Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:26:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade simulator 2.0 [Fully automated paper trade competition]  (Read 5452 times)
RyNinDaCleM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 01:24:00 AM

Congrats to tynx as the first player to double their account value. Glad this is more than a hodlers game.

Nice website, I'll register soon
And thanks for not putting a thousand trackers

I just begged Rynin to add a TROLLBOX to the game - what do you guys think?
Yup!

No problem! It's not really my style to have a million cookies. It just isn't what I'm about.

I have been very busy lately, so not a lot of dev being accomplished. About the troll box, this can likely add a lot of bandwidth usage and require a lot upkeep as in moderation to an extent, so I will consider it but I do not guarantee anything.

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:41:21 AM

About the trollbox you can look for an HTML IRC plugin and test it with a random, unused channel on a big server
And no moderation is needed IMO, in the worst case if people become stupid you just stop the test
But just do as you feel and can Smiley

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
RyNinDaCleM (OP)
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 12:01:58 PM

About the trollbox you can look for an HTML IRC plugin and test it with a random, unused channel on a big server
And no moderation is needed IMO, in the worst case if people become stupid you just stop the test

Just for the record, the moderation is more in spam and unsafe links department. I wouldn't moderate core vs classic type talks like a certain thermos that shall remain unnamed.  Smiley

secousa

Activity: 203
Merit: 151

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 10:06:22 PM

instead of an on-site trollbox perhaps a slack / discord / chatzy group could be opened for bit-simulator? while not ideal (in the sense that users would need to have 2 tabs open), it provides similar functionality to a trollbox

Will work for BTC. 13CcdYdeTLH9GxKWpeNh7aAoFokbUTQZRu
http://bit-sim.trade
secousa

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 06:19:06 PM

Since RyNinDaCleM is a bit busy these days with IRL things, I thought it would be a good time for me to push a small update to the simulator.

Bit-sim is now easier to use on mobile devices. Of course, since the screen size is smaller, there is less detail available on screen.. but now its easier to place trades and such via the mobile browser. For the full experience, a PC or something with a larger screen (like a tablet) is still needed.

While we've targeted the iPhone resolution for this update, we would really like to get feedback from users to see how the site appears on their mobile device of choice. If you prefer not to share that info publicly in the thread, send me a PM. In order for the report to be useful, I need to know the device information (example: Samsung Galaxy S7) and preferably a screenshot of how the site looks.

There was also a small bug fix related to the arrow next to the price. It was wrapping onto the next line, so we've placed it back in its place. 4 digits before the decimal problems  Roll Eyes

Afrikoin
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 07:43:17 PM

Since RyNinDaCleM is a bit busy these days with IRL things, I thought it would be a good time for me to push a small update to the simulator.

Bit-sim is now easier to use on mobile devices. Of course, since the screen size is smaller, there is less detail available on screen.. but now its easier to place trades and such via the mobile browser. For the full experience, a PC or something with a larger screen (like a tablet) is still needed.

While we've targeted the iPhone resolution for this update, we would really like to get feedback from users to see how the site appears on their mobile device of choice. If you prefer not to share that info publicly in the thread, send me a PM. In order for the report to be useful, I need to know the device information (example: Samsung Galaxy S7) and preferably a screenshot of how the site looks.

There was also a small bug fix related to the arrow next to the price. It was wrapping onto the next line, so we've placed it back in its place. 4 digits before the decimal problems  Roll Eyes

My iphone dropped in water while on vacay

Im now using a low end android Tecno phone. Cost me about $50. Mostly use my computer though.

But i will give it a try on my phone and share feedback.

Great tool!

Thanks guys

Question, do you guys plan to open source it? Or open it up to a wider audience via partnerships?

I mean, i have some trader who would like to paper trade, but they are not as knee deep into BTC as I am. So bitcointalk is a bit of an ask.

A webpage however, would be different.

Like a 'Kenyan' Bitcoin trading competition limited to people i know. That sort of thing.

Thinking out loud here

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

secousa

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 08:07:32 PM

My iphone dropped in water while on vacay

Im now using a low end android Tecno phone. Cost me about $50. Mostly use my computer though.

But i will give it a try on my phone and share feedback.

Great tool!

Thanks guys

Question, do you guys plan to open source it? Or open it up to a wider audience via partnerships?

I mean, i have some trader who would like to paper trade, but they are not as knee deep into BTC as I am. So bitcointalk is a bit of an ask.

A webpage however, would be different.

Like a 'Kenyan' Bitcoin trading competition limited to people i know. That sort of thing.

Thinking out loud here

Afrikoin --

Open source: This is definitely something that RyN and I will discuss. I can state that at this moment, we have not had that discussion yet, and right now the code is still not optimal for publishing. If or when we publish, we want to make sure folks can understand what the code is doing, so there is a bit of cleanup and documentation that needs to take place before it could even get to that point.

As far as wider audience... the site is actually open to anyone that would like to register. They do not need to be a bitcointalk member, nor need to let us know who they are - just have to pick a handle and start paper trading. The target audience at this time is bitcointalk members, because the inspiration came from here.

Your idea for a "Kenyan" BTC trading competition is also something we have not looked into yet, but it definitely sounds interesting. We have briefly discussed competitions, but more in a public sense e.g. any user registered to the site can participate. I'll chat up RyN about this and see how he feels. Off the top of my head, we can accomplish this without open sourcing the code at this time - it would simply require cloning the code + database to another directory / subdomain.

For now, if you're interested in getting a private group set up, send me a PM and we can discuss it.

All --
Thanks to a user that sent me a PM with a screenshot of the site on Android, we fixed a bug related to the current price display.

Pruden

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

Spanish Bitcoin trader

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 09:49:43 AM

Things are getting very tight at the top! Ten players within 5%.  Shocked
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 10:40:04 AM

Just for the record, the moderation is more in spam and unsafe links department. I wouldn't moderate core vs classic type talks like a certain thermos that shall remain unnamed.  Smiley

*snort*

(Aside: following with interest, but didn't sign up yet... sorry :/)

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Afrikoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 08:35:49 PM

Afrikoin --

Open source: This is definitely something that RyN and I will discuss. I can state that at this moment, we have not had that discussion yet, and right now the code is still not optimal for publishing. If or when we publish, we want to make sure folks can understand what the code is doing, so there is a bit of cleanup and documentation that needs to take place before it could even get to that point.

As far as wider audience... the site is actually open to anyone that would like to register. They do not need to be a bitcointalk member, nor need to let us know who they are - just have to pick a handle and start paper trading. The target audience at this time is bitcointalk members, because the inspiration came from here.

Your idea for a "Kenyan" BTC trading competition is also something we have not looked into yet, but it definitely sounds interesting. We have briefly discussed competitions, but more in a public sense e.g. any user registered to the site can participate. I'll chat up RyN about this and see how he feels. Off the top of my head, we can accomplish this without open sourcing the code at this time - it would simply require cloning the code + database to another directory / subdomain.

For now, if you're interested in getting a private group set up, send me a PM and we can discuss it.

All --
Thanks to a user that sent me a PM with a screenshot of the site on Android, we fixed a bug related to the current price display.

Thank you.

will be in touch.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Chainsaw

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

x

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 09:35:36 PM

Take or leave all of this...
I'd love to see one of two growth paths:

1. Ability to choose your leverage amount, between say 1x and 10x, when you enter a trade.
2. The existing game remains unchanged, but a second, quarterly competition is added, wherein leverage can either be chosen within the aforementioned range, or at a fixed value to diversify the pack more rapidly for the shorter timeframe.  (Also no/smaller market fee, or no fee for limit orders, also to promote action)

The remainder are technical thoughts:

In thinking about a lowest-impact way to implement leverage...there are two jobs - one easy, one more tricky.
1. Calculate gains/loss at time of trade exit, multiplying effect of leverage.
2. Liquidation check.

1 is easy. Later, an 'interest charge' can be calculated. There's all sorts of things you could simulate, including letting players lend instead of leverage, but that is for later.
2 - I've been thinking on it awhile. You need a way for it to be accurate, but not resource intensive.  For example: If someone goes 10x long at $1000, if the price hits $900, even for one second, you should be liquidated.  It would be grossly inaccurate to only do an hourly check of price, for example.  But you don't want to have to check every price for liquidation, every price check.  Here's what I came up with:

Two single, game-wide values - liquidationLow, liquidationHigh. (These are cleared when exiting leveraged trades)
Every time a player makes a trade of newValue, two additional UPDATEs occur:
a) MAX(liquidationLow, newValue)
b) MIN(liquidationHigh, newValue)

I assume that no centralized job processing currently occurs.
This would need to occur with the same frequency as the price updates.
In the common case, CURRENT_PRICE will be neither below the liquidationLow, or above the liquidationHigh.
When it is, a SELECT can retrieve the players whose liquidationAmount is above/below the price update.
They can be liquidated appropriately, when-and-only-when a liquidation price occurs.

(Once you have a central source determining price, you could always, later, update the clients to just get AJAX updates from source rather than having each ping CoinDesk, but I once again digress :-)  )
Each player can store its liquidation value, and a select can retrieve those players above/below the liquidation value.

TL;DR - Two games - the existing long-term, plus a quarterly with either fixed leverage or the ability to choose. Secondary option, still only one game, but ability to choose leverage per-trade.  Gratuitous technical dreaming ensues.

Love the game, looking forward to continuing to play.

RyNinDaCleM (OP)
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 01:08:24 AM

Take or leave all of this...
I'd love to see one of two growth paths:

1. Ability to choose your leverage amount, between say 1x and 10x, when you enter a trade.
2. The existing game remains unchanged, but a second, quarterly competition is added, wherein leverage can either be chosen within the aforementioned range, or at a fixed value to diversify the pack more rapidly for the shorter timeframe.  (Also no/smaller market fee, or no fee for limit orders, also to promote action)

The remainder are technical thoughts:

In thinking about a lowest-impact way to implement leverage...there are two jobs - one easy, one more tricky.
1. Calculate gains/loss at time of trade exit, multiplying effect of leverage.
2. Liquidation check.

1 is easy. Later, an 'interest charge' can be calculated. There's all sorts of things you could simulate, including letting players lend instead of leverage, but that is for later.
2 - I've been thinking on it awhile. You need a way for it to be accurate, but not resource intensive.  For example: If someone goes 10x long at $1000, if the price hits $900, even for one second, you should be liquidated.  It would be grossly inaccurate to only do an hourly check of price, for example.  But you don't want to have to check every price for liquidation, every price check.  Here's what I came up with:

Two single, game-wide values - liquidationLow, liquidationHigh. (These are cleared when exiting leveraged trades)
Every time a player makes a trade of newValue, two additional UPDATEs occur:
a) MAX(liquidationLow, newValue)
b) MIN(liquidationHigh, newValue)

I assume that no centralized job processing currently occurs.
This would need to occur with the same frequency as the price updates.
In the common case, CURRENT_PRICE will be neither below the liquidationLow, or above the liquidationHigh.
When it is, a SELECT can retrieve the players whose liquidationAmount is above/below the price update.
They can be liquidated appropriately, when-and-only-when a liquidation price occurs.

(Once you have a central source determining price, you could always, later, update the clients to just get AJAX updates from source rather than having each ping CoinDesk, but I once again digress :-)  )
Each player can store its liquidation value, and a select can retrieve those players above/below the liquidation value.

TL;DR - Two games - the existing long-term, plus a quarterly with either fixed leverage or the ability to choose. Secondary option, still only one game, but ability to choose leverage per-trade.  Gratuitous technical dreaming ensues.

Love the game, looking forward to continuing to play.

Actually checking for fl's on every price update would probably be fine and fairly easy. We would store liquidation points in the db and it is as simple as adding a new column. We already check for limit order executions on every price update, so it's as simple as call8ng a second function during that check. It could even return all three on one query. I'd have to look closer.

Sorry I haven't been around much. I am very busy running a business and work is piling up, so I apologize. I haven't forgotten about this or your (chainsaw) other ideas, I simply haven't been around.

And thanks to secousa for keeping things rolling and doing the whole pr thing when I can't be around.

Chainsaw

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

x

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 12:41:21 AM

Second time I got majorly screwed by a bug which keeps you from being able to execute on market trade. Best guess is it occurs after having a limit order, clearing it... and then you are in a state where you cannot market trade, despite logging in and out.

If I were guessing, there is a duplicate flag of some sort indicating whether a limit order exists and it fails to get cleared.

No amount of logging in and out fixes it, you just can't trade. And then some hours pass and you can again.

RyNinDaCleM (OP)
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 04:29:34 PM

Second time I got majorly screwed by a bug which keeps you from being able to execute on market trade. Best guess is it occurs after having a limit order, clearing it... and then you are in a state where you cannot market trade, despite logging in and out.

If I were guessing, there is a duplicate flag of some sort indicating whether a limit order exists and it fails to get cleared.

No amount of logging in and out fixes it, you just can't trade. And then some hours pass and you can again.

That is very strange. I will take a look tonight if secousa doesn't have a fix first. The amount of hammering I have done on that button in testing, and I've never seen that.

secousa

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 08:52:57 PM

PM sent. I was not able to duplicate the bug at this time, but have asked for more info.

Pruden

Spanish Bitcoin trader

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 10:52:21 AM

I was gonna say "It's a fierce battle in the top 10" and then noticed 4 of them only hold.  Cheesy
Same for us in the 11-16 posts. Smiley
Afrikoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:15:38 PM

yeah

there should be some sort of penalty for pure holders.

So i was trying to trade the sell off and buy the bounce, but my account says i am -100. not sure what happened.

im not sure whether my trade got executed

I also suggest we add altcoins in the mix, or is this against forum rules? I would like to trade a portfolio

will also help keep track of alts. just a suggestion

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Pruden

Spanish Bitcoin trader

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:13:02 PM

I would by far prefer more refined trading: Stop orders, and position sizing.

I think this is more about trading than about knowing which alt to pick.

Maybe restart the game after the summer with some improvements?
ktabb

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 09:22:41 PM

This is neat! I didn't know this app existed! I created a similar one, but it's going to be focusing more on stocks soon.

www.demoinvestor.com

RyNinDaCleM (OP)
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:59:34 AM

yeah

there should be some sort of penalty for pure holders.

So i was trying to trade the sell off and buy the bounce, but my account says i am -100. not sure what happened.

im not sure whether my trade got executed

I also suggest we add altcoins in the mix, or is this against forum rules? I would like to trade a portfolio

will also help keep track of alts. just a suggestion

Shit what did you do? This happened in testing before release, and we had it fixed (or so we thought) I will take a look soon and if there are no objections, I will roll back your single last trade. I would only do this in the case of a clear glitch. Something with ajax is what I suspect.
Can you give me more details? where you hitting the trade button quickly or did the price show something odd?

I would by far prefer more refined trading: Stop orders, and position sizing.

I think this is more about trading than about knowing which alt to pick.

Maybe restart the game after the summer with some improvements?

I do plan to restart. I wanted to get some more features on it first and thoroughly tested, then get an eventual tournament going. BTC prizes? We'll see.
I've just been so busy lately, I can barely see straight.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: