Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:12:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: if blockchain can be applied in other areas, what are the incentives???  (Read 1172 times)
happyljj (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 12:57:45 AM

Hi,everyone:
I am new to bitcoin area and blockchain technology.I have been reading a lot of papers related to how to apply blockchain technology to some specific areas, for example, user authetication, health record or more.

I am wondering are they using bitcoin blockchain system if they apply blockchain technology?
If yes, I will assume each of their implementation come with a bitcoin cost.If it is true, it would make me more confused,  because for some paper, they apply block chain on the cloud in the area of user authentication. If we don't use blockchain, then we don't need to pay but since they use blockchain, I assume there is a fee for that(because miner get some reward, this reward must come from somewhere!!)

If no, what I mean is, if they are not using bitcoin blockchain sys, then they build up their own?? As what I know, all the benefits of [Suspicious link removed]es with "there are a number of miners compete with building a block", if they create their own blockchain, how can they make sure there are "enough" miners in their sys??? Huh

I would say, none of the paper mention about the incentives when they use blockchain technology, which makes me think they are kind of lack of applicability.

If I am wrong ,please let me know, cuz I am really confused about that...Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hannu

Activity: 1061
Merit: 502

RIP: S5, A faithful device long time

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 04:41:47 AM

Hi,everyone:
I am new to bitcoin area and blockchain technology.I have been reading a lot of papers related to how to apply blockchain technology to some specific areas, for example, user authetication, health record or more.

I am wondering are they using bitcoin blockchain system if they apply blockchain technology?
If yes, I will assume each of their implementation come with a bitcoin cost.If it is true, it would make me more confused,  because for some paper, they apply block chain on the cloud in the area of user authentication. If we don't use blockchain, then we don't need to pay but since they use blockchain, I assume there is a fee for that(because miner get some reward, this reward must come from somewhere!!)

If no, what I mean is, if they are not using bitcoin blockchain sys, then they build up their own?? As what I know, all the benefits of [Suspicious link removed]es with "there are a number of miners compete with building a block", if they create their own blockchain, how can they make sure there are "enough" miners in their sys??? Huh

I would say, none of the paper mention about the incentives when they use blockchain technology, which makes me think they are kind of lack of applicability.

If I am wrong ,please let me know, cuz I am really confused about that...Sad

Hey,

Blockchain can use example internet food markets and online stores  Grin

BTC: 3Qnnx4cu45Gx4WcksNCnBPu3TaUZ5sKkLo
LTC: LYX1ZH7f4qcXq52AzA6grUYDfDngVz7BEi
XRP: rLrbZMJDdL8eQd7HsW314bCtvE16LTLYkM?dt=1113
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 02:36:06 PM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

The only purpose is to ride the hype train and somehow get the term "blockchain" into the own project's name.
Blockchain-based pizza delivery service? Who cares if anyone needs that, it's damn sexy  Cheesy ... NOT!
PremiumCodeX

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:00:34 PM

"Other" than what? I have not seen any high quality (!) financial platform that, for example, would have a stable feature for P2P lending. I can think of one at the moment, but to be honest, it still is under development so I cannot know how many others will implement the idea. So, P2P lending is a feature I yet want to see in work.

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 05:12:59 PM

Blockchain Definition:
A blockchain is a type of distributed ledger, comprised of unchangable, digitally recorded data in packages called blocks.
These digitally recorded "blocks" of data is stored in a linear chain. Each block in the chain contains data (e.g. bitcoin transaction), is cryptographically hashed. The blocks of hashed data draw upon the previous-block (which came before it) in the chain, ensuring all data in the overall "blockchain" has not been tampered with and remains unchanged.

you can read more about blockchain and how it can be implemented in various businesses here:

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35370304
http://www.blockchaintechnologies.com/blockchain-financial-services
http://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2016/05/27/how-blockchain-technology-could-change-the-world/#c3ebdf849e09

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
valley365

Activity: 868
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 10:02:55 PM

the key to use blockchain is transparent and tamper-proof.

in today's financial system, theoretically all records can be altered. The records are stored in databases and despite many securities and backups, they are still not tamper-proof.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 10:15:29 PM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

the key to use blockchain is transparent and tamper-proof.

in today's financial system, theoretically all records can be altered. The records are stored in databases and despite many securities and backups, they are still not tamper-proof.

Even blockchains can be altered ... take a look at the DAO debacle and Vitalik's ETH hard fork.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: