Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:01:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [COINO] The New Coin(O) Community Discussion Thread  (Read 16278 times)
DOGEbubble (OP)

Activity: 884
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 05:56:04 AM

For those who had funds on the old webwallet (wallet.coinocoin.com), are they lost or retrievable?  Huh

The old webwallet balances (including my deposits there) were stolen and it was subsequently taken down along with the website.

( A new webwallet, a jswallet, failed to work, due to data leak & large blockchain files, leading to the present fork/swap.)

See  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=605442.740

The CNO jswallet works now. still not fully working for withdrawal.
Mobile use of Coin(o) formally begins today.
 Cheesy

I can confirm the official web wallet is broken.  I last checked in on it a few months ago - at that time the Coinod running on it had a balance of several million and all was well.  When I checked it today it has a balance of about 4,000 left.  It shows three accounts that have a negative balance.  I assume someone found an exploit in the code and used it to take the Coino.  I'm not sure the value of Coino really makes such an attack worthwhile... but maybe someone had a lot of time on their hands.

SMCardle wrote the wallet some time ago, before he disappeared.  I don't have any intention of looking for the bug or fixing it given that the other wallet is running now.

Is anyone going to be upset if I just pull the plug on that server and let the old wallet go away?

I might be one of those few using the original Web wallet, deposited a sizable amount, played slot game a few times and forgot about it.
The posted balance for my web wallet is 517544 CNO.

If nothing else we can do, I have no objection to discontinue the old web wallet and to move on to do what are more important. It is costly to maintain a web wallet, even worse if it is not working right and hard to fix.

It's a shame that I can not use them for my up-coming mibile-CNO campaign.

It is my belief that it is the user base not the coin feature itself without everyday-users/adopters of the coin that ultimately determine the cryptocoin value
================================================

DOGEbubble (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 06:18:30 AM

Hi, Every Coino community member:

It is time to show the most basic and most powerful community support.

Once the Coino Swap is done, we need to get Coino upvoted to TradeSatoshi Exchange site.

https://www.tradesatoshi.com/

I am eying the Faucet program (as well as "webwallet") there, to gear up promotions.

This will be one of more promotions to come. Cheesy

DOGEbubble (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 09:49:10 PM

Announcement:

On June 20, 2017
Coino CNO  migrates from Scrypt to
PoS+ PoW/ X11 Hybrid   Now

GitHub updated 6/20/2017:   Go to Github

Windows, linux, source, paper wallet: https://www.mediafire.com/?g19nvxrd8daddzp
Import procedures and information: https://www.mediafire.com/?jyjbanvni8ksk2u
Explorer: http://159.203.71.86

New Coino CNO spec:

PoW/PoS Hybrid

Block time: 365 seconds
PoW/x11:  Block reward starts at 8 CNOs/block
                halving every 10,000 blocks until it reaches 0.125 CNOs/block

PoS: 0.5% annual rate; ( Minimum Stake Age 30 days; Maximum Stake Age 90 days)

Telescopium

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

Diamond good coin

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 10:59:25 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2017, 11:40:43 PM by Telescopium

What about upgrading your wallet to https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/  Do they accept this update?

I checked the work of this wallet. When I try to put my wallet.dat file in it from the old wallet, an incompatibility error occurs. How can you explain this?

DOGEbubble (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 12:58:09 AM

What about upgrading your wallet to https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/  Do they accept this update?

I checked the work of this wallet. When I try to put my wallet.dat file in it from the old wallet, an incompatibility error occurs. How can you explain this?

Both Cryptopia and NOVAexchange have been notified. So are CryptoID (Explorer) and Cryptoguru (faucet) site.

I am still testing and checking the functions.

Make sure to follow procedures to import coins from old wallet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Windows:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Importing coins from old wallet (WINDOWS):

1) Start the new client and wait for the block chain to download completely. Exit the client.

2) We'll start by locating your old wallet.dat file. You'll have to go to C:\users\YOURNAME\appdata\roaming. This can be easily done by going to Start->Run and typing in %APPDATA%

3) You should see two folders, Coino and CoinoV2.

4) Copy the wallet.dat file from Coino into CoinoV2, replacing the one that is there.

**MAKE SURE YOU ARE COPYING FROM Coino INTO CoinoV2 AND NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND, OR YOU WILL IRREVERSIBLY LOSE ALL OF YOUR COINS.**

Making backups -before- replacing anything is highly recommended.

5) You can do either option below, they will do the same thing:

Run the client with the -salvagewallet flag to finalize the process.
     OR
   Put finalize.bat in the same folder as Coino-qt.exe. Run finalize.bat to finalize the process.

After doing either of these, your coins should now be in the new client.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOGEbubble (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 01:51:17 AM

Please note:

The top 1000 wallet addresses should be updated now. The remaining 100K addresses ( with very low balances, most of them) might take few days, to get redistributed/updated although the whole process might takes longer up to 2-4 weeks to be 100% completed.
 Cheesy

GrinZ
Legendary

Activity: 1572
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:12:56 AM

Please note:

The top 1000 wallet addresses should be updated now. The remaining 100K addresses ( with very low balances, most of them) might take few days, to get redistributed/updated although the whole process might takes longer up to 2-4 weeks to be 100% completed.
 Cheesy

You can try to use:
sendmany <fromaccount> '{address:amount,...}' [minconf=1] [comment]

for me, optimal outputs count = 100.
This function usually allow to send a multiple outputs in one transactions. This is a more faster than generate a personal transactions.
Telescopium

Diamond good coin

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:53:41 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 09:30:30 AM by Telescopium

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Windows:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Importing coins from old wallet (WINDOWS):

1) Start the new client and wait for the block chain to download completely. Exit the client.

2) We'll start by locating your old wallet.dat file. You'll have to go to C:\users\YOURNAME\appdata\roaming. This can be easily done by going to Start->Run and typing in %APPDATA%

3) You should see two folders, Coino and CoinoV2.

4) Copy the wallet.dat file from Coino into CoinoV2, replacing the one that is there.

**MAKE SURE YOU ARE COPYING FROM Coino INTO CoinoV2 AND NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND, OR YOU WILL IRREVERSIBLY LOSE ALL OF YOUR COINS.**

Making backups -before- replacing anything is highly recommended.

5) You can do either option below, they will do the same thing:

Run the client with the -salvagewallet flag to finalize the process.
     OR
   Put finalize.bat in the same folder as Coino-qt.exe. Run finalize.bat to finalize the process.

After doing either of these, your coins should now be in the new client.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did as you described. But as a result, I get a message "I could not initialize keypool" I'm using Windows 7 x32 I run my wallet through a shortcut with a team
Code:
G:\coino\Coino.exe -salvagewallet

This is not an allegation. You can see for yourself my balance in the old wallet

While a new wallet twith  a new wallet.dat file is normally started

But if I run the wallet with the old wallet.dat file without a shortcut -salvagewallet, then I still get this window

Huh

GrinZ
Legendary

Activity: 1572
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:39:13 AM

Telescopium,

For my wallet, salvage don't work too.
I transferred all my funded addresses manually. (dumpprivkey, importprivkey)

ps. as i see, now imported only first 1k addresses.
http://cryptoguru.tk/RichList/index.php?Currency=CNO
Telescopium

Diamond good coin

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:54:27 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 12:05:27 PM by Telescopium

Telescopium,

I do not want to import private keys, because I'm not sure that the wallet functions normally and it's securety. My old file wallet.dat is reliably protected by a password and in case of security problems, malicious agents will not be able to use my coins. If here officially announced a new release, then it must be thoroughly tested. Files from the old and new Coino wallet should be compatible. So let the developers check and correct these errors.

I will give you a simple example. When the Diamond developers changed a Script algorithm on the Groestl and released a new wallet, I just needed to transfer my wallet.dat file from the old wallet to the new wallet. And there was no compatibility problem. So this is only a matter of competent coding and compilation.

DOGEbubble (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 05:59:10 PM

Telescopium,

I do not want to import private keys, because I'm not sure that the wallet functions normally and it's securety. My old file wallet.dat is reliably protected by a password and in case of security problems, malicious agents will not be able to use my coins. If here officially announced a new release, then it must be thoroughly tested. Files from the old and new Coino wallet should be compatible. So let the developers check and correct these errors.

I will give you a simple example. When the Diamond developers changed a Script algorithm on the Groestl and released a new wallet, I just needed to transfer my wallet.dat file from the old wallet to the new wallet. And there was no compatibility problem. So this is only a matter of competent coding and compilation.

We did not have this problem with the previous relaunch last year, either. The difference is that we cannot afford the previous large blockchain file sizes. Nobody see the problems; My older, larger wallet files could not run any more for close to one year and Coino has been considered as dead to me.

I do not know of any direct fork/swap has been done for a crypto of such large blockchain files. Yes, it will be close to about one month to get all Addresses redistributed/propagated/updated. This process can not be tested until it is tested in the real world and in real time. It is not about the competency of programming. It is about $ and budget to get it done. If we can hire a supercomputer, we probably will not see significant delay and face such issues.

A swap from old coin to a total new coin through exchanges is the usual way but there are issues of whether the swap would be done appropriately and transparently.  Cheesy

Telescopium

Diamond good coin

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:21:30 PM

Telescopium,

We did not have this problem with the previous relaunch last year, either. The difference is that we cannot afford the previous large blockchain file sizes. Nobody see the problems; My older, larger wallet files could not run any more for close to one year and Coino has been considered as dead to me.

I do not know of any direct fork/swap has been done for a crypto of such large blockchain files. Yes, it will be close to about one month to get all Addresses redistributed/propagated/updated. This process can not be tested until it is tested in the real world and in real time. It is not about the competency of programming. It is about $ and budget to get it done. If we can hire a supercomputer, we probably will not see significant delay and face such issues.

A swap from old coin to a total new coin through exchanges is the usual way but there are issues of whether the swap would be done appropriately and transparently.  Cheesy

One minute. If you think that the only correct way to transfer an old wallet to a new one is to export and import a private key, then why describe a method that does not work in advance with the replacement of the wallet.dat file?

You say that this coin was already considered dead for you, but who then organized this update?. Any new development requires the forces of time and money. If certain resources were spent on this update, then let's make it so that all users of Coino can update their files normally. Otherwise it will be a bad start with a new sheet.

DOGEbubble (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 01:25:30 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 02:32:51 PM by DOGEbubble

One minute. If you think that the only correct way to transfer an old wallet to a new one is to export and import a private key, then why describe a method that does not work in advance with the replacement of the wallet.dat file?

You say that this coin was already considered dead for you, but who then organized this update?. Any new development requires the forces of time and money. If certain resources were spent on this update, then let's make it so that all users of Coino can update their files normally. Otherwise it will be a bad start with a new sheet.

I do not believe there is misspelling. I meant that Coino was and "has been considered as dead to me"-  Not the case after rebuilding of blockchain files to a new one.

Nothing suggests that this approach won't work . I have yet to confirm with some of my Coino addresses in the "top 1000" to see there is any problem. The one I started with has only 16 coino and at this moment it is zero in balance; it does not both me because it is consistent with the fact that more time is likely needed.

I do believe that a few days are needed to confirm that most Coino addresses balance are finished with redistribution. Any approach could take time but I admit that this approach of waiting could be worrisome for me and certainly for anyone in the community.

I have yet to wait till stabilization of this Coino fork before further promotional campaigns.

What I am worrying more is that some of campaigns might not be working as anticipated. The best exchange with the exact kind of faucet functionality ( that I can take advantage of ), I have found and mentioned before, is TradeSatochi  https://www.tradesatoshi.com/Exchange/?market=J_BTC which has been AWOL/getting gateway error for one week. I hope that it will come back and it would be the only problem and no more.

DOGEbubble (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 12:08:54 AM

Mac wallet download
is up; also posted to the Op page                                           

mac wallet: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5j8d4FSc7drcW9SZkYyeWc1NWs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Instructions on Importing coins from old wallet (MAC):

2) Locate your data directory. You'll see two folders, Coino and CoinoV2

3) Copy the wallet.dat file from Coino into CoinoV2, replacing the one that is there.

**MAKE SURE YOU ARE COPYING FROM Coino INTO CoinoV2 AND NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND,
OR YOU WILL IRREVERSIBLY LOSE ALL OF YOUR COINS.**

Making backups before replacing anything is highly recommended.

4) Run the client with the -salvagewallet flag to finalize the process.
Your coins should now be in the new client.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Telescopium

Diamond good coin

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 10:27:09 PM

So, let's do it again

Describe the working method of transferring coins for Windows systems from old wallets to new ones. What do your tests show, the new wallet functions normally?

smt_red

Activity: 398
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 10:44:31 PM

Hoвый Кoинo2 этo кpyтo
 и y мeня пapa мoнeт yжe ecть,
 a ocтaльныe виcят нeдocтyпны?

Telescopium

Diamond good coin

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:36:08 AM

DOGEbubble

Who is the developer of this wallet? Why do not you want to provide this information here?

smt_red

Activity: 398
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:03:36 AM

DOGEbubble глaвный мeнeджep кoшeлькa COINO
Paзpaбoткa cыpaя тpeбyeт тecтиpoвaния и дopaбoтки
Идeя xopoшaя для oгpaничeннoгo cooбщecтвa пoльзoвaтeлeй
Cлoжнocти в ycтaнoвкe, cинxpoнизaции и иcпoльзoвaнии oтпyгнeт 99%
пoтeнциaльныx клиeнтoв  CNO мoнeты

DOGEbubble chief wallet manager COINO
Raw development requires testing and refinement
The idea is good for a limited user community
Difficulties in installation, synchronization and use will scare away 99%
Potential customers CNO coins

DOGEbubble (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 09:41:48 AM

DOGEbubble
Who is the developer of this wallet? Why do not you want to provide this information here?

The fork for Coino is created by Cryptolife Development. Basically, we are having him (Hazad) repair a dysfunctional old Coino wallet and conduct a internal swap (by porting balances to the new wallet) and essentially create a new coin with Hybrid algo. Both Crypotpia and NOVAexchange are aware of this. Cryptopia even leaves trading open at this moment.

DOGEbubble chief wallet manager COINO
Raw development requires testing and refinement
The idea is good for a limited user community
Difficulties in installation, synchronization and use will scare away 99%
Potential customers CNO coins

This forum is more for technical/netwrok issues. The present hard fork probably won't be 99.99% completed within one more week although presently any address with balance of 100 or more should have the balance been redistributed (to the new coin).

I think we need to create a new Coio forum in the coming week, to have all info posted in new pages to improve usability especially for new users. I am talking about new users (who are not necessary miners) who could be only attracted to adopt Coino unless it is mobile and streamlined and friendly to use.

Other than relying on the present faucet and gearing up Google Ads which was previously run with limited budgets ( resulting in about 8000 clicks over the past 10 month), as I have said, please help us get Coino upvoted to Tradesatochi. It has exactly the kind of Faucet I want to use with the advantage of having "Coino webwallet" there to use.

More campaigns and details will be posted.

Cheesy

samuistu

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:50:58 AM

Finally got it working.  The -salvage... did not work.  I had to do dumpprivkey / importprivkey method and had to sync old wallet first to avoid -2 error.
Lost 10K coins in the process but it's not the first time.  Cost of doing business.

Problem now is the wallet not syncing up till 7 hours ago.  I'll give up soon-ish.  Undecided

Hopefully my exchange has better luck...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: