Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:52:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin & dynamic ridesharing.  (Read 1874 times)
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 29, 2010, 11:56:09 PM

There are several phone apps in development intended to permit a rider to hitch with a driver for a near-real-time rideshare, such as Avego Shared Transport, RideNow and Flinc.mobi.  All of these systems assume a transfer of funds from rider to driver electronicly.  All of these systems use GPS mapping to match riders with drivers in complex ways.  None of these systems are publicly live.

Could any of you android developers hack together an app that simply notifies drivers headed in your general direction along the road that you are standing at of your destination and an offer in bitcoins?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous

October 30, 2010, 12:07:33 AM

There are several phone apps in development intended to permit a rider to hitch with a driver for a near-real-time rideshare, such as Avego Shared Transport, RideNow and Flinc.mobi.  All of these systems assume a transfer of funds from rider to driver electronicly.  All of these systems use GPS mapping to match riders with drivers in complex ways.  None of these systems are publicly live.

Could any of you android developers hack together an app that simply notifies drivers headed in your general direction along the road that you are standing at of your destination and an offer in bitcoins?

That would be awesome. Expect to get reamed by the taxi industry lol.

ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
October 30, 2010, 12:27:46 AM

There are several phone apps in development intended to permit a rider to hitch with a driver for a near-real-time rideshare, such as Avego Shared Transport, RideNow and Flinc.mobi.  All of these systems assume a transfer of funds from rider to driver electronicly.  All of these systems use GPS mapping to match riders with drivers in complex ways.  None of these systems are publicly live.

(http://www.ridenow.org/ OR http://www.avego.com/ OR http://www.flinc.org/) + Bitcoin = Shocked  Grin  Cool

This is just too much awesomness in a single point of this space-time continuum.
I can't bear it, I'm gonna blow. How do people actually produce such ideas ?

MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2010, 01:04:47 AM

That's another good reason for a Bitcoin based app, as opposed to some $ based transfer system.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

Anonymous

October 30, 2010, 01:52:50 AM

That's another good reason for a Bitcoin based app, as opposed to some $ based transfer system.

Agreed Smiley http://venturebeat.com/2010/10/26/ubercab-ryan-graves-cease-and-desit/

I wonder which city has the highest concentration of bitcoin users?
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2010, 02:07:35 AM

It doesn't matter, build the app, and they will come. 

Anonymous

October 30, 2010, 02:25:09 AM

All it needs really is a mobile interface for mybitcoin.

MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2010, 05:22:18 AM

All it needs really is a mobile interface for mybitcoin.

And a server setup to compare 10K GPS grid numbers and their vectors at a time.

Simple right?  Probably not, or these other apps would have hit the public by now.  Granted, these other guys are trying to compare destinations as well as some other issues, and might have trouble with the transfer payment laws across borders.  All that I'm asking for is a client that can tell the server "I'm Joe Sixpack, I'm trying to get (downtown|WalMart|Atlanta, Georgia|Burning Man), I'm willing to offer x.y bitcoins per mile to get me as far as you will take me, and I'm not a psycho" and then the server forward that message to the client of the driver who is approaching the GPS location of the rider and is traveling in the general direction of the rider's goal.  Future improvements to such an electronic thumb would likely come later if the principle is sound; for example, a peer rating system might prove valuable.  As in, "this guy never paid me for the trip|he said I have a perty mouth|he paid me in grade A toke" kind of peer ratings.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: