Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:22:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Satoshi reemerge and created a new coin  (Read 2768 times)
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1255

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 04:34:54 PM

@jstern. Your answer for the second question is exactly why bitcoin will not be killed by a new coin even if it is made by Satoshi. There is already too much money already riding in bitcoin and any crash will be scooped up by speculators and traders. The bitcoin mining itself has also become an industry in its own right and it looks unstoppable right now. If bitcoin will be killed, it will not be because of another coin. Bitcoin will be killed by itself thru centralization, or maybe by the collusion of miners or it could be because it might be corrupted by the people who want to control its development.

I think the problem is lots of people is wishing for another round of being  "pioneer".  So basically those late comer will more probably hopping in this  new coin craze,   and the mere fact that Satoshi is a well known figure of Bitcoin, him leaving bitcoin and creating a new coin will only mean one thing,  Bitcoin is a  failure and thus we need a new coin to use. This is not centralized economy, and being not centralized people can easily hop from one coin to another. 
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 04:40:50 PM

I think satoshi has no plan to make a new one again because he is already made a successful project and he is in good place that he can just spend his money from bitcoin.. so i think he live as a normal right now he dont want to make new one since it can affect the value of bitcoin..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
vino.gcs

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 04:58:09 PM

I think only Satoshi is not the reason behind the successful Bitcoin. There are more parameters.

Let's just assume that happens. Satoshi creates a new coin. Then it'll add up to the queue of crypto currencies now and start to emerge. It'll take its own time to emerge to get popularity. Now remember,  Bitcoin had chance of surprise of better innovation in crypto world. This new coin will lack the element of surprise to try it out. So it'll take more time to attract more population.  Roll Eyes
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 07:50:51 PM

What if Satoshi emerges and says something like: "The coin that's best following the values I stated in paper back in 2008 is Monero. So I would be glad to join their efforts and continue to strive for real money". That moment, Monero would shoot about 100x and Bitcoin would be buried. Not so impossible scenario if you ask me.

SN already did as NS  Wink

https://cryptonote.org/whitepaper.pdf

also:
Crypto may offer a way to do "key blinding".  I did some research and it was obscure, but there may be something there.  "group signatures" may be related.

This cryptographic signing technique is the predecessor of ring signatures as applied in Monero.

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 10:51:31 PM

How do you know she hasn't?

Chances are he was a guy, most people into technology are guys. Also, chances are if he comes back, he would never try to directly compete against Bitcoin. In fact, im pretty sure he is one of the anonymous coders delivering improvements in Bitcoin.
Invulner

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Invulner

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 10:56:02 PM

Well who knows, maybe he would, be honestly it would be quite dumb for him to do so, since bitcoin is already so widespread and an altcoin he creates would not get much attention anyways...

But then, perhaps he could come out with a better solution than bitcoin. A much better one.
Tanglemymind

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 02:18:08 AM

To be honest, I personally believe that Satoshi is already involved in some other project. I do not believe that he created something fantastic like Bitcoin and then disappear forever without facing new problems in the field. He is too smart and probably has so many ideas to let his hands of new innovations. The question is only, which project he joined Wink

Peercoin
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 03:23:49 AM

That's a legit possibility.

This new coin will probably take many of the innovations that we've seen in other coins.

He can easily prove his identity here on Bitcointalk.

If all this happens, the media coverage for Bitcoin will be at an all time high, and could possibly multiply the current crypto users.

This new coin could probably kill Bitcoin.

Why would it kill Bitcoin,it could in fact compliment bitcoin,if I am the creator of one successful venture and millions are benefiting why would I created a new one to destroy it and if I am also holding a huge amount..

BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 04:32:15 AM

i think any coin that satoshi makes will suffer a great deal from hype because it is satoshi after all and it can grow very big.

even a fake satoshi can make it hyped up a lot and pump the price up but in the end all the altcoins need real features to survive without exception.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 05:11:11 AM

Craig Wright's buddy is dead.. which is why he was trying to ape his shit.

FUD first & ask questions later™
BiTZeD

Activity: 379

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 09:36:11 AM

As better altcoins did not killed the old ones, that won't kill Bitcoin, but for sure the price would be huge given the hype that there would be around it.

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 09:56:15 AM

This new coin will probably take many of the innovations that we've seen in other coins.

If all this happens, the media coverage for Bitcoin will be at an all time high, and could possibly multiply the current crypto users.

Everything is a possibility. We don't know who Satoshi is. He could prove his identity (if he still has access to his private keys).

If that happen then indeed media coverage would be amazing, but it would be bad news for bitcoin.

Creation of new coin by Satoshi would mean one thing, that he thinks Bitcoin failed and can't be upgraded and repaired.

It will undermine Bitcoin stability and trust greatly, to the point that BTC could never recover from it.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 06:43:00 PM

Everything is a possibility. We don't know who Satoshi is. He could prove his identity (if he still has access to his private keys).

If that happen then indeed media coverage would be amazing, but it would be bad news for bitcoin.

Creation of new coin by Satoshi would mean one thing, that he thinks Bitcoin failed and can't be upgraded and repaired.

It will undermine Bitcoin stability and trust greatly, to the point that BTC could never recover from it.

So.. then why are you supporting a new coin called Incent ?
Get it ?
Ledger ? ICO coming soon ? please kill yourselves scamtard's  Roll Eyes

Choke on your own moronic self destructive hypocrisy and dick holster jiggling for bucks.
..real bucks $$$ AKA: FIAT the all mighty dollar.

FUD first & ask questions later™
aomakun

Activity: 1020
Merit: 253

JangaCams.com

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 05:06:18 PM

And it's just in your opinion and making a new coin and spreading like bitcoin it's not an easier like you're said. if satoshi just making bitcoin for killed him and why he need make bitcoin?

satoshi hahahaha if I were, I would not make a new coin because if my bitcoin maker, I would have had a lot of coin. while the price of bitcoin is very high now..

█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████  ████
████████████████████▀▀  ▀████
███████████████▀▀   ▄▄███████
███▀  ▀██████     ▐██████████
██     █████▌       ▀████████
██      ▀▀███    ▐█▄  ▀██████
██               ▐███▄▄  ▀███
██▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▄     ▄███████ ▄  █
██████▄▄▄████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
FREE CHAT

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
DRaGoN RaNTaRo

Activity: 319

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 07:08:32 PM

Craig Wright's buddy is dead.. which is why he was trying to ape his shit.
if craig wright has to prove that he is indeed satoshi he has to move the initial coins he owns,i do believe he has connections with the bitcoin technology, with most of his videos i have seen he has deep knowledge about blockchain .
jstern (OP)

Activity: 368
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 03:29:54 AM

Satoshi left mid-conversation around the time of a hyped article in 'PC World' and it is blindingly obvious had good cause to leave.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3;sa=showPosts;start=0

The person or persons involved will not be reappearing as 'Satoshi'.

Reading that really give me a longing wishing that I was involved with Bitcoin back in that era.
jstern (OP)

Activity: 368
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 03:32:03 AM

bitcoin is like satoshi's baby and why would someone abandon his baby and make another one in its place and want to push that to the public?!! that doesn't make sense to me so it is not a legit possibility.

besides if satoshi was looking for profit from making a pump and dump altcoin he would have sold his bitcoin stash when the price was above $1000+

He wouldn't be creating a pump and dump coin, he would be motivated by whatever motivates him. The suggestion is what can surpass Bitcoin, not kill it. Satoshi creating a new coin would not kill Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: