Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:39:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Live Bitcoin Charts in MetaTrader 4 for any market @ bitcoincharts.com  (Read 32085 times)
kvm (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 02:37:23 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2015, 03:15:13 PM by kvm

Setting up MetaTrader 4

1. Download and install MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal (use default installation directory) from:
http://files.metaquotes.net/metaquotes.software.corp/mt4/mt4setup.exe

2. You must connect to at least a demo account. To create one, go to menu and select File -> Open an Account.

3. Go to menu and select Tools -> Options -> Charts tab. In the fields "Max bars in history" and "Max bars in chart", enter the largest number allowed: 9999999999999. After you click OK, the system will change this number to 2147483647 - the maximum bars the system can handle.

Using the Import Script Status: OK

This is an offline script that imports manually downloaded history file. It doesn't automatically download any data, therefore it doesn't call any external DLL functions! The .csv files at http://api.bitcoincharts.com/v1/csv/ are updated every few hours!

1. Download and install KVM Bitcoin Tick Importer, following the instructions given on the page.

Using the Autoupdating Expert Status: work in progress...

This is an Expert Advisor (EA) that automatically imports historical tick data from http://bitcoincharts.com into client terminal. Periodically, it updates the data and refreshes the chart windows.

1. Download and put eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 expert in this directory, by default:
C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts - if you use Windows 7 32-bit system.
- or -
C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\experts - if you use Windows 7 64-bit system.

2. After that restart the MetaTrader 4 terminal. Make sure that the terminal is connected and in service.

3. Open a new Chart Window for any forex pair you want (for example, EURUSD) and keep it running all the time!

4. Go to Expert Advisors in Navigator window and double click on "eKVM-BTC-Chart". Under Common tab in settings dialog, make sure to check "Allow DLL imports" and "Allow imports of external experts", and uncheck "Confirm DLL function calls". Then click OK.

5. After the EA has processed some data, go to File -> Open Offline, choose one of the timeframes - "mtgoxUSD,M1", "mtgoxUSD,M5" etc. and click Open. Now you can add your indicators or template to customize the chart as you want.

https://i.imgur.com/Sz9ipfW.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maria2.0

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 04:06:43 PM

Finally! Thank You!!

Maria 2.0
prof7bit

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 10:23:28 AM

DESCRIPTION
 however the ticks are delayed in time by approximately 15 minutes as described in the API documentation

How about going one step further and using MtGox websocket or socket.io API for live streaming data and also make a simple trading API (that is similar to MT4 API) so that any EA (after only small modifications) can trade on MtGox?

Maria2.0

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:27:13 AM

DESCRIPTION
 however the ticks are delayed in time by approximately 15 minutes as described in the API documentation

How about going one step further and using MtGox websocket or socket.io API for live streaming data and also make a simple trading API (that is similar to MT4 API) so that any EA (after only small modifications) can trade on MtGox?

This. Do it!!

Maria 2.0
kvm (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 01:34:27 PM

DESCRIPTION

This will be a very useful feature, indeed. But I disagree that it will require only "one step" Smiley

My first goal is to make the chart really LIVE. So, watch out for new releases soon!

However if you have any questions or feedback about the current release, feel free to PM me or comment!
ptshamrock

Activity: 484

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 01:59:43 AM

Gives me an "waiting for excution to Start" in the Chart Window.

MT4 works great in wine btw Smiley  back to the roots Smiley

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."
bit-fxtrader

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 05:48:45 PM

DESCRIPTION

can't get this to work, it just says waiting to start...is it cause bitcoincharts is down?

This Expert Advisor (EA) for MetaTrader 4 (MT4) imports mtgoxUSD historic tick data using Bitcoincharts API.
It supports auto refresh after regular intervals, however the ticks are delayed in time by approximately 15 minutes as described in the API documentation

INSTALLATION

1. First of all download and put the EA in this directory, by default:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\experts , If you use Windows 7 64 bit or
C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts , If you use Windows 7 32 bit edition.

Keep in mind that MT4 directory might be your broker name!

2. After that restart the MT4 terminal!

3. Open a new window for any pair you want, for example EURUSD and keep it open all the time.

4. Go to Expert Advisors in Navigator Window, look for "eKVM-BTC-Chart", double click on it, under Common, make sure that "Allow DLL imports" and "Allow imports of external experts" are checked, then click OK.

5. After the EA has processed some data, go to File -> Open Offline, look for "mtgoxUSD,M1" and click on Open, a new chart window will open named "mtgoxUSD,M1 (offline)". Now you can add your indicators or template or customize the chart as you want.

6. The last but not least, go to Tools -> Options -> tab Charts, then change "Max bars in history" and "Max bars in chart" to the maximum number possible, for example: 9999999999999 and OK! We do this step to let MT4 use all the data in the history!

VERSIONS

Last version: eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.0

2013-03-28  1.0  Initial release.

dwolfman

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 01:15:15 AM

Is it possible to use this without creating an account in MT4?

Wanna send coins my way? 1BY2rZduB9j8Exa4158QXPFJoJ2NWU1NGf or just scan the QR code in my avatar.  :-)
bit-fxtrader

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:10:05 AM

Same problem, gives me an "waiting for execution to Start" in the Chart Window and there is no offline chart.

Anyone had any luck with this? Also has anyone checked if the script is safe to use?
kvm (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 09:35:15 AM

Same problem, gives me an "waiting for execution to Start" in the Chart Window and there is no offline chart.

Anyone had any luck with this? Also has anyone checked if the script is safe to use?

Yes, I understand your concerns. Running such a script with "Allow DLL imports" option is a little bit dangerous!
I guarantee that the EA uses only these inetrnet related functions to connect and download data from bitcoincharts.com:

#import "wininet.dll"
int InternetOpenA(...);
int InternetOpenUrlA(...);
int InternetReadFile(...);   
int InternetCloseHandle(...);

However, although it is safe, at the moment the script is pretty useless, because of the recent Bitcoincharts API changes.
I've tested their new example and the request returns no data! Until there's a way to get the whole history I can't do much!
I will continue to search a solution, and post it here if I found one, but any help will be appreciated...
bit-fxtrader

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 11:19:44 AM

Yes, I understand your concerns. Running such a script with "Allow DLL imports" option is a little bit dangerous!
I guarantee that the EA uses only these inetrnet related functions to connect and download data from bitcoincharts.com:

#import "wininet.dll"
int InternetOpenA(...);
int InternetOpenUrlA(...);
int InternetReadFile(...);   
int InternetCloseHandle(...);

However, although it is safe, at the moment the script is pretty useless, because of the recent Bitcoincharts API changes.
I've tested their new example and the request returns no data! Until there's a way to get the whole history I can't do much!
I will continue to search a solution, and post it here if I found one, but any help will be appreciated...

ah thats too bad...any other options to get bitcoin data in mt4?
kvm (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:00:09 PM

I just received an answer to my question from Bitcoincharts.com:

> You can fetch historic data from http://api.bitcoincharts.com/v1/csv/
> (updated once per day).

So the only thing I can do is to write another script that reads the file and imports the data in MT4!
This is a very dirty work-around! But this is the only solution I can think of at the moment!
therealodog

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:28:22 PM

hey man, please do this. Much respect for your work!
Loozik

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:45:10 PM

This is the first row of BTCUSD tick data from mt.gox from your link:

What is ''1279408157''? - a date and hour? please decipher this for me. The other two seem to be price and volume

Thanks
kvm (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 05:54:30 AM

What is ''1279408157''? - a date and hour? please decipher this for me. The other two seem to be price and volume

Lines in CSV files have the following fixed format:

unixtime,price,amount

where the unixtime is the number of seconds that have elapsed since January 1, 1970.

1279408157 = Sat, 17 Jul 2010 23:09:17 GMT
prof7bit

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 12:39:30 PM

where the unixtime is the number of seconds that have elapsed since January 1, 1970.

just cast the int into a date in mql4 and use it as date for all date and time related mql4 functions and it will just work, mt4 is using unix timestamps too as its native datetime format, no need for complicated calculatons and conversions, its all built into mt4 already.

kvm (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 01:38:21 PM

just cast the int into a date in mql4 and use it as date for all date and time related mql4 functions and it will just work, mt4 is using unix timestamps too as its native datetime format, no need for complicated calculatons and conversions, its all built into mt4 already.

Yes. I'm, using it that way Smiley I just tried to explain the tick format.
therealodog

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:00:55 PM

so is this working?
kvm (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:25:29 AM

so is this working?

Sill not working  Cry
rezurect

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:39:19 PM

Failed to work for me. Cant figure out whats wrong.
I Kept EUR/USD open,got the EA, set allow imports. But  in the next step,[File -> Open Offline, look for "mtgoxUSD,M1"], For me there is no "mtgoxUSD,M1" listed among the options.

The EA is greyed out, is that how its supposed to be?

kvm (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:45:26 PM

I Kept EUR/USD open,got the EA, set allow imports. But  in the next step,[File -> Open Offline, look for "mtgoxUSD,M1"], For me there is no "mtgoxUSD,M1" listed among the options.

The EA doesn't work any more, because of the recent Bitcoincharts API changes!
keo

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 10:13:11 AM

Just found this in the newbie forum: http://www.meta-coin.com
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 12:01:44 PM

I sind up and I (only) got a "Thank you" via email. And now?

keo

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:30:10 PM

Same here.
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 01:40:27 PM

Same here.

This is a standard type of thing for a start-up.

They get you to visit the site, sign up, then after however-long-it-darn-well-takes-to-have-a-beta-version, they email you and ask you to hop on board.

I signed up as well. Same deal. But, I knew from the initial screen that was what it was.

Just be patient. They'll update you when they have something to deliver.

capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 04:03:51 PM

Same here.

This is a standard type of thing for a start-up.

They get you to visit the site, sign up, then after however-long-it-darn-well-takes-to-have-a-beta-version, they email you and ask you to hop on board.

I signed up as well. Same deal. But, I knew from the initial screen that was what it was.

Just be patient. They'll update you when they have something to deliver.

makes sense...thank you

dwolfman

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 10:30:46 PM

Never saw an answer to this....

But since the EA no longer works it may not matter much.  But if the new one from meta-coin does work, I may want to try it out, so still need to know if MT4 can be used without creating an account?

Wanna send coins my way? 1BY2rZduB9j8Exa4158QXPFJoJ2NWU1NGf or just scan the QR code in my avatar.  :-)
capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 11:48:39 PM

But since the EA no longer works it may not matter much.  But if the new one from meta-coin does work, I may want to try it out, so still need to know if MT4 can be used without creating an account?

they don't say what it really will be.....but it looks like it will me a "MtGox" inside MetaTrader (since they mention Bots). So they likeley will have their own Metatrader and you need to have an acoount there

dwolfman

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 08:42:38 AM

Well, that might suck.  When I started to make an account in MT4, one of the things it had was how much of a deposit to make, where the smallest selectable amount was in the thousands.  I've only got about 1 bitcoin's worth to work with right now, so kind think I won't meet that minimum.  Wink

kvm (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 09:15:05 AM

No, the EA won't work without an account!

Because of that and some other limitations of MQL language, I decided to change the tactics.
The new version of KVM-BTC-Chart will be an external application, similar to the sierrachartfeed.exe!
So I think there will be no need to use an account in MT4, but this is not sure yet! I hope that it will be ready for a test in a month or so.

P.S.: I don't have any relations with this meta-coin site!
capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 09:50:30 AM

No, the EA won't work without an account!

Because of that and some other limitations of MQL language, I decided to change the tactics.
The new version of KVM-BTC-Chart will be an external application, similar to the sierrachartfeed.exe!
So I think there will be no need to use an account in MT4, but this is not sure yet! I hope that it will be ready for a test in a month or so.

P.S.: I don't have any relations with this meta-coin site!

what's the problem anyways? There are hundrets of demo-accounts one can use

dwolfman

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 12:13:26 PM

There are?  MT4 site didn't seem to indicate that.

capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:33:29 PM

There are?  MT4 site didn't seem to indicate that.

amost all forexbrokers offer a Demo-account. Many of those who wotk with MT4 have unlimited accounts afaik (without expiering)

Loozik

Activity: 378

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:08:02 PM

unixtime,price,amount

Thanks kvm,

Is there a way to get the feed in the following format:

Date               Time               Price         Volume
e.g.     29.04.2013      15:06:59         135.01       102

My intention is to get the data flowing into other (not MT4) programme.

dwolfman

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 01:47:07 PM

amost all forexbrokers offer a Demo-account. Many of those who wotk with MT4 have unlimited accounts afaik (without expiering)

Can I get a link to one?  Since I'm still new to BTC and have never done forex trading before, I don't even know where to start looking.

capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:12:26 PM

Can I get a link to one?  Since I'm still new to BTC and have never done forex trading before, I don't even know where to start looking.

http://www.fxopen.com/OpenDemoAccount.aspx

kvm (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:20:26 PM

unixtime,price,amount

Thanks kvm,

Is there a way to get the feed in the following format:

Date               Time               Price         Volume
e.g.     29.04.2013      15:06:59         135.01       102

My intention is to get the data flowing into other (not MT4) programme.

You should ask the developer of Bitcoinchart API. But as far as I know there is no other format except the one that is described on their site:

unixtime,price,amount

Or just convert the data into your format Smiley
dwolfman

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 02:34:20 PM

Thanks, I'll check it out.

MasterX

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:02:43 PM

Hi rezurect,

You need to "allow dll imports" so you got the smiley in the upper right corner.
The E.A. is greyed out cause kvm only gave us the compiled version.
If you have both, source and compiled version you'll see the E.A. listed in color.

But as kvm mentioned earlyer, the E.A. wont work cause of an api change on bitcoincharts.

Cheers,

| Donations: 1MegaXG1bd6mTEQCdAMjVzGexcYrF5LJKv |
Serjster

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 01:47:56 AM

@kvm why don't you use Mt.Gox's API? It's real time, minus the 30 second delay between requests...
prof7bit

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 01:19:45 PM

@kvm why don't you use Mt.Gox's API? It's real time, minus the 30 second delay between requests...
You can also use MtGox websocket API, then its realtime streaming without any noticeable delay at all.

kvm (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 11:15:45 AM

New Version Available!
capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 11:47:37 AM

2. Before every import, make sure you have downloaded the latest tick data from:
http://api.bitcoincharts.com/v1/csv/mtgoxUSD.csv to <terminal_path>\experts\files\

this has only to be imported once? the file is 234MB and the server very slow

kvm (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 12:01:24 PM

2. Before every import, make sure you have downloaded the latest tick data from:
http://api.bitcoincharts.com/v1/csv/mtgoxUSD.csv to <terminal_path>\experts\files\

This first version of the script is very simple and SAFE, because it doesn't automatically download any data, therefore it doesn't call any external DLL functions!

It just imports a .csv file, saved in <terminal_path>\experts\files\ directory. The .csv history files at http://api.bitcoincharts.com/v1/csv/ are updated every few hours!

I am planning to release a more user-friendly version, so this is only the initial version!
capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 12:05:12 PM

This first version of the script is very simple and SAFE, because it doesn't automatically download any data, therefore it doesn't call any external DLL functions!

It just imports a .csv file, saved in <terminal_path>\experts\files\ directory. The .csv history files at http://api.bitcoincharts.com/v1/csv/ are updated every few hours!

I am planning to release a more user-friendly version, so this is only the initial version!

so this doesn't work as a live chart?

will it?

kvm (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:02:54 PM

[/quote]

so this doesn't work as a live chart?

will it?
[/quote]

It's not a live chart, the script just imports the .csv file and exits!
neuromancer56

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:28:32 AM

I had high hopes for meta-coin, or any way to link meta-trader with crypto coins.    I was going to write my own interface between cryptsy and meta-trader.

Then I read this:

http://forexmagnates.com/metaquotes-warns-brokers-about-illegal-plugins/

From my understanding of this, Meta-trader gives out free clients, but the brokerages/exchanges pay for the severs that the clients talk to.  Thus adding meta-trader to cryptsy would for certain be illegal unless cryptsy paid for the meta-trader server software.   Heck it sounds dicey to even be pulling in data into Meta-trader as this going on with this thread.  Am I right about this?
capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:33:31 PM

does Plus500 have MT4? They block my country. They have BTC/USD pair

capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:48:59 PM

now there is an "almost-solution" for a live chart:

http://www.avatrade.com/trading-info/range-of-markets/bitcoin

almost, because the price of this CFD is slightly diferent from Gox.
Just use a DEMO-account

kvm (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:57:21 PM

Major New Versions Available!
kvm (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 10:46:29 AM

This is strange...

First of all, I want to clarify the versioning of:

1. Import Script or sKVM-BTC-Import_v[X.X].ex4 - all version (1.0, 1.1 and 1.2) doesn't automatically download any data! It just reads and imports a .csv file, located in <terminal_path>\experts\files\<symbol_name>.csv. The different versions are just performance improvements!

2.Autoupdating Expert or eKVM-BTC-Chart_v[X.X].ex4 - it connects to bitcoincharts.com and downloads and imports all data automatically!
v1.0 - the old bitcoincharts.com API implementation. It doesn't work anymore!
v1.1 - implementation of the latest bitcoincharts.com API! My recommendation is to use this one!

So, back to your problem. This may be due to a coryption of the MT4 history. Please, delete mtgoxUSD1.hst and try again!
kvm (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 06:17:51 AM

Yes! That's it! I've deleted the old history and started the Autoupdating Expert. Now I've got the whole market history. Thank you!

I'm looking to start trading Bitcoins in EUR at Bitcoin.de exchange. I was using chart from bitcoincharts.com but that doesn't allow to personalize the chart very much. How do I get the btcdeEUR chart into my MT4?

Just change the default value of the SymbolName input in expert/script settings dialog. Put btcdeEUR instead of mtgoxUSD!
c0inbuster

Activity: 105

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 01:09:03 PM

Hi,

thanks kvm for your work.
Why not open sourcing your scripts/EA ?

Kind regards

Download free softwares! - crypto mining profit calculator - crypto triangular arbitrage tools - crypto stocks tools...
https://sites.google.com/site/working4coins/
c0inbuster

Activity: 105

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 01:32:26 PM

It's very strange.

When I copy sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2.ex4 to <mt4dir>/expert/script folder
and run Metatrader this script file is automatically removed !!
That's exactly the same behaviour with EA file eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.1.ex4
when I copy it to <mt4dir>/expert

I'm using MT4 version 4.00 build 509

Download free softwares! - crypto mining profit calculator - crypto triangular arbitrage tools - crypto stocks tools...
https://sites.google.com/site/working4coins/
kvm (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:34:35 AM

It's very strange.

When I copy sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2.ex4 to <mt4dir>/expert/script folder
and run Metatrader this script file is automatically removed !!
That's exactly the same behaviour with EA file eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.1.ex4
when I copy it to <mt4dir>/expert

I'm using MT4 version 4.00 build 509

Windows 7 I suppose? Please, try to Unblock the file after download, I think it is a security feature.
Right click on the file, select Properties, then click Unblock button!
kvm (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:33:03 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2013, 05:27:17 PM by kvm

I don't know how but all charts froze up yesterday evening, no bars are being imported anymore. After deleting the history and starting the Autoupdating Expert from the scratch, only mtgoxUSD,M1 timeframe gets imported. Is anybody else experiencing this?

The ticks are not updated, because Bitcoincharts seems to have changed the API again!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6019.msg3080860#msg3080860

Actually, I wouldn't call it an API anymore. The APIs are consistent and backward compatible.
ptshamrock

Activity: 484

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:33:25 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/price/

PLEASE ADD THIS API AND FIX THE EXPERT !

I OFFER 1 BTC BOUNTY !

Thanks Smiley

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."
kvm (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 09:24:47 AM

I am on vacation this week! Next week I will see what can be done!
jpp1975

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:23:44 AM

ive used MT4 and (MT3) for years. I know its a work in progress but some damn good work here! nice job!
jago25_98

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 12:52:43 PM

When I start MT4 it deletes sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2.ex4 from ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/MetaTrader 4/experts/...

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
kvm (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:24:52 PM

Fixed to work again after bitcoincharts API changes!
kvm (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:02:01 PM

When I start MT4 it deletes sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2.ex4 from ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/MetaTrader 4/experts/...

As far as I have read: http://forum.mql4.com/56320

"This problem seems to be related to the build 507! There have already been a number of posts about it already!"

So try a newer build or reinstall it!
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:30:38 PM

Can you do charting for other crypto currencies on there too?
kvm (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:02:40 AM

Can you do charting for other crypto currencies on there too?

Yes, if there is an API it should be possible.
ssshhh

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:08:01 PM

Greetings,

Forex broker www.FXOpen.com has BTCUSD data.  You will have to enable it in the "symbols"  section. [ right click on any currency pair and select symbols -> crypto ]

have fun!
DonBit

Activity: 69

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 08:24:22 AM

MT4 always stops doing the "Next update in xxx seconds" after a couple days. It is very weird, it works all right and suddenly after 2 days stops working.

I installed two different exchanges MT4 and did the process again, it did work for 2 days and stopped doing the automatic update in every MT4 I install.

Anyone is having the same problem? I unistall all the offline mtgox charts, history, eKVM files and it never comes back to auto update.. this is driving me crazy!

Please any ideas?

1DonBitkTdvCtt8ZC5UDdBh3c1axrvXHbP
kvm (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 12:52:42 PM

MT4 always stops doing the "Next update in xxx seconds" after a couple days. It is very weird, it works all right and suddenly after 2 days stops working.

I installed two different exchanges MT4 and did the process again, it did work for 2 days and stopped doing the automatic update in every MT4 I install.

Anyone is having the same problem? I unistall all the offline mtgox charts, history, eKVM files and it never comes back to auto update.. this is driving me crazy!

Please any ideas?

If you post your log files to this thread I may be able to help you. Log files are located by default in:
C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\logs

Please consider that auto updating works only if "Expert Advisors" feature is enabled and there is some movement on the main chart (for example, EURUSD)!
DonBit

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:49:18 PM

Hi kvm!
The expert adivsor is enabled (smiley face) and currency to attach the script is in EURUSD (also tried using GPBUSD), there is always some movement on it.

Here is the log file, I did remove the history files and imported csv again after it and enabled the advisor multiple times..

Thanks for the help!

Code:
05:57:36 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: loaded successfully
05:57:42 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1 inputs: DebugEnabled=true; AllTimeframes=true; SymbolName="mtgoxUSD";
05:57:42 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: start(): Running...
05:57:42 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: Alert: sKVM-BTC-Import v1.2: Please donate to bitcoin address 1PoFqwBCM8AgGKwJsZWJNygQY2CbGyhAW9\n\nNOTE: Make sure you have downloaded the latest data from \nhttp://api.bitcoincharts.com/v1/csv/mtgoxUSD.csv to C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\experts\files\
05:57:43 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD1.hst
05:57:43 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\experts\files\mtgoxUSD.csv
05:58:42 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Successfully imported 8832 M1 bars!
05:58:42 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD.csv
05:58:42 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD5.hst
05:58:42 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD15.hst
05:58:42 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD30.hst
05:58:42 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD60.hst
05:58:42 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD240.hst
05:58:42 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD1440.hst
05:58:42 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD10080.hst
05:58:42 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD43200.hst
05:59:00 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD5.hst
05:59:00 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD15.hst
05:59:00 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD30.hst
05:59:00 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD60.hst
05:59:00 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD240.hst
05:59:00 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD1440.hst
05:59:00 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD10080.hst
05:59:00 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD43200.hst
05:59:06 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD1.hst
05:59:06 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: start(): Done!
05:59:06 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: uninit reason 0
05:59:06 sKVM-BTC-Import_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: removed
05:59:09 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: loaded successfully
05:59:12 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1 inputs: DebugEnabled=true; UpdateOnInit=true; AllTimeframes=true; SymbolName="mtgoxUSD";
05:59:12 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: init()
05:59:12 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: Alert: eKVM-BTC-Chart v1.2: Please donate to bitcoin address 1PoFqwBCM8AgGKwJsZWJNygQY2CbGyhAW9\n\nNOTE: To rebuild the tick data, delete C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD1.hst
05:59:13 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD1.hst
05:59:13 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Retrieving ticks since 2013.12.07 22:59:00
05:59:13 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Connecting to http://api.bitcoincharts.com/v1/trades.csv?symbol=mtgoxUSD&start=1386457140
05:59:17 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD5.hst
05:59:17 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD15.hst
05:59:17 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD30.hst
05:59:17 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD60.hst
05:59:17 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD240.hst
05:59:17 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD1440.hst
05:59:17 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD10080.hst
05:59:17 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD43200.hst
05:59:31 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD5.hst
05:59:31 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD15.hst
05:59:31 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD30.hst
05:59:31 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD60.hst
05:59:31 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD240.hst
05:59:31 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD1440.hst
05:59:31 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD10080.hst
05:59:31 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD43200.hst
05:59:31 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Successfully imported 499 M1 bars!
05:59:31 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD1.hst
05:59:31 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: initialized
05:59:51 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: deinit()
05:59:51 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: deinitialized
05:59:51 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: uninit reason 5
05:59:51 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: init()
05:59:51 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: Alert: eKVM-BTC-Chart v1.2: Please donate to bitcoin address 1PoFqwBCM8AgGKwJsZWJNygQY2CbGyhAW9\n\nNOTE: To rebuild the tick data, delete C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD1.hst
05:59:51 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1 inputs: DebugEnabled=true; UpdateOnInit=true; AllTimeframes=true; SymbolName="mtgoxUSD";
05:59:52 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD1.hst
05:59:52 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Retrieving ticks since 2013.12.08 07:59:00
05:59:52 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Connecting to http://api.bitcoincharts.com/v1/trades.csv?symbol=mtgoxUSD&start=1386489540
05:59:53 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Successfully imported 0 M1 bars!
05:59:53 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD1.hst
05:59:53 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: initialized
06:00:01 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: deinit()
06:00:01 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: deinitialized
06:00:01 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: uninit reason 5
06:00:01 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: init()
06:00:01 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: Alert: eKVM-BTC-Chart v1.2: Please donate to bitcoin address 1PoFqwBCM8AgGKwJsZWJNygQY2CbGyhAW9\n\nNOTE: To rebuild the tick data, delete C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD1.hst
06:00:01 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1 inputs: DebugEnabled=true; UpdateOnInit=true; AllTimeframes=true; SymbolName="mtgoxUSD";
06:00:02 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD1.hst
06:00:02 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Retrieving ticks since 2013.12.08 07:59:00
06:00:02 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Connecting to http://api.bitcoincharts.com/v1/trades.csv?symbol=mtgoxUSD&start=1386489540
06:00:04 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Successfully imported 0 M1 bars!
06:00:04 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD1.hst
06:00:04 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: initialized
06:00:09 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: deinit()
06:00:09 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: deinitialized
06:00:09 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: uninit reason 5
06:00:09 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: init()
06:00:09 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: Alert: eKVM-BTC-Chart v1.2: Please donate to bitcoin address 1PoFqwBCM8AgGKwJsZWJNygQY2CbGyhAW9\n\nNOTE: To rebuild the tick data, delete C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD1.hst
06:00:09 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1 inputs: DebugEnabled=true; UpdateOnInit=true; AllTimeframes=true; SymbolName="mtgoxUSD";
06:00:10 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD1.hst
06:00:10 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Retrieving ticks since 2013.12.08 07:59:00
06:00:10 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Connecting to http://api.bitcoincharts.com/v1/trades.csv?symbol=mtgoxUSD&start=1386489540
06:00:11 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Successfully imported 0 M1 bars!
06:00:11 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD1.hst
06:00:11 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: initialized
06:00:30 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: loaded successfully
06:00:34 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15 inputs: DebugEnabled=true; UpdateOnInit=true; AllTimeframes=true; SymbolName="mtgoxUSD";
06:00:34 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: init()
06:00:34 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: Alert: eKVM-BTC-Chart v1.2: Please donate to bitcoin address 1PoFqwBCM8AgGKwJsZWJNygQY2CbGyhAW9\n\nNOTE: To rebuild the tick data, delete C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD1.hst
06:00:35 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD1.hst
06:00:35 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: Retrieving ticks since 2013.12.08 07:59:00
06:00:35 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: Connecting to http://api.bitcoincharts.com/v1/trades.csv?symbol=mtgoxUSD&start=1386489540
06:00:40 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD5.hst
06:00:40 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD15.hst
06:00:40 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD30.hst
06:00:40 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD60.hst
06:00:40 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD240.hst
06:00:40 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD1440.hst
06:00:40 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD10080.hst
06:00:40 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD43200.hst
06:00:54 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD5.hst
06:00:54 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD15.hst
06:00:54 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD30.hst
06:00:54 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD60.hst
06:00:54 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD240.hst
06:00:54 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD1440.hst
06:00:54 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD10080.hst
06:00:54 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD43200.hst
06:00:54 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: Successfully imported 1 M1 bars!
06:00:54 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD1.hst
06:00:54 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: initialized
06:01:07 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: TRACE: deinit()
06:01:07 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: deinitialized
06:01:07 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: uninit reason 4
06:01:07 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 mtgoxUSD,M15: removed
06:01:09 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: TRACE: deinit()
06:01:09 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: deinitialized
06:01:09 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: uninit reason 4
06:01:09 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 EURUSD,M1: removed
06:01:35 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: loaded successfully
06:01:44 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1 inputs: DebugEnabled=true; UpdateOnInit=true; AllTimeframes=true; SymbolName="mtgoxUSD";
06:01:44 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: init()
06:01:44 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: Alert: eKVM-BTC-Chart v1.2: Please donate to bitcoin address 1PoFqwBCM8AgGKwJsZWJNygQY2CbGyhAW9\n\nNOTE: To rebuild the tick data, delete C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD1.hst
06:01:45 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD1.hst
06:01:45 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: Retrieving ticks since 2013.12.08 08:00:00
06:01:45 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: Connecting to http://api.bitcoincharts.com/v1/trades.csv?symbol=mtgoxUSD&start=1386489600
06:01:45 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD5.hst
06:01:45 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD15.hst
06:01:45 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD30.hst
06:01:45 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD60.hst
06:01:45 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD240.hst
06:01:45 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD1440.hst
06:01:45 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD10080.hst
06:01:45 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: Opening file C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-USDDemo02\mtgoxUSD43200.hst
06:01:59 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD5.hst
06:01:59 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD15.hst
06:01:59 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD30.hst
06:01:59 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD60.hst
06:01:59 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD240.hst
06:01:59 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD1440.hst
06:01:59 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD10080.hst
06:01:59 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD43200.hst
06:01:59 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: Successfully imported 1 M1 bars!
06:01:59 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: Closing file mtgoxUSD1.hst
06:01:59 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: initialized
06:12:21 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: TRACE: deinit()
06:12:21 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: deinitialized
06:12:21 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: uninit reason 4
06:12:21 eKVM-BTC-Chart_v1.2 GBPUSD,H1: removed

kvm (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:11:00 PM

Hi kvm!
The expert adivsor is enabled (smiley face) and currency to attach the script is in EURUSD (also tried using GPBUSD), there is always some movement on it.

Here is the log file, I did remove the history files and imported csv again after it and enabled the advisor multiple times..

Thanks for the help!

There are no errors or anything strange in the log! Could you try with UpdateOnInit=false?

If the problem still exists I will send you a build with more logs!
MarCoin

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 02:43:12 PM

Are you really sure it is 100% legal to make a service based on MT4?
It may bring problems for the website who hosts the service. A broker who provides a MT4 service to it's users has to pay about 100K dollars..
kvm (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:09:11 PM

Are you really sure it is 100% legal to make a service based on MT4?
It may bring problems for the website who hosts the service. A broker who provides a MT4 service to it's users has to pay about 100K dollars..

From my understanding of this, brokers have to pay for the right to use the server that the clients talk to. But the clients are free of charge. I'm not sure, but how can be illegal to use their own API to save some data to a file and open it like a MT4 document for example? I'm not a lawyer, and maybe my theories are not that great!
MarCoin

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:01:37 PM

Of couse, that was one of my toughts... i'm not 100% sure of this too  Grin
DonBit

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 08:57:28 PM

Hey kvm, it started working again but I did not do anything. Probaly some problem with bitcoincharts API?
If it happens again I will try to use UpdateOnInit=false settings to try to solve the problem instantly.\
Thank you!

kvm (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:55:31 AM

Hey, would you care and modify the script to match the API of DGEX.com exchange? It's the first exchange that allows trading NXT, the new 100% proof-of-stake coin. Nextcoin is just 4 weeks young and it's already gotten a huge attention in the cryptocurrency community. I'm sure the Nextcoin community would appreciate it.

Sounds very interesting! I will try to modify the scripts.
delulo

Activity: 441

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:40:09 AM

How do I know for sure that is is not a trojan or something? I am downloading an exe...I guess many tried it out but that doesnt mean anything. Could activate in a few month...
KVM what is your incentive do provide this?

bit-fxtrader

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:22:35 AM

Greetings,

Forex broker www.FXOpen.com has BTCUSD data.  You will have to enable it in the "symbols"  section. [ right click on any currency pair and select symbols -> crypto ]

have fun!

The data pulled is from btc-e right? Are the spreads displayed correct and is there lag compared to btc-e MT4?

Also looking for any bitcoin data in mt4 format from any of the major 3 usd exchanges. Preferable if it's 1 min but I'll take anything you have.
kvm (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:00:34 PM

How do I know for sure that is is not a trojan or something? I am downloading an exe...I guess many tried it out but that doesnt mean anything. Could activate in a few month...

The original idea was to make some money by trading mtgox pairs by myself. But the result was not very good. So I've decided to share it. I would be happy if someone find it helpfull and donates some btc.

And yes, I argee that running a script with "Allow DLL imports" option is a little bit dangerous! Because of that, I've wrote the offline version sKVM-BTC-Import! It doesn't need "Allow DLL imports", because it uses only internal MT4 API functions which are perfectly safe!
delulo

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:11:13 PM

The original idea was to make some money by trading mtgox pairs by myself. But the result was not very good. So I've decided to share it. I would be happy if someone find it helpfull and donates some btc.

And yes, I argee that running a script with "Allow DLL imports" option is a little bit dangerous! Because of that, I've wrote the offline version sKVM-BTC-Import! It doesn't need "Allow DLL imports", because it uses only internal MT4 API functions which are perfectly safe!

Thanks for your reply. Does this mean that every time I want to refresh the chart I have to manually download a new file?
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 08:18:13 PM

Thanks for your reply. Does this mean that every time I want to refresh the chart I have to manually download a new file?

no. You run the updater all the time and it streams the live trades.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
kvm (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:13:42 PM

no. You run the updater all the time and it streams the live trades.

1. In case if you are using only the sKVM-BTC-Import - YES, you have to manually download the file and import it every time you want to refresh the chart!
Cons:
- requires user actions
- generates a lot of network traffic
- csv files are updated every 2-3 hours
Pros:
+ MetaTrader API protects your system

2. In case if you are using the eKVM-BTC-Chart - NO, just as joesmoe2012 said!
Cons:
- you have to trust me Smiley
Pros:
+ auto update
+ ticks are updated every 5-7 minutes
delulo

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:46:07 PM

Thanks for your feedback! I trust you Smiley but I am very focused on security. Is there another 100% secure way to get Bitcoin auto updated charts into MT? I just use MT to analyze not to trade...
kvm (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:17:48 PM

Thanks for your feedback! I trust you Smiley but I am very focused on security. Is there another 100% secure way to get Bitcoin auto updated charts into MT? I just use MT to analyze not to trade...

For MtGox exchange, as far as I know there is no other way!

I recommend you to take a look at this exchange: btc-e.com. They have their own MT server and no third party software is required!
delulo

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:35:41 PM

I recommend you to take a look at this exchange: btc-e.com. They have their own MT server and no third party software is required!

I trade on Bitstamp. But I could just open an account on btc-e to use ther MT4 service?
kvm (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:40:51 PM

I trade on Bitstamp. But I could just open an account on btc-e to use ther MT4 service?

Yes, then just go to Profile | Meta Trader and open a demo MT account!
delulo

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:17:11 PM

Yes, then just go to Profile | Meta Trader and open a demo MT account!

Thanks kvm. Certainly gives you credibility Wink
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:13:19 PM

Why go through all that work when you could just use BTC-E's MT4 platform?
kvm (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:22:29 PM

Why go through all that work when you could just use BTC-E's MT4 platform?

Actually I'm running the script inside Btc-e terminal to watch closely and other exchanges - Mtgox and Bitstamp in my case!

I've also just released the Nextcoin version of the script: https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,3050.0.html
bit-fxtrader

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:55:32 PM

Has anyone adapted this for BTC China?

Also curious if there's a way to plugin cryptsy's feed? They have tons of alt coins, looking for a way to get MT4 charts on these.
kvm (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:17:26 PM

Also curious if there's a way to plugin cryptsy's feed? They have tons of alt coins, looking for a way to get MT4 charts on these.

I've examined the BTC China's API and at first glance I think it can be done! Cryptsy in other hand doesn't provide API to download history data!
bit-fxtrader

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:13:49 AM

I've examined the BTC China's API and at first glance I think it can be done! Cryptsy in other hand doesn't provide API to download history data!

So basically I need a live feed for gox, btc china, bitstamp and btc-e in one mt4 with a lag <5 secs.

If the script you create for BTC China doesn't lag behind BTC China for more then 3-5 secs I will send you a 5$ tip in btc. Not much I know but maybe others interested can pool in too and get this done.
kvm (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:18:54 PM

So basically I need a live feed for gox, btc china, bitstamp and btc-e in one mt4 with a lag <5 secs.

If the script you create for BTC China doesn't lag behind BTC China for more then 3-5 secs I will send you a 5$ tip in btc. Not much I know but maybe others interested can pool in too and get this done.

I'm sorry to say this but with this approach that kind of lag can't be achieved! The main reason is because the script can't be connected all the time using tcp socket to receive realtime tick data!

I'm planning to rewrite it in Java as standalone app, but don't know when I have time to do it!
bit-fxtrader

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:31:49 PM

I'm sorry to say this but with this approach that kind of lag can't be achieved! The main reason is because the script can't be connected all the time using tcp socket to receive realtime tick data!

I'm planning to rewrite it in Java as standalone app, but don't know when I have time to do it!

ah i see. do you know of any trading software that can display btc china charts/feed?
kvm (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:42:24 PM

ah i see. do you know of any trading software that can display btc china charts/feed?

Have no idea!
mcb-kcb

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:08:16 PM

Gox has fallen out of circulation - are new versions for example btc-e?
kvm (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:16:04 PM

Gox has fallen out of circulation - are new versions for example btc-e?

No need for new version! Just change the default value ('mtgoxUSD') of the SymbolName parameter to whatever you choose from this list:

http://api.bitcoincharts.com/v1/csv/
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:38:41 AM

With the depth and breadth of liquidity sources available, high-powered algorithmic execution, smart order routing, and free tick-by-tick data.

OCG

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:23:23 PM

Anyone running MT4 with Btc-e on a daily basis?
Sonicafund.com

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 04:33:51 AM

Is there a way to keep all ticks we have in the csv files in MT4 ? This tool and others seem to filter out only M1 data at best means they throw away most of the available tick data. For precise backtesting this is pretty useless for some strategies.
kvm (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 03:22:35 PM

The import script is now available on the MetaTrader market for free: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/3704
kvm (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 01:25:36 PM

NEW ticker application is now available on the MetaTrader market for free:

for MetaTrader 4:  https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/11659

for MetaTrader 5:  https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/11660
GMK

Activity: 61

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:45:47 PM

real time ticks are possible? how it works?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: