Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:59:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 day delay on MtGox -> Dwolla transfer  (Read 1076 times)
Laereom (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 12:09:21 PM

So, I've been having quite a heck of a time getting MtGox to transfer some cash out to Dwolla.  I'm sitting on a fairly large pile of bitcoins, everything my two mining rigs have come up with in the last week, waiting for this to be resolved.

Five days ago, I received a message saying he had done something to speed up the transfer, and it should be completed some time that day.  Obviously, given that I'm posting this...that is not the case.

I sent him another e-mail about this, quoting his first response, two days ago.  I've received no reply.

Has anyone else had absurdly bad experiences like this with MtGox?  Over a week to transfer money to Dwolla?  This is, by far, worse than the old-school banking system.  It takes me 3 business days at most to get money moved around in there.

And to Adam/Tux, can you or will you do anything to fix this?  You have my e-mail, and you've had a long time and notification of the problem to correct this, or at least issue a reply that isn't a false claim of resolution.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinaddict

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 12:44:14 PM

So, I've been having quite a heck of a time getting MtGox to transfer some cash out to Dwolla.  I'm sitting on a fairly large pile of bitcoins, everything my two mining rigs have come up with in the last week, waiting for this to be resolved.

Five days ago, I received a message saying he had done something to speed up the transfer, and it should be completed some time that day.  Obviously, given that I'm posting this...that is not the case.

I sent him another e-mail about this, quoting his first response, two days ago.  I've received no reply.

Has anyone else had absurdly bad experiences like this with MtGox?  Over a week to transfer money to Dwolla?  This is, by far, worse than the old-school banking system.  It takes me 3 business days at most to get money moved around in there.

And to Adam/Tux, can you or will you do anything to fix this?  You have my e-mail, and you've had a long time and notification of the problem to correct this, or at least issue a reply that isn't a false claim of resolution.

YES!  I tried to withdraw funds on 6/5 and still nothing.  I received a response from them saying that Dwolla had changed something and that they were going to retry my transfer that day but that was 4 days ago.

Very frustrating, i have moved some BTC over to Tradehill and I am hoping the volume there picks up (which it looks like it is).

https://bitcoinmonkey.com/images/btcmonkey_ub.png
Join https://www.bitcoinmonkey.com mining pool!  0% Fees for life, LP, super low stales, API, SSL (with a real cert!), growing fast!
Laereom (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 12:48:04 PM

YES!  I tried to withdraw funds on 6/5 and still nothing.  I received a response from them saying that Dwolla had changed something and that they were going to retry my transfer that day but that was 4 days ago.

Very frustrating, i have moved some BTC over to Tradehill and I am hoping the volume there picks up (which it looks like it is).

Holy cow!  Trade Hill!  Sweet!

Why is this not on bitcoinwatch?!

Sir, if you want me to put you in as a referrer, PM me some time today.
bitcoinaddict

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 12:54:26 PM

PM Sent!  Thanks!

Hopefully we can use both exchanges but losing money on one makes trust a very tough issue

https://bitcoinmonkey.com/images/btcmonkey_ub.png
Join https://www.bitcoinmonkey.com mining pool!  0% Fees for life, LP, super low stales, API, SSL (with a real cert!), growing fast!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: