Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:07:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CampBX - location /yellow flags  (Read 5912 times)
silzero (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 03:21:39 PM

Hi,
I was looking to transact with CampBX.com but I could not confirm their identity or their registered location. Can anyone help?
Their office is in Alpharetta, Georgia. But GA secretary of state shows no record of BulBul investments LLC or CampBX.   
Second yellow flag: "KYC" or Know Your Customer -- This phrase is used in Asia and Australia/NZ. In US, its usually called Customer Identification Program: http://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/31/103.121
Third yellow flag: Their office address and suite 600 is claimed by 3 other businesses as per google search. A secure and trusted exchange in a shared office space?

While CampBX might be operating fine now, if there is no tie into US /UK legal system, its hard to trust them. Does anyone have more background information on Camp BX?
There is a similar thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=22510.40 ... but can't post to that yet.

Thanks.
-sz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Marcus Antonius

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 01:00:50 AM

I sent them a money order and had no trouble.
peterz

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 07:16:36 AM

So what is the general opinion about CampBX, safe or unsafe?
coindexter

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 07:32:17 PM

Well I have been using them for quite a while and they have been getting progressively worse!
They still owe me around two thousand dollars in postal money orders from January and have
stopped responding to inquiries for certified mail and postal money order documentation!

I e-mailed them over a half dozen times concerning this matter and the last, two weeks ago.
no response whatsoever.

I guess that I will have to start a what's up with campbx thread and supply the documentation.
Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 04:06:12 AM

Hi,
I was looking to transact with CampBX.com but I could not confirm their identity or their registered location. Can anyone help?
Their office is in Alpharetta, Georgia. But GA secretary of state shows no record of BulBul investments LLC or CampBX.   
Second yellow flag: "KYC" or Know Your Customer -- This phrase is used in Asia and Australia/NZ. In US, its usually called Customer Identification Program: http://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/31/103.121
Third yellow flag: Their office address and suite 600 is claimed by 3 other businesses as per google search. A secure and trusted exchange in a shared office space?

While CampBX might be operating fine now, if there is no tie into US /UK legal system, its hard to trust them. Does anyone have more background information on Camp BX?
There is a similar thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=22510.40 ... but can't post to that yet.

Thanks.
-sz

Silzero,

We are a Georgia registered corporation with control number 11022620 and you should be able to verify this with a call.

"KYC" is a blanket term used widely in the USA too.

No start up company starts out by owning a building: we share an office from Regus.  www.Regus.com

Hope this helps,
     CBX Support

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
Keyur @ Camp BX

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 04:09:42 AM

Well I have been using them for quite a while and they have been getting progressively worse!
They still owe me around two thousand dollars in postal money orders from January and have
stopped responding to inquiries for certified mail and postal money order documentation!

I e-mailed them over a half dozen times concerning this matter and the last, two weeks ago.
no response whatsoever.

I guess that I will have to start a what's up with campbx thread and supply the documentation.

Coindexter,
       Tracking dozens of transactions through USPS is a very time consuming process: our treasurer has put a trace on all mails and MOs sent to you and it can take up to 30 days to get an answer from USPS.  This is the root cause for delay in your ticket.

CampBX has resolved every single customer ticket successfully and we will do the same with you, but we appreciate  your patience in the meantime.

Thank you,
      Keyur

silzero (OP)

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:14:48 AM

Keyur,
Thanks for the information.

No start up company starts out by owning a building...

I don't agree with this statement - its just an extreme counter example.
"Trusted Bitcoin Platform" needs a little more trust building. Communicating in these forums is a start, that should help alleviate some trust concerns.
threeip

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 06:32:40 AM

For what its worth, a secure company would not have the servers in the same place as the one where they receive the mail.

If you look at a whois, do you go there and actually expect to find the person who registered it?

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 09:43:15 AM

no response whatsoever.

Dam, i was just about to try them. They owe you thousands from January! Nightmare??

Do tell..(lots of on lookers) im looking for an exchange since bitfloor went down. Bitfloor always answered my support emails. 

Since January!! Holy shit.. 

Are they active on twitter?

Glad they answered here good luck.. but Jeebus !

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:55:19 AM

I used CampBX for a little bit last summer. Stopped using them in favor of Bitfloor. But since Bitfloor is closing down, I have to find myself another exchange instead of MtGox. Was looking into CampBX again last night, as well as BitStamp and TradeHill. I think they are mostly trust worthy. A remember a couple of reputable forum users saying good things about them awhile back.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
lordgrows

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 10:14:29 AM

https://cgov.sos.state.ga.us/Account.aspx/ViewEntityData?entityId=3929272
zedicus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 10:36:44 AM

https://cgov.sos.state.ga.us/Account.aspx/ViewEntityData?entityId=3929272

Thats funny i found them right away using the link you gave.

I used CampBX for a little bit last summer. Stopped using them in favor of Bitfloor. But since Bitfloor is closing down, I have to find myself another exchange instead of MtGox. Was looking into CampBX again last night, as well as BitStamp and TradeHill. I think they are mostly trust worthy. A remember a couple of reputable forum users saying good things about them awhile back.

Thanks for chiming in.. Im signed up with bitstamp need to figure out a strategy for easy fiat withdrawal. I want to actively trade on two exchanges, sometime at the same time so im still looking for a bitfloor alternative.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Apothem

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:23:58 AM

I've tried getting in touch with their support after 700$ of mine didn't appear in my bank account after the withdrawal posted on CampBX. I've tried sending support emails and everything else, with no response.

My other issue is that for the sake of entertainment I tried sending another withdrawal through (about 30$), and it posted within 72 hours. So now I'm really worried about what's going on, as it should have went through a while ago. A lack of response from their support center is making me jumpy. Sad

I just wish they'd send me an email back from an actual person saying they're looking into it, or that I'm annoying them or something with all the messages :|
Keyur @ Camp BX

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 08:30:41 AM

I've tried getting in touch with their support after 700$ of mine didn't appear in my bank account after the withdrawal posted on CampBX. I've tried sending support emails and everything else, with no response.

My other issue is that for the sake of entertainment I tried sending another withdrawal through (about 30$), and it posted within 72 hours. So now I'm really worried about what's going on, as it should have went through a while ago. A lack of response from their support center is making me jumpy. Sad

I just wish they'd send me an email back from an actual person saying they're looking into it, or that I'm annoying them or something with all the messages :|

We are working to clear out support backlog - should be able to do that by Monday.

BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:53:15 AM

I've decided to give them a try, website looks impressive, looks like their support staff is straining under all the ex-bitfloors and ex-Goxxers. Takes a few weeks to hire and train good people when volume increases, so a support backlog is understandable. Will be watching closely for instances of money orders not being credited or deposit/transfer issues, that's an important piece of the pie right there.

Keyur @ Camp BX

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 04:38:06 AM

I've decided to give them a try, website looks impressive, looks like their support staff is straining under all the ex-bitfloors and ex-Goxxers. Takes a few weeks to hire and train good people when volume increases, so a support backlog is understandable. Will be watching closely for instances of money orders not being credited or deposit/transfer issues, that's an important piece of the pie right there.

Thank you for giving us a try! Smiley

GuiltySpark343

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:48:56 AM

Just tried depositing $10 from Dwolla into CampBX, to test the waters. Dwolla lists the deposit as sent and completed. My CampBX account still hasn't shown the money in my balance.

I read their website's FAQ, and nowhere does it state how long a Dwolla deposit would take to get credited.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
Ƀ:17wbDetEw2aESM5oWXbm5ih9NSdDruyWNT
zedicus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 02:19:44 AM

Please pass on youre experience!

Thank you for giving us a try! Smiley

Show us an exchange that dialogs with its customers and we will show you the money! 

Youre footprint here is rather small and i do understand sometimes there is a backlog and maybe the company is growing still.. but

I recommend a campbx official thread! Maybe in the services section.. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=85.0

I signed up yesterday but just found this thread!!  This is scary!! 4 months before a reply .. with that much money on the line... Its unacceptable in every sense of the word.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=139772.0

Lots of onlooker and refugees from bitfloor/Mtgox.. including myself. we just need a standup company we can count on. One that wont leave us in the dark.

Ever!!!

A new customer thats looking forward to doing business on youre platform. Nice setup by the way.. youre site looks well done, i hope to put it through the paces soon after i read more reviews and experiences. Will post my experience here or on youre official thread once its up!
 Smiley

Best Regard,
Zedicus

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Keyur @ Camp BX

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 02:21:40 AM

I signed up yesterday but just found this thread!!  This is scary!! 4 months before a reply .. with that much money on the line... Its unacceptable in every sense of the word.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=139772.0

Zedicus,
    The issue was resolved long time ago.  I just came across the thread while browsing the forum so posted in a reply to provide closure.

Thanks!
     Keyur

Keyur @ Camp BX

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 02:23:29 AM

Just tried depositing $10 from Dwolla into CampBX, to test the waters. Dwolla lists the deposit as sent and completed. My CampBX account still hasn't shown the money in my balance.

I read their website's FAQ, and nowhere does it state how long a Dwolla deposit would take to get credited.

Hi GS,
      As it mentions on the transfer page, current delay for Dwolla transfers is around 4-6 hours.  We are also working on a code change to speed it up.

Thank you,
     Keyur

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: