Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:14:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB six S5 miners, doesn't matter if they work  (Read 1133 times)
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 12:31:13 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2016, 01:41:34 AM by sidehack

I'm looking to buy about half a dozen S5 miners.

I'm not too concerned if they work or not, provided they aren't all burnt up. I also don't want anything with chipside heatsinks (no S5+, just S5).

So if someone's got some dead miners now would be a good time to recoup a bit on that.

I'm in the US, so US sources preferred.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jstew

Activity: 469
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 12:44:32 AM

I'm looking to buy about half a dozen S5 miners.

I'm not too concerned if they work or not, provided they aren't all burnt up. I also don't want the version with chipside heatsinks.

So if someone's got some dead miners now would be a good time to recoup a bit on that.

I'm in the US, so US sources preferred.

i have 2 dead s5's with the boards u are looking for , if i rember right one board had a blown up resistor , and the others all looked just fine just wouldnt hash
generalt
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 01:34:44 AM

So you're not interested in any S5+ boards?  I have a couple of non-working ones that I can donate to your cause.

BTC: 1GENERALrtBAjEv2Ps5cmEW1FADnXh1bCZ
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 01:40:58 AM

Nope, not at all. I might be interested in S5+ hardware for the museum but right now I don't have a lot of budget. This is for a chip-harvesting project so I need chips capable of being harvested.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Gren

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 02:18:42 AM

I have 3 temperamental s5's gathering dust, they still work but have varying levels of nuisance ,quirks and attention to keep them hashing, no more than 2 xx' or missing oo's per machine

if you are just harvesting chips would you rather just receive the hashing boards and nothing else? it be no trouble for me to strip them down, it be cheaper to ship id suppose.

I also have a "non warranty-able" s9 hashing board i can throw in if that interests you.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 02:25:45 AM

Honestly, I'd be interested in the whole S5 machine in the OEM package. I might use the cores in a future project, and if not I'm wasting my own money on shipping.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 05:12:54 PM

Hey, i'm not sure if its worth shipping from Canada, but i probably still have that dead board that's technically your's. (We were waiting for the pod thing exchange) I don't know if shipping from Canada is more or less than what you planned on paying.

If its worth the effort for me i could disassemble one or two S5's. (I do have 4S5 and they mostly work, 1 or 2 flaky board, but on free electricity its probably best to keep the last 2 running than selling?)

Anyhow, just an option if you somehow can't find a easier source.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 05:18:44 PM

I probably should finish out some of the at this point comically outdated pod prototypes I have and see about auctioning them off or something. The last PCB I cooked up never got fully tested, but it should run directly off an S5 controller without having to hack anything.

I'll keep you in mind if I have trouble. I don't really need anything for a couple weeks so there's time to see what turns up.

buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 07:00:15 PM

I have 2 working S5's what are you offering for them?

Thanks!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 07:03:05 PM

Dunno. What do you want for them, shipped slow-boat to MO 65401?

jstew

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 09:28:05 PM

Dunno. What do you want for them, shipped slow-boat to MO 65401?

i dbl checked mine and its only 1 s5 thats the style ur looking for ,  are u building more compaqs? if so can i just send it to u in return for a compaq or discount on one?
the other unit actually works so its prolly worth it more for me to hold onto that one
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 09:39:44 PM

I double-checked mine and it's only 1 s5 that's the style you're looking for. Are you building more Compacs? If so, can I just send it to you in return for a Compac or discount on one?
The other unit actually works so it's probably worth more for me to hold onto that one.

Stickler'd that one for you.

I'm harvesting chips mostly for a commission job, sorry. No sticks to give away.

jstew

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 09:45:49 PM

I double-checked mine and it's only 1 s5 that's the style you're looking for. Are you building more Compacs? If so, can I just send it to you in return for a Compac or discount on one?
The other unit actually works so it's probably worth more for me to hold onto that one.

Stickler'd that one for you.

I'm harvesting chips mostly for a commission job, sorry. No sticks to give away.

darn i kind miss having usb miners for a lottery ticket, all i have left is 2x u2's for 4gh i dont even bother with them anymore .
anyways let me know what ur willing to pay for the 1 , hell if its enough i may even part with the full on working unit

ive actually been holding onto alot of s3/s5 stuff just incase those retrofit blades ever came to be
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 09:57:58 PM

I'm really hoping I'll be able to build some for you, but right now I'm waiting for confirmed cooperation with a chip vendor. So far I'm at samples, but no datasheets or pinouts or prices. So who knows.

Tell you what, I'll see if I can scrounge up a Compac or two if you want to trade.

jstew

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 09:59:03 PM

I'm really hoping I'll be able to build some for you, but right now I'm waiting for confirmed cooperation with a chip vendor. So far I'm at samples, but no datasheets or pinouts or prices. So who knows.

Tell you what, I'll see if I can scrounge up a Compac or two if you want to trade.

sounds like a deal just let me know
a29654

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 05:28:50 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2016, 05:53:19 AM by a29654

I have 2 antminer with missing io board. Everything else works wel, not damaged. How much would you offer for them
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 03:37:59 PM

Well, I definitely ignored this thread for about two weeks. Whoops. Followed up to most of y'all.

Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 03:51:20 PM

Well, I definitely ignored this thread for about two weeks. Whoops. Followed up to most of y'all.

I've got 2 working S5's with the acrylic side/bottom panels and dual push/pull fans

Asking .19BTC each shipped from the US.

Will accept BTC, ETH, LTC, or (Paypal + 3%)
sobe-it

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 06:44:51 PM

I still have about 1 boards worth of pulled chips. Pm me an address and ill see if i can get em out tomm.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 12:21:30 AM

Oh yeah, what do you want for it?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: