Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 07:00:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC/USD down from top, getting ready to drop?  (Read 2258 times)
drawingthesun (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 01:21:46 AM

I expected 100 to be broken without any hassle at all, but now we have stopped and are sitting cautiously below 90.

I wonder what that means? This is actually feeling like the top because we have not added any major services in the last month and the rise has been because of speculation.

What do we do? Sell high and buy low? Or hold all the way to the bottom?
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 01:23:36 AM

I expected 100 to be broken without any hassle at all, but now we have stopped and are sitting cautiously below 90.

I wonder what that means? This is actually feeling like the top because we have not added any major services in the last month and the rise has been because of speculation.

Sell.  Buy back in the single digits.  The long slow slide has begun.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 01:27:55 AM

No chance, my virtual friends and I are buying up all the 'coin at $10-$15 so it'll never be single digits again...

...unless we're discussing dollar price per mBTC of course. Grin

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
Missionary

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 01:29:15 AM

When non-tech friends of mine are asking me for help on how to get bitcoins, that's a signal for me that we still have not peaked. The current drop or flat-out could just be because of the long weekend. No banks are open (at least not in Sweden) during friday-monday this weekend.

I am an evangelical missionary heading to China. Donations are welcome here (dedicated wallet): 1H8iswayfTaRb6oe2WjMCRmchBJHYyfx9z
You can find more information about my plans here: http://btcmission.com
drawingthesun (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 01:36:09 AM

When non-tech friends of mine are asking me for help on how to get bitcoins, that's a signal for me that we still have not peaked. The current drop or flat-out could just be because of the long weekend. No banks are open (at least not in Sweden) during friday-monday this weekend.

Thanks, yeah I guess we can't really know what's going to happen until Monday/Tuesday depending where you live. Although I will kick myself if Tuesday comes and instead of $100 we get $10
Ichthyo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 01:38:31 AM

Proudhon, you are like a ghost: you need to repeat the actions from the first crash in 2011 over and over again... sell right before the top, buy back when it rebounds... Wink
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 01:38:36 AM

That is the exact opposite reasoning of what to do when being told of the legendary story about a rich man who owns stocks hearing the elevator boy wanting to buy stocks before the great crash of the market.

Seems like everything is bullish right now.
Missionary

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 01:42:28 AM

That is the exact opposite reasoning of what to do when being told of the legendary story about a rich man who owns stocks hearing the elevator boy wanting to buy stocks before the great crash of the market.

When my mom want's to buy, then I know that it's time to sell. This is NOT mass adoption, not by a long shot.

I am an evangelical missionary heading to China. Donations are welcome here (dedicated wallet): 1H8iswayfTaRb6oe2WjMCRmchBJHYyfx9z
You can find more information about my plans here: http://btcmission.com
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 01:44:38 AM

When my mom want's to buy, then I know that it's time to sell. This is NOT mass adoption, not by a long shot.

I do not think mass adoption is going to happen. So that is where we prob differ in opinion.
So when I hear about somewhat techy people asking about how to get bitcoin.. those ppl == ur mom.
Ichthyo

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 01:45:01 AM

This is quite true, with the exception of that e-government site (but I guess only few people have noticed that).
Overall this current action seems to be fuelled by anticipation, so basically we are in "bubble land". Which doesn't mean we can go on for longer than any reasonable bear has still coins left to sell...

Not being all in at the begin of an weekend is always a good idea.
Beyond that, probably it's a good idea just to follow and not trying to run ahead and not reacting on anything too hastily.
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 02:56:21 AM

This is quite true, with the exception of that e-government site (but I guess only few people have noticed that).
Overall this current action seems to be fuelled by anticipation, so basically we are in "bubble land". Which doesn't mean we can go on for longer than any reasonable bear has still coins left to sell...

It isn't even remotely true.

Expensify is a huge deal - added just a few days ago.

Bridgewalker is a service - released in usable beta last week - that is a real game-changer for adoption by the non-geek crowd.

Several others, too.  But facts don't interest you, I'm thinking.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
drawingthesun (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 04:57:44 AM

Bridgewalker is a service - released in usable beta last week - that is a real game-changer for adoption by the non-geek crowd.

Several others, too.  But facts don't interest you, I'm thinking.

Does https://www.expensify.com/ use Bitcoin? It says its completely free? And has no mention of Bitcoin on the homepage.

And what is Bridgewalker? Its not coming up on the first page of Google.

I'm not trolling and I am really interested in any new business that sells product or service for Bitcoin, but both of those examples are not very convincing.
Le Happy Merchant

Activity: 634

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 04:59:00 AM

Does https://www.expensify.com/ use Bitcoin? It says its completely free? And has no mention of Bitcoin on the homepage.

I'm not trolling and I am really interested in any new business that sells product or service for Bitcoin, but both of those examples are not very convincing.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-03-29/expensify-brings-bitcoin-to-main-street

https://www.bridgewalkerapp.com/

Look at these.

drawingthesun (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 05:44:28 AM

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-03-29/expensify-brings-bitcoin-to-main-street

https://www.bridgewalkerapp.com/

Look at these.

Cheers.

That Bridgewalker app looks really good. Neat idea to have a users balance held in USD using MtGox. This could catch on!
randrace

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 05:46:34 AM

proudhon classic!™
BTC Books

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 06:03:08 AM

That Bridgewalker app looks really good. Neat idea to have a users balance held in USD using MtGox. This could catch on!

I'm using Bridgewalker.  The developer is the same guy who created InstaWallet - lo, these many moons gone by.

I've already gotten one more bitcoiner added, using it.  It makes explanations almost unnecessary.

As for Expensify, you might want to try here:

http://falkvinge.net/2013/03/28/why-expensify-endorsing-bitcoin-is-a-really-big-deal-social-virality/

Maybe you've heard of Falkvinge...

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
aurora

Activity: 158

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 06:18:29 AM

dont worry folks. Once everyone gets enough bitcoins they can afford, they will realize nothing it cant be spend on but some weed, they will start selling.

Dym.game
Double your money. Use Martingale/anti strategies. 1 to 1 odds
Le Happy Merchant

Activity: 634

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 06:20:09 AM

dont worry folks. Once everyone gets enough bitcoins they can afford, they will realize nothing it cant be spend on but some weed, they will start selling.

Selling into weed, not USD.

tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 07:25:41 AM

Sites my begin to accept bitcoins or not but you should include also new sites created by bitcoin users too. And this amount is constantly rising.

Ichthyo

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 12:42:23 AM

...because we have not added any major services in the last month and the rise has been because of speculation.

But facts don't interest you, I'm thinking.

Attentively observing the facts, but I keep my stance.
Expensify -  yet another "might be a bit deal" if it takes off
Bridgewalker - yet another nifty Bitcoin wallet, which could take off when bitcoin would be in more widespread use

All of this is fine and a long term bullish sign.
But right now, the actual utility of Bitcoin does not justify the price leap.
Conclusion is, the price leap is driven by anticipation. Which means, we are in a bubble. Period.

This does not indicate it will pop tomorrow. This does not even indicate the rate will totally crash (sorry Proudhon).
Just tune down your exuberance by some degrees, people.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: