Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:37:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ZCash Mining Guide  (Read 22731 times)
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 07:43:59 PM

Those cloud mining contracts are a total joke, only the providers will make money on them.  I doubt they will ever roi...

I think a bunch of rx470s is the sweet spot for watts to sol/s, you can get almost 20 sol/s with 1375 straps currently.  It is also likely there will be future improvement to make the miner faster and rx 470 is only $200.

Yeah. It is no longer profitable to mine cryptocurrencies, in my opinion. Especially with cloud mining, in which, you end up paying more in maintenance fees, contract, and other factors. (not to mention that most of them have been scams). That is why it is best to mine at home (depending on electricity rates in your country) with your very own mining rig, in which, you are certain that you will get the right amount of coins, and also you wouldn't risk losing most of your money when compared to cloud mining (if they scam you and run away with your money)

It will be pretty interesting how much mining difficulty would increase over time, once ZCash launches this Friday. If it gets enough interest, then the difficulty might rise very quickly, thus making it less possible to profit in short time. As for me, I will put my rig to mine right away when ZCash is launched immediately.  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 03:16:08 AM

Does it matter if we use addnode=alphatestnet.z.cash or betatestnet.z.cash?
superiorus
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 04:36:59 AM

Guys, what about cloud mining for ZCash?
It could be a solution?
For example mining in Microsoft Azure (there is 150$ free credit each month)
I have (and I can setup) 5 Azure accounts and mine on those (Windows or Linux) if is profitable.

kanoptx (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

www.cryptocompare.com

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 09:44:04 AM

It could be a solution?
I have (and I can setup) 5 Azure accounts and mine on those (Windows or Linux) if is profitable.

maybe NiceHash? I never used it but i think you buy hashing power directly off miners. should be better than genesis and so on. Cloud mining isn't a good option for Zcash i think:

people assume that cloud mining is dumb or a scam. but i think that it depends on what u're expecting from a coin. if u think a coin is going to rise like hell, then buy the coin. if you think the price is going to be stable and hashing power as well, then buy a contract. Price raises = more miners = less income. price stable = same miners = plausible ROI and profit. of course, nothing like hands on mining Tongue

superiorus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 10:57:50 AM

It could be a solution?

maybe NiceHash? I never used it but i think you buy hashing power directly off miners. should be better than genesis and so on. Cloud mining isn't a good option for Zcash i think:

people assume that cloud mining is dumb or a scam. but i think that it depends on what u're expecting from a coin. if u think a coin is going to rise like hell, then buy the coin. if you think the price is going to be stable and hashing power as well, then buy a contract. Price raises = more miners = less income. price stable = same miners = plausible ROI and profit. of course, nothing like hands on mining Tongue
Your answer does not have nothing to do with my question ... Wink
I understand that you want to increase your number of posts but with the new rules you should be more careful.
There is a risk to be excluded anytime

kanoptx (OP)

www.cryptocompare.com

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 11:08:34 AM

It could be a solution?

I understand that you want to increase your number of posts but with the new rules you should be more careful.

just read again Wink

"Guys, what about cloud mining for ZCash?"

"maybe NiceHash? I never used it but i think you buy hashing power directly off miners. should be better than genesis and so on."

then i ranted a bit about cloud mining contracts, which wasn't really related. but it was a bonus. I dont need to increase my post count lol. i rly dont care.

superiorus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 11:41:17 AM

It could be a solution?

just read again Wink

"maybe NiceHash? I never used it but i think you buy hashing power directly off miners. should be better than genesis and so on."

then i ranted a bit about cloud mining contracts, which wasn't really related. but it was a bonus. I dont need to increase my post count lol. i rly dont care.

I was asking about setup a miner on Microsoft Azure.
Nevermind ...a ll the best!

Ned Kelly

Activity: 170
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 04:16:11 PM

Azure and any other cloud platform is not very good choice, since all vm environments have some memory overhead. I guess speed would be at least 2x lower vs dedicated hardware.
superiorus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 04:18:18 PM

Azure and any other cloud platform is not very good choice, since all vm environments have some memory overhead. I guess speed would be at least 2x lower vs dedicated hardware.
You are right, but since it is free, I think I can try it.

Luwonder

Activity: 62
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 05:09:57 PM

It could be a solution?

just read again Wink

You can rent the hash from the Nichhash. So it can be treated as the cloud mining. It is much cheaper than sites like Genesis mining.
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 07:02:57 PM

ZCash mining will begin tomorrow 28 : yes, but at what time ? (Universal time).
sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 07:36:35 PM

Tomorrow morning PST time.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW ZILLIQA + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
ZenFr
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 07:43:42 PM

Tomorrow morning PST time.
:-)
Tmdz

Activity: 1008

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 08:52:33 PM

The guy lives up in san fran so when he wakes up mainnet will start.

If he partys all night to celebrate Zcash, it might get delayed a bit  Cheesy
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 09:21:04 PM

It's likely not even worth mining zcash for at least the first week, since the rewards are so low.
kanoptx (OP)

www.cryptocompare.com

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 09:30:55 PM

The guy lives up in san fran so when he wakes up mainnet will start.

If he partys all night to celebrate Zcash, it might get delayed a bit  Cheesy

alcohol may change the course of history once more.

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 10:29:54 PM

I was asking about setup a miner on Microsoft Azure.
Nevermind ...a ll the best!

Actually, mining ZCash with the free Azure credits sounds like a great idea to me. Even though, it is not as efficient as dedicated hardware you could still make "free" ZCash with the free trial of Azure. I'm pretty curious as of what will happen once ZCash launches tomorrow in terms of interest into it, as I have the feeling that it will get enough traction for quite some time. I hope that I would be able to get some cheap ZCash before prices start to increase as this is a very promising cryptocurrency.   Cheesy

By the way, does anyone have any idea on what exchanges would ZCash be once it launches tomorrow?  Huh

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
ZenFr
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 11:17:22 PM

By the way, does anyone have any idea on what exchanges would ZCash be once it launches tomorrow?  Huh
Kraken and Bittrex.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 01:13:58 AM

Immediately stopped reading at compiling the miner with Ubunto.

Stop making coins that require all that compiling and building the miner bullshit. Not all of us are hardcore computer geeks with a shit ton of programming knowledge.

Windows exe file or not interested.

Good guide overall tho.

Crypto is geek/nerdy .. .just look around .... you're obviously in the wrong hobby..

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 01:14:09 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2016, 03:56:41 PM by monsanto

Does it matter if we use addnode=alphatestnet.z.cash or betatestnet.z.cash?

I hit a block on betatestnet  Grin

How are current open source GPU miners stacking up against CPU miners?  For example, what kind of hashrate will a 480 or 290x do versus an i7 or i5?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: