Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:20:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HarambeCoin (HMBC) Initial Release - #bitsoutforharambe  (Read 3479 times)
bitsOut

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 10:56:22 PM

G'day coiners,

I am a web dev, i am jumping on board with Harambecoin as i see the potential Harambecoin has AND the skilled/passionate dev who is running the backend.

Over the past few weeks i Have been working closely with ThaReal to produce a website for harambecoin. I have been given a solid bounty for my work so far and We need more skilled tech and marketing poeple on board if we want this to go to the moon.

think
  • instagram
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • any other forum or media site/app
  • and simply making more good harambe memes
We all want to see this happen so if you have any skills to contribute (even meme skills Wink) pm ThaReal or i and we can chat about how we will push harambe coin TO THE TOP!

A lot more Bountys available!

#Bitsoutforharambe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
overseer470

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 09:06:13 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2016, 05:03:11 PM by overseer470

OP isn't even capable of posting the addnodes in the initial post so people can find them or post links here from his older threads, what more can we even expect? Total idiot, really. These things are easy to sniff. Is it true, thareal? are you a total idiot?

You're ruining the Harambe name with a weak coin and incompetence.
thaReal (OP)

Activity: 73

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 02:25:09 AM

OP isn't even capable of posting the addnodes in the initial post so people can find them or post links here from his older threads, what more can we even expect? Total idiot, really. These things are easy to sniff. Is it true, thareal? are you a total idiot?

You're ruining the Harambe name with a weak coin and incompetence.

Bro you need to relax - seriously, you posted the only two dedicated nodes (one of them is hardcoded seednode) when it was asked and no one has mentioned it since so I don't think it's a huge issue. In the upcoming version there will be extra dnsseeds so hopefully it doesn't even come up again.

thaReal (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 06:12:59 PM

Been a while since I've given this an update so just want to mention a few things. First, a new release will be coming within a day or so - for the most part this will be just minor things: additional seednodes, checkpoints, a facelift of some of the images, a new logo, and all build issues fixed for OSX and newer (16.04) Ubuntu. That aside there are two larger decisions that may cause issues in some (hopefully) rare situations.

First, I realized that I made a mistake and for only the Linux binaries for v1.0.0.2 are compiled with libdb5.1 while windows uses 4.8. I thought about which version to use for this next build (and forward) since it should be the same for all platforms and seeing how the standard will soon be 6.x. That said, I can't think of any major benefit they provide and since after this set of changes I plan to forward merge up to the newer build system so that we can use the same static dependencies as bitcoin, it makes sense to just use 4.8 in all platforms moving forward. So basically anyone using the linux binary will have to create a new wallet and transfer their coins to a new address. I really don't think there are many linux users who don't just compile from source and since there aren't a huge amount of users at this point anyway, I don't think this should be that widespread.

Second, changing the multisig address prefix from '3' to 'M'. I know this was suggested for litecoin, but I don't think it was adopted yet because while it's not a 'hardfork', it definitely could be problematic for balances in multisig addresses. So here, the last I checked there are no multisig addresses being used so I feel like the best plan is to just update this now before they are. Let me know if anyone can see any problem with this, otherwise that's the last change I'm going to push before I prepare the next release.
devone

Activity: 66

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 06:16:18 PM

Huh Bounty?

thaReal (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 08:40:55 PM

Huh Bounty?

Bounty for what?? Yes, there is a fund for development but there's no set list so suggest some ideas of what you would like to contribute or at least a general area of work and we can try to figure out something.

Also, the previous 10k bounty for the ongoing web development and the new logo was paid in transaction 439aa8f9acd001f2962bb651460c52594d8a5f14155cf4622d4e121044accd11

BakedCortez

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 10:23:58 AM

Has there been any ongoing development with this alt in the last couple weeks?  I see a lot of potential here, but I'm curious if there is any progress toward getting HMBC on any exchanges.
BakedCortez

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 01:16:52 PM

RIP HarambeCoin.
thaReal (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 04:29:41 PM

Has there been any ongoing development with this alt in the last couple weeks?  I see a lot of potential here, but I'm curious if there is any progress toward getting HMBC on any exchanges.
RIP HarambeCoin.

Harambecoin is definitely not dead yet - I've been doing dev work but a lot has been somewhat "behind the scenes" so to speak, which is why it looks like right now the area that I could use the most help in is promoting/social media so if anyone wants to be a part of that, we can definitely work out a bounty.

Anyway here's a quick off the cuff list of what has been done since I've last posted:
- harambepool.com's web front-end was down for a few days after my VPS was restarted even though the pool and daemon were still working properly; this is fixed now.
- If anyone had tried to join the #harambecoin IRC channel, I assume someone had tried to take over the channel and set it to invite only. This is fixed so come on in - I'll try to check in as much as I can.
- The new release is ready and has been uploading to harambecoin.com. This is v1.0.0.3 and has the added checkpoints, DNS seeds, and the new Multisig prefix (which will become more relevant soon). Anyone looking to get harambecoin or using the release version, an upgrade is reccomended:

http://harambecoin.com/downloads/harambecoin-core-win-v1.0.0.3.zip

http://harambecoin.com/downloads/harambecoin-core-linux-v1.0.0.3.tar.gz

http://harambecoin.com/downloads/harambecoin-core-osx-v1.0.0.3.tar.gz

**NOTE: The osx version was experimental - I think there may have been an issue with bdb when I created the .dmg bundle. Since I don't have a Mac, if someone could give this a try and let me know one way or another whether it's working or not it would be appreciated.

There's a couple things I'm working on right now: rebuilding the test suite, rolling forward the code to the new build system, and also a multisig/blockchain insertion project I've been toying with so if anyone can help with giving me some input from a code perspective, there is definitely a lot to be done.

Also I mentioned the logo was updated but don't think I ever posted it on here:

overseer470

Activity: 162

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 06:21:34 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2016, 02:41:00 AM by overseer470

why don't you update the first post as well instead of expecting everyone to jump to the last page for the latest release?
edit: almost a month later, OP is still an imbecile
Darooghe

Activity: 1120
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 12:37:30 PM

Any update any exchange?
kenko

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 04:25:57 PM