Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:53:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mistakes in trading that lead to loss of money  (Read 16902 times)
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 02:21:28 PM

Another mistake I made was putting everything in one coin... Next time I would make sure to leave some amount in $ so that I could still margin trade and recover loss.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 06:13:29 PM

Sometimes buying too far after a pump starts can be a big mistake. If you buy at the peak then it's the worst time, but no one knows where the peak is until after the drop.
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 06:58:15 PM

Wich would be a bigger mistake when you are bag holding? Selling with a loss to be able to resume trading and eventually recover your loss, or holding if you feel the coin as potencial even if it means you won´t be trading for a few days/weeks or months?

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 04:25:28 PM

I've lost a good sum with panic selling and panic buying, really newbie mistakes, and looking back I actually did good choices when selling...

I've also lost by not doing proper research before invest, although very small sum.
For what you had just said was very agreeable, facing panic selling and panic buying was really a big impact for the traders who are not deeply yet knowledgeable in trading industry. I know most of the old traders here faced that experienced including me. But, just like others said at least we learned a lesson from it.
philggg

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:27:09 PM

To prevent loss in trading,one have to make a lot of research on different trading pattern and the mistake they make so that you can learn from them although you cannot prevent loss in trading but can minimise it
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 10:11:44 AM

I am not into a trading right now,
But I guess the mistakes that a trader could do that could lead to loss of money is panic selling and also expecting to much for some alt-coin price to pump.
Yeaaa it was fundamental mistakes too quick make decision to sell while the price fool you to skyrocketing.
But also you should be careful overconfident to not cutting lost while waiting the price to go up but it is keep dropping instead.
The key is you have to monitoring it all the time closely and always take it as serious business.

Exactly. When you see that the market price of bitcoin dive, we panic right away and sell it in fear of losing your investment if you hold on it. But i think you should do the opposite, you should continue to buy when the price of bitcoin nose dive and hold on for the long haul even if the price continue to drop. And for sure, when the drop of bitcoin rise again, you will get a good amount of profits in the long end.
The situation not always like that , you have to look around , news/any other reason why the price will keep move up/drop.
There is a time when the price showing a bullish , but actually it gets drop.
Trading often give you an unexpected result , prediction is just a prediction , you can still wrong but at least you are trying to make it as accurate as possible.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:45:11 AM

But I guess the mistakes that a trader could do that could lead to loss of money is panic selling and also expecting to much for some alt-coin price to pump.
Yeaaa it was fundamental mistakes too quick make decision to sell while the price fool you to skyrocketing.
But also you should be careful overconfident to not cutting lost while waiting the price to go up but it is keep dropping instead.
The key is you have to monitoring it all the time closely and always take it as serious business.

Exactly. When you see that the market price of bitcoin dive, we panic right away and sell it in fear of losing your investment if you hold on it. But i think you should do the opposite, you should continue to buy when the price of bitcoin nose dive and hold on for the long haul even if the price continue to drop. And for sure, when the drop of bitcoin rise again, you will get a good amount of profits in the long end.
The situation not always like that , you have to look around , news/any other reason why the price will keep move up/drop.
Trading often give you an unexpected result , prediction is just a prediction , you can still wrong, but at least you are trying to make it as accurate as possible.
When the price suddenly went down, of course, everyone will get panic, and in that movement, they don't think for future they will sell their coins. Most of the small traders do like this, Only those who are waiting for a high price increase that kind of people will not care for this type of price fall, I also did this mistake many times.
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:02:24 PM

Trading often give you an unexpected result , prediction is just a prediction , you can still wrong, but at least you are trying to make it as accurate as possible.
When the price suddenly went down, of course, everyone will get panic, and in that movement, they don't think for future they will sell their coins. Most of the small traders do like this, Only those who are waiting for a high price increase that kind of people will not care for this type of price fall, I also did this mistake many times.
That happens everytime and somehow not only small traders loses the time when the coin is being dump thats why we are risking to win or to lose .As RealPhotoshoper  said "prediction is just prediction" we cant hang on it situation changes everytime .Big whales also lose against manipulators and with a sudden dump but technically they have always a back up plan to cut loses and shake the price to minimize their lose or luckily if they succeed pumping the coin before they exit. From my Trader mentor experience and trading stratedgy.
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:45:05 PM

I think the biggest mistake I and many trader face is the unstable psychology of trading because sometimes we buy an altcoin and then the price of altcoin increases or decreases our psychological impact, leading to mistakes in buying or selling decisions. Traders often call it dump or pump, this is a good time to make a profit but also can lose quickly if the mentality is unstable, we will make a mistake. Psychological fear of losing money is always the main reason leading to loss in trading sessions

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:25:20 PM

To prevent loss in trading,one have to make a lot of research on different trading pattern and the mistake they make so that you can learn from them although you cannot prevent loss in trading but can minimise it
Even you done a research when the coins hit crisis you still lose patterns don't prove anything unless you just believed on your instinct mistakes give us chances to fix our mess and make it right learning from that to avoid more looses again in second trading. I've always analyzing and following always the flow of those big holders when they buy I buy when they sell I sell. easy money baby.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:53:30 PM

I think the biggest mistake I and many trader face is the unstable psychology of trading because sometimes we buy an altcoin and then the price of altcoin increases or decreases our psychological impact, leading to mistakes in buying or selling decisions. Traders often call it dump or pump, this is a good time to make a profit but also can lose quickly if the mentality is unstable, we will make a mistake. Psychological fear of losing money is always the main reason leading to loss in trading sessions

It depends on the trader. What you are talking about is basically happening to people just starting with trading, or that they are not comfortable risking their money. Main point of importance is that you never use money that you can't afford to miss in your private life. If that's the case, then there is less for you to *potentially* worry about. People over-investing is the main cause of a lot problems when it comes to them losing. If the price goes down, they will just take the loss by selling, and directly also prevent themselves from suffering further losses. That's what happens when people play with money that isn't meant to be played with. Some even buy back at premium prices in an attempt to recoup some of their losses. But as soon as the price starts going down, they once again will sell at a loss... It's a cycle.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 03:06:47 AM

I think the biggest mistake in trading would be not removing your coins at the right time. What i do is sell bitcoin at high price and buy alts and wait for them to get pumped but what most people do is they don't remove their money and be like it will increase more and more but then the time to sell runs out and we sometimes end up getting a loss
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 04:00:07 AM

I think the biggest mistake in trading would be not removing your coins at the right time. What i do is sell bitcoin at high price and buy alts and wait for them to get pumped but what most people do is they don't remove their money and be like it will increase more and more but then the time to sell runs out and we sometimes end up getting a loss
Your strategy is great and that is also what i'm doing with my bitcoins, I just wait for the bitcoin to get its price as high as i can imagine but i didn't sell it because i see opportunity with it and that is buying altcoins since bitcoin is inversely proportional with altcoin and that means if bitcoin is very high then the altcoins are very cheap and you can easily multiply your bitcoins there just within a weeks or months.
Estehmanis

Activity: 262
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:38:38 AM

My mistake in trading is because I don't planing the coin price, and I don't  hold  coin.that which to make me lose a lot of money
arakuns

Activity: 223
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:07:34 AM

The only mistake I made was that I invested more than I could afford to lose so there is this panic when price go down.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:18:41 AM

The mistake I made during winklevoss  listing with SEC  was not setting stop loss while I was away! I came back to my account a week later and found my account at a loss of 60%

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
dharnamonitor

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:29:52 AM

The one of my biggest mistake at trading is that I followed a trading signal (a fake signals provider) in telegram but thankfully I didn't give much attention on their paid service which I usually got ignored because I don't want to waste my money with that kind of service just for trading and I really don't give a damn with premium shits Grin

Nariza

Activity: 246
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:06:07 AM

One of my mistakes in trading is I've bought a wrong coin. I expected it to pump but the price goes down. I've got loss on my investment maybe because I am a newbie that time. I don't have any idea or techniques in trading.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:09:39 AM

Your mistake/s in trading that leads to loss of money
I think it will be the best to share your story so that we can avoid your past mistakes.

The common mistake when it comes to trading I think is being impatient and panic. When the price of bitcoin, including other crypto currencies go down, people often sell at a low price because they panic. They think that it's the only chance they'll get.
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:20:44 AM

I loss my money in trading through letting my self and emotion ruins my plan,  i lost it because of panic in selling to it, because those coin is dumping already but at the other day,  it has been pumped again, so if i were you, try not to go with your emotion. Analyze well and look well the chart.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: