Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:29:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is USD being used for illegal activities?  (Read 20114 times)
carodupuis

Activity: 382
Merit: 100

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:02:38 PM

It is and will always be. Any currency has been used to buy goods and to buy services and at the same time, use for illegal activities. It will not be removed as when we want a certain thing, we will buy it using money including USD. All currency has been used to illegal activities like buying drugs, paying certain persons etc. and now bitcoin has been used too in illegal activities but we can't do anything with it.
The thing is we can expect anything to happen in this real world. It is because of the reason that there are number of people who are involved in illegal activities. There are likely chances of this thing to happen because dollar is the most famous real world currency. There are chances that the ones dealing such kind of illegal activities may pay in the form of dollar. There is no fault of bitcoin in that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:33:26 AM

As other forex or fiat cash are also utilized by terrorist or for every other iligal activities everywhere all over the world , bitcoin or other altcoin may also use for unlawful activities.Even i believe individuals will begin their own altcoin for illegal activities...just thinking
Only if they want to keep the altcoin hidden from the public anyway and except unregulated exchanges will only be trading them on exchanges, I really do not see how creating their coin for the dark world would work, but anything can happen. However, it is a normal thing for these guys who live their days illegally and they will always look for every ways to perform their trade. Moreover, USD being the most important currency for world trade has been the most popular one anyway for across the border payments so what stops them from making use of cryptocurrency when that was still easy for them.
Canoppo99

Activity: 334
Merit: 15

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:56:18 AM

I believe bitcoin transaction capabilities are virtually undetectable could make individuals use it fr things that are negative, such as the illegal dealings had been usually buy drugs such as medicines. Nicely, I once read an article that reported the bitcoin once used to it.o
Bitcoin transaction are transparent, you can see where the money from/go in any wallet, although there is no users identity that appear but the law enforcement can trace it although only with a litle effort.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:01:38 AM

I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

Also, most people collect rain water, drink raw milk, and throw cannabis seeds in soil, all three acts which are considered serious illegal felonies punishable by seriously expensive fines and extensive jail time, possibly life in prison.

Some people also walk, drive, fish, or hunt without a permit that can easily be bought for in USD.

Will this hurt USD in the long run? Will governments ban this just like they started to do with paying in cash for some services to harden the use of illegal activities, and money laundering?
USD were widely used in the whole world thats why it is very prone in using for illegal activities or transactions but every currency can be used in illegal works such as illegal drugs,human traffecking,corruptions.terrorism etc..Even cryptocurrencies cannot escape this kind od doings and government cant control this kind of matter for digital currencies were not that traceable.
trako

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:34:52 AM

dollar is a currency used all over the world. everything is moving in dollars. it is important that american currency. There is a politics that prepares an environment for illegal work. The most important is the war. Thanks to war a lot of illegal works too much. arms smuggling. drug. human trafficking. he is using it in illegal works as a dollar.
crustez00

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:50:14 AM

The usage of some currencies is absolutely free. and in my opinion, they used USD because of its range of price. not too high, and not too low. Beside that, maybe there's some involvement between that bad side of its circulation of USD with the country? i don't know what is true, but in my opinion that usage of USD currencies is hard to prevent from bad thing  Smiley

CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:58:23 AM

I believe bitcoin transaction capabilities are virtually undetectable could make individuals use it fr things that are negative, such as the illegal dealings had been usually buy drugs such as medicines. Nicely, I once read an article that reported the bitcoin once used to it.o
Bitcoin transaction are transparent, you can see where the money from/go in any wallet, although there is no users identity that appear but the law enforcement can trace it although only with a litle effort.
Sounds right, the bitcoin's nature is pseudo-anonymous. It's NOT undetectable and can be easily traced through blockchain explorer, heck, I wonder why people still misunderstand about this one.l
Just if the government trying to catch someone else who seem to be a criminal and using bitcoin at the same time, they just need to know the address were used by the criminals and all the transaction can be revealed easily.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:12:15 AM

Sounds right, the bitcoin's nature is pseudo-anonymous. It's NOT undetectable and can be easily traced through blockchain explorer, heck, I wonder why people still misunderstand about this one.l
Just if the government trying to catch someone else who seem to be a criminal and using bitcoin at the same time, they just need to know the address were used by the criminals and all the transaction can be revealed easily.
I agree to that but there is still difficulties in tracking down the criminal if ever they know the address that the criminals have. If ever they will know the address then it will still be hard for them to fully track down the criminals because the location of the users of bitcoin cannot be determined by just having the bitcoin address and using the blockchain network.
youngagethinker

Activity: 193

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:30:31 AM

given how long it has been used yea
and it is controlled by corrupt "officials"
so yea on a daily basis

True, it's is being used everyday, and if you don't notice that, you are missing a lot of important information about how this society is working. When you read in some deep web pages and some articles that tackles controversy and some govenment stuff, the dollars is being used in such activities that is stepping the rights every individual. Remember
The project that Snowden exposed, the military power that is killing millions of people. We still have much more to learn under the table but they are not letting us do that. The fiat has been used in dirty works much more than we ever know. And we are so small enough to prevent them from using it.

swordling143

Activity: 360

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:08:41 PM

I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

Also, most people collect rain water, drink raw milk, and throw cannabis seeds in soil, all three acts which are considered serious illegal felonies punishable by seriously expensive fines and extensive jail time, possibly life in prison.

Some people also walk, drive, fish, or hunt without a permit that can easily be bought for in USD.

Will this hurt USD in the long run? Will governments ban this just like they started to do with paying in cash for some services to harden the use of illegal activities, and money laundering?

I think so. I mean this is nothing unusual. For a criminal of course anything can be used. I bet they will utilize everthing just so they can succeed on what ever bad plans they have in mind. Such as those scam loaning services, they give you free money and then ask for you to invest on them and later on they just runaway with your money.
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:55:03 PM

I agree to that but there is still difficulties in tracking down the criminal if ever they know the address that the criminals have. If ever they will know the address then it will still be hard for them to fully track down the criminals because the location of the users of bitcoin cannot be determined by just having the bitcoin address and using the blockchain network.
Exactly, you are right. The source address and ip used to make transaction in Bitcoin can not track through blockchain a simple.
However, it does not mean the police can not do that.
So hard = possible, that is the reason there are have some services for mixing Bitcoin transactions.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Altas

Activity: 366

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:24:49 PM

USD is used much on illegal activities compared to the usage of bitcoin. Bitcoin being an pseudo anonymous asset has provided users with the ease of bitcoin into illegal activities, but when calculated the percentage of usd on illegal activities seems to be much bigger than that of bitcoin.
West0813

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:07:24 AM

Not only USD bro all curency can use in illegal activities even bitcoin. All currency can fund terrorist attacks, can buy drugs and womens and other illegal activities.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
Blackwalker

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:25:06 AM

Every cash money is used for illegal activities people buy drugs daily and you ask is it used for illegal activities i think that the most illegal activities come from the us so the usd is the most usable for those activities.
Mainman08

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:02:55 AM

Every currency is use in illegel activities. Not only dollar. And terrorist will use any currency in buying their needs to do terrorist attack.

Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:05:26 AM

Mainly bitcoin are being convert into USD  so for that reason United states dollarare now being spotted by a few goverment particularly my goverment.Indeed.. until now, my goverment prohibit bitcoin because felony can convert bitcoin United states dollar and purchase weapon by way of darkish marketplace
All currencies can be widely use for illegal activities including bitcoin itself, people will do things just to do what they wanted to do, and as a matter of fact bitcoin is now using as a medium of their transaction as sender and receiver are anonymous and there is no way to know who they are. So the point is person can do all things when they want to.

OnceTwiceThird

Activity: 606
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:06:15 AM

I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like /2012/12/06/opinion/branson-end-war-on-drugs/]the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

USD is likely used often than any other currency for criminal and scum pourpuses.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:41:11 AM

Of course this is not going to affect the US dollar, the criminals are going to use anything they can to commit their crimes and since the US dollar is still the most used currency all around the world then it makes sense criminals use that currency as a medium of exchanges well.
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:27:26 AM

Any currency can be used in illegal activities and we should not blame it in the currency itself.   We should focus on the person who used the currency to illegal activities.   Criminals accept any mode of payment that may benefit them in exchange of their illegal acts.  It is the government that must launch programs to eliminate such illegal activities.  So, it is not depend on the type of currency, it is on the people who use it for criminality.
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:36:57 AM

Every money is being used for illegal activities. Of course, that would not exempt USD. No single currency is exempted. Even gold and silver were used for illegal activities before. They say Bitcoin is used for illegal activities, well why not? If they were able to use USD which is highly monitored, how much more to an anonymous and decentralized currency? Hell, even neutral objects such as baseball bat and barbecue stick are used for illegal activities.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: