdated because of the asic?

it would be better for everyone to get asic s hashing power,and have to deal with a company wich have a track record of seriousness

there is many people out there who are ready to help you if there is anything wich is not permitting you to deliver cairnsmore2 quickly

in my opinion,people who will buy cairnsmore1 will regret their purchases sooner than later.

just some thoughts

yohan (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:40:04 AM

Could you briefly explain what is needed to use these? Do the "kits" come complete as a Quad kit? Do pillars and power jumpers need to be ordered as well? I am not familiar with the way these interface once they are up and running. Is it just a USB cable to any capable computer that can mine?
I assume from the photos the only other thing that would be needed is a power supply?
Thanks

Yes it quad FPGA fitted. We have dropped single and dual version options some time ago as basically we had no demand. USB lead comes with unit and bitstreams are loaded so you should just need to plug in and configure your choice of mining software.

Pillars and power jumpers and other accessories are only needed generally if you are using multiple boards.
yohan (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:04:20 AM

yohan,

a suggestion:

why not try to focuse on cairnsmore2 as the cairnsmore1 are little be outdated because of the asic?

it would be better for everyone to get asic s hashing power,and have to deal with a company wich have a track record of seriousness

there is many people out there who are ready to help you if there is anything wich is not permitting you to deliver cairnsmore2 quickly

in my opinion,people who will buy cairnsmore1 will regret their purchases sooner than later.

just some thoughts

Different resources is the answer and CM2 is still only a development project at the moment. CM1 we can build quickly and all the infrastructure to support a build is available now. Also CM3 at the moment is our next preferred potential customer release at the moment and CM2 may stay as it is merely a development platform. There is a lot of work to be done before we could ship anything and the design team are already already extremely loaded with more important things in April, May and maybe June. So promising CM2/3 deliveries in the short term isn't going to happen. If we happen to find some time and resources well yes it might come quicker but unlike others we won't promise it until we are sure.

I will also say that he ASIC competitors already launched, with public pricing, look like they may have initially set pricing too low on ASIC products and will probably increase prices to stay in business assuming they last that long of course. There are obviously some technical issues as well to be resolved. Based on that and a few other things our prediction is the network will probably stay in the 100-500 TH/s range this year and in that range we believe for most customers CM1 will remain profitable for some time to come. This board also has the capability to do Litecoin and some customers are looking at that. With the very high Bitcoin value currently it is very likely that Litecoin will be needed to fill in the gaps at lower value transactions. We need the Bitcoin equivalent of the silver coins and pennies and Bitcoin doesn't look at it will have the capability on it's own. 

LazyOtto

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:05:26 PM

We need the Bitcoin equivalent of the silver coins and pennies and Bitcoin doesn't look at it will have the capability on it's own. 
Bullshit.

Or, I could be more polite and state it as "I believe you are mistaken".

Please support your statement.
Entropy-uc

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:19:26 PM

We need the Bitcoin equivalent of the silver coins and pennies and Bitcoin doesn't look at it will have the capability on it's own. 
Bullshit.

Or, I could be more polite and state it as "I believe you are mistaken".

Please support your statement.

Indeed.  For someone who failed to ship a bitcoin bitstream you are awfully confident it will work for Litecoin.

So much for professionalism from Enterpoint.
coinnewb

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:39:36 PM

Maybe someone can educate me: at $960 for 760-880 MH/s, wouldn't one be better off by buying 7970s?

Is this worth it because of lower power consumption?

Entropy-uc

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:55:50 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2013, 12:06:08 AM by Entropy-uc

Maybe someone can educate me: at $960 for 760-880 MH/s, wouldn't one be better off by buying 7970s?

Is this worth it because of lower power consumption?

It could be.  At full power these boards only draw 45 watts.  And you can drive them with a very low watt controller.  A 7970 is going to require at least 300 watts with a system.

So these board will be cost effective a 6-7 times higher difficulty than the graphics card.  Depending on the shape of the difficulty curve between those 2 points, and the exchange rate, you could do very well.  Or painfully badly.  It's a tough call.

It was a lot harder decision at $7 bitcoin and BFL promising ASICS in 2 months.

That said, I had a buyer for 20 boards drop out on me, so I still have a few for sale for BTC only
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: