Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:30:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mtgox freeze money, Absurd answers of support, student desperate and out option  (Read 2157 times)
morkai421 (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 09:10:54 AM

I'm a verified 1 year old Mtgox account holder investing spare money in btc when I can affort it, making small deposit from time to time (few hundreds at most)

My last deposit was not showing up for no reason and I contacted support

On checking our AML team has flagged the deposit [..] Kindly upload any one of both Photo ID and Residence proof to https://mtgox.com/forms/verification [..You can] contact thenm at aml@tibanne.com

• The link provided states I'm a verified member (I know that..) and there is no upload button anymore.
  • I contacted the AML team by mail and recieved 0 answers.
  • The support desk team keeps saying the same thing over and over without even reading messages.

I'm at loss of words

Huh Cry Angry

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:38:15 PM

I'm a verified 1 year old Mtgox account holder investing spare money in btc when I can affort it, making small deposit from time to time (few hundreds at most)

On checking our AML team has flagged the deposit [..] Kindly upload any one of both Photo ID and Residence proof to https://mtgox.com/forms/verification [..You can] contact thenm at aml@tibanne.com

• The link provided states I'm a verified member (I know that..) and there is no upload button anymore.
  • The support desk team keeps saying the same thing over and over without even reading messages.

I'm at loss of words

Huh Cry Angry

This is all part of serving the community, you just don't understand it.

Here's Karpeles lying to me, tho, if it makes you feel any better.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Mt.Gox_Support_Natalie

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 04:49:38 PM

I'm at loss of words

Huh Cry Angry

Hello,

My name is Natalie from the Support Team.  As the AML team does not work on weekends, I will check with them tomorrow why your deposit was flagged for AML and update you again through your ticket.  Thank you for your patience.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 06:00:07 PM

Hello,

My name is Natalie from the Support Team.  As the AML team does not work on weekends, I will check with them tomorrow why your deposit was flagged for AML and update you again through your ticket.  Thank you for your patience.

So basically you are saying that you had a breach in the system and the attacker flagged accounts? Since AML doesn't work on weekends?

People. STOP LYING.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Mt.Gox_Support_Natalie

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 06:14:50 AM

Hello,

So basically you are saying that you had a breach in the system and the attacker flagged accounts? Since AML doesn't work on weekends?

People. STOP LYING.

Hello,

It appears to have been flagged before the weekend and I could not get a hold of the AML team for their answer during the weekend.  This matter has been resolved and I will communicate with the user directly through his ticket.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 07:22:25 AM

Gox is well known for seizing accounts and stealing the money. This is nothing new. If you are lucky you you get to send them in about 20 documents proving who you are with out question and they will give you your funds back.

Gox is still holding the bitcoinica funds hostage and wont release them to the correct owners "cuz documents and privacy".

2013, using Gox... Face palm.

Sounds like Paipal and Dwullaaa.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 04:38:57 PM

Hello,

It appears to have been flagged before the weekend and I could not get a hold of the AML team for their answer during the weekend.  This matter has been resolved and I will communicate with the user directly through his ticket.

Yes, because the guy reported it on Sunday, so probably he hadn't noticed it until then although it happened before the weekend. And also a four day weekend counts as ~20 minutes.

And also the management from Malebolge that oversees this entire process figured it's pretty, fine&dandy to flag accounts at close of business on Friday, and that this does not create an obligation to stay at work through the weekend and resolve any fuck-ups (such as this one).

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:05:49 AM

Yes, mtgox has a very long history of detaining the users' money. It detains Bitcoinica users' money and refuse to give it back.
The liquidator which was appointed by the High Court of New zealand are considering taking legal action against this exchange.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: