Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:33:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is USD being used for illegal activities?  (Read 20116 times)
stergium

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:30:35 PM

I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

Also, most people collect rain water, drink raw milk, and throw cannabis seeds in soil, all three acts which are considered serious illegal felonies punishable by seriously expensive fines and extensive jail time, possibly life in prison.

Some people also walk, drive, fish, or hunt without a permit that can easily be bought for in USD.

Will this hurt USD in the long run? Will governments ban this just like they started to do with paying in cash for some services to harden the use of illegal activities, and money laundering?

The simple fact is that all the illegal items you enumerated has no negative effect or impact on USD.

The explanation as to why USD is used or preferred in these illegal or even legitimate transactions is that it has high value and when local fiat I'd converted to USD to be used for transactions, it makes it compacted and comfortable to be carried about without suspicion.

On the contrary, this role played by USD is currently being taken over by bitcoin because of its high value also. Fiat are these days converted to bitcoin to be carried on just a mobile gadget like a mere phone. Shaking my head.  Grin
Well, for me, all currencies are being used for illegal activities, and not only USD or Bitcoin as some would say. The only thing I would say makes Bitcoin seem like the worst is because the people behind such activities can hardly be traced, and it also makes things easy for them.
Good and bad people are present in every society, and they may be using their local currency for their illegal activities, So the American may be using Dollar easily and Indialn may be use Ruppee for their activities therefore we can say that almost all kind of currencies may be using for illegal activities and not a single currency can be assumptive from that.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:56:50 PM

I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

Also, most people collect rain water, drink raw milk, and throw cannabis seeds in soil, all three acts which are considered serious illegal felonies punishable by seriously expensive fines and extensive jail time, possibly life in prison.

Some people also walk, drive, fish, or hunt without a permit that can easily be bought for in USD.

Will this hurt USD in the long run? Will governments ban this just like they started to do with paying in cash for some services to harden the use of illegal activities, and money laundering?

The simple fact is that all the illegal items you enumerated has no negative effect or impact on USD.

The explanation as to why USD is used or preferred in these illegal or even legitimate transactions is that it has high value and when local fiat I'd converted to USD to be used for transactions, it makes it compacted and comfortable to be carried about without suspicion.

On the contrary, this role played by USD is currently being taken over by bitcoin because of its high value also. Fiat are these days converted to bitcoin to be carried on just a mobile gadget like a mere phone. Shaking my head.  Grin
Well, for me, all currencies are being used for illegal activities, and not only USD or Bitcoin as some would say. The only thing I would say makes Bitcoin seem like the worst is because the people behind such activities can hardly be traced, and it also makes things easy for them.
Good and bad people are present in every society, and they may be using their local currency for their illegal activities, So the American may be using Dollar easily and Indialn may be use Ruppee for their activities therefore we can say that almost all kind of currencies may be using for illegal activities and not a single currency can be assumptive from that.
I agree, all about money is being used in all of the illegal activities. No on cares about that. If the illegal activities will always be there and we will always see the money will be used for the illegal activities. Even the digital currency like bitcoin in which some of the illegal transactions can be happened.
Freshmen

Activity: 334
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:52:35 AM

It's possible and it's true I saw many news and article that usd is being used by many terrorists groups and also usd is being used in other illegal activities
The big terrorists among all belongs to this dollar society. You can’t say them terrorist even you know it better that they are terrorist. Dollars are being used in all terrorist activities around the world. US Dollar have many perks but it has more demerits now.

Like you said, I am sure about it. They are being used in all crimes and terrorist activities where we assure any terrorist activity.
JoIIyFish

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:36:25 PM

Yes, USD has been employed for illegal activities and that's not new for us simply because even this discussion board isn't produced however, we currently knew that USD or any other fiat is what is important that they used in performing illegal activities like buying unlawful things or make payment on criminals. I know that even the bitcoin is already accustomed to this kind of actions.
astrid.uchiha24

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:52:28 PM

Every currency in the world is used in illegal trading and criminal frauds and that is why anti money laundering act was created for such dirty acts.
The problem is not the money itself but rather the way people think how they use it.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
DragonArrest

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:45:33 AM

Firstly the subject collection I would not agree with. Secondly it is not only USD any currency in the world can be used for any unlawful activities. In specific nation no matter which currency they will use individuals use that currency to do illegal activities since it occurs everywhere in world. And not just in one country where one can say USD has been used.Well its oneself to appear and see that they do not get involved with breakdown or malpractices that brought lower them personal in their own eyes and in planet's eyes.
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:15:59 PM

For me it has a possibility that USD can be used up for illegal activities. Because such as terrorist create and use this money on anything they wanted. Unless, someone can detect and stop this bad activity.
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:22:58 AM

For me it has a possibility that USD can be used up for illegal activities. Because such as terrorist create and use this money on anything they wanted. Unless, someone can detect and stop this bad activity.
In fact all currency in the world was used in different criminal activities, maybe USD is included in this some illegal transactions. Even bitcoin have a risks and there's a possibility that in the future, bitcoin value was used by the terrorist to buy some items that they used in war. Because if we analyze all terrorist are a lot of connection in different part of the world.
shalnark

Activity: 196
Merit: 121

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:29:21 AM

In fact all currency in the world was used in different criminal activities, maybe USD is included in this some illegal transactions. Even bitcoin have a risks and there's a possibility that in the future, bitcoin value was used by the terrorist to buy some items that they used in war. Because if we analyze all terrorist are a lot of connection in different part of the world.
It was possible to used in the illegal transactions, but it easy to track it by the USD citizen. Also in my thinking even bitcoin have a possibility to used in illegality, since bitcoin are decentralize and hard to find out.
I'm just bothering especially if this coin was totally abused, more of that people are rich they used bitcoin for their own self only.
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:31:45 AM

Yes if the payment is offline the holders of USD paper money buy drugs. But if they buy some illegal drugs or some illegal services online, they need to convert their money to bitcoin to be safe from the police. Also all currencies are accepted when the payment method on those illegal activities are offline.
mrflow27

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:37:17 AM

Every thing is possible in this World.I agree this blindly.Because with the fact I had seen,I had come to this conclusion.So,it's possible to make use of dollar in Illegal activity.Why not dollars? Even a Bitcoin is possible.

ZIGGER      ███
  ███ ███
█ ███ ███
█ ███ ███
     ███
███ ███
███ ███
  ███ ███
███ ███
███ ███
███     █
███ ███
███
A Decentralized Crypto Marketplace
____ for Localized Shopping ____
[|FACEBOOK
TWITTER
SLACK
|ICO  ▶  13th November 2017
GET YOUR 40% BONUS
IN FIRST 24 HOURS!
]      ███
  ███ ███
█ ███ ███
█ ███ ███
     ███
███ ███
███ ███
  ███ ███
███ ███
███ ███
███     █
███ ███
███
zombie6

Activity: 438

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:36:34 PM

Bitcoin is one of the first crypto currencies and it is far from the most perfect technology, but it is used for transactions in the shadow market. A vivid example of the SilkRoad, the turnover of the bitcoins was huge! Founder Robert Ullbricht eventually caught and gave 5 life imprisonments!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silk_Road
Altas

Activity: 366

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:41:22 PM

Every thing is possible in this World.I agree this blindly.Because with the fact I had seen,I had come to this conclusion.So,it's possible to make use of dollar in Illegal activity.Why not dollars? Even a Bitcoin is possible.
When something has got good in it, surely it will have its negative part. Even if something is developed for good deed, surely people try to find the loop hole and tries to hinder and use upon necessity. Same is the fact with bitcoin, it gives the ease in access for illegal transactions,though usd is the one that's been used for illegal activities.
katarin2030

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:58:02 PM

All possibilities are there, as we have witnessed recent terror attack in USA, USD might be using illegally.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 01:37:10 PM

It is and will always be. Any currency has been used to buy goods and to buy services and at the same time, use for illegal activities. It will not be removed as when we want a certain thing, we will buy it using money including USD. All currency has been used to illegal activities like buying drugs, paying certain persons etc. and now bitcoin has been used too in illegal activities but we can't do anything with it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ASICHEAD

Activity: 552

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:59:19 PM

When something has got good in it, surely it will have its negative part. Even if something is developed for good deed, surely people try to find the loop hole and tries to hinder and use upon necessity. Same is the fact with bitcoin, it gives the ease in access for illegal transactions,though usd is the one that's been used for illegal activities.
Depend on the demand of user, if they really want to use Dollar or Bitcoin or even Gold for illegal activities, nothing can stop them. Tool is just tool, it depends on the way to using of user. There is nothing bad at first, but by the user, all things can become the evil.

▄███▄
███████▄
██████▀██▄
█████▄  ▀██▄
████▀  ▄  ▀██▄
███▄ ▄██▀   ▀
██████▀  ▄█▄
███████▄█████▄
███████████████▄
████████████████▀
█████████▀
███████▀
 ▀███▀
Safein     
.M A K E   I S I M P L E.
A   R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   W A Y   T O   P A Y   O N L I N E
[WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████▀░░░░░▐████
███████████████░░░░░░░▐████
██████████████▌░░░▐████████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░▐█████
▀█████████████▌░░░▐███████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌░░▀▀███▌░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░░░███████
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄░█▀░░░░░░█████████
█████████▌▐░░░░░░░█████████
██████████░▄██▄░░██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
A
▬▬

█▄▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀
██████████████▀▀
██████████▀▀
██████▀▀
█▀▀
.GET IT ON               
Google Play
groundcontrol67

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:03:02 PM

USD is of course being used for many many illegal activities, it would probably be the currency of choice for many, for example drug smugglers from the south of america will all stockpile USD as it is the world currency.

SpeedyAstro

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:49:06 AM

Every currency has been used for unlawful activites, so it's not strange whatsoever which bitcoin has been used for this type of objective.
West0813

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:56:13 PM

USD is not the only currency that is use by terrorist in funding their acts. All the currency in the can be use by these terrorist. Even bitcoin they can also use it.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
PokerFace3

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:30:08 PM

Right. There is nothing with an advantage that does not have its disadvantages as well, at least as far as I know. The mind of humans, most especially those who have made themselves the evil doers, will always find a way through everything. Not only USD, but other currencies have been used for illegal activities and I do not see how even bitcoin or other cryptos would be different.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: