Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:33:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is escrow?  (Read 1516 times)
ricreis394 (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 12:53:36 AM

I searched for topics in trading section. I see in a lot of topics people talking about escrow like: "escrow is a must"
What does that mean?
I see that escrow is a website to make payments more secure, no?
But I saw in another topic one guy telling that he wants to be a third escrow. This confuses me.  Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2016, 12:58:59 AM

An escrow is someone (company or person) who is trusted by the buyer and seller. The escrow will act as a middleman who makes sure that neither the buyer nor the seller scams anyone. Money, and usually the product, goes to the escrow. The escrow verifies that the product is as advertised, and then forwards both the payment and the product to the respective parties. If there is a dispute, the escrow is supposed to act as a mediator and resolve the dispute.

ricreis394 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 01:02:05 AM

An escrow is someone (company or person) who is trusted by the buyer and seller. The escrow will act as a middleman who makes sure that neither the buyer nor the seller scams anyone. Money, and usually the product, goes to the escrow. The escrow verifies that the product is as advertised, and then forwards both the payment and the product to the respective parties. If there is a dispute, the escrow is supposed to act as a mediator and resolve the dispute.
ok. Now makes sense
But who could be the escrow if I don't have any friend in common with the guy I want to trade. (this is an example)
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2016, 01:03:57 AM

ok. Now makes sense
But who could be the escrow if I don't have any friend in common with the guy I want to trade. (this is an example)
A lot of people on the forum act as escrows. They have trade histories and are trusted by other members of the forum. The feedback system lets users see who trusts that user and has had a good experience trading with him.

ricreis394 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 01:09:06 AM

ok. Now makes sense
A lot of people on the forum act as escrows. They have trade histories and are trusted by other members of the forum. The feedback system lets users see who trusts that user and has had a good experience trading with him.
but there's a chance of the escrow guy be a scammer?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2016, 01:19:55 AM

Yes, it has happened before.

Here is a list of trusted escrows: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855778.0. If you look at the user's profile, the higher number their trust is, generally the more trustworthy they are.

john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 01:27:26 AM

ok. Now makes sense
It can be possible someone already do that even he has high reputation here and trusted he scam..
But he just risk his account the account here also have a good value so if you do bad things here you will receive negative trust and your account is no value no can buy accounts with negative trust.. so if you are trusted and reputative here don't think to plan what are you thinking to scam someone.. its impossible unless even you are reputative and trusted some company trusting you to hold a lots of bitcoin i am sure you can scam him but the problem here not all company or sponsor can put a large amount to be escrow.. last time master-p remember his one of the trusted before..
pocarime32

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 01:48:45 AM

Escrow is like a middle man or a third man that help us to make the transaction become more safety and choose Escrow must be a popular and have a high trust account. People use escrow to prevent scammer.
Viyamore

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 03:35:30 AM

I searched for topics in trading section. I see in a lot of topics people talking about escrow like: "escrow is a must"
What does that mean?
But I saw in another topic one guy telling that he wants to be a third escrow. This confuses me.  Huh
Yes, escrow is a must especially the buyer or seller of any things on this forum is a newbie account .
An escrow must be Sr.member and above and have a positive trust which you can trust and he will act as the middle man/third escrow as the payment is sent to him for sure transaction made . Many legit escrows are there on the list but it has a fee .some escrows just offer a free escrow to help and to gain trust.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      ..Powered by..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 06:08:27 AM

Escrow is a third party which serves as a middle man for protecting both the buyer and the seller during a deal and ensures everything stated is correct

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 07:11:22 AM

An escrow service allows safer payment by securely holding a buyer's coins in escrow until the terms of the sale are met and as a result the buyer releases payment to the seller. In most cases no dispute is filed and no 3rd party action is needed.
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 08:25:33 AM

What does that mean?
Escrow is a man middle where buyer send his bitcoin to escrow to secured the funds before it will release to the seller once the escrow confrimed that the seller realase the item / anything to buyer then it will going to confirm the buyer that the item is receive then he is going to tell the escrow to release the funds to the seller.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 08:52:33 AM

What does that mean?

Escrow is  considered as a middle man between seller and a buyer , this person would  hold   the funds and the  items that have been bought or any other things that  being sold. With  escrow you could somehow assured your self  or lessen the risk  of being scammed compared to P2P trading.

Zosuda

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 10:55:11 AM

An escrow is a trusted person who will be in the middle of the deal to make sure its goes well for both party's.

They sometimes hold both items/funds before making the switch.
ricreis394 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 01:33:16 PM

normally that is something that is doing in skype or just pm from the forum?
Because with pm seems to take a long time, no?
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 06:28:52 PM

I think most of the escrow service provider in this forum uses PM for communication and also it is safer to deal over forum so that they can have proper record of who they are giving their escrow service and for what. With skype many used it to scam people however i agree that finding escrow and completing deal may take longer time than without escrow but better to wait few hours/days than lossing your bitcoin without getting anything.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 06:34:53 PM

Both, you can find trusted escrows on the forum here, who will even do it for free, or against a low fee, and makes it a secure trade.

20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 06:41:12 PM

I think most of the escrow service provider in this forum uses PM for communication and also it is safer to deal over forum so that they can have proper record of who they are giving their escrow service and for what. With skype many used it to scam people however i agree that finding escrow and completing deal may take longer time than without escrow but better to wait few hours/days than lossing your bitcoin without getting anything.

Skype is much easier because you can literally speak but yes, it's hard to have proofs afterwards. You can change your Skype name and other stuff, while on BTCTalk it stays the same no matter what.
abhishek.g

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 06:48:18 PM

What does that mean?

Well this is the question that makes you look so cute . Escrow means any guy or company who will keep both parties' (involved in a trade) money in his hands and will cross share the money to parties .

For instance, if X and Y are going to trade then Z will keep money of X and Y and will share the money to X if he receives money from Y and then he will share the money to Y he received from X .
Zohaib_Ali

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 06:55:32 PM

One of the best explanation I had seen and read in a week or so. Lol.  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: