Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:50:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: do i have to pay tax on bitcoins ?  (Read 27722 times)
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 07:28:42 PM

except if there is any other reason and location determinant, i have only paid tax in form of transfer charge from my bitcoin wallet website and also an exchanger, though a certain exchanger didn't charge me for transfers but of recent they have started charging for transfers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 01:55:14 PM

except if there is any other reason and location determinant, i have only paid tax in form of transfer charge from my bitcoin wallet website and also an exchanger, though a certain exchanger didn't charge me for transfers but of recent they have started charging for transfers
To be clear. The Tx fee is in no way a "tax". Taxes are issued by governments, not math equations running on a distributed network.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 02:49:57 PM

Yes, of course. Every transaction will be taxed by the government, and that is reasonable
thecryptoconsultant

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

thecryptoconsultant.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 03:20:36 PM

Hi all!

Yes, US tax authorities are now going down at exchanges to get identities of US citizen that made undeclared enrichment with Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies.

You have to declare the capital gains while filling your taxes as Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are considered as assets.

To be sure that you are reporting the correct amount you can track your trades on cointracking.

If you are big in Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies (trading around and above 10 BTC), you should definitely register to a pro plan so you have an automatic and detailed follow up of your capital gain. So when tax season comes around you just have to copy paste your coin tracking dashboard to your tax file.

Please use this link to register, you will get 10 % off :

https://cointracking.info?ref=B399866

Victor

Register to www.thecryptoconsultant.com newsletter to receive the latest cryptonews !

TheCryptoConsultant.com is time-saving and trustworthy.
laiducnam

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 03:43:15 PM

so i wanna know do i realy have to pay taxes on bitcoins and does my gov recognize bitcoins as my property and do i have to care about any legal action by  gov on my bitcoin property ?
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 03:49:26 PM

so i wanna know do i realy have to pay taxes on bitcoins and does my gov recognize bitcoins as my property and do i have to care about any legal action by  gov on my bitcoin property ?
Read the thread.

It is pointless to ask this question without stating what country you live in.

Read the thread.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Blackwhite69

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:46:51 AM

Of course, you will pay the specified taxes from each region so every transaction will be taxed by the government
iyan33

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:17:57 AM

Each country has a different tax policy and so does bitcoin taxes,perhaps if in some countries that declare legal bitcoin should have a tax regime imposed on bitcoin by government.
But this is clearly different from state that prohibits bitcoin,there appears to be no regulation Government for bitcoin taxes
Malik Asim

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:17:13 PM

mzainullah

Activity: 94

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 04:23:53 PM

If it is without tax what is the reason ...?
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 08:27:55 PM

If it is without tax what is the reason ...?
Nothing that has value is without tax these days. Read about capital gains and you'll know why you have to pay.
Check your local tax office for details, maybe you won't have to pay because you're under income tax threshold. For instance in the UK it's £10k. 

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
thecryptoconsultant

thecryptoconsultant.com

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 09:38:30 AM

Hi all,

Please check cointracking website it is a good tool to help you calculate your capital gain.

If you decide to go with a premium subscription, please copy paste this link, you will get 10 % off:

https://cointracking.info?ref=B399866

I will get a cut out of this, and it will help me out a lot and you still get your 10 % off.

Victor

NJB18

Activity: 663

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:50:53 AM

The first question - Which country are you from?
Laws and taxation rules vary from country to country.

I think this is correct. First things first, you have to indicate your country and the its laws, well, if there are any, related to taxation on virtual modes of payment such as bitcoin. Because there are countries for sure, a great many of them, that actually do not have any taxation laws to which the classification of bitcoin as a taxable property might belong.

I don't know with your country but here in the Philippines at least, we have income tax. The basic law on income tax basically says that income from individual taxpayers are subject to tax regardless of how and from where it is derived. So I think it also covers bitcoins if you earned them through trading and the like.

However, it is hard to trace and the Bureau of Internal Revenue here might not be updated regarding bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies and so they are not really keen on pursuing taxes on such properties.
thecryptoconsultant

thecryptoconsultant.com

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 03:29:34 PM

Some exchanges started giving away the identity and balance of the account holders.

1.btcwonder

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:46:05 AM

Around the world, tax establishments have tried to convey forth rules on bitcoins. Rules and taxation differ from country to country but there are some transactions that will lead to taxes:
• Trade Bitcoin, accepted from someone to a third party.
• Utilizing Bitcoin, which one might have mined, to buy things or services.
• Utilizing Bitcoin, accepted from someone, to purchase things or services.
• Retailing Bitcoin, mine personally, to a third party.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2017, 06:44:32 AM

Bitcoin is not a fiat currency with legitimate status in any country, but often remains attached to the tax liability rules regardless of the medium of money used. There are various laws in many countries that may result in income taxes, sales, payroll, profits, or other forms of tax liability arising with Bitcoin.
heretolearn

Activity: 128

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:20:06 PM

As of now there is no regulating authority which says you to pay tax but in near future you have to pay capital gain tax. It's time to earn for you with full freedom until governments build rules and regulations on how to monitor and handle.
Terraformer

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:05:53 PM

As of now there is no regulating authority which says you to pay tax but in near future you have to pay capital gain tax. It's time to earn for you with full freedom until governments build rules and regulations on how to monitor and handle.

Taxes is very controversial topic in cryptocurrencies area.  Last time USA government interventions in traders  private life has become more frequent. News about new court cases are on the first mainstream pages.

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:21:57 PM

You usually have to pay taxes on coins that were converted to fiat. As far as the tax on held coins go, you don't have to because it's unexecutable by the government, since addresses are not linked to identities, and I doubt this will ever change. They may say that you should pay, but they still won't be able to track you, as it would cost them too much. It's much easier for them to track the flow of fiat money.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ezzy.co

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 05:44:46 PM

Well, I think it depends on what country you from. Obviously, different countries have different regulations. In my country you don't have to pay tax on Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: