Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:37:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: bfl shipped "delivered" 2013/3/31  (Read 22212 times)
reg (OP)

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 07:00:12 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2013, 09:42:30 AM by reg

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 26m
So we've officially shipped on March 31st, 2013.  So this is not an April Fools joke.
Expand   Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More
one of the first ones in the queue from last  year.  More to follow  as soon as we get the revised PCBs  and the rest of the   chips in.
Expand
 Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 27m
half ago.  Since he's a paying  customer and also a miner  developer, we've shipped him the first Little  Single since his order  was (...)
Expand
 Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 27m
BFL_Josh (Shoutbox) - Ok folks, Luke is the proud owner of the first BFL Little Single ASIC  off the line as of about an hour and a (...)
Expand
 Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 28m
Luke-Jr has posted pictures of his BFL ASICs.  https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/luke-jr/118-my-first-asics.htmlhttps://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/luke-jr/attachments/755d1364793240t-my-first-asics-mining.jpghttps://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/luke-jr/attachments/757d1364793268t-my-first-asics-board.jpg

reg.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:22:38 AM

How do you ship on a sunday, and to someone at your factory?
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:30:33 AM

How do you ship on a sunday, and to someone at your factory?

you carry the item across the factory and place it in his hands (delivery) then he plugs it in and mines (proof of work). reg.
Rawted

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:50:14 AM

Right, so then we're in agreement they haven't shipped.

"I want to clarify the above post, as there is some potential confusion. We are not shipping yet. We plan on shipping possibly by the end of next week, but I will update on a shipping schedule as soon as I have more definitive information with regards to that."
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status-3.html
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:05:15 AM

We are not shipping yet. We plan on shipping possibly by the end of next week, but I will update on a shipping schedule as soon as I have more definitive information with regards to that."

as you have stated. I only passed on and interpreted the twitter I received as interesting information. It is all subjective and open to interpretation. reg.
pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:15:45 AM

Post title should be changed to "bfl has not shipped as of 2013/3/31"  for maximum accuracy.  Just sayin'.
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:47:32 AM

Post title should be changed to "bfl has not shipped as of 2013/3/31"  for maximum accuracy.  Just sayin'.

sorry I do not agree!. All life is a play on words but my interpretation is this: A bfl customer ordered and paid for a bfl mini-rig. (an employee is not precluded from doing so) Bfl delivered (singular) to that customer (method not specified on the 2013/3/31). Customer used rig and posted pics of working item. Therefore officially (as stated) bfl delivered (singular) on the date specified a working asic to a customer. The clarification of other deliveries (plural) will presumably come in the near future from bfl with regard to packing, transport,number of completed items, number of components in hand,speed of manufacture etc. reg.   
Rawted

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:04:11 AM

sorry I do not agree!. All life is a play on words but my interpretation is this: A bfl customer ordered and paid for a bfl mini-rig. (an employee is not precluded from doing so) Bfl delivered (singular) to that customer (method not specified on the 2013/3/31). Customer used rig and posted pics of working item. Therefore officially (as stated) bfl delivered (singular) on the date specified a working asic to a customer. The clarification of other deliveries (plural) will presumably come in the near future from bfl with regard to packing, transport,number of completed items, number of components in hand,speed of manufacture etc. reg.   

[23:42] <a_meteorite> Luke-Jr: that's the Little SC I'm assuming
[23:42] <Luke-Jr> a_meteorite: it's a defective board because I was impatient.
[23:43] <a_meteorite> that would explain the HW errors
[23:44] <a_meteorite> did you go to BFL HQ or was it shipped? assuming you can reveal that..
[23:44] <a_meteorite> I think you did go there at one point but I didn't think you stayed/went back
[23:44] <a_meteorite> that was like... 2 weeks ago
[23:49] <jzk> At this point I'm not sure he can even reveal his own existence
[23:54] <Luke-Jr> a_meteorite: I've physically touched it, but I've left it at BFL for the time being.
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:26:05 AM

[23:42] <a_meteorite> Luke-Jr: that's the Little SC I'm assuming
[23:42] <Luke-Jr> a_meteorite: it's a defective board because I was impatient.
[23:43] <a_meteorite> that would explain the HW errors
[23:44] <a_meteorite> did you go to BFL HQ or was it shipped? assuming you can reveal that..
[23:44] <a_meteorite> I think you did go there at one point but I didn't think you stayed/went back
[23:44] <a_meteorite> that was like... 2 weeks ago
[23:49] <jzk> At this point I'm not sure he can even reveal his own existence
[23:54] <Luke-Jr> a_meteorite: I've physically touched it, but I've left it at BFL for the time being.   

Anyone can make a statement and declare it to be true. However if at least one example is shown that shows it to be false then the origional statement itself is false!. let me give an example:

The ASIC's are all scams, you just don't know it yet
January 27, 2013, 03:49:34 PM

The delivery of a working asic (both by avalon and bfl) shows this statement to be false. reg.
thoughtfan

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 12:06:15 PM

Reg, do you have a bet on this perchance?

Luke-Jr had already started a post regarding this indisputably titled 'First BFL ASIC!'

Yet the whole 'shipped' thing (and I'm not just blaming you on this) is misleading and is burying the great news in the mire providing a handwrapped gift in the form of a field day for the trolls who will shout 'conspiracy'!

Please do the honourable thing and change the Post title.
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 12:17:33 PM

No, I have an interest as a bfl customer and have like most on this thread been watching and waiting for concrete news. My order will be fulfilled about summer by the current status. But I will change the title in a way I hope will not negate my position but please some. reg
thoughtfan

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 12:21:03 PM

No, I have an interest as a bfl customer and have like most on this thread been watching and waiting for concrete news. My order will be fulfilled about summer by the current status. But I will change the title in a way I hope will not negate my position but please some. reg
Appreciate your response Reg.  Personally I would think 'Delivered' is more accurate because they have 'delivered' on Juke-jnr's order even though they have shipped nothing yet.
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 12:25:07 PM

ps, If we follow normal conventional discourse from here on. If you disagree with my statement you need to show:
a) that there was no customer who paid for a bfl mini asic.
b) that he did not in fact receive an asic.
c ) that the pictures shown are false and does not prove a working item.

reg.
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 12:28:21 PM

Delivered

ok I will accept that but need to leave shipped in as it is in the tweet. reg
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 12:43:37 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2013, 12:58:41 PM by Frizz23

Delivered

twitter.com/Frizz23: "I had a fantastic threesome with Rihanna and Mila Kunis".

ok I will take "fantastic" out but need to leave "had a threesome with Rihanna and Mila Kunis" as it is in the tweet. frizz  Wink

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 01:13:46 PM

Re: bfl shipped(singular) 2013/3/31
Today at 12:43:37 PM
Quote from: reg on Today at 12:28:21 PM
Delivered

ok I will take "fantastic" out but need to leave "had a threesome with Rihanna and Mila Kunis" as it is in the tweet. frizz 

yes,   exactly, the "fantastic" is only your opinion and subjective whereas the rest is factual and undeniable!
reg 
tempt

Activity: 294
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 01:52:54 PM

this is so pathetic.
AndyRossy

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 01:55:56 PM

is same setup / pictures from their dev video, same hardware, plugs, laptop etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C4bgho5JSI

is just part of the development process.  afaik no customers have received any units? or can some say they have?
thoughtfan

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 02:30:57 PM

is just part of the development process.  afaik no customers have received any units? or can some say they have?
It could be construed as 'part of the development process' but not 'just..' for the reason that the units have been allocated to a customer who has 'taken delivery' of them in the sense that BFL have been plugged them into the network proper and the bare boned units are hashing on the customer's behalf though be it on the same test bench.  However I can't blame you for coming to the conclusion you did because there is so much hype surrounding this 'news' that the real news has been buried in confusion!
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 02:50:58 PM

is just part of the development process.  afaik no customers have received any units? or can some say they have?

I agree it is silly. I only reported what I read. However I regard it mostly as a semantic discussion. So my hope was that my asic would arrive in the summer and it was now more probable?. However I prefer to rely on facts as much as possible and it may be true that the set up and laptop are the same. Only bfl themselves can say if their customer had paid and received the asic?. It would not therefore be surprising if the running of the rig was done on their equipment. If they say they have and you say they have not-that is a difference of fact that you both have to prove in some way to others. I suspect bfl will have to deliver to someone completely unconnected with bfl and if they do not you will be proved right. However you will need to show there was no order and the asic is not working as shown to convince us they would lie about that. reg
GernMiester

Activity: 285

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:36:10 PM

Luke-Jr has one.. Did it not get shipped to him?
thoughtfan

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 06:15:43 PM

Luke-Jr has one.. Did it not get shipped to him?
No it's mining for him at BFL.
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:56:05 AM

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 6h
Luke-Jr (Shoutbox) - if you have a Single-class device, you can use bfgminer git for it (https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer …)
 View summary   Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More.reg
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 10:45:46 AM

Delivered

ok I will take "fantastic" out but need to leave "had a threesome with Rihanna and Mila Kunis" as it is in the tweet. frizz  Wink

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:53:41 PM

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News now
Overclocking is not a supported option. Custom enabling of chip cores or speed adjustments are not supported at this time.
Expand
* New boards testing this week.  (...)  I'd guess shipping next week.
Expand
* Power affects everything. Jalapeno may have to ship with external power. And possibly air cooling.
Expand
* Chips count per device may change, depending on results this week
Expand   Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More
BFL_StevenM (Shoutbox) - Got an engineer near me. Spam your questions and I'll try to pick a few.
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:57:21 PM

grnbrg - Before I get a flood of questions, I was just quoting BFL_StevenM's intro to a brief Shoutbox Q&A.  It wasn't an invitation.
Frizz23

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:28:26 PM

Overclocking is not a supported option. Custom enabling of chip cores or speed adjustments are not supported at this time.

I can still remember when Josh "Loudmouth" Zerlan bragged about the superb overclocking capabilities of their ASICS.
BFL = FAIL

Power affects everything. Jalapeno may have to ship with external power. And possibly air cooling.

LOL.

So they have to get new PCBs, new casings, new heatsinks, new fans for all of their products - but want to ship next week? How's that supposed to happen???

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:20:49 AM

not supported at this time.

ps you forgot to include this. reg
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 01:40:19 AM

have more data on  Friday/Saturday with regards to power usage.
Expand
The 1.76W comes from the wire bonded die (1st wafer). The rest of the  the numbers (2.5, 4 and 6W) come from the 2nd wafer.  We should (...)
Expand
in that area that help out  both power usage and hashrate.  https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/1596-can-video-posted-one-good-boards.html#post21863
BFL_Josh - We have been working with Luke to refine the BFGminer code as well as  the MCU code and there are some improvements (...)
Expand
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 08:16:45 AM

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 2h
grnbrg - EOT.  Sorry for the flood.  Smiley
Expand
confirm that's what happened at the foundry and  if so, it bodes very well for us.
Expand
consumption come down for wafers 76+?" We are in process with that. We have a theory as to what's going on and we're trying to (...)
Expand
"Has the ASIC firm got back to you on why they think just the chip is  running about twice as much power as expected, and will power (...)
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 08:32:39 AM

pushing.  Dunno what .2 of a month is but ok.
Expand
"Any update on shipping?" None that I want to give out right now... but very soon. Definitely not 1.2 months that Avalon is (...)
Expand
"Is the newest (PCB design) in Chicago?" Yes, its' done and waiting on chips.
Expand
We've gone through two PCB redesigns since I last posted, the third is done and in process.
Expand
Expand
actually completely stable even at 3x the power design. Quite a testament to the engineering.
I've spent the last two day from start to finish poking and prodding at the units, things are coming along nicely and they are (...)
Expand
software tweaks.  Once the hardware tweaks in  the labs, that  will come down even further.
Expand
area we are tweaking that will likely increase the hashrate a bit..  If it works out, we'd be at ~34 GH/s at less than 150w merely on (...)
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 08:37:09 AM

"There  is a general feel that you have taken on more pre orders than you can  cater for. Can BFL supply meet demand?"  Yes, easily.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:29:52 PM

"We ship by the end of next week".

You could use this as a claim for your logo. It would reverse the negative energy surrounding your brand name and make the stigmatisation of being unreliable your own words, thus admitting imperfection and showing the will for change. It really could work..
GernMiester

Activity: 285

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:12:12 PM

Delivered

Oh dear god she looks awful.. I mean she was always unattractive but this is scary...
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:47:19 PM

"What about people who requested upgrades but have been told to wait until the order system is up to date?" -  We'll take care of you
Expand
BFL_Josh (Shoutbox) - Everyone who has a preorder will get the hashrate they paid for. Going forward, new orders will be more.
Expand
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:48:46 PM

https://products.butterflylabs.com/  - Prices up by around 90%, projected hash rate down by 15%, Minirig "Out of stock".  Confirmation and details ASAP.
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:53:06 PM

hey, I am just posting these as I see them on twitter so they may not (are not) in sequence. you may need to   backtrack for them to make sense. reg.
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 07:46:19 PM

BFL_StevenM - If you requested an upgrade prior to the change, you have been placed in queue for upgrade and will receive the prior price.
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 08:14:53 PM

Delivered

ok I will take "fantastic" out but need to leave "had a threesome with Rihanna and Mila Kunis" as it is in the tweet. frizz  Wink

Oh dear god she looks awful.. I mean she was always unattractive but this is scary...

Yikes!!  What a dragon.... Tongue

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 08:51:26 AM

I may have missed some updates but I have not had any from bfl for 24hrs, If anyone else has please post here. reg.

1HuDKnHJy73CC2QjbqRrixTEzHd3EFEfRs
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:11:17 PM

I may have missed some updates but I have not had any from bfl for 24hrs, If anyone else has please post here. reg.
Nothing since the 4th, when they said all pre-orders would be delivered the hashrate they paid for and were promised. Your 60GH/s orders are not going to be downgraded to 50GH/s.

https://twitter.com/BFL_News

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:19:04 PM

Nothing since the 4th, when they said all pre-orders would be delivered the hashrate they paid for and were promised. Your 60GH/s orders are not going to be downgraded to 50GH/s.

https://twitter.com/BFL_News

BFL still using the future tense when talking about their product.  Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:37:45 PM

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 13m
grnbrg - https://forums.butterflylabs.com/  is back up.  It was down for several hours with a database issue.
Expand   Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More.

reg.

tips:   1HuDKnHJy73CC2QjbqRrixTEzHd3EFEfRs
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:53:40 PM

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 4m
ButterflyLabs (Facebook) -  Units begin shipping in about a week. https://www.facebook.com/ButterflyLabs/posts/561388687226275?comment_id=6319490&reply_comment_id=6319537&total_comments=3

reg

tips:     1HuDKnHJy73CC2QjbqRrixTEzHd3EFEfRs
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:49:24 PM

Butterfly Labs ‏@ButterflyLabs 18h
@Tribus67 If you ordered within the last two weeks we estimate shipping in July as well. Thank you for your orders and your patience.
 Retweeted by Unofficial BFL News
 View conversation   Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More
 Butterfly Labs ‏@ButterflyLabs 23h
@intelzee We understand your frustration and will update everyone as soon as possible.

reg

tips:    1HuDKnHJy73CC2QjbqRrixTEzHd3EFEfRs
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:39:30 PM

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 14m
BFL_Josh has confirmed (https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/1736-tour-bfl-offices.html#post23453 …) the Reddit-reported visit.  (http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1c3hyc/toured_butterflylabs_a_few_hours_ago/ …)

reg

tips:       1HuDKnHJy73CC2QjbqRrixTEzHd3EFEfRs
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:23:23 PM

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 14m
BFL_Josh has confirmed (https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/1736-tour-bfl-offices.html#post23453 …) the Reddit-reported visit.  (http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1c3hyc/toured_butterflylabs_a_few_hours_ago/ …)

reg

tips:       1HuDKnHJy73CC2QjbqRrixTEzHd3EFEfRs

LOL

Josh is so full of it.

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:19:23 AM

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 4h
Luke-Jr's Little Single is now running at around 27-30GHash/s - http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1CdcYVP4T4hjHwt353pEnGHrigeDLvuvZL

reg

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:29:33 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSu5Yyc1bEM

reg.

Beta-coiner1

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 03:19:35 AM

Luke-Jr's Little Single is now running at around 27-30GHash/s - http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1CdcYVP4T4hjHwt353pEnGHrigeDLvuvZL

reg

Blowfeld

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 03:51:04 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2013, 04:17:21 AM by Blowfeld

I have never had a stake in whether BFL "shipped", "ships", or never does either.  Nothing ordered.  Nothing wagered.  Just an observer.

If you are "shipping" from Kansas City, Kansas, but aren't shipping your product in a manner could qualify for U.S. Trademark protection, can you honestly say you are shipping?

http://www.fr.com/Dont-be-confused-about-whether-your-trademark-is-used/
John Self

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:16:53 AM

Here is another extensive discussion about whether BFL has "shipped" anything, the short answer is no- the unit is still sitting in the BFL workshop.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=163261.660

14GXJ3Q16PJNNF6v4iyxhvuhacuhvckMym
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:12:47 PM

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 2m
grnbrg - I'm still here and watching.  Nothing from BFL over the weekend, though.

reg.

tips:   1HuDKnHJy73CC2QjbqRrixTEzHd3EFEfRs
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:31:43 AM

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 43m
solutions to solve the minirig issue and we are moving forward on that front.
Expand
 Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 44m
regards to that. Expect and update on there as well, but I did want to let everyone know we have several (...)
Expand
 Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 44m
Obviously, the minirig can't fit 1.5 TH/s in a case the size of what we were planning, but we have some interesting solutions with (...)
Expand

reg.

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:13:12 AM

to check if we've released the other  45 or so... I don't see why we wouldn't have.  The rest of the wafers are being packaged.

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 5m
BFL_Josh (Shoutbox) - We've released at least 25 wafers from the fab, I'm not sure when they  are due to arrive just yet.  I have (...)
Expand

reg.

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:18:51 AM

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 3m
likely improve over time as we  refine many aspects of the project.  -- https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/1811-reason-behind-luke-jrs-asics-improved-performance.html#post24151
Expand

BFL_Josh - With our current power subsystem and it's inefficiencies, I would expect  ~170 MH/J  performance.  That will most (...)
Expand

reg.

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:21:47 AM

It appears they're lubing their investors up to accept 6w/Gh/s performance.

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:59:45 AM

Recent update from Josh - Butterfly Labs
15 April 2013 Update

Short update today, more to come in the next day or two, hopefully.

We've been working on getting the software and firmware nailed down. Things are mostly stabilized at this point and with our current boards (we do not have the redesigned boards in house yet), power usage exceeds the 1w/GH, unfortunately, but it's much better than anything out by 40 - 50%, at the wall. We are gearing up to start shipping out some dev boards and a few Jalapeno's most likely this week (at least a few dev boards) and then as more chips roll in we'll be shipping out the Jalapeno's. When the new boards land in KC, we'll start shipping Little Singles and Singles at that time. I don't currently have a time frame for those, but I should have something later this week in regards to that.

Obviously, the minirig can't fit 1.5 TH/s in a case the size of what we were planning, but we have some interesting solutions with regards to that. Expect and update on there as well, but I did want to let everyone know we have several solutions to solve the minirig issue and we are moving forward on that front.

I did want to quash any rumors that there was something wrong with the chips; there isn't. The chips themselves are fine (other than using more power than we expected), the delay is strictly due to having to re-engineer the power system on the boards (which requires a larger PCB redesign to a degree) and refine/streamline our processes for getting chips from silicon to mounted on boards. Things will be rolling along soon, albeit a bit slow at first, and then picking up speed as the whole process is optimized and finalized.

I found this on another post. reg.

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 06:03:51 AM

BFL_Josh - 5 GH/s miner demo:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uez9AVfDQIg
 View media   Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More

reg.

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:56:03 PM

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 16m
other boards does 5.3 GH/s at ~27w  at the wall.  https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/1877-5-gh-s-demo-test-power-consumption.html#post24989
 Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 17m
BFL_Josh - The board I showed actually had higher power usage than other boards we  are testing.  For example, one of the (...)
Expand

reg.

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:51:51 AM

Butterfly Labs ‏@ButterflyLabs 23m
Thanks @KJ6CCZ !
5GH/s Butterfly Bitforce ASIC unboxing and demo: http://codinginmysleep.com/bfl-jalapeno-unboxing-and-demo/
#Bitcoin #ButterflyLabs #ASIC #Unicorns

reg.

tips:1HuDKnHJy73CC2QjbqRrixTEzHd3EFEfRs
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:25:24 PM

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 35s
an ATX PSU instead.  https://forums.butterflylabs.com/jalapeno-single-sc-support/1880-external-power-included-2.html#post25271
Expand
 Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 1m
BFL_Josh - The single will ship with a power brick for stand alone power and have PCIe connectors if you want to hook it up to
Expand

reg:

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:30:21 PM

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 2m
removing the restriction reduces the audible signature quite drastically.
BFL_Josh - The fan isn't quite as noisy as it appears in the video.  Taking the top off of the case makes things pretty quiet, since (...)
Expand

reg:

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:32:50 PM

The new Single SC case addresses these issues and will also use standard sized fans that can be replaced easily.  https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/1888-coding-my-sleep-jalepeno-unboxing-demo-4.html#post25267

reg:

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 09:41:57 AM

I AM ASIC HOSTILE

I do not think just listing tweets as they appear counts as "spamming" ?

As there has been a confirmed shipping I will edit the op though.

reg:

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:11:19 PM

BFL_Jody - Monday shipped 4 Jalapenos. 1 Customer and 3 developer units,Tuesday 3 more to ship today to customers. https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/136-shipping-update.html
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

reg:

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:13:59 PM

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/butterfly-labs-ships-first-finished-asic-for-review/
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

reg:

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:37:25 PM

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 1h

grnbrg: Because I'm getting asked: I have orders from October and January. I'm assuming this a Jalapeno to review, not an order fulfilment.
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

reg:

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:39:51 PM

grnbrg: I just got a call from FedEx about an attempted package delivery. I expect I will be posting some pictures tonight.
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

reg:

PatMan

Activity: 924

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 09:41:25 PM

Enough of the bloody tweets already!!

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:05:31 AM

no one needs to refer to this thread if they do not wish to. there is a delete button. If you do not want this info or wish to provide alternative dats start a new thread.

grnbrg - My unboxing, teardown and review of the BitForce 5GH/s Miner is ready. -- https://forums.butterflylabs.com/hardware-discussion/1983-grnbrgs-unboxing-teardown-new-bitforce-5-gh-s-sc-miner.html
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

reg:

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:10:02 AM

ready until the end of next week at the earliest is my guess.
Expand
Unofficial BFL News Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News now

PCB redesign is done. The BOM was sent off today. Boards should be in next week, but probably not tested and (...)
Expand

"any idea how soon we may know anything at all about the singles?" - Probably Friday.

Retweet

tomorrow with another ~10 or so.... so a total of 20 tomorrow.
Expand

BFL_Josh (Shoutbox) - 11 packed today, but I think they missed the ship cutoff time going out, so they'll go out (...)

reg:

Frizz23

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:34:44 AM

PCB redesign is done. The BOM was sent off today. Boards should be in next week, ...

This is such a joke! According to Josh PCB redesign is no big deal. Should be done in 2 days.

Now, 3 weeks later, we still have to wait one more week for PCBs.

2 days became 4 weeks. (1 BFL day = 14 Earth days).

... but probably not tested and (...)

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:02:19 PM

I keep clicking on this thing forgetting it's a twitter feed. Don't people have idk maybe twitter for that kinda thing?
Rawted

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:39:36 PM

I keep clicking on this thing forgetting it's a twitter feed. Don't people have idk maybe twitter for that kinda thing?
It's just some random user fishing for tips for copy/pasting.
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:43:28 AM

BitPay ‏@bitpay 3h

@ButterflyLabs jalapeno exceeding the hashing spec pic.twitter.com/elMRqe8A2H
View photo

Retweet
    Favorite

reg:

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:38:39 AM

BitPay ‏@bitpay 5h

@ButterflyLabs jalapeño in the wild mining at 5.8 GH/s! pic.twitter.com/Rx2rbMYMXA
Hide photo

Retweet
    Favorite

Embedded image permalink

reg:

bitchess

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:09:04 PM

I was researching the whole ASIC craze.  Does anybody have a reliable history of what ASICs have been shipped and at what prices?

I am somewhat of a skeptic but based on my limited view, there could be a chance that the people who control ASIC supply (the producers) are trying to withhold their products in this market for further gain.  (To relate to the deflation spiral chain, they are holding off on making transactions because they think it will be more profitable next year vs. this year.)
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:19:36 PM

I was researching the whole ASIC craze.  Does anybody have a reliable history of what ASICs have been shipped and at what prices?

hey, there is a bfl order list you can find doing a search. Basically nobody knows whats going on-hence the trolling-speculation etc. I am just a bfl customer hoping to get a good idea when I will get my single?. As far as I know Avalon are the only one's to have shipped in any quantity but their product is juicy (power) lower gh's than bfl spec and some pre-orders have sold for crazy prices. Mainly because I heard a rumor that even these were mining 11 btc per day?. BFL have doubled their prices and so far have only shipped a few jalapenos @ 5 gh's for evaluation. The concern for us is that the difficulty will increase to a point before we get our's that it will take ages, a year + before we recover our investment. But if btc goes back up in price it may still work out. good luck- post any findings-thoughts.

reg:

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:52:44 PM

BFL_StevenM (Shoutbox) - Josh said PCB is done, being shipped to us.
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

reg:

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:56:29 AM

Just because they are being shipped a new PCB, it doesn't mean it will work like they want it to. The last one didn't..

Also, why must you put 5 spaces in between certain parts of your posts?!? Sorry, I am somewhat of a nitpicker!
computerparts

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:25:52 AM

Just because they are being shipped a new PCB, it doesn't mean it will work like they want it to. The last one didn't..

Also, why must you put 5 spaces in between certain parts of your posts?!? Sorry, I am somewhat of a nitpicker!

I see no reason to believe it won't work. They have the chips. They have tested the chips. They know what part of the board needed to be redesigned based on that testing.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:15:01 AM

I see no reason to believe it won't work. They have the chips. They have tested the chips. They know what part of the board needed to be redesigned based on that testing.

If they go real quiet over this weekend and early next week, we will know that their new PCB is a dud- if not they will be showing off specs and pics... And yes I think it is a possibility... if it isn't obvious to you yet, these guys have no idea what they're doing.

We will know soon enough.
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 06:29:26 AM

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 3h

BFL_StevenM (Shoutbox): We are trying to fit the 25/30 in the original Single SC case with modification, but no promises.
    Expand
    TR Rinkes TR Rinkes ‏@TRRinkes 3h

BFL_Jody - "Less than 12" units, ordered June 23rd, shipped today. https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/143-more-units-6-23-shipped-today.html#comment1774
    Expand
    Expand
    Unofficial BFL News Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 4h

It can accommodate 2 boards
    Expand

BFL_StevenM (Shoutbox): http://ow.ly/i/1YZoA  25/30/50/60 SC case. Missing the front LED, we'll have better lighting and more angles later.
    View photo

Expand
    Butterfly Labs Butterfly Labs ‏@ButterflyLabs 4h

http://ow.ly/i/1YZoA  A wild Single case appears
    View photo
    ‏
    reg:    tips:    1HuDKnHJy73CC2QjbqRrixTEzHd3EFEfRs

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 06:48:50 AM

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 7h

https://support.butterflylabs.com/  -- Currently what looks like a fairly complete knowledgebase so far. I don't know yet how "open" it is.
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

reg:    tips:    1HuDKnHJy73CC2QjbqRrixTEzHd3EFEfRs
nebiz

Activity: 87
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 06:52:24 AM

fml

tips: 1KY4hsybyqpTdxy8nSXh3KUKRi8jeGH8Jx
jasonjm

Activity: 1246
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 12:42:21 AM

so what happens to the 60gh units?

they going into the minirig cases?

lol

reg (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 07:56:09 AM

Customer Jalapeno review: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/jalapeno-single-sc-support/2088-guess-who%92s-got-two-thumbs-jalapeno%85%85-guy%85.html
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

reg:              tips:    1HuDKnHJy73CC2QjbqRrixTEzHd3EFEfRs
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 08:01:20 AM

Reply with quote  #89
so what happens to the 60gh units?

they going into the minirig cases?

I heard a rumor that they were matching and mixing rarther than wait for new cases. ie: you get your total gh's order but maybe in several smaller units? please do not quote me and check bfl forum direct- there are links in this thread. reg.

tips:  1HuDKnHJy73CC2QjbqRrixTEzHd3EFEfRs
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:01:11 PM

Another angle for the new case, on BFL's home page: http://www.butterflylabs.com/
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

reg:      tips:    1HuDKnHJy73CC2QjbqRrixTEzHd3EFEfRs
reg (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 08:39:15 AM

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 5h

BitMinter has posted another of the increasingly common 5GH/s miner videos - https://plus.google.com/u/0/107253423193517853418/posts/PQuAMcQnq6g … This will be the last on I'll share....
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

reg:       tips:    1HuDKnHJy73CC2QjbqRrixTEzHd3EFEfRs
reg (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:58:34 AM

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 34m

BFL_George - Easyminer Beta Release (Windows, Android, Linux coming soon) - https://forums.butterflylabs.com/easyminer-support/2211-easyminer-beta-release-windows-android-linux-coming-soon.html
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

reg (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:23:16 PM

We are doing this so that we can be sure everyone understands that the power usage is more than we planned. We don't want to (...)
Expand

BFL_Josh - Yeah Product server is dying.
Expand

BFL_Josh on order confirmation: I'd wait awhile before trying. It's not like we're going to cancle your order today. You got 10 days or so
Expand

Expand

going out now, so check your inbox. Also, Josh has been posting stuff in the last 12 hours, so I'll be sending out some quotes shortly.
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

grnbrg - Just FYI, I'm on a vacation, and updates are going to be delayed a bit for the next week or so. There is a BFL update email (...)
Expand

reg:         tips:    1HuDKnHJy73CC2QjbqRrixTEzHd3EFEfRs
reg (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:25:55 PM

refunded without approval. Clicking accept does not change your place in the order queue.
Expand

BFL_Josh - Product server is overloaded. Wait awhile to confirm your orders. No orders are in imminent danger of being (...)
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

reg (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:52:18 PM

process there. Confirmation by email is not accepted.
Expand

BFL_Sabina - When the website is back up, please log in to our website at https://products.butterflylabs.com/c...account/login/ … and proceed with the confirmation (...)

reg      tips     1HuDKnHJy73CC2QjbqRrixTEzHd3EFEfRs
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 10:54:09 AM

yo reg!
it would be awesome if you included the order # with each update so i could keep better track!
i'm not even kidding
THx dood  Cool
reg (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:55:21 PM

hi, asking what info is available, will keep you posted. reg:

reg (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:49:59 AM

https://109.201.133.65/index.php?topic=192854.0

This thread has more information on current order status. There is a BFL order list in "marketing". I do not know how to get a list of order numbers shipped?. reg:

reg (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:08:27 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 06:25:47 AM by reg

New board: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/attachments/announcements/1083d1367898382-bfl-asic-status-img_20130506_130150%5B1%5D.jpg
Expand

The current board will support the hashrates for Little Single and Single in one box, so single units will be shipped out for both designs.
Expand

We don't have a count on the number of chips that will be arriving on Thursday as of yet.
Expand

the way to the assembly facility, and they should arrive on Thursday, the 9th of May.
Expand

The new boards are being finished today, the 6th of May, and should be ready this evening. We have more chips from the packager on (...)
Expand

power, and each board is intended to provide up to 60 GH/s hashing power.
Expand

We have moved from barrel jack power to PCIe style Minifit Jr 6 pin connectors. Each board has two 6 pin connectors to provide (...)
Expand

as well as some power distribution changes.
Expand

We received the new boards for the Little Single, Single and Minirig - the board redesign incorporates a total of 16 possible chips, (...)
Expand

BFL_Josh - 6 May 2013 ASIC Update: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status-3.html#post30481
Expand

reg:              tips:     1HuDKnHJy73CC2QjbqRrixTEzHd3EFEfRs
reg (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:24:47 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=198508.msg2065032#msg2065032

reg:      tips:
reg (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:50:31 PM

packaging and substrate manufacture. I'm not sure how many of the 5 wafers have been used so far.
Expand
Unofficial BFL News Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 6h

We are still chewing through the first 5 wafers, but slowly so we don't waste any more chips than we have to, while we dial in the (...)
Expand

Expand

their way to the testing/binning facility and then on to Chicago on the 9th to be mounted.
Expand

(new) line made it through today and the yield rate is @#$#@ spectacular and The Josh is pleased. Those chips should be making (...)
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite
Expand

The packaging house we were using is performing... less than adequately. We've changed packaging houses and the first chips off the (..)
Expand

BFL_Josh - https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/2239-what-happened-chips-3.html#post30793 … - There are some changes we are making to the metal layers to hopefully reduce power.
Expand

reg:             tips:    1HuDKnHJy73CC2QjbqRrixTEzHd3EFEfRs
reg (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 11:58:00 AM

facility which is capable of higher volume, so we expect them to be packaged quickly and ready for use after they arrive at the facility.
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

The rest of the wafers are expected at the bumping facility the following week, and once bumped, they will head to the new packaging (...)
Expand

Expand

them all into 5 GH/s units, but we don't expect any blocking issues at this point.
Expand
Expand

packaging house is expected on Tuesday and should consist of several hundred chips. If there is a blocking problem, we will build (...)
Expand

We expected them today, but the packager has been dragging their feet in the process. The first bulk shipment from the new (...)
Expand

reg (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 12:00:28 PM

packaging and various other things. One was burnt for testing, one is at the new packaging facility and the rest are at the old facility.
Expand

Expand

"What happened to the chips you already had?" Nothing happened to them, we've been working through them working the bugs out of the (...)
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

BFL_Josh - https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/2604-10-may-2013-update.html#post31821 … - The rest of the wafers refers to the remainder of the 75, or a at least a large portion thereof.
Expand

reg (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 12:06:30 PM

note: it may be obvious but for anyone who does not know -to make sense of these tweets which are limited in size there is usually a link to bfl which gives a more coherent  rendering (read) reg.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 09:42:17 PM

LOL so now Josh says "we are working through them and the bugs".

When previously he said many times they would just package them do some quick tests and ship in 24 hours or something really fast.

Josh did not know what the fuck he was talking about for the majority of the past 9 months. Empty promises with lots of fluff netted him failure after failure.

BFL customers are you now convinced that BFL will not be shipping anytime soon?

As they say...should be shipping in a week or two..

LOL  Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

jhansen858

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 10:46:37 PM

It seems like the difficulty isn't really going up as fast as what most people estimated.  Yet.. I think most people will wait till they think its no longer possible to gain from waiting.

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
reg (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:31:58 AM

CoinDesk ‏@coindesk 10 May

Top 20 bitcoin-related Twitter accounts http://ow.ly/kTiyH
Promoted by CoinDesk

Hide summary

Retweet
    Favorite

CoinDesk
20 top bitcoin twitterers - CoinDesk

As interest in bitcoin grows, so too does the number of Twitter accounts related to the digital currency.
View on web

reg (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:42:56 AM

Jalapeno's. The expected larger quantity of chips later in the week will probably go more towards LS/S/MR boards.
Expand
Unofficial BFL News Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 1h

before the end of the week. (...) That said, we'll likely be creating a few Singles boards with this set of chips and a number of (...)
Expand

We are having some trouble with the new Single board and we are working through the issues now and should hopefully have a resolution (...)
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

shipping out some units then.
Expand

in Chicago by the end of the week. The chips going through mounting tomorrow should arrive in KC on Wednesday and we'll be (...)
Expand

We just got off the phone with our testing facility... they will have ~100 chips in Chicago tomorrow. (...) We should have more chips (...)
Expand

BFL_Josh - 13 May 2013 Update - https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status-3.html#post32585
Expan

reg:     tips:    1HuDKnHJy73CC2QjbqRrixTEzHd3EFEfRs
reg (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:53:23 AM

From the video posted earlier (http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/32978395 …) at 1:28 - 50GH/s unit power consumption rated at 300W.
View media

Retweet
    Favorite

reg (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:00:42 AM

Another image of the new large Single board from #Bitcoin2013: http://imgur.com/RIIN6sZ

reg (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:05:57 PM

payments or their refunds. https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/161-silence-email-questions-minirigs.html
Expand

emails about ETA on shipping anymore. There are people who need to have replies about their orders and (...)
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

BFL_Jody - A few went out Saturday and more will be ready to go Monday. All still from June 23. (...) We simply cannot answer (...)

reg (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:15:48 PM

Ignore

Re: Bitcoin 2013: The Future of Payments - San Jose, CA - May 17-19, 2013
May 18, 2013, 09:40:20 PM

Reply with quote  #148
Greetings, I've been recording amateur videos of the conference as I go along. Professional videos should be out in a week or two by bitcoin foundation, but for those who couldn't make it, here's some shaky but watchable videos. I will keep uploading more over the next few days. Enjoy!
If you are feeling generous, please tip/thank me here:
185By4a1Lt2HnKLAKR5EmidZMYgp5D­DSaj

BITCOIN 2013 FUTURE OF PAYMENT VIDEOS: http://www.youtube.com/user/digitalmagus7/videos?flow=grid&view=0

check out number 6  reg:      tips:    1HuDKnHJy73CC2QjbqRrixTEzHd3EFEfRs
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:37:54 PM

WOW! BFL_Jody : "Customers have to be at least smart enough to go online and order or they won't be able to mine when they do get their units."

"We don't know when the MiniRig will be redesigned, how fast it will be, how much it will cost, etc. We are concentrating on getting our backlog of orders shipped."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/161-silence-email-questions-minirigs.html

This certainly inspires confidence !
reg (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 07:12:11 PM

This certainly inspires confidence !

Actually it does? I am just a customer like you trying to find out when I will get my order!. If it's confidence you want go listen to politicians and central bankers. If someone says to me they do not know the future that sounds better than someone who says they do. At least they are working on the backlog now so we will see.  reg.
Frizz23

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 08:09:59 PM

WOW! BFL_Jody : "Customers have to be at least smart enough to go online and order or they won't be able to mine when they do get their units."

Jody also says: "A few went out Saturday and more will be ready to go Monday. All still from June 23 orders ..."

So 6 weeks after they officially started shipping (April 1st), and they are still working to get the units from the first pre-order day shipped. At that speed July pre-order customers will get their units in 2017.

reg (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 09:07:45 PM

So 6 weeks after they officially started shipping (April 1st), and they are still working to get the units from the first pre-order day shipped. At that speed July pre-order customers will get their units in 2017.

Theoretically nothing in the universe goes at a constant speed. Nature appears to love exponential curves both up and down- so you may be correct and it may take longer. I am hoping for an increase in speed -normal after a learning curve and apparent high demand. reg
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 09:22:33 PM

Jody also says: "A few went out Saturday and more will be ready to go Monday. All still from June 23 orders ..."

Not to put too fine of a point on it, but with them forcing cancellations over discontent, I would hazard a guess their backlog might clear up by 2016.

I can't wait for BFL forum denizens to start complaining about BFL force-canceling their orders due to their own discontented posts.
reg (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:13:52 AM

Forum user ryanc has posted some pictures of the Single at #Bitcoin2013 - http://imgur.com/a/GCNzW
View photo

Retweet
    Favorite

reg (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:24:44 AM

Bitcoin Info ‏@bitcoininfo 2h

How many BFL ASIC is shipped? http://ur1.ca/dyi2c  #bitcoin
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

reg (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 07:33:00 AM

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 7h

the chips we get everyday. Probably none tomorrow. https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/165-tuesday-5-21-shipping-updates.html
Expand
Unofficial BFL News Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 7h

BFL_Jody - We shipped orders from 6/23, 6/24 and 6/25 today. All Jalapenos. We are shipping all the units we can build with
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

GigaWave

Activity: 239

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 05:03:04 PM

If you going to repost something, it would be nice to at least put some effort forward and cut out the useless button/link text.  Makes everyone's eyes hurt.    mmmkkkk thanks.
reg (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 07:53:23 PM

the week of the 26th of May, 2013. Not guaranteed, but confidence level is above average to optimistic.
Expand

BFL Forum "Latest News" banner - Latest News: Jalapenos shipping now. LS/S/MR should start shipping sometime during (...)
Expand

reg (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 07:55:50 PM

BFL_Josh - I will have an update posted later tonight or tomorrow once I get back to KC. https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/2815-josh-could-minirig-owners-just-sent-components-instead.html#post34621
Expand
Unofficial BFL News Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 3h

BFL_Josh - The new MiniRig will likely be a 500gh box. The new name, if any, is yet to be determined. https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/2802-dazed-confused.html#post34619
Expand

reg (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:25:44 AM

[UPDATE] BFL ASIC Status (May 23 2013)
Today at 07:04:53 AM

Taken from: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status-3.html#post34766

-------------------START-------------------

BFL Josh:
Progress has not stopped here at the labs while we attended the 2013 Bitcoin Conference. We demonstrated a 5 GH/s, a 25 GH/s and a 50 GH/s miner at the conference that people could see, touch, stroke and pet, all while they were mining on an Android tablet. It was a good conference and we were glad that we could demonstrate working units and meet many of our customers and fellow bitcoiners. It was a pleasure meeting many of you.

We have resolved the issues with the long boards and are making some tweaks to the 5 GH/s boards that may reduce power consumption but will almost certainly reduce heat output. With that in mind, we should be getting about 200 5 GH/s boards on Friday, and we'll be shipping those out on Friday and Saturday.

As a term/jargon/technical note, here is the informal and/or official designations here at BFL:

Short Board = ~92mm x 92mm board that contains up to 8 chips and powers the 5 GH/s miner, typically with just 1 or 2 chips.
Long Board = The board that powers the Little Single, Single and Minirig and can contain up to 16 chips in two banks of 8.
Jalapeno is now called the 5 GH/s miner and is synonymous.
The Minirig is now a 500 GH/s unit.

Our chips consume about 3 - 3.5w per GH/s at the chip level, so there is some room for tweaking, which we will be focusing on as soon as we get the final rev out for the Long Boards. Speaking of Long Boards, we have what we are considering the last rev for shipment coming next Monday or Tuesday the 27th or 28th of May (they may even be done with manufacturing this Saturday the 25th) and we will continue to refine the firmware for that board until the final rev arrives in KC. Assuming no problems with it, we will be begin shipment shortly thereafter. The long boards will be powered by one or two PCIe style 6 pin Minifit Jr connectors. Please be aware that these connectors, while using the same form factor as PCIe connectors are not PCIe connectors, though they are electrically compatible with them (Meaning you can likely use an ATX PSU at your own discretion if you chose not to use our supplied power bricks). The Little Single and Single will have a 120mm fan at each end of the case in a push/pull configuration. Each bank of 8 chips will have a heatsink, heat baffle and 92mm fan on top of it. Cooling will not be an issue with these units and they will be fairly quiet to run if you are in a cool environment. The fan will scale up and down in speed as required due to heat. The units will be stackable and have a side to side or front to back airflow, depending on how you orient them.

We are expecting several thousand chips next week from our new packaging facility and expect to start shipping all product lines next week. Beyond that, we will be receiving thousands of chips per week at an ever increasing pace between now and until all of the remaining 68 wafers are used up. We have additional wafers on order and they should be ready about the time we've used up all 68 wafers should we need them. Soon after, we hope to have product on the shelf for immediate shipment, depending on how many orders come in between now and when we catch up the backlog.

-------------------END-------------------

I see something wrong here.  BFL is expecting several thousand chips next week at their packaging facility as well as receiving the final rev. long boards for SC/Minirig around the same time.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say suppose all this actually happens next week without a hitch, are they seriously capable of maintaining such a large packaging and product line.. ALL in the same week?  Will they be able to uphold their claim regarding shipment of all products lines starting next week?  I swear if a SC or Minirig gets sent to another dev or some other PR-related recipient.. I'm going to give Josh more Quarters he can handle. Tongue

reg (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:45:05 PM

Unofficial BFL News Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 2m

BFL_Josh - The MR will contain 2 PSU's, so you can split it up between two different circuits if you want. https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/2838-may-22-2013-update-discussion-thread.html#post34781
    Unofficial BFL News Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 5m

We have additional wafers on order and they should be ready about the time we've used up all 68 wafers should we need them.

We will be receiving thousands of chips per week at an ever increasing pace until all of the remaining 68 wafers are used up.
    Expand
    Unofficial BFL News Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 7m

We are expecting several thousand chips next week from our new packaging facility and expect to start shipping all product lines next week.
    Expand
    Unofficial BFL News Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 7m

chose not to use our supplied power bricks).
    Unofficial BFL News Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 8m