Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:29:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED][W] Cheap, old >200W Bitcoin Miner [H] $20 USD  (Read 322 times)
guitarplinker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2016, 09:06:01 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2016, 12:25:00 AM by guitarplinker

I've run into some heating issues and the weather is starting to get colder, so I'm looking to purchase an old bitcoin miner that takes a few hundred watts to help warm things up a little and help pay a few cents everyday for the cost of the electricity needed to run it.

Ideally, I'd be looking for an Antminer S1, and would be looking to purchase it for $20 USD or cheaper shipped to Saskatchewan, Canada. Let me know if you have something up to the task and then we can figure out all the specifics. But make it quick, before I freeze to death!

Problem solved, I was able to fix the heating issues!
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 12:57:38 AM

I got some from the Outaouais, but i sorta doubt your Twenty is going to cover shipping Sad Maybe if it was just the boards. I'd look into S3's instead. I put a silent PC fan on it and its staying cool just the same and virtually no noise.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
a29654

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 01:29:13 AM

I got some from the Outaouais, but i sorta doubt your Twenty is going to cover shipping Sad Maybe if it was just the boards. I'd look into S3's instead. I put a silent PC fan on it and its staying cool just the same and virtually no noise.

I have a couple of s1s and s3s I'd sell. The only problem is that $20 wouldn't cover shipping
guitarplinker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 01:55:16 AM

Noise and heat shouldn't be an issue for me. Temperatures inside are about 3 degrees Celsius right now, so the fan noise shouldn't be a problem at all (I did this a couple winters ago and the noise wasn't bad at all because of the low temperatures). I'd be flexible on the $20 - if it costs a little more to get a miner shipped to me that's not a big problem. I shipped a few S1's out to Ontario a few years ago and I remember it costing $20 CAD or so to ship an S1 from Saskatchewan.

Actually, I was just able to look up what I paid to ship S1's to Ontario in 2014, and it looks like it cost me about $18 CAD per S1 through Canada Post, so if you're interested in selling one to me it should be less than $20 to ship the unit + I'd chip in some extra for the actual unit itself and your time spent for packaging and shipping out the unit.

I have a couple of s1s and s3s I'd sell. The only problem is that $20 wouldn't cover shipping
If you're interested in selling please read my message to VirosaGITS above - if you're in Canada then maybe we could figure a price out, because it shouldn't be too costly to ship an S1 within Canada.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: