Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:37:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is USD being used for illegal activities?  (Read 20114 times)
KKaruchis

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:38:15 AM

I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

Also, most people collect rain water, drink raw milk, and throw cannabis seeds in soil, all three acts which are considered serious illegal felonies punishable by seriously expensive fines and extensive jail time, possibly life in prison.

Some people also walk, drive, fish, or hunt without a permit that can easily be bought for in USD.

Will this hurt USD in the long run? Will governments ban this just like they started to do with paying in cash for some services to harden the use of illegal activities, and money laundering?

Since day one... I always remember the story that every 1 dollard paper money from the states has cocain on them idk if its real or is it just fake .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kimpena

Activity: 250
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:52:31 AM

Yes, I think so. There are criminals who are using bitcoin for their crimes such as illegal activities, and so there is a big reason to see that USD, as well, is being used for criminal acts. Criminals always do what they want and get what they want. They find ways to do things they wanted to do, for whatever reason they are doing this, I don't know. Either traceable or not crimes are, they do not care. There are criminals who use ways in which it cannot be known by police and/or government, where no one can notice who did the crime. But, of course, they sometimes fail to do so. They sometimes planned it very well, so there are things left to be traceable by the investigators.

KrLos

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:25:07 AM

Any currency can be used for illegal activities. Why the dollar is the most popular currency for these purposes?
because dollar is the most common currency in the world.
In general, bitcoin has more prospects for use in this area, because of anonymity
golekcepot

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:13:46 AM

Any currency can be used for illegal activities. Why the dollar is the most popular currency for these purposes?
In general, bitcoin has more prospects for use in this area, because of anonymity

Well, this is true, i agre with you.
Bitcoin sometimes perceived as the (wild west of finance), the cryptocurrency space has been connected to various scams, hacks, terrorist and other criminal activities which have taken advantage of this anonymity.
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:07:28 PM

Well, this is true, i agre with you.
Bitcoin sometimes perceived as the (wild west of finance), the cryptocurrency space has been connected to various scams, hacks, terrorist and other criminal activities which have taken advantage of this anonymity.
In the fact, almost the transactions of darkweb stopped or reduce in Bitcoin.
I heard hackers and people of underground world are using other cryptocurrencies for their transaction instead of Bitcoin.
Monero, Zcash are the best choice for them, you can see the price of Monero increased a lot of values recently, that is the reason.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:13:40 PM

Mainly bitcoin are being convert into USD  so for that reason United states dollarare now being spotted by a few goverment particularly my goverment.Indeed.. until now, my goverment prohibit bitcoin because felony can convert bitcoin United states dollar and purchase weapon by way of darkish marketplace
All currencies can be widely use for illegal activities including bitcoin itself, people will do things just to do what they wanted to do, and as a matter of fact bitcoin is now using as a medium of their transaction as sender and receiver are anonymous and there is no way to know who they are. So the point is person can do all things when they want to.
yeah you right, I think all currencies are used for illegal activities, you know that every country has a mafia and before bitcoin is present even if they already use their local currency to use as an illegal financial transaction. so I think not just bitcoins and dollars are used for illegal activities,,
dulce dd121990

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:22:17 PM

As we can see, even before USD is being used in this kinds of illegal activities, but until now USD is not yet banned. This USD cannot cannot  be ban easily just because of this  illegal activities or even any other type of currency because of its widely used in the whole world. And tyhis currency is imporatnt currency today.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
dogz12

Activity: 210
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:24:13 AM

I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

Also, most people collect rain water, drink raw milk, and throw cannabis seeds in soil, all three acts which are considered serious illegal felonies punishable by seriously expensive fines and extensive jail time, possibly life in prison.

Some people also walk, drive, fish, or hunt without a permit that can easily be bought for in USD.

Will this hurt USD in the long run? Will governments ban this just like they started to do with paying in cash for some services to harden the use of illegal activities, and money laundering?
Any currency can be used for illegal activities and crimes but USD is being exploited because it is generally accepted by other countries around the world. Banning it by other countries would not do any good because there are other currencies that can be used for such activities.
androidr

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:39:29 AM

i think we already know that USD being used by many illegal activities but it is hidden and only few people which know and i think not just USD but the other currency from other country is being used too. with new technology, they can do without any government know but soon after government trying to case them, the government will discovered them and maybe they will be target operation to be caught. we know that drugs and money laundering is the serious problem to be solved
Wittycoin

Activity: 696

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:14:21 AM

Ofcourse usd is being used for illegal activities and any other currencies or money can be used to fund illegal activities not only US dollar.
OuterTech

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:42:12 AM

LOL. USD is used for illegal activities all the time, right at the start when it was born. There are a lot of activities like drug trafficking, money laundering, tax eavsion,.........All these illegal activities are related to US dollar. Before Bitcoin was born, USD is the main currency was used to do these guilty but for now crime prefer to use Bitcoin to USD cause make a deal with Bitcoin is much safer than USD cause the seller and buyer no need to meet to make the deal like before.

CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:54:41 AM

In every illegal activities its involved money financing. Not only  USD but also other kinds of money from different country' s but mostly USD is higher value compare to other money in different places or country's. Thats why we can say that USD is used by people to illegal activities not only in country's using dollars but nationwide.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
nightfury

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:29:40 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2017, 06:10:42 AM by nightfury

My question is "how did they bought illegal firearms, illegal drugs, and other illegal services before bitcoin or digital currencies even exist?" The fact is, millions of illicit activities in the past be it successful or failure has something to do with fiat in exchange of good or services.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:33:12 AM

For me it has a possibility that USD can be used up for illegal activities. Because such as terrorist create and use this money on anything they wanted. Unless, someone can detect and stop this bad activity.
In fact all currency in the world was used in different criminal activities, maybe USD is included in this some illegal transactions. Even bitcoin have a risks and there's a possibility that in the future, bitcoin value was used by the terrorist to buy some items that they used in war. Because if we analyze all terrorist are a lot of connection in different part of the world.

Every thing is possible in this World.I agree this blindly.Because with the fact I had seen,I had come to this conclusion.So,it's possible to make use of dollar in Illegal activity.Why not dollars? Even a Bitcoin is possible.
When something has got good in it, surely it will have its negative part. Even if something is developed for good deed, surely people try to find the loop hole and tries to hinder and use upon necessity. Same is the fact with bitcoin, it gives the ease in access for illegal transactions,though usd is the one that's been used for illegal activities.
We have so much tagged bitcoin with shadow markets a lot that we have forgotten that these markets have been existing before the invention of bitcoin and one way or the other, it has been running with fiats. How they have been able to do that without some of them getting caught is best known to them.

However, a time will come when using bitcoin for the dark market will start getting hard unless they have a regular supply from someone anyway without making use of the exchanges.
ASICHEAD

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:42:36 PM

Any currency can be used for illegal activities and crimes but USD is being exploited because it is generally accepted by other countries around the world. Banning it by other countries would not do any good because there are other currencies that can be used for such activities.
Why do we call USD or other currency is payment method? As long as we can use for payment, with anything we can use for illegal activities if we want. We are the owner of currency system, so, we can decide the purpose to using it.

▄███▄
███████▄
██████▀██▄
█████▄  ▀██▄
████▀  ▄  ▀██▄
███▄ ▄██▀   ▀
██████▀  ▄█▄
███████▄█████▄
███████████████▄
████████████████▀
█████████▀
███████▀
 ▀███▀
Safein     
.M A K E   I S I M P L E.
A   R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   W A Y   T O   P A Y   O N L I N E
[WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████▀░░░░░▐████
███████████████░░░░░░░▐████
██████████████▌░░░▐████████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░▐█████
▀█████████████▌░░░▐███████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌░░▀▀███▌░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░░░███████
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄░█▀░░░░░░█████████
█████████▌▐░░░░░░░█████████
██████████░▄██▄░░██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
A
▬▬

█▄▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀
██████████████▀▀
██████████▀▀
██████▀▀
█▀▀
.GET IT ON               
Google Play
dx_twisted

Merit: 114

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:11:11 AM

The reason why USD is widely considered as the currency mostly used for illegal activities is because its the international currency worldwide for businesses and the like. Not only USD, there are other currencies circulating in the world that is also being used to funds the mentioned activities. If this can cause more threat to USD being eradicated, then I doubt it will. Dollars existed way back than any money out there, and was been long used for any transactions. There are regulations and policies to which it prohibits money (USD) being used for such, like Anti Money Laundering Act.
Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:16:36 AM

Yes for sure. Why i am pretty sure? Because usd is international currency and it is accepted everywhere in any country so usd have more chance being used in crime and illegal activity such as terrorist.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:55:18 AM

LOL. USD is used for illegal activities all the time, right at the start when it was born. There are a lot of activities like drug trafficking, money laundering, tax eavsion,.........All these illegal activities are related to US dollar. Before Bitcoin was born, USD is the main currency was used to do these guilty but for now crime prefer to use Bitcoin to USD cause make a deal with Bitcoin is much safer than USD cause the seller and buyer no need to meet to make the deal like before.
The dollar's use for illegal activities is not a dollar issue, but the dollar is actually a very strong currency, and it's being used by everyone. It does not make sense for innocent people to use dollars in guilty. You can drink milk with a sample glass, and you can also drink alcohol with the same glass. This does not mean that the glass is a bad thing.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:06:11 AM

The dollar's use for illegal activities is not a dollar issue, but the dollar is actually a very strong currency, and it's being used by everyone. It does not make sense for innocent people to use dollars in guilty. You can drink milk with a sample glass, and you can also drink alcohol with the same glass. This does not mean that the glass is a bad thing.

Let us not make the U.S. Dollar have a bad image because it is being used for illegal activities as any fiat currency even cryptocurrency is being used for illegal activities. It is really not the currency but the need for money that is why some are obtaining unjust riches because of doing illegal things like money laundering and tax evasion. The need for money is driving us humans to do things outside of our norm and it is not the currency's fault but the humans desiring it.
Kim Domingo

Activity: 208

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:09:57 AM

The sad truth is yes. It is really true that USD is commonly or mostly used to avail and purchase drug paraphernalia and other illegal things since USD has been the international basis or currency used in the different markets in the whole word. But it is not merely intended that because of this, USD was made for these activities. It just happened that people tend to use this currency because it is the most common type of currency that people tend to use rather than other types of currency that was existing in the world.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: