Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:10:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Atheists more depressed?  (Read 749 times)
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 11:50:54 PM

Every one of us gets depressed sometimes

I just feel, since I stopped believing in a god, it lasts longer

I always had an imaginary being I could talk to about anything before bed
He would listen
He would hear my troubles, my requests
And although he didn't fulfil them, I felt better just feeling there is someone that could help me just because I was just

I stopped believing years ago, but I continued to "pray" as a habit
A couple of months ago I just stopped
I felt like I was ready for a loony bin,  I'm talking to a freaking imaginary friend..

And since then, when something bad happens in my life, the depression just lingers with me
I tried praying again, but it isn't helping since I know I'm talking to empty air

Are theists happier because of their ignorance?

It just feels so terrible!
I want there to be a god, someone who punishes evil, someone who rewards the good...
But there isn't..
My mind doesn't even bring that into question, I know there isn't a god
And it makes me sad

What's the purpose of my life?
I will just live and disappear after my death

Are ignorant people happier at all, aside from religion?
I remember a time I slept less then 5 hours a day, my mind literally crumbled, I couldn't think
But I was fucking happy, I was happy as hell, I didn't know why
I woke up happy, I went to bed exhausted, but happy!
Just because I didn't think about the world, about the things happening around me, the stupid choices of our leaders, I just thought about things going on right now, in this very moment

Looking for a signature campaign.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JoeinJapan

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 12:55:29 AM

It just feels so terrible!
Look around you and listen closely. No, not to the silence but to the people. People are negative, terrible, sad, depressed. Why?

A human is a biological system.  We have input (signals) and output (thought, speech, actions). Everywhere around us are negative inputs (TV news, Social Media, Negative people, News Paper, Internet shit). Given negative inputs, the biological system gives negative output. If an input is positive (humor, jokes), the biological system gives positive output.

I want there to be a god, someone who punishes evil, someone who rewards the good...
But there isn't..

My mind doesn't even bring that into question, I know there isn't a god
And it makes me sad
Sorry I'm late. How may I help you?

Your purpose is to serve me  Grin
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 07:24:35 AM

Or perhaps you should look closely at the logic that led you away from God. Perhaps you are more depressed because you have adopted a philosophy that is fundamentally unhealthy.

The answer to your question is yes. On average athiest are more depressed.

See:
Health and Religion

For an in depth explanation.

groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 08:26:26 AM

They said.  They are more into committing suicide because of they have many questions and unhappy with their lives.  They do not love and take care of themselves because they think that they are supreme being.  They always questioned things about God.  They are more into partying and bad habits.  They are depressed because they always think that they are highly capable and highly intellectual than other people surrounding them.  Unlike some committed and very religious people who really take good care of themselves.
zenitzz

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 09:19:13 AM

I think because atheists take life more seriously because don't believe in a heaven or afterlife so maybe yes atheist are depressed,
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 09:49:05 AM

There are many types of atheist so there is not an exact answer.

Generally Atheists are more curious and more likely to end up in situations with no answers. They don't have a god to fulfill the void of wisdom. So there is more stress.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 09:51:56 PM

Generally, atheists are less depressed. Why? Because they have blocked themselves from thinking about a whole section of life. So, they don't have to deal with it. But they will, later.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 10:29:17 PM

Look around you and listen closely. No, not to the silence but to the people. People are negative, terrible, sad, depressed. Why?

A human is a biological system.  We have input (signals) and output (thought, speech, actions). Everywhere around us are negative inputs (TV news, Social Media, Negative people, News Paper, Internet shit). Given negative inputs, the biological system gives negative output. If an input is positive (humor, jokes), the biological system gives positive output.

I try to.. Time just flies by, even when I'm free, I can't even watch south park or some other series that usually cheers me up
There's always something that reminds me how stupid humans can be

Sorry I'm late. How may I help you?

I need you to murder a few people  Cheesy

Your purpose is to serve me  Grin

How do I serve you m'lord?

Or perhaps you should look closely at the logic that led you away from God. Perhaps you are more depressed because you have adopted a philosophy that is fundamentally unhealthy.

The answer to your question is yes. On average athiest are more depressed.

See:
Health and Religion

For an in depth explanation.

Thanks for the answer mate  Smiley

They said.  They are more into committing suicide because of they have many questions and unhappy with their lives.  They do not love and take care of themselves because they think that they are supreme being.  They always questioned things about God.  They are more into partying and bad habits.  They are depressed because they always think that they are highly capable and highly intellectual than other people surrounding them.  Unlike some committed and very religious people who really take good care of themselves.

I believe I am taking good care of myself, at least I try to
I am into partying and bad habits  Cheesy

It's just that.. God damn it..
Why the fuck do I get so depressed  Cheesy

I don't have anything really BAD going on in my life, just regular things, and I'm bloody sad..

Looking for a signature campaign.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 03:30:02 AM

Generally, atheists are less depressed. Why? Because they have blocked themselves from thinking about a whole section of life. So, they don't have to deal with it. But they will, later.

Cool

nah, I believe it's because atheists don't have to deal with good/bad, heaven/hell stuff. tbh it all depends on from person to person, I was an atheist when I was an edgy teenager, now I can't say I'm a christian because I don't believe in christian god or anything like that but I do live by the words of jesus and practise the orthodox church holidays like slavas, christmas, badnje vece (have no idea what's tht in catholicism and too lazy to look it up now), etc,etc... but I also love to meditate and also live by the teachings of buddha, since they are closely similar to one another.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Leprikon

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 09:44:23 AM

Those who believe in God, when they are bad to hope that God will help them. Therefore, they are coping with depression faster. Atheists hope only for themselves.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: