Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:56:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: make no mistake... this is a revolution  (Read 5524 times)
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 10:32:56 PM

This is exactly what bitcoin doesn't need!

its not a cause, its a way to transfer wealth!

The more people think its got political overtones, the less support its going to get.

Just let the free market decide if bitcoin survives.

Having a manifesto seems to suggest that it can't survive on its own! Wink

Sorry if it came accross as such. I didn't mean to write a manifesto, just to express my feelings and share some of my thinking. The intention was to deny the possibility of a bubble in BTC/fiat rate.

And yes, of course, "let the free market decide". Thanks for saying that.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 10:34:52 PM

I share a lot of the sentiment about revolutions and paradigms (peaceful of course!) but hearing it from others makes me itch to press the good old Sell bitcoins button, or would do if I held enough bitcoin for that to be worthwhile. Grin

Bubble, anyone?

Don't be afraid, it'll work out.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 10:38:16 PM

I share a lot of the sentiment about revolutions and paradigms (peaceful of course!) but hearing it from others makes me itch to press the good old Sell bitcoins button, or would do if I held enough bitcoin for that to be worthwhile. Grin

Bubble, anyone?
the only valid reason to push the bitcoin sell button is to pay bills or move wealth into real assets.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
ffe

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 10:39:46 PM

It think I got it:

YOU FUCKED UP,
NOW PISS OFF!

good?

YOU FUCKED UP,
WE'LL TAKE IT FROM HERE!
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 10:41:50 PM

Agreed, trust me, I'm not using my bitcoin to buy fiat at all. It's either being "hoarded" or used to buy bling, or sometimes litecoin. Yes, I do use bitcoin to buy things sometimes, and to donate, and tip, and so on. That's what it's for. Smiley

I'm fine with my position because bitcoin isn't a get-rich-quick scheme. If I do wind up rich from my few 'coins, great, but it's more about the principle, and the Bitcoin love. Grin

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 10:43:52 PM

Agreed, trust me, I'm not using my bitcoin to buy fiat at all. It's either being "hoarded" or used to buy bling, or sometimes litecoin. Yes, I do use bitcoin to buy things sometimes, and to donate, and tip, and so on. That's what it's for. Smiley

I'm fine with my position because bitcoin isn't a get-rich-quick scheme. If I do wind up rich from my few 'coins, great, but it's more about the principle, and the Bitcoin love. Grin

+1*10^8

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 10:46:20 PM

It think I got it:

YOU FUCKED UP,
NOW PISS OFF!

good?

YOU FUCKED UP,
WE'LL TAKE IT FROM HERE!

wow! I think that's it.

benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 10:47:54 PM

A LONG TIME AGO
IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY...

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 11:08:29 PM

someone made a fork of this and sent the result to me:

Quote from: anon
This is Revolution, No Mistake! (FUCK THE DEBT, CANCEL THE STATE)

I am telling the power-elite, their puppets, bankers and politicians:

YOU FUCKED US!
GET LOST.

We are taking charge now by introducing a new kind of money. A true free market money. We welcome all other money to enter the competition. May the best money win.

Bitcoin: People's Money. You are your bank. Bitcoin is a tool we use to be our own banks. You control your money, and you control the money supply. No banks needed. Just sound money.
We don't need to fight the establishment. We live decently and work hard. We are not aggressive. We just happen to use our own money, thanks.
POINT: Bitcoin is not for gathering wealth. Bitcoin is for freedom. We demand freedom of financial speech.
POINT: Our economy is built on a pack of lies. Corporate monopolists dominate an economy made of people, and we measure it's performance in some braindead value (called GDP), not in the happiness of the people in it.
POINT: Our current monetary system is dead. Central banks worldwide are racing to the bottom. FIAT-Currencies are causing massive market distortions to keep GDP up. Capital is flowing towards bubbles and false price signals. Saving is impossible and people are forced to burn money by spending, spending, spending. Interest rates are manipulated. The economy is sick... sick with bad money.
POINT: The fiat-money regime has spun a web of illusions and democratic values. Parliaments in Europe are installed with puppets. Democratic values are disregarded daily. These technocrats were not elected by anyone, yet they shape policy, legislature and the whole regulatory environment. They manipulate rules governing police and military. These puppets are installed with orders by their backers.
They execute orders, and we swallow. They disrespect us all the fucking time. They don't care.
But you care. You respect yourself. You represent and you care about yourself.
The internet is not surveillance tools like Facebook or Google. The internet nurtures creativity, personality and culture, and should respect your thoughts and conversations.
Internet where people publish without fear, couple's whisper in private and amateur photos are posted in public, uncensored. Internet money is shared freely and privately. We have rights to social, sexual, intellectual and economic speech.

Consider what the regime is doing: Every inch of your life is under surveillance. War propaganda is pumped out daily. At the end of most fiat currency regimes, there is a war. Currency collapse is used to cover up the scam and keep it going one more time.

They are driving everyone's faces into the mud in a race to the bottom.

We offer a way to avoid this:
   transition to money uncontrolled by central powers and withdraw support for war.

State controlled capitalism is called fascism. What do we call capital-controlled statism? Well whatever it is, it's sucking life from our minds and won't stop until we're all zombies ready for the second coming of Hitler.

Nationstates are reaching the end of their time, and the corporate led democracy is collapsing under pressure from its own weight.

This is the era of people!
Never before in history have we had such a unique opportunity to take back and defend our rights. Technology is revamping the social landscape by equipping and empowering entire new swathes of thought and individuals throughout society.
Don't be a slave. Don't be told by institutionalized robots how to act and think. Don't be controlled by mass-channeled propaganda. Be free. Start a business. Research through internet.

So what to do?

Here are some guidelines:
Keep educating people on Bitcoin and what it really is, freedom of financial speech.
Live a prosperous life. Seriously: look after yourself, then look after others.
Don't work for or support more than necessary the government, police, military or monopolist corporation.
Actively select the sources of your information, talk to people, connect to their hearts.
Be open to everyone and critical of any information you receive.
Keep the internet alive and as free as possible for everybody.
Use Bitcoin wherever you can.
Network. Make contacts and encourage everyone to trade, perform services and create contracts between yourselves.
Don't evangelize Bitcoin. Bitcoin is not a religion, just the currently best solution to a problem. Emphasize currency competition and freedom of people.
Sell Bitcoins to anyone who wants to buy, and remember to restock. Everyone needs Bitcoin.
You can ask payment for your service, but don't exploit your customers and demand extortionate fees. You are not a monopolist, you are a market leader.
Less following, more leading.
We are one world, all connected. Be responsible and mindful.
Be bold and overcome fear. We all fear, but fear should not paralyse us.

All these cryptographic functions do not ensure your personal well-being per se.
All this digital gold does not make everyone equally wealthy.
But what this cryptographic type of money does is to enable a functioning economy that serves the people who are inside it.
Our other problems will have to be fought in a different arena, not that of money.
It's not always the money, but the people behind it too.

Bitcoin and the internet empower us to ensure our freedom, well-being and prosperity of both the human culture/society and also each of the individuals inside it.

Start behaving like it.

Be the change you want to see!

FreddyFender

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

Shamantastic!

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 11:17:36 PM

It think I got it:

YOU FUCKED UP,
NOW PISS OFF!

good?

YOU FUCKED UP,
WE'LL TAKE IT FROM HERE!

wow! I think that's it.

Maybe we need to regionalize the reaction... (Harsh criticism / Bold action)
I sense a meme coming on! OK artist and graphics guys, have at er.

FF
PS. you are usually so quiet and polite, nice to see the firebrand back. All these years can weigh heavy on a soul and you can always count on our support and the continued support from the many old-timers here.

molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 11:25:46 PM

PS. you are usually so quiet and polite, nice to see the firebrand back. All these years can weigh heavy on a soul and you can always count on our support and the continued support from the many old-timers here.

soothing words.

BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 11:37:58 PM

YOU FUCKED UP,
THANK YOU.
WE'LL TAKE IT FROM HERE!
[/b]

Love the "Thank You".

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
zif33rs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 11:51:49 PM

Thanks for summing up what I have been feeling for such along time Molecular.

New to bitcoin? Want to mine? Not sure where to start out?
Check out www.hostedmining.com
Donations and Tips  btc - 1MkjKHpZbSaRepeYaAcmRMcqt8o3HKQCF   ltc  - LNz48TP8MZmke38qbZD5gXi53KrktbJG7V  ftc  - 6iDt92cyDvxXkrDhCzMh4zEmK1b9PqShs4
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 12:22:45 AM

Thanks for summing up what I have been feeling for such along time Molecular.

glad to have spoken your soul.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 08:21:20 AM

make no mistake... this is a revolution

Isn't REVOLUTION == CATASTROPHE? One word in Greek, the other in Latin...
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 12:22:36 PM

"Catastrophe" means "complete failure". Depending on what fails completely it can be good or bad.

I like this definition of revolution:

Quote from: wikipedia
A revolution (from the Latin revolutio, "a turn around") is a fundamental change in power or organizational structures that takes place in a relatively short period of time.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 12:34:22 PM

"Catastrophe" means "complete failure". Depending on what fails completely it can be good or bad.

I like this definition of revolution:

Quote from: wikipedia
A revolution (from the Latin revolutio, "a turn around") is a fundamental change in power or organizational structures that takes place in a relatively short period of time.

OK. I just wanted to point that centuries ago both words had the same meaning - overturn - one was in Greek, the other in Latin. So, be careful with revolution...
Dr.Steve

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 02:28:35 PM

someone made a fork of this and sent the result to me:

Quote from: anon
This is Revolution, No Mistake! (FUCK THE DEBT, CANCEL THE STATE)

I am telling the power-elite, their puppets, bankers and politicians:

YOU FUCKED US!
GET LOST.

We are taking charge now by introducing a new kind of money. A true free market money. We welcome all other money to enter the competition. May the best money win.

Bitcoin: People's Money. You are your bank. Bitcoin is a tool we use to be our own banks. You control your money, and you control the money supply. No banks needed. Just sound money.
We don't need to fight the establishment. We live decently and work hard. We are not aggressive. We just happen to use our own money, thanks.
POINT: Bitcoin is not for gathering wealth. Bitcoin is for freedom. We demand freedom of financial speech.
POINT: Our economy is built on a pack of lies. Corporate monopolists dominate an economy made of people, and we measure it's performance in some braindead value (called GDP), not in the happiness of the people in it.
POINT: Our current monetary system is dead. Central banks worldwide are racing to the bottom. FIAT-Currencies are causing massive market distortions to keep GDP up. Capital is flowing towards bubbles and false price signals. Saving is impossible and people are forced to burn money by spending, spending, spending. Interest rates are manipulated. The economy is sick... sick with bad money.
POINT: The fiat-money regime has spun a web of illusions and democratic values. Parliaments in Europe are installed with puppets. Democratic values are disregarded daily. These technocrats were not elected by anyone, yet they shape policy, legislature and the whole regulatory environment. They manipulate rules governing police and military. These puppets are installed with orders by their backers.
They execute orders, and we swallow. They disrespect us all the fucking time. They don't care.
But you care. You respect yourself. You represent and you care about yourself.
The internet is not surveillance tools like Facebook or Google. The internet nurtures creativity, personality and culture, and should respect your thoughts and conversations.
Internet where people publish without fear, couple's whisper in private and amateur photos are posted in public, uncensored. Internet money is shared freely and privately. We have rights to social, sexual, intellectual and economic speech.

Consider what the regime is doing: Every inch of your life is under surveillance. War propaganda is pumped out daily. At the end of most fiat currency regimes, there is a war. Currency collapse is used to cover up the scam and keep it going one more time.

They are driving everyone's faces into the mud in a race to the bottom.

We offer a way to avoid this:
   transition to money uncontrolled by central powers and withdraw support for war.

State controlled capitalism is called fascism. What do we call capital-controlled statism? Well whatever it is, it's sucking life from our minds and won't stop until we're all zombies ready for the second coming of Hitler.

Nationstates are reaching the end of their time, and the corporate led democracy is collapsing under pressure from its own weight.

This is the era of people!
Never before in history have we had such a unique opportunity to take back and defend our rights. Technology is revamping the social landscape by equipping and empowering entire new swathes of thought and individuals throughout society.
Don't be a slave. Don't be told by institutionalized robots how to act and think. Don't be controlled by mass-channeled propaganda. Be free. Start a business. Research through internet.

Bitcoin and the internet empower us to ensure our freedom, well-being and prosperity of both the human culture/society and also each of the individuals inside it.

Start behaving like it.

Be the change you want to see!

Predictions:
  • Bitcoin will usher in the largest creation of wealth in the history of mankind.
  • Historians will discuss BB (before Bitcoin)  and AB (after Bitcoin) as a defining moment in the history of money.
  • Many early adopter will become fabulously wealthy. And with this wealth will come great power and potentially political might as well.
  • Central banks will be forced to compete much the same way that the post office must compete with email.
  • When the debt implosion occurs in fiat currency, Bitcoin will stand even taller, and those that have entrusted their savings into Bicoin will be rewarded by its preservation.

Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 06:50:35 PM

Very well written.

But perhaps you should replace the phrase "power elite" with something more neutral. It sounds a bit too much like a tinfoil hatter in my opinion.

Believe it or not, but some people in the "power elite" are actually on our side.

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 08:45:13 PM

Very well written.

But perhaps you should replace the phrase "power elite" with something more neutral. It sounds a bit too much like a tinfoil hatter in my opinion.

Believe it or not, but some people in the "power elite" are actually on our side.

I agree and I would be happy to change it. Been thinking about this a couple of times while I was writing, but I haven't been able to come up with anything good.

Happy about suggestions.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: