Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:42:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP WITH RIG  (Read 1914 times)
elvisrene (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:53:14 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2013, 09:36:06 PM by elvisrene

thanks guys its going better now and i lowered the temp to 72
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:30:35 AM

That's much better Smiley

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
elvisrene (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:23:36 PM

Your settings are all messed up because all you're throwing is hardware errors

Please use the 7950 (high usage) defaults specified in GUIminer-scrypt
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150331.0

Also please cool your cards better or turn down the voltages, you're going to kill them very quickly
thanks taco im using your settings at the start i did not  understand that you had to add a new machine for each card but still it is not giving me full speed in the pool im running 3 msi twin froz 7950 . When i set the settings high i get less kh/s im still unable to reach 500 on each one..

That's much better Smiley

Hey mufa23 thanks for helping me out...  now all i need is some pci raisers
ryantc

Activity: 329

Bitcoin may be the TCP/IP of money.

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 09:12:53 PM

you can actually use all your cards to mine under the same worker, you can but you don't have to separate them.
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 09:43:30 PM

Your settings are all messed up because all you're throwing is hardware errors

Please use the 7950 (high usage) defaults specified in GUIminer-scrypt
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150331.0

Also please cool your cards better or turn down the voltages, you're going to kill them very quickly

Hmmm, I thought 90c was sustainable but not ideal? As long as I get 18months out of it thats all I need...
elvisrene (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:24:00 PM

you can actually use all your cards to mine under the same worker, you can but you don't have to separate them.
ok no problem will do but i still cant get them to there full potential...can any one help please 
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 05:29:22 PM

THANKS GUYS AND sorry but i didn't know this was a spelling forum

Writing like you did in your opening post is equivalent to turning up to your sister's wedding piss drunk, knocking out the groom and banging your dick on the altar.

LOL

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
Ryu.Hayabusa

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:31:17 PM

Not sure if you already built the rig with 5, but id suggest splitting to 2 rigs with 2-3 in each to avoid lots of headaches. Smiley

If I was able to help you out, please consider donating.  Any amount is greatly appreciated! Smiley         
LTC LYxUfCXVHVkBv2S8H21NK6UnFnXmNaVqv6   XRP rHAYiZ3f7QGLa4qsVPjLsVEmwUQ9nSMq86
BBQKorv

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:52:13 PM

Not sure if you already built the rig with 5, but id suggest splitting to 2 rigs with 2-3 in each to avoid lots of headaches. Smiley

What is this, one can easily put 5-6 GPUs per rig and benefit nothing from having double the amount of mobos, cpus, rams, psus, etc.
What kind of headaches have you faced when building 5-6 GPU rigs?
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 05:12:04 PM

What is this, one can easily put 5-6 GPUs per rig and benefit nothing from having double the amount of mobos, cpus, rams, psus, etc.
What kind of headaches have you faced when building 5-6 GPU rigs?

Powered risers.

In my experience, running 4+ cards without powered risers will cause the main power connecter on the MB to burn up, literally charred.

Remember each of those GPUS has the potential to pull an additional 75 watts through the PCI-Express bus (This is in addition to the external PCI-E power connectors). At four cards you are looking at a potential of 300 watts being pulled through the MB from the main MB power connector and through the PCI-Express bus. This is on top of the requirements of the CPU and chip set.

The solution to this is using powered riser in addition to the normal risers you will be using. (I  hope one is not trying to run 4+ cards directly on the MB, you would never be able to dissipate the heat.)

I used run my rigs with 4 cards w/ a powered riser, but for some reason the powered risers seemed to start causing their own issues. It eventually became easier to just run three cards per rig and save a lot of headaches.

Just my experience and 2 cents...Take it or leave it.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: