Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:41:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I wonder how much XMR is actually used on the DNM  (Read 1646 times)
dwgscale11 (OP)

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 06:26:51 PM

I honestly dont think it's being used much, and is purely hype from the biggest dnm's....
Buyers and sellers dont want such crazy volatility, btc is already too much....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 06:37:33 PM

I honestly dont think it's being used much, and is purely hype from the biggest dnm's....

Bitcoin was/is used on the DNM's too and was supervolatile too (google the chart for 2013 if you will)... it's still used there... but now also mainstream...

now what's your point?
exactly, noobs and their thoughts, worth jack shit... no one cares what you think, if you can come up with some research about the use of XMR on DNM's I'll be very happy to look into it.

the value proposition of XMR is anonimity... as in, your transaction history isn't public for all to see until the end of time... out of that comes fungibility... Then there's also the dynamic block size etc...

TLDR: do some research before you open these kind of (stupid) topics...

umairsaleem011

Activity: 283

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 06:38:10 PM

Can you buy guns with xmr?
dwgscale11 (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 07:07:45 PM

Bitcoin was/is used on the DNM's too and was supervolatile too (google the chart for 2013 if you will)... it's still used there... but now also mainstream...

now what's your point?
exactly, noobs and their thoughts, worth jack shit... no one cares what you think, if you can come up with some research about the use of XMR on DNM's I'll be very happy to look into it.

the value proposition of XMR is anonimity... as in, your transaction history isn't public for all to see until the end of time... out of that comes fungibility... Then there's also the dynamic block size etc...

It being used on dnm was what artifically pumped the price because a major dnm implemented it.  The fact is it ISNT being used, its just there as an option. But NO ONE is accepting it, and NO ONE wants to use it in regards to DNM. That is my only point.
obit33

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 07:29:05 PM

now what's your point?

It being used on dnm was what artifically pumped the price because a major dnm implemented it.  The fact is it ISNT being used, its just there as an option. But NO ONE is accepting it, and NO ONE wants to use it in regards to DNM. That is my only point.

Facts need proof, otherwise it's just your opinion... your opinion is worth just as much as mine, nothing...
please deliver proof that NO ONE is accepting it, and that NO ONE wants to use it... otherwise this is just another useless topic based on thin air...

best regards,

dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 08:03:08 PM

But NO ONE is accepting it, and NO ONE wants to use it in regards to DNM. That is my only point.

The anonymity really works very, very well then  Grin  No Such Agency kind of thing  Cheesy
dwgscale11 (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 08:08:06 PM

They aren't anonymous transactions, they are non existent.
Moneroman88

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 08:13:01 PM

Yes, you can. But why would you? Don't buy guns, guns are bad. Head over to the DNM and buy Ecstasy instead.
obit33

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 08:21:29 PM

please, deliver some actual proof, the burden is on you, now you're only making a fool of yourself...

Rockie1234

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 09:09:52 AM

It's really impossible to tell unless you are a DNM vendor yourself.  There have been a lot of dodgy proceedings involving monero, including the buying of accounts to hype the coin. There are also several botnets mining the coin.

However, this doesn't mean monero is definitely all smoke and mirrors. Only time will tell if it collapses on itself or whether eventually reaches reputability.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 10:41:16 AM

now what's your point?

It being used on dnm was what artifically pumped the price because a major dnm implemented it.  The fact is it ISNT being used, its just there as an option. But NO ONE is accepting it, and NO ONE wants to use it in regards to DNM. That is my only point.

Typical newbie making absolute statements with absolutely no proof.

Absolute fail?

Do you have any proof or you just peddling fiction like Obama said?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 10:42:09 AM

The logic of the above comment ^ is non existent.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 10:42:43 AM

Yes, you can. But why would you? Don't buy guns, guns are bad. Head over to the DNM and buy Ecstasy instead.

Or buy a gun laced with Ecstasy?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 10:43:34 AM

It's really impossible to tell unless you are a DNM vendor yourself.  There have been a lot of dodgy proceedings involving monero, including the buying of accounts to hype the coin. There are also several botnets mining the coin.

However, this doesn't mean monero is definitely all smoke and mirrors. Only time will tell if it collapses on itself or whether eventually reaches reputability.

Can you link me to proof of your bolded claim?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 02:01:35 AM

There was a post somewhere in the altcoin forum that said that the darknet merchants' acceptance of XMR is decreasing. I will try to find it. This is really very normal because first, those that dropped it might just be testing it. Second, XMR does not have enough of the infrastructure needed to make it easier to use. A light wallet that works properly than the present one which is in its alpha release must be replaced. Third, that's reality. I takes some time for people to adjust and make use of what is new offered to them. It will take maybe more than 1 year before XMR becomes really prominent in the darknet.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Rockie1234

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 06:15:52 AM

Can you link me to proof of your bolded claim?

There was a guy who posted some thread talking mostly nonsense about monero, a lot of FUD.
But out of his many conclusions, there were two good ones, one that a large percent of mining is botnets, the other was buying of accounts. He linked to a few accounts where they had always written random posts, but soon they had suddenly switched to hyping. I'll try and find a link.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 07:11:01 AM

I wonder what difference it would make having to buy a shitty Altcoin..
When you probably need to get Bitcoin in the first place just to buy the Monero.
And probably on an exchange like Poloniex with their Monero "markets" where they request your picture ID.

Why bother with the extra steps that put you at extended risk when you already have BTC ?

And OMG not FUD ?  Shocked

Say it ain't so..  Cry

What you mean "Fear Uncertainty and Doubt" on Dark Markets ?
Who'd a thunk it ?  Cheesy

FUD first & ask questions later™
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 01:35:32 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2016, 01:48:26 PM by Febo

There was a post somewhere in the altcoin forum that said that the darknet merchants' acceptance of XMR is decreasing. I will try to find it. This is really very normal because first, those that dropped it might just be testing it. Second, XMR does not have enough of the infrastructure needed to make it easier to use. A light wallet that works properly than the present one which is in its alpha release must be replaced. Third, that's reality. I takes some time for people to adjust and make use of what is new offered to them. It will take maybe more than 1 year before XMR becomes really prominent in the darknet.

It will take just some being busted because of using transparent BTC instead of XMR.

People are lazy animals they will not do anything that are not forced to do.

There was a guy who posted some thread talking mostly nonsense about monero, a lot of FUD.
But out of his many conclusions, there were two good ones, one that a large percent of mining is botnets, the other was buying of accounts. He linked to a few accounts where they had always written random posts, but soon they had suddenly switched to hyping. I'll try and find a link.

I would love to see that post. Lots kids make lots acounts here for signature campaigns and just spam wherever they are allowed to.  Lots other coins holders that dont like XMR success like ducknote owners and others in past made accounts and on first look shiled XMR but if you looked at it from distance they were FUDing it. That happened for last 2 years on this forum. Then there are day traders. They will shill coin when they hold it and FUD when they are accumulating.  So here are 3 possibilities of those accounts. But before i see them i cant really say where they belong. If you or anyone expect that any of Monero 100 developers took time and made an acount on this forum to bla bla about it just so he will praise his work when developing coin i think you will be disappointed.

Botnets. What is "large percent"  1%, 0.1%, 10%  . What number is number large?
Where this clue come from? Where can i check how many botnets mine Monero?  Is is only clue that can be mined by everyone on earth since are asic resistable and you can mine them with CPU?
What is a difference between botnet hash and hash from my CPU?  We both secure Monero network and we both get paid by how much hash power we give to secure it.
Talk about botnets is totally not needed since 1. botnets are just normal CPUs mining.  2. no one can prove that is even 1% of Monero hashpower made by botnets.
With GUI everyone will be able to mine with their wallet. I am sure even then will be bla bal of high % of botnets mining Monero altho wil be close no zero then.
raphma

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 03:15:32 PM

used or not, the simple fact they started to accept it is a big deal.

And probably on an exchange like Poloniex with their Monero "markets" where they request your picture ID.
poloniex only asks for ID if you want to DAILY withdraw more than 7k USD, DAILY. i'm pretty sure most users will be ok with that. Less than that you can "remain anon" easily.

--

funny to see that some people think monero will not succeed at DNM because it is "hard" to use. lol... like a few code lines would be hard to a DNM user...

dwgscale11 (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 03:31:35 PM

used or not, the simple fact they started to accept it is a big deal.

poloniex only asks for ID if you want to DAILY withdraw more than 7k USD, DAILY. i'm pretty sure most users will be ok with that. Less than that you can "remain anon" easily.

--

funny to see that some people think monero will not succeed at DNM because it is "hard" to use. lol... like a few code lines would be hard to a DNM user...

Uh, yes it would, as most users arent coders at all? Darknet thug buyers and sellers dont know the technology behind it, they were taught the simplest way with bitcoin by their nerd buddy who happens to be smart enough to know how to transact safely without losing it all.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: