Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:53:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with some Terminal commands (Linux) (SOLVED)  (Read 363 times)
MovieBTC (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 01:08:33 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2016, 04:35:10 PM by MovieBTC

Hello i need some help with a few terminal commands, or a script really.

what i need is a Executable file which will do the following

1 Open the terminal in 160x50 (size)

2 Display a Text (HIT ENTER to for step 3 to trigger)

3 Execute the command "Links" (links is a Terminal based Web browser)

state price below Smiley

Code: Hello
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dc1a0

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 02:49:42 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2016, 03:36:22 AM by dc1a0

I can do it for .005BTC and can have it to you in just a few minutes after you let me know which switches/etc you want for links.

Edit:If you want anything else added we can talk about it as I went ahead and put most of it together.
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 03:31:28 AM

Is this offer still open or you got the coder for doing this? I believe I could do this for the reward amount of 0.005 to 0.01 BTC based on any further enhancement you will be opting for. Please PM for any clarifications.
MovieBTC (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 10:21:43 AM

still looking for help.

this is the text i want it to show when you first click on it

Code:
echo "                                                                         "
echo "                                                     _  _                "
echo "                                                    ' \/ '               "
echo "   _  _                        <|                                        "
echo "    \/              __'__     __'__      __'__                           "
echo "                   /    /    /    /     /    /                           "
echo "                  /\____\    \____\     \____\               _  _        "
echo "                 / ___!___   ___!___    ___!___               \/         "
echo "               // (      (  (      (   (      (                          "
echo "             / /   \______\  \______\   \______\                         "
echo "           /  /   ____!_____ ___!______ ____!_____                       "
echo "         /   /   /         //         //         /                       "
echo "      /    /   |         ||         ||         |                         "
echo "     /_____/     \         \\         \\         \                       "
echo "           \      \_________\\_________\\_________\                      "
echo "            \         |          |         |                             "
echo "             \________!__________!_________!________/                    "
echo "              \|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_/|                    "
echo "               \    __XXXXXXXX____                /                      "
echo " ^^^%%%^%^^^%^%%^\_"/_)/_)_/_)__)/_)/)/)_)_"_'_"_//)/)/)/)%%%^^^%^^%%%%^ "
echo " ^!!^^"!%%!^^^!^^^!!^^^%%%%%!!!!^^^%%^^^!!%%%%^^^!!!!!!%%%^^^^%^^%%%^^^! "                                                
echo "                                   ' \/ '                                "

its a ASCII image so it might be disformed here. i manged to display it in the terminal but i get these two errors " Syntax Error line 20 unexpected Token (' " and ´echo echo " ^^^%%%^%^^^%^%%^\_"/_)/_)_/_)__)/_)/)/)_)_"_'_"_//)/)/)/)%%%^^^%^^%%%%^ " " (everything down from the 21st line disappears)

(these lines do not show up
Code:
echo " ^^^%%%^%^^^%^%%^\_"/_)/_)_/_)__)/_)/)/)_)_"_'_"_//)/)/)/)%%%^^^%^^%%%%^ "
echo " ^!!^^"!%%!^^^!^^^!!^^^%%%%%!!!!^^^%%^^^!!%%%%^^^!!!!!!%%%^^^^%^^%%%^^^! "                                               
echo "                                   ' \/ '                                "

dc1a0

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 02:29:57 PM

still looking for help.

this is the text i want it to show when you first click on it

Code:
echo "                                                                         "
echo "                                                     _  _                "
echo "                                                    ' \/ '               "
echo "   _  _                        <|                                        "
echo "    \/              __'__     __'__      __'__                           "
echo "                   /    /    /    /     /    /                           "
echo "                  /\____\    \____\     \____\               _  _        "
echo "                 / ___!___   ___!___    ___!___               \/         "
echo "               // (      (  (      (   (      (                          "
echo "             / /   \______\  \______\   \______\                         "
echo "           /  /   ____!_____ ___!______ ____!_____                       "
echo "         /   /   /         //         //         /                       "
echo "      /    /   |         ||         ||         |                         "
echo "     /_____/     \         \\         \\         \                       "
echo "           \      \_________\\_________\\_________\                      "
echo "            \         |          |         |                             "
echo "             \________!__________!_________!________/                    "
echo "              \|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_/|                    "
echo "               \    __XXXXXXXX____                /                      "
echo "                                   ' \/ '                                "

its a ASCII image so it might be disformed here. i manged to display it in the terminal but i get these two errors " Syntax Error line 20 unexpected Token (' " and ´echo echo " ^^^%%%^%^^^%^%%^\_"/_)/_)_/_)__)/_)/)/)_)_"_'_"_//)/)/)/)%%%^^^%^^%%%%^ " " (everything down from the 21st line disappears)

(these lines do not show up
Code:
Well, first, you have some errors on the lines that don't show up. Second, I fail to see what that would have to do with links, unless you have something specific in mind. Feel free to PM me about it. Depending on what you're wanting, the price might be higher. I'll know for sure after I get all the details.
MagicIsMe

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Negative trust resolution: index.php?topic=1439270

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 02:46:22 PM

The first thing I have to know is your OS. What specific Linux distribution are you using (GUI, etc.)? Second, the error, ignorantly stated by the above poster, is due to the backslashes being interpreted as commands.

I would appreciate tips and would be glad to make it for you. I'll start once you PM me by testing it on my own Linux distro.

dc1a0

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 04:01:04 PM

Ignorant, tactful, same difference to some I suppose. Everyone is free to think what they wish though. At least I don't need to try to discredit anyone else in an attempt to make myself look better. To each their own, I guess.
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 04:31:23 PM

The first thing I have to know is your OS. What specific Linux distribution are you using (GUI, etc.)? Second, the error, ignorantly stated by the above poster, is due to the backslashes being interpreted as commands.

I would appreciate tips and would be glad to make it for you. I'll start once you PM me by testing it on my own Linux distro.
Linux...your script should be able be executed on any distribution.Hope you know he wants a bash script which is executable on double click instead of opening in gedit.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
MovieBTC (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 04:31:55 PM

i manged to fix it, i replaced ^ % & to something diffrent and it worked.
also used read -n1 -r -p "enter" key to paus the terminal and then execute the following command

Code:
#!bin/bash
"Echo (Ascii image)

read -n1 -r -p "enter" key

links file//Path to file

/bin/bash

worked like a charm Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: