Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:07:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Build Info , 3 psu / 3 mobo / 16 cards combo for ETH 480MH/s  (Read 6848 times)
xxcsu (OP)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 10:31:03 PM

One more question.

Do you think two threaded rods could be used to support the long bars or are they solid and won't sag?

Those long bars I used for this build are very solid , they won't sag for sure .
Don't need any support for the long bars. I can can pick up the whole setup holding the long bars on the middle .
Whole setup I mean only 2 mobo , 2 psu , and 12 cards right now  Grin

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
xxcsu (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 10:39:10 PM

to be honest i prefer one rig setup than 3-4 way, with the latter would be a pain in the ass to move it, too heavy and cumbersome

It was in my head to build 3 times 6 card setup and make them stackable, but finally ended up to build this version :-) it's  clean , easy to build maybe a little heavy with all those cards and psu's
It's not going to be my LAN party setup for sure :-) , I don't think I ever have to move this open case .

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
xxcsu (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 12:16:33 AM

I use Windows 10 x64 and the latest nonWHQL Radeon Driver Hotfix and you?

same here , win 10 , latest driver  Smiley , well .. latest driver come out today Smiley
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64

in your case i would use 1 dummy plug or "Display Emulator " for each setup ( at least on 1 card from a 6 vga setup) , this way your vga card will think there is a monitor attached to your system:)
You can order from amazon  , there is a link for the product , you may can find cheaper , but i can confirm this product is working Smiley

https://www.amazon.com/CompuLab-fit-Headless-Display-Emulator/dp/B00FLZXGJ6

Let me and the bitcointalk community know if its fixed your problem Smiley

ps_jb

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 01:13:38 AM

It was in my head to build 3 times 6 card setup and make them stackable, but finally ended up to build this version :-) it's  clean , easy to build maybe a little heavy with all those cards and psu's
It's not going to be my LAN party setup for sure :-) , I don't think I ever have to move this open case .

Will repeat my question:

Could you please put the dimensions on the frame's rods? Did you cut them at Home Depot?

I will try to make similar - but shorter, for 6 cards only
ioglnx

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 07:46:17 AM

I use Windows 10 x64 and the latest nonWHQL Radeon Driver Hotfix and you?

same here , win 10 , latest driver  Smiley , well .. latest driver come out today Smiley
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64

in your case i would use 1 dummy plug or "Display Emulator " for each setup ( at least on 1 card from a 6 vga setup) , this way your vga card will think there is a monitor attached to your system:)
You can order from amazon  , there is a link for the product , you may can find cheaper , but i can confirm this product is working Smiley

https://www.amazon.com/CompuLab-fit-Headless-Display-Emulator/dp/B00FLZXGJ6

Let me and the bitcointalk community know if its fixed your problem Smiley

Well I was looking for this thing all over her in Austria..couldn't find because I thought of Loop-Adapters not emulator

GTX 1080Ti rocks da house... seriously... this card is a beast³
Owning by now 18x GTX1080Ti :-D @serious love of efficiency
xxcsu (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 01:54:57 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2016, 07:04:37 AM by xxcsu

It was in my head to build 3 times 6 card setup and make them stackable, but finally ended up to build this version :-) it's  clean , easy to build maybe a little heavy with all those cards and psu's

Will repeat my question:

Could you please put the dimensions on the frame's rods? Did you cut them at Home Depot?

I will try to make similar - but shorter, for 6 cards only

There is a few things  you need to understand:-) I will be happy to give you my build dimensions , but that might not work for you . I built this open case around that hardware what I already have , psu , mobo , vga cards .
The dimension is very simple : 12" high , 12" deep , 52" long . The middle crossbar what holding the cards is 12" minus vga card with raisers high from the top and 50" long
If your vga card is longer than 12" you are not going to be able to install into this case , you need to do the case deeper .
You need some basic tools to build a case like this , I don't think the employees in the Home Depot will cut it for you for the right size :-)

Let me know if you need more information :-)

ps_jb

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 02:05:39 AM

There is a few things  you need to understand:-) I will be happy to give you my build dimensions , but that might not work for you . I built this open case around that hardware what I already have , psu , mobo , vega cards .
The dimension is very simple : 12" high , 12" deep , 52" long . The middle crossbar what holding the cards is 12" minus vga card with raisers high from the top and 50" long
If your vga card is longer than 12" you are not going to be able to install into this case , you need to do the case deeper .
You need some basic tools to build a case like this , I don't think the employees in the Home Depot will cut it for you for the right size :-)

Let me know if you need more information :-)

Thank you! Will try to do it anyway
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 03:01:46 PM

Just came in my pants looking at those pics :O
xxcsu (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2016, 06:21:40 AM

nice but i do not see a shot with 16 cards and 3 mobos.

Just for You  Grin

BTCBusinessConsult

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2016, 03:36:03 PM

Congrats on the setup, that is super awesome!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

EPIC5k Trading on https://spectre.ai/?ref=PassiveIncome. Paying WEEKLY rewards in ETH since 2017. 100% FRAUD FREE Binary Trading Platform. $SXDT. Ask me about the ONLY smart options trading platform with 400% payouts, and their unique EPIC5000 trading system.
xxcsu (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2016, 09:43:14 AM

Thank You ! Still working on the cable management  Grin

TheRider

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 10:04:00 AM

Very cool build! Very efficient too!

How many cards are you powering per PSU?

What do you use to switch your display/keyboard/mouse between systems? KVM switch?
xxcsu (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2016, 03:49:18 PM

Powering 6 card with one psu in asrock h97 anniversary edition , I have 2 setup like that in this build , and a 3rd mobo , with smaller psu ( 850w)  powering 4 cards .
Not using any kvm switch , each setup have one display emulator or dummy plug connected to one card , controlling the builds via Remote Desktop or TeamViewer.

xleejohnx

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 04:25:58 PM

Are you running all of this on one breaker amp or do you have power cords running around?

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
xxcsu (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2016, 04:55:37 PM

Half of the rig ( 6+4 cards ) is running from 1x 15 amp/120volts  outlet , another one ( 6 cards ) from separate 15 amp circuit . No power cords running around Smiley two side of my setup have 2 separate 120v/15amp outlet on separate breakers Smiley

Before installed the 3rd mobo with 4 cards , all 12 cards with 2 mobo was running fine from 1 15 amp outlet

richrobin

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 04:59:13 PM

Solid job you have done there mate.
Cryptozillah

Activity: 687
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 05:16:57 PM

Nice build there.

I got 10 x 480 and 6 x 470 myself running at 465Mhs.
If i could turn back time i would have gone 470s all the way and saved a pile of money or buy more cards.

I could have bought atleast 20 x 470s for the same price (550Mhs)
I did not know what the 470 was capable of when buying the 480s in the first place.
ps_jb

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 05:24:48 PM

I did not know what the 470 was capable of when buying the 480s in the first place.

Can you mine with RX 470 with stock settings or you need to play with flashing, Wattman and other things?

Which cards are the best among RX 470s? Refs, aftermarket, XFX vs Sapphire vs ASUS etc?

Does it make sense to buy 8Gb vs 4Gb?
xxcsu (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2016, 05:36:21 PM

Can you mine with RX 470 with stock settings or you need to play with flashing, Wattman and other things?

Which cards are the best among RX 470s? Refs, aftermarket, XFX vs Sapphire vs ASUS etc?

Does it make sense to buy 8Gb vs 4Gb?

You can mine with RX 470 on stock settings without any problem , but if you want to get more hash rate , and lower power draw , you need to play with wattman or bios mod Smiley

FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 05:11:25 AM

Impressive Job, well done!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: