Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:45:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: do i have to pay tax on bitcoins ?  (Read 27722 times)
codered000

Activity: 120
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:18:53 AM

Taxes is not applicable to bitcoin that's why some countries don't recognize bitcoin and therefore making it illegal - like in Venezuela. Bitcoin transactions are hard to track making the government suspicious about money laundering or illegal acts. The government will not interfere with virtual currency exchanges unless money laundering or terrorist financing is suspected. Even though bitcoin have no tax you still need to pay a small amount in every transaction you make like converting it to fiat money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Budugbass

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:09:35 AM

If our bitcoin income was already hight, I think it's good we try to pay for it as can as possible although it's not legal yet, just like we have a company at home and pay taxes on the government from business incomes that we earn.
In my place also no bitcoin taxes and haven't been applied yet, but I'm trying to pay taxes from bitcoin incomes after I sell it to local currency.
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:05:58 AM

so i wanna know do i realy have to pay taxes on bitcoins and does my gov recognize bitcoins as my property and do i have to care about any legal action by  gov on my bitcoin property ?
There is no tax on bitcoin in the world because it is Block-chain currency. But when you sell bitcoin and withdraw amount to your account than it is taxable as per your country's income tax rules.
mabell943

Activity: 590
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:48:35 PM

Yes if you are oblige to pay it so. Generally all incomes come from bitcoin are considered passive income therefore all income will be subjected to final tax. 
All earnings that you will receive are net by tax,  usually it range 2-15% it depends on the country on what percent they imposed.
Abubakaradam

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:08:19 PM

Yes if you are oblige to pay it so. Generally all incomes come from bitcoin are considered passive income therefore all income will be subjected to final tax. 
All earnings that you will receive are net by tax,  usually it range 2-15% it depends on the country on what percent they imposed.

If it was to smooth the bitcoin industry in different countries why not. because tax is an absolute obligation.
Sean25pogi

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:51:03 PM

Yes of course, since bitcoin is source of passive income it must be subjected in final tax or income tax. Aside from earning we should also consider to pay taxes for the benefit of all of us.
Hans17

Activity: 390
Merit: 157

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:18:01 PM

so i wanna know do i realy have to pay taxes on bitcoins and does my gov recognize bitcoins as my property and do i have to care about any legal action by  gov on my bitcoin property ?

I think its based on what country you live in , I'm from Philippines so basically were paying tax for transaction fee nut i think we dont need to pay taxes , only transaction fees.

[

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Scripture

Activity: 1303
Merit: 128

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:28:34 PM

Depending on what country you live on. My country doesnt require any tax on bitcoin, not just yet. On other countries, bitcoin is considered an investment or an asset more like a currency so they have to pay tax. If your government declared just like this one on bitcoin, you probably should pay taxes and have no choice but to obey.
kingragnar

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:16:21 AM

No we do not pay tax on bitcoin only the fee for transaction. The tax you have to pay to the government and this bitcoin is not held by the government and they have no control over the bitcoin content. This is a good part of bitcoin that you do not have to pay taxes. For me the bitcoin is illegal because it has no tax and there is no law regarding it. I just think
CryptoMauren

Activity: 283
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:46:12 AM

When in the buy/sell transactions or investments there are profits, bitcoin then it is earnings that are subject to tax (PPh). Complies (System) self assessment, then the taxpayers the income reported in the mail Notification (SPT) annual tax and pay taxes, "
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:00:03 PM

Bitcoin was still decentralized and taxes was not yet applicable in any countries, I can't see or hear news regarding payment of taxes in every cashing out of bitcoin. Because if it is happen many people are boycotting regarding with that policy. Otherwise many investors were surely pull out their amount in crypto currency community. It's because I'm sure that computation of taxes will become not fairly to each users.
cryptbit.man

Activity: 103

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:11:08 PM

I think it depends on the country where you are a tax resident, but yes, generally you need to pay taxes on any lucrative investment you make or asset you own.
Cristuha

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:56:55 PM

Интepecyeшьcя кpиптoвaлютoй?
Зaгняни нa кaнaл @btcworld7
Toлькo caмыe интepecныe нoвocти кpиптoмиpa,paзoблaчeниe нeчecтныx кpиптo-кaнaлoв и пpoвepeннaя инфopмaция o cигнaлax и ICO пpoeктax.
https://t.me/btcworld7
Eдинcтвeнный в cвoeм poдe кaнaл - нa кoтopoм тoлькo кaчecтвeнный кoнтeнт.
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:15:02 AM

If bitcoin is considered as an asset not a currency and the holder can gain from an increase in its value, then it is taxable by means of capital gains. Many tax officials in various governments around the world are also still debating whether the income that generated from bitcoin will be subject to income tax.
If there is a law in your country that requires you to pay tax in every transaction then you should follow it rather that going underground to avoid taxes.
preelee04

Activity: 13
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:44:30 AM
Merited by NJB18 (1)

For me, i think it depends on what country you live in. I'm from Philippines so basically were paying tax for transaction fees.
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:18:34 PM
Merited by budz0425 (2), NJB18 (1)

For me, i think it depends on what country you live in. I'm from Philippines so basically were paying tax for transaction fees.
Yes, but when it comes to Income tax we are not required as it is not in the law to pay tax that came from cryptocurrency earnings but they are working on it as this supposed to be taxed, If ever they will imposed tax on it make sure to pay. It is better to help our country from paying tax rather than giving them the reason to banned cryptocurrency in our country just like South Korea did.
budz0425

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:22:24 PM

Yes, but when it comes to Income tax we are not required as it is not in the law to pay tax that came from cryptocurrency earnings but they are working on it as this supposed to be taxed, If ever they will imposed tax on it make sure to pay. It is better to help our country from paying tax rather than giving them the reason to banned cryptocurrency in our country just like South Korea did.
That is correct, we have to do this for the sake of our country not only for us, don't give them the reason instead right? You are right that we should help our country as well as this could give a high impact in terms of our Economy when this happen that all of us will unite to pay. Just hoping that they would give a fair and just percentage of tax on it so it is not hard for us to pay.
bajigur894784

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:58:48 PM

I think it depends on how the regulation and status of bitcoin legality in your country.
if in your country bitcoin legal and acknowledged as a tool of transactions or commodities, then it you mut should be a good citizen, you must report your assets and pay taxes.
joeycoin

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 09:55:23 AM

There is a long-term for bitcoin to spread around the world,to be exact, it is still difficult to spread in some Country.So I think it need a long time or will not need to pay tax.
mekie

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:11:30 PM

Bitcoin could be viewed as a barter system-whereby you provide a product or service and get bit coin in exchange which you then spend on items or services you require. There are a number of barter exchange platforms around the world and generally these transactions are treated as normal taxable business transactions. BTC is not in itself taxed, but maybe this will change

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●      DAFZO.io      ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: