Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:47:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: World's wilderness reduced by a tenth since 1990s  (Read 1238 times)
saddampbuh (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 10:22:38 AM

...to make way for more blacks and their mud huts

how about our governments do something to limit the third world population instead of fucking about with petrol and airport taxes

A tenth of the world's wilderness has vanished in the past two decades, research shows.

New maps show "alarming losses" of pristine landscapes, particularly in South America and Africa, according to World Conservation Society scientists.

They argue in Current Biology that wild areas are ignored in international conservation agreements, despite their ecological and cultural value.

About 20% of the world's land area is classed as wilderness.

By this, scientists mean landscapes free of large-scale human disturbances such as housing, development and industry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-37307519

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2016, 10:36:12 AM

You really think that forest are being cut just for poor people to have a place for a new wooden hut? This is nonsense pall. Most of the wild areas are being exploited for rare and valuable wood/three species. Export/import of these, will tell you who is actually responsible for wilderness shrinking.
Second thing is coffee, majority of 3rd world country's that can support coffee plants is under "attack" of illegal coffee plantations and those are a major factor of deforestation.

Its not the poor peoples fault, its the western consumptionism.

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 10:56:06 AM

You should compare the population of giraffes and men in Kenya during the last 100 years. It's alarming, but the same thing has already happened in Europe. There used to be wild boars, wolves and bears all over Europe. They're all gone.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
MadHatZ

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 12:42:11 PM

Just leave them alone. It's there right to reproduce. Just don't take their precious metals, oil, minerals etc. Just leave them on their own. But don't make them move on other continent. Eventually, nature has the best solution to over population.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [D]ecentralized application [E]liminated third parties [C]ontent distribution
  █ DECENT FOUNDATION    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░   JOIN NOW! ICO ⏰ 10th of September
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [E]ncrypted & secure         [N]o borders                  [T]imeless reputation
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 05:12:03 AM

I see two issues.. Western Consumption (or 1st world Nation consumption)

2nd of all is we have "rising* countries / nations / regions.
We have them watching us in Canada and thinking we want what they have !
So who are we to say we can live in Luxury while you live in mud hut ?

I worked for Value Village around 2005 and i had to unload the bailer/compacter when it was full of clothes that were pulled off the store floor daily that did not sell.
Every single day.. all day we produced 1,000 lb bails of clothing.
I was the only staff member who used the forklift aside from a supervisor and a manager.
So i had to load all those bails on to Rigs with long trailers.
Where did the shit go ?
I was told Africa !

I also seen on TV the African clothing markets where they sell the shit to each other.

So at some point these other countries are going to get sick of "hand me downs"

Look at Google or Facebook etc.. they are working over-time to bring Internet access to various places.

I don't blame them so much for over-population but that does concern me a little.
I blame ALL OF HUMANITY !

We are nothing but a disease.
We are maggots breeding rapidly on a spinning lump of rotting shit we call earth.
It's spiraling out of control gradually.

Check this out from PBS (The Current Mass Extinction)
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/03/2/l_032_04.html
One part of it points out how the population will double in something like 45 years.
That is fucking nuts and we are deep shit fast !

Another part of the problem is the decimation of wild life plant & animals.
We need to make a corridor for the animals to migrate north & south on North America.
Or they get trapped in regions then die off.

We are just seeing now that the importance of animals and trees etc are important.
Bee's for example are dying off and are needed for a lot of crops.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Masha Sha

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 05:55:57 AM

watch in satellite image the us... It's a plantation. Compensation by the us regime. They behave like in avatar.

Then look at pictures from the 90 and today... Breeding like rabbits has consequences. It's always easy to fight big animals and take their places... They don't evolve fast enough and don't have enough reproductive capacity... However in the extra small life... A few trillions individuals is nothing big... Then with even a very small rate of mutuation (accelerated by toxicity)... One hit, and many quadrillions individuals can raise faster than they can even be perceived.

Where do virus come from? Bacteries are already very complex beings...

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
saddampbuh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 09:58:13 AM

So who are we to say we can live in Luxury while you live in mud hut ?
they too could live at a higher standard if their populations were brought down to 1950s levels

for every one that gets out of poverty several more are born and kept alive to further pollute the earth with their own progeny by sjw westerners who provide them free food and medicine with no end in sight

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2016, 10:11:49 AM

Haha that one made me chuckle.  First you were like the West needs to send immigrants back to their countries. Now it seems that's not enough, you would rather they didn't reproduce in their own countries either Cheesy
You've cut down all the trees in your city to make room for buildings and now you miss the greenery but at the same time you don't want to give up your modern comfort. So your solution is to force third world countries to keep their forests so you can still enjoy nature on the National Geographic channel? the nerve!  Cheesy
saddampbuh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 10:53:48 AM

Haha that one made me chuckle.  First you were like the West needs to send immigrants back to their countries. Now it seems that's not enough, you would rather they didn't reproduce in their own countries either Cheesy
You've cut down all the trees in your city to make room for buildings and now you miss the greenery but at the same time you don't want to give up your modern comfort. So your solution is to force third world countries to keep their forests so you can still enjoy nature on the National Geographic channel? the nerve!  Cheesy
we are having children at the rate of 1.5 per female so why can't the muds? white countries' populations are in decline and we have plenty of greenery left, on the other hand 100% of pollution increase during this century is going to be driven by third world population growth

all population growth in developed countries is also immigrant driven and since those immigrants automatically acquire first world lifestyles the moment they touch down does it not stand to reason that sending them back would help the environment?

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 05:55:22 PM

It seems that you are thinking that it is all because of the African tribes who caused the reducement of wilderness.  How about those rich people who are not concern of anything even a tree but to just fatten their pocket.  They cut trees, flatten mountains to just build resorts, leisure parks, malls, and subdivisions.
PremiumCodeX

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 06:34:41 PM

I think, proper education and a balance in power help people in charge realize how important wilderness is for us, humans and how we still have not found a solution to replace all the gifts that it provides to people.

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 05:57:56 AM

You should compare the population of giraffes and men in Kenya during the last 100 years. It's alarming, but the same thing has already happened in Europe. There used to be wild boars, wolves and bears all over Europe. They're all gone.

i completely agree with you. Some species are in danger with an alarming rate . For that reason, we should preserve their natural habitat for their sake. Somethings must change immediately.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 06:34:06 AM

...to make way for more blacks and their mud huts

how about our governments do something to limit the third world population instead of fucking about with petrol and airport taxes

A tenth of the world's wilderness has vanished in the past two decades, research shows.

New maps show "alarming losses" of pristine landscapes, particularly in South America and Africa, according to World Conservation Society scientists.

They argue in Current Biology that wild areas are ignored in international conservation agreements, despite their ecological and cultural value.

About 20% of the world's land area is classed as wilderness.

By this, scientists mean landscapes free of large-scale human disturbances such as housing, development and industry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-37307519
They are not the problem, a significant amount of poor persons are self-sustaining, that basically means that although they don’t live in luxury they produce enough to sustain themselves and their families, the problem is overconsumption and complete lack of respect for nature
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 08:54:06 AM

LOL well said !
That was pretty much what i was thinking but you said it so much better hahahah  Cheesy

@The_Dark_Knight
Agreed.
Look at Papua New Guinea the tribes live in the Rain Forests and work with the land fine farming etc.

I just don't get why some people CHOOSE to live in dumb places.
Whether it's a 3rd world country with no water so they can't do any farming..
Or dumb Americans who live in Tornado alley or worse build Levy's in New Orleans LOL
There will be a flood and there will be more Tornado's.. call National Emergency then put your hand out ?

This is why i moved off of living on Vancouver Island.. in Canada.
It's nice enough but it is prone to Earthquakes..
And Islands are known for getting Tsunami's so.. fuck that shit LOL
Live on the Ring of Fire ?
Smarten up idiots !
I am looking at you Japan building Nuclear plants on fault lines on the ocean edge.

If you look at seismic reports the Ring-Of-Fire on Earth is angry and ramping up big time.
West coast of USA is going to get a savage beating and soon.. prepared ? of course not.
Hell i live in the middle of BC / CAN and it's quiet zone mostly and we got a 4.2 rattling our ass at 9:16 am today.

FUD first & ask questions later™
botija

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 09:48:59 AM

I can't imagine Africans living in mud huts within the environment, and probably eating things that they grow are reducing the world's wirderness. For some reason it just seems better for nature than building concrete buildings, with cars and roads. Op sounds like the type of person who if he was in power wouldn't care one bit about the Earth, and would be devising ways of exterminating those that he finds inferior. I could just imagine him reading that last sentence longing for such a power.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 05:05:59 PM

i completely agree with you. Some species are in danger with an alarming rate . For that reason, we should preserve their natural habitat for their sake. Somethings must change immediately.

it's sad really. I don't think a lot of people are aware or even care about how serious this issue is and how this needs to be taken seriously. even now we are feeling the effects of what we do to nature and the scary thing is, with the pace things are going, it may actually be too late for some of us before we realize our faults Sad

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Milkduds

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 05:34:50 PM

Its easy to sit back and judge people for the way they survive when you are having all the basic needs met.
The answer you dance around seems to be very narrow in thinking and achieves little but a racist talking point.
A!

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 11:19:31 PM

Why other countries are dictating other countries? Who gives them the right to do so?

virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 01:05:58 AM

Why other countries are dictating other countries? Who gives them the right to do so?
Economic and political interest mostly. They have the right because they have military and economic power. Countries do not have to obey the law they force onto their national citizens. There is no such thing as a "world law". You could say that countries make treaties with other countries, but Soviet Union and Nazi Germany also made treaties  Roll Eyes

Ever since 6000 years ago countries have invaded other countries, stolen resources, sabotage companies. It's not a new development.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌