Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:55:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts/potential of BURSTcoin  (Read 1936 times)
CryptoDude2727 (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 04:18:51 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2016, 04:29:02 PM by CryptoDude2727

Hello.  For those that know it give me your thoughts and long term potential of BURSTcoin?

http://web.burst-team.us/

It has a very green/eco friendly way to mine, where anyone with a space on a hard drive can do it.  Basically extremely cheap to mine.

Will have a way to mine on a smart phone soon.

It's established (about 2 years) and seems to have a pretty good community behind it.

Has smart contracts, asset exchange, a potential marketplace, and other features that make it unique and seemingly would have mass appeal.

Very cheap around .0007 USD and around #80 at coinmarketcap.com.  Will be capped at 2.1 billion coins (1.5 billion mined so far).  

Seems like it could take off BIGTIME, any thoughts?

Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2016, 04:40:24 PM

Heh.

CryptoDude2727 (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 02:53:34 AM

Heh.

Meaning?
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1456

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 03:34:17 AM

Burst is making some innovation and for now it is all a big experiment for now. Trade the coin if you want but treat like a test net and do not hold for the very long term. Always be safe.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Dassi

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 04:24:39 AM

Hello.  For those that know it give me your thoughts and long term potential of BURSTcoin?

It has a very green/eco friendly way to mine, where anyone with a space on a hard drive can do it.  Basically extremely cheap to mine.

Does that mean I can mine Burst on a laptop without spoiling the machine or buying additional gadgets like GPU and the likes Huh?
CryptoDude2727 (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 04:42:17 AM

Does that mean I can mine Burst on a laptop without spoiling the machine or buying additional gadgets like GPU and the likes Huh?

Yes...if you have extra space on your hard drive you can.  You have to "plot" your hard drive, which takes a little time...but then you can mine away.  Very green/eco friendly way to mine.  Read up on it...
paramind22

Activity: 2660
Merit: 552

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 04:46:49 AM

Is there any possible disadvantage that can come from plotting your hd?  I heard conflicting reports on how much hd space is actually needed.   If you give it more, your profit is greater, but on some systems it didn't seem to take too much space, if I remember correctly.  So, if you make several different plots in your hd, it will use up up some of each one? 

CryptoDude2727 (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 04:54:27 AM

Burst is making some innovation and for now it is all a big experiment for now. Trade the coin if you want but treat like a test net and do not hold for the very long term. Always be safe.

I don't disagree in theory...but I would never put anything in a very speculative investment I couldn't afford lose.  That being said...if you just want to trade/day trade that's fine (not necessarily specific to Burst, but in general)...but if you never hold you also will never hit a big one.

I know a family that invested early in a company in Omaha, NE...they bought and held.   They now have money coming out of their ears because it turned out to be Berkshire Hathaway.  Many were happy when Bitcoin got to $10 (or whatever)...others...well you know.  Certainly the exception rather than the rule though.

I'm conservative by nature, but sometimes you gotta take a risk as well.  Burst may be something I do that with.  Smiley
CryptoDude2727 (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 05:00:38 AM

Is there any possible disadvantage that can come from plotting your hd?  I heard conflicting reports on how much hd space is actually needed.   If you give it more, your profit is greater, but on some systems it didn't seem to take too much space, if I remember correctly.  So, if you make several different plots in your hd, it will use up up some of each one? 

I'm not an expert...I would go to the Burst site and ask the question on the forum there.

Obviously the more space you have the better it will be.  I've been mining and from my experience the impact on my computer is minimal.  It doesn't impact the computer much (I'm still mining in the background when using my computer).  And in general the "cost" is just the electricity of having your computer on.

It's pretty cool...
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 05:04:17 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2016, 07:07:53 AM by bbc.reporter

I don't disagree in theory...but I would never put anything in a very speculative investment I couldn't afford lose.  That being said...if you just want to trade/day trade that's fine (not necessarily specific to Burst, but in general)...but if you never hold you also will never hit a big one.

I know a family that invested early in a company in Omaha, NE...they bought and held.   They now have money coming out of their ears because it turned out to be Berkshire Hathaway.  Many were happy when Bitcoin got to $10 (or whatever)...others...well you know.  Certainly the except rather than the rule though.

I'm conservative by nature, but sometimes you gotta take a risk as well.  Burst may be something I do that with.  Smiley

That is funny. Show me someone who is like Warren Buffet running the Burst project and I will believe you. I did not want to say this but Burst could be another scam. Time will tell if it is.

Why did you compare Burst with something as extremely fundamental to Berkshire Hathaway? Buffet invested in companies that have true value and earning revenue. Do you think he will invest in Burst?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 08:36:25 AM

Possibly? Not sure, i just tried to plot today it takes so long until now the hdd is still not yet plotted, maybe it takes day :/
legdunes

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 08:40:09 AM

Just another slap in the face of Bitcoin and everything it stands for. Avoid these jokes at all cost.
CryptoDude2727 (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 11:48:31 AM

I know a family that invested early in a company in Omaha, NE...they bought and held.   They now have money coming out of their ears because it turned out to be Berkshire Hathaway.  Many were happy when Bitcoin got to $10 (or whatever)...others...well you know.  Certainly the except rather than the rule though.

That is funny. Show me someone who is like Warren Buffet running the Burst project and I will believe you. I did not want to say this but Burst could be another scam. Time will tell if it is.

Why did you compare Burst with something as extremely fundamental to Berkshire Hathaway? Buffet invested in companies that have true value and earning revenue. Do you think he will invest in Burst?

You're missing my point...I'm not specifically tying Buffet to Burst or making that comparison.  The point was when this family invested decades ago (and held) no one knew who Buffet was or what he could do (obviously).  And obviously not comparing Burst to Berkshire... was talking taking risk in investing in general.

Please expand on your scam comment.  Burst has been around for 2 years, has developed their unique mining method...it does not have a feel of pump and dump operation at all.  Doesn't mean burst will be wildly successful but it doesn't feel scam like to me (from what I've read/researched).

That's a serious accusation...please expand on it? 
Suggestive Melon

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 12:51:10 PM

BURST (and Qora as well, same developer), is the first coin to have a turing-complete smart contracting system, it beat ethereum to the punch and doesn't have the market cap to show for it.  Keep that in mind when you see people calling it a scam.
CryptoDude2727 (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 02:28:11 PM

BURST (and Qora as well, same developer), is the first coin to have a turing-complete smart contracting system, it beat ethereum to the punch and doesn't have the market cap to show for it.  Keep that in mind when you see people calling it a scam.

Expand on that.  You think because Burst doesn't have a large market cap presently (even though it was ahead of the curve with smart contracts) that it isn't a good coin/investment?

Or you think people don't realize what it can do with smart contracts,etc and it has untapped potential?  
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 12:29:33 AM

You're missing my point...I'm not specifically tying Buffet to Burst or making that comparison.  The point was when this family invested decades ago (and held) no one knew who Buffet was or what he could do (obviously).  And obviously not comparing Burst to Berkshire... was talking taking risk in investing in general.

Please expand on your scam comment.  Burst has been around for 2 years, has developed their unique mining method...it does not have a feel of pump and dump operation at all.  Doesn't mean burst will be wildly successful but it doesn't feel scam like to me (from what I've read/researched).

You are missing my point too. That is still not a good example. If you want to talk about a success story that a Burst long time holder can possibly look up to it is the story of the first adopters of bitcoin. Those people who mined and traded bitcoin when it was under $1 is a better comparison to the present state of Burst. But do you really think Burst will become the next bitcoin? The cryptosphere has changed a lot since 2009.

Also I am not saying that Burst is a scam. I said that it could be a scam. I did not mean anything bad I was only proving a point to be careful in the cryptosphere because all of the scams make you think that they are not a scam. So be careful before you commit.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
CryptoDude2727 (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:55:21 AM

You are missing my point too. That is still not a good example. If you want to talk about a success story that a Burst long time holder can possibly look up to it is the story of the first adopters of bitcoin. Those people who mined and traded bitcoin when it was under $1 is a better comparison to the present state of Burst. But do you really think Burst will become the next bitcoin? The cryptosphere has changed a lot since 2009.

Also I am not saying that Burst is a scam. I said that it could be a scam. I did not mean anything bad I was only proving a point to be careful in the cryptosphere because all of the scams make you think that they are not a scam. So be careful before you commit.

Once again...I wasn't trying to make a direct comparison  (Burst/Buffet)... I was merely making a point about investing in general.

You obviously think there is something funny with Burst (or you wouldn't have made your original comment)...so as someone who may invest in the coin can you please give specifics why you think "it could be a scam"?

Thanks.
yns1971

Activity: 399

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 02:14:59 AM

I like QORA  Grin
CryptoDude2727 (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 02:29:26 AM

I like QORA  Grin

QORA and Burst linked no?  May be able able to do cross-chain transactions moving into and out of burst/qora/bitcoin without an exchange.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 04:08:26 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2016, 05:42:37 AM by bbc.reporter

You're missing my point...I'm not specifically tying Buffet to Burst or making that comparison.  The point was when this family invested decades ago (and held) no one knew who Buffet was or what he could do (obviously).  And obviously not comparing Burst to Berkshire... was talking taking risk in investing in general.

Please expand on your scam comment.  Burst has been around for 2 years, has developed their unique mining method...it does not have a feel of pump and dump operation at all.  Doesn't mean burst will be wildly successful but it doesn't feel scam like to me (from what I've read/researched).

Once again...I wasn't trying to make a direct comparison  (Burst/Buffet)... I was merely making a point about investing in general.

You obviously think there is something funny with Burst (or you wouldn't have made your original comment)...so as someone who may invest in the coin can you please give specifics why you think "it could be a scam"?

Thanks.

I am sorry if you received the wrong impression but I only mean that as a general statement. For Burst specifically I do not think it might or might not be a scam. But you should always be careful and do not forget that these altcoins are more experimental. So my advice to you is to treat them as a testnet for the future cryptocoin projects.